Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1146607 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bighead1(m): 12:23am On Mar 04, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
u sounding like someone is taking something personal.....
because you are in canada doesnt give you the license to look down or make jest of an error made by someone, youre not the first that will go to canada and you wont b the last

The girl be my neighbor for Ita-faji/agarwu area of the rough rugged lagos island now.....

you have moved from a VO to an annointed man of GOD prophecy things on point tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bighead1(m): 12:25am On Mar 04, 2015
kfrosh:
Bro except u need that piece of paper for something else in the future just tell the immigration guy that u don't have that document and all u have to do is to tip him and the rest is history. I was also @the passport office today and mine would be ready tomorrow .

Who says one needs cert of origin for intl passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bighead1(m): 12:30am On Mar 04, 2015
irridemi:
I will be going for a 2years Dip Course by Jan'16. So am currently collating documents(I want to go with my spouse). The estimated course fee from start to finish including accomodation and feeding for student alone is N4million. I want to sponsor my self while my husband is the co-sponsor. I have a Pension Account worth 2million, a Fixed Deposit Account of N1million, i hope to build my salary account to have a closing balance of N1million. I currently earn 150k per month after tax, I have my payslips and can get my Tax Statement. My husband has an Investment in Oil(with an evidence ) of N2Million which they give him interest per month. He is a Co-partner\Consultant of a business, and profit is shared quarterly, the profit (coy's cheque)is been paid into his account quarterly. His closing balance as at the time we will apply hopefully should be N1million. He also has a dollar account which he's been building up app 6,000dollars. We hope to present his Company's Financial Accounts, evidence of his tax payment. We have 3plots of land worth N600,000 each(receipts). We have an uncompleted building worth of N800,000. He is a Director in his Father's Business (they have an event centre worth of 10million). The dad is retired, and so he helps in managing it. Our properties are in our names while bank accounts are individual. He also plans to do an online Course (13weeks prog) from canada 2nd quarter this year. while my home tie will be taking over my mum's creche school. Please are we good to go?.thanks

if na me be VISA OFFICER ni, i go ban you ni like say mods dey ban people for NL

Una wan run away abi shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry angry angry angry??

lolz grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don't do it like that madam, it is a red flag kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss, but i do not know sha, your case may be exceptional ooo tongue tongue tongue tongue, i don't want to come and be going to come and be saying what i am not sure of embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed, i am scared of being crucified cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bighead1(m): 12:35am On Mar 04, 2015
soji0509:
Hmnn !
What you have done is risky. Someone else might submit this even before you the real owner !!
You should have taken time to read back in order to identify individuals who are good and experience at the art of writing SOP.
You then PM (Private mail them) to assist you in proof reading. This is the mistake people make when they are too much in a hurry instead of setting out much earlier. The samples you may have seen here have been used to "chop" TRV already. If I were you, I will take this out of the public domain.I wish the very best

i think he is writing this to his supervisor to gain admission ni ooo

this is not for VISA now.... When he wouldn't want to use a casket to hawk Gala
tongue tongue tongue angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bighead1(m): 12:49am On Mar 04, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
further kini..after all that money...omo.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

kfrosh:
Not everybody wants to abscond from this country like you tongue wink tongue she might just be going to further her Education .

hayqinsbFX:
well detailed.. but youre okay i naija na..why do you want to leave...LOL shocked shocked shocked

My Cousin met a guy who graduated for Dalhousie in canada and the guy told him that the payscale of naija is no where close to that of canada which simply means that they appraise their staffs very well. so please let her apply what i would advise is that she should use the documents of all properties and investments in their name(s) to apply so as to make the VO know that they are financially gallant IMO...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by olutowo(m): 2:55am On Mar 04, 2015
einsteino:
i don't mean to kill your spirit but i have to say your sop is poor. First and foremost, you have to showcase a good command of english in your sop. what i do is getting someone else to read and correct my grammar. Also, I would advise you to break from the norm when writing your first paragraph, i mean the whole world knows the reason while you are writing is because you are applying for blah blah and cos its mandatory that you do. pity the review council a bit, they have over a thousand boring sops to read, at least employ a passionate and interesting hook in your first paragraph that would motivate them to keep reading.

