Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1148035 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2015
Omonjoe:
I would do dt again next week. Did he ever told u dt ur file ws under review during ur previous contacts? Dese guys shld let us knw our fate on tym so as to knw if to apply sumwhere else cos i can nt jst b dishing out $100CAD like dt

no, he didn't tell me abbout the review. He wouldn't want to, for policy or polity sake.
Contact him again next week.
Tell him your MUN number and name and demand for an update on your application. Review is done Mid- January.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by opsynusy(f): 12:38am On Jan 25, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

And u ar going to study in Canada.,,
lol @mrnilobrawn what if he's going to "high school"..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 9:07am On Jan 25, 2015
opsynusy:
lol @mrnilobrawn what if he's going to "high school"..
These are the reasons why MUN is now demanding For TOEFL OR EILTS..from qualified Nigerian applicants.........common SOP.
How wil he write his assignments, test/quize, exams, presentations....
We all should be up and doing oo.
Funny thing tho, he is going for PG

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ryd3(m): 9:53am On Jan 25, 2015
But can u guys just give us a format for SOP.,especially if ur admission is successful? About transcripts, I graduated from olabisi onabanjo University, and had a transcript for my masters at unilag. It's in a photocopy format. I intend applying to several schools and would want to know if it's necessary to get five different transcripts or if I can just upload the photocopy I have. U guys are d best, really
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 9:54am On Jan 25, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Are you refering to me
sorry pally, it was for the chairman marketing SOP, i was supporting your comment that was why i responded on your comment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 10:00am On Jan 25, 2015
ryd3:
But can u guys just give us a format for SOP.,especially if ur admission is successful? About transcripts, I graduated from olabisi onabanjo University, and had a transcript for my masters at unilag. It's in a photocopy format. I intend applying to several schools and would want to know if it's necessary to get five different transcripts or if I can just upload the photocopy I have. U guys are d best, really

This is the tested and trusted format for your SOP.Situations are different for all individuals; work experience, academics, etc so follow this guideline and you can get 1 or 2 people to help you review.If you cannot convince yourself with what your SOP, then you are not ready.Hope this helps.

1. introduction of yourself and course of study in Canada
2. briefly explain your previous education and its relevance to your intended course of study
3. briefly explain any gaps from your last education to date or relevant work experiences acquired
4. briefly explain the impact of your course on your future career and your home country(e.g NIGERIA)
5. emphasis on leaving Canada after ur studies and what you intend to do on return(reasons should correlate with study leave and employment letter, if u submitted any)
the SOP should not be more than two pages and less story telling, go straight to the point and avoid reminding the VO constantly that you are not going to abscond
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 10:01am On Jan 25, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

These are the reasons why MUN is now demanding For TOEFL OR EILTS..from qualified Nigerian applicants.........common SOP.
How wil he write his assignments, test/quize, exams, presentations....
We all should be up and doing oo.
Funny thing tho, he is going for PG

He will learn when he gets here sha, that's the good thing,if he wants or else.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lekan008(m): 10:03am On Jan 25, 2015
We don dey get marketer and comedian on this thread grin angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ryd3(m): 10:34am On Jan 25, 2015
akanni:

This is the tested and trusted format for your SOP.Situations are different for all individuals; work experience, academics, etc so follow this guideline and you can get 1 or 2 people to help you review.If you cannot convince yourself with what your SOP, then you are not ready.Hope this helps.

1. introduction of yourself and course of study in Canada
2. briefly explain your previous education and its relevance to your intended course of study
3. briefly explain any gaps from your last education to date or relevant work experiences acquired
4. briefly explain the impact of your course on your future career and your home country(e.g NIGERIA)
5. emphasis on leaving Canada after ur studies and what you intend to do on return(reasons should correlate with study leave and employment letter, if u submitted any)
the SOP should not be more than two pages and less story telling, go straight to the point and avoid reminding the VO constantly that you are not going to abscond

Thanks a whole lot Bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by marcuskens: 10:38am On Jan 25, 2015
Morning people of God, please i'd like to know if admission letter and acceptance letter mean the same thing...i am a little confused at the moment. I see people use it interchangeably or both when listing their documents....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by igu9382: 12:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
[/quote]author=marcuskens post=30113317]Morning people of God, please i'd like to know if admission letter and acceptance letter means the same thing...i am a little confused at the moment. I see people use it interchangeably or both when listing their documents....

[color=#006600][/color]
Admission Letter, Acceptance Letter, Certificate of Acceptance all mean thesame thing. Mine is written Certificate of Acceptance from UNB, PG. I stand to be corrected, though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by eben1991: 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
Good day! Please is there any uni or college I can apply to with a 2.2 in International Relations, I intend going for human resource management and planning to start may 2016.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by igu9382: 12:46pm On Jan 25, 2015
Padike:

True talk bro..if you don't need it ignore it and if you do, use it.