Do not take an sop lightly, it is your only chance to talk to those making decisions on your application. see it this way, it is too late to effect any change on your academic qualification, you had that chance some years ago while you were still an undergrad and right now those transcripts are either helping out or working against you. if at all you have an excellent transcript speaking tonnes of your intellectual prowess, has it occurred to you that graduate study(esp thesis based) require a good deal of passion to succeed? the only way you can showcase your passion and address whatever needs explaining is by a powerful sop. A personal statement is more of a literally piece than formal, nonetheless beware of cliches. Everyone has his own style of writing, inshort some have coined a signature out of theirs... try and find yours. For those who do not know(i can see you have done your homework),A typical sop should address the following(not necessarily all of them and not limited to these ones listed)

1, Reason why you are applying(demonstrate your passion. example of an open paragraph..

Though i have always had mathematical prowess but it wasn't what endeared me to engineering. it is the engineer's ability to turn theory into solutions that interest me, i want to learn about how electronic systems can be designed and controlled.

see how i have showcased my passion and at the same time stated reason why i am applying and highlighted the particular engineering field?

2, what undergrad courses you have taken that are relevant to your graduate study(if you had good grades in them, feel free to brag about it modestly but please never ever make the mistake of defending your poor grades in a course by pointing accusing fingers at your lecturers. it will put you out as someone who doesn't take responsibility)

3, What led you to this path (did you just wake up and in the middle of a hangover realise you need to pursue a masters degree? )

4, o.k so you have passion for this,in your enthusiasm what have you done so far in respect to your interest?(it could be acquiring work experience, it could be consulting with your mentors, it could be acquiring professional certifications, anything at all that shows some seriousness)
5, Why this university? (seriously dude, you left all the universities in your home country for this one despite the fact that they don't require visas. even in canada, there are a many other ones that u could have chosen yet this one is your choice. what informed that choice? mind you your answer to this question would tell the kind of person you are)

6, What makes you standout(oh yeah your choiced university may be an asset to your career path, but no one wants a parasite... so what are you bringing to the table? why should you be chosen over a hundred others? incase you don't know, that prestigious name was built by their students, so are you someone who could be an asset to them?)

7, o.k in 2yrs time you would have that Msc that you flew all the way to that deep freezer called canada for, Where do you hope the skills you acquired from this course would take you to + future goals

a few tips, always ensure you use active and not passive words, irrespective of it being a narrative. Endeavor your sop is concise and cohesive.

LASTLY, i wrote all this to help and not attack anyone and i do not claim to be a monopoly of knowledge. inshort you employ these tips at your own risk.

Thanks man...really grateful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by cynthiaezebaby: 2:59am On Mar 04, 2015
Dam12:
Run for ur life o....This doesn't sound nice lol
hi my people did anyone know abt Attorney nursing, pls I want to know abt the requirement and college s that offers the course.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by olutowo(m): 3:00am On Mar 04, 2015
bighead1:

i think he is writing this to his supervisor to gain admission ni ooo

this is not for VISA now.... When he wouldn't want to use a casket to hawk Gala
tongue tongue tongue angry angry angry

Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§ OOº°˚˚˚˚....its Fø̲̣̣я̅ the skul and not Fø̲̣̣я̅ visa...just wanna be sure before ℓ̊ attach ℓ̊t. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Omonjoe(m): 3:01am On Mar 04, 2015
Lol.....I had a similar argument with her, knew it could be very not true but u know one can never be too sure hence i posted it here
bighead1:

that is outrightly false, what if both parents are dead? abegii
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by cynthiaezebaby: 3:13am On Mar 04, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Someone asked exactly d same question and he or she got a YES. I think 4 pages back.
hi At o2 please where did u write Ur liet exam please would u mind giving me your ur contact even if ur fb .id.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:46am On Mar 04, 2015
you must really have a bighead .....why you looking for extra load.....shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
bighead1:

ask @hayqinsbFX he has the right answers to all questions he is a retired VO, i am dead serious

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by modskiller(m): 6:45am On Mar 04, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
you must really have a bighead .....why you looking for extra load.....shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Oga mi sir, I sight you ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by iykedancastro(m): 7:44am On Mar 04, 2015
olutowo:

Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§ OOº°˚˚˚˚....its Fø̲̣̣я̅ the skul and not Fø̲̣̣я̅ visa...just wanna be sure before ℓ̊ attach ℓ̊t. Thanks

my brother these fonts will do you little to no good, help the room members understand your text by using normal format, and like some one pointed out earlier you need to work on that SOP, am not a supervisor or graduate admission administrator but I believe you can produce better.
*check the grammar, composition and be more creative. The essence is to engage them.

I wish us all luck . grin
olutowo:

my brother these fonts will do you little to no good, help the room members understand your text by using normal format, and like some one pointed out earlier you need to work on that SOP, am not a supervisor or graduate admission administrator but I believe you can produce better.
*check the grammar, composition and be more creative. The essence is to engage them.

I wish us all luck .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 04, 2015
Wish you guys all the best. cheesy grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 04, 2015
wink
Modified
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 04, 2015
cynthiaezebaby:
hi my people did anyone know abt Attorney nursing, pls I want to know abt the requirement and college s that offers the course.
If i can remember, you'll need to have a law degree first.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by olutowo(m): 8:16am On Mar 04, 2015
iykedancastro:

I wish us all luck . grin

I wish us all luck .

Thanks boss...I will work on that...I will change the bbm font whenever I want to type in here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 04, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
my brother. if youve you bn following the issue...you will see i only made the comment stating i cant remember where i saw it before someone came about some personal talks and people started seconding et al....
you no go see abuse for my mouth ooo....

No abuse so who are the people you're labeling as "idle" and those who never look their own life finish? Guy your manner of approach nor good. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:35am On Mar 04, 2015
if thats what you term as abuse....no qualms...
i think its just a grammatical expression of the obvious fact sir...
Snappyfingaz:

No abuse so who are the people you're labeling as "idle" and those who never look their own life finish? Guy your manner of approach nor good. Take it or leave it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:37am On Mar 04, 2015
im loyal sir ooo....
i dont know why some people dont want to move on from this trivial issue....naso i important reach...
modskiller:
Oga mi sir, I sight you ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by minnietope(f): 8:59am On Mar 04, 2015
STEPS TO CANADA ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

Hey there, Tired of waiting, and feeling Frustrated with the Canada visa Paper route processing time?
The solution you need is right here. Online route is all you need to get going grin

Follow these easy steps:

1. Visit www.cic.gc.ca to register……Click on Apply online, you’ll get a prompt asking if you have applied before……Click NO……you get the next prompt asking “What are you applying for?”......Select STUDY PERMIT………you get another prompt asking “Have you used our online questionnaire to find out if you’re eligible to apply?”……your answer here should be NO since you’re applying for the first time, but if you’ve filled the questionnaire before then you can click YES.

2. After Clicking a NO to the Eligibilty Questionnaire question in step 1 then it takes you to an info Page……Just Click START……..Now that you’re on the getting started page…..Take your time to read the instructions……And then Click NEXT……Please fill in the Questionnaire correctly as these will be used to generate a Checklist code for you to upload your documents on your myCIC account.

3. After completely filling the Eligibility Questionnaire you will hit the “Review your answer page”……Please scan through to confirm your answers to the Questionnaire…….Then Click CONTINUE…………It will take you to a page were your CHECK LIST CODE is boldly written……the one I generated for mysef now is OX2980052333(plsssss this na my own code oooo,go generate your own biko).….Please copy your CODE or save that page or print that page……Just don’t misplace your own checklist code biko…..if you do, then you will have to fill another questionnaire all over again to generate another checklist code….. Please note that the checklist code you generated has expiry date(probably 2 months) so if you plan on generating the code make sure you use it before it expires else you would have to generate another.

4. Now that you have created your check list code the real application begins……you will have to re-iterate from Step 1 by visiting www.cic.gc.ca ….Click on Apply online, you get a prompt asking if you have applied before……Click NO……you get the next prompt asking “What are you applying for?”......Select STUDY PERMIT………you get another prompt asking “Have you used our online questionnaire to find out if you’re eligible to apply?” ……at the point click YES........It then ask you “Do you have a code that looks like this: QK4350881372?”……..Click YES…….Then it takes you to “Create myCIC account page”……Click START.........Now you’re at the page……Click GCKey Login…….since you do not have a Username and password yet then click REGISTER FOR A NEW GC-KEY........After you must have registered…..It takes you to terms and conditions page….Just click I ACCEPT……….

5. After clicking accept….it ask you if you already have a client ID which is also known as UCI number…..if you had previously applied to CDHC either through paper route or other route and you were given a UCI no please click YES…..but if you are just freshly applying to the Embassy then click NO…..Then it takes you to the Mycic Enrolment were you will fill your names, DOB, Country of birth, passport number……Then click CONTINUE…..Next is to create your security question …… click CONTINUE…….Then it ask for your email…..enter your email and click CONTINUE……. you get to your main cic page were you get to click APPLY ONLINE……….It ask you for the checklist code(remember the code we created at the beginning)…..

6. Enter your checklist code……..Now it takes you to the checklist questionnaire review page……Please note that you can still modify your questionnaire on the fly if you are not satisfied with some answers you provided…..all you need to do is click on MODIFY…….When you are done reviewing the page, click CONTINUE……Then it takes you to the part where you get to upload all you scanned documents……View the picture below to see what it looks like……

7. Please