U guys are right but sometimes a little challenge(in a subtle manner shaa) can awaken some peeps to sit up and 'DIY' (do it yourself). So we're also here to challenge ourselves in order to do much better in canny. We must nt always see everything as insult.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JohnCushion(m): 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2015
igu9382:

U guys are right but sometimes a little challenge(in a subtle manner shaa) can awaken some peeps to sit up and 'DIY' (do it yourself). So we're also here to challenge ourselves in order to do much better in canny. We must nt always see everything as insult.

Moreover, the small small insults and jokes make the thread lively.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by marcuskens: 3:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
igu9382:
author=marcuskens post=30113317]Morning people of God, please i'd like to know if admission letter and acceptance letter means the same thing...i am a little confused at the moment. I see people use it interchangeably or both when listing their documents....

[color=#006600][/color]
Admission Letter, Acceptance Letter, Certificate of Acceptance all mean thesame thing. Mine is written Certificate of Acceptance from UNB, PG. I stand to be corrected, though.

thank u very much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebimpe1988(f): 4:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
Try centennial college
eben1991:
Good day! Please is there any uni or college I can apply to with a 2.2 in International Relations, I intend going for human resource management and planning to start may 2016.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by zizytd(m): 5:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
Bobola86 Hw long will u be giving to pay ur 2500cad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lekan008(m): 6:46pm On Jan 25, 2015
Hello to da gurus, congratulations to all successful applicants and may the Lord put smile in all expectant's face. So shall it be by God's grace. I've a question for you all: pls, is there anyone that has been given visa with part payment receipt of tuition fee? Thanks as I await your helpful and quick response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 9:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
lekan008:
Hello to da gurus, congratulations to all successful applicants and may the Lord put smile in all expectant's face. So shall it be by God's grace. I've a question for you all: pls, is there anyone that has been given visa with part payment receipt of tuition fee? Thanks as I await your helpful and quick response

Forget paying your fees for now as long as the school doesn't demand you do so. Focus more on getting a very strong SOA from yourself or a sponsor(s). also work on your documents, if you go back some few pages you will get ideas for documents that might work for you. Paying your fees or not before applying for a visa guarantees you nothing. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Uchetorial: 10:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
[quote author=BizBloke post=30080352]

You use PeerTransfer to initiate the transfer to your school,then go to any GTbank Head office and ask for Foreign Operations.

You would need to have a GT current account or dom account.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by eben1991: 10:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
adebimpe1988:
Try centennial college
adebimpe1988:
Try centennial college

Thanks Adebimpe, like how much should i have in my SOA to be of better chance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 25, 2015
zizytd:
Bobola86 Hw long will u be giving to pay ur 2500cad

Till February 20. Paid already though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by zizytd(m): 10:49pm On Jan 25, 2015
Bobola86:

Till February 20. Paid already though
Just u or everybody for fall semester.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 3:15am On Jan 26, 2015
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS

1. bellniki1: Nov 19, Niagara college, paper.

SPRING/SUMMER- 2015
1. checkyink: January 12: UniofRegina: PhD: paper

FALL - 2015
1. misszionboo: Jan 28 Niagara college. Pg. online

If you have admission and have applied for TRV

Please provide the following information
**Submission date**Institution*
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper
**level of study

BEST WISHES

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by double08(m): 6:01am On Jan 26, 2015
@bizbloke. Thanks
@lekan008 don't let those exchange rate site give you hope. They are always cheaper.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by acadollar(m): 6:54am On Jan 26, 2015
Pls good people, for someone that wants to travel and doesn't have Certificate of land ownership yet, can he use the lands power of attorney or deed of assignment ?
pls people that has used land document shud help me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lekan008(m): 7:08am On Jan 26, 2015
5p1naz:

Forget paying your fees for now as long as the school doesn't demand you do so. Focus more on getting a very strong SOA from yourself or a sponsor(s). also work on your documents, if you go back some few pages you will get ideas for documents that mightily work for you. Paying your fees or not before applying for a visa guarantees you nothing. wink
Thanks for the encouraging response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Vycta(m): 7:43am On Jan 26, 2015
hi friend,

finally the long awaited response from a supervisor @ UofM. application submitted, awaiting response from the school and by Gods grace admission letter.

thanks guys for 'y'all' advices and push

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 26, 2015
zizytd:

Just u or everybody for fall semester.
I really don't know. Probably depends on the admission date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by cherie24(f): 9:35am On Jan 26, 2015
Good morning all. Pleasr any body gotten admission for Masters in HR in any school or anybody still pursuing admission in Masters in HR. Please share some tips. Thank you and have a blessed week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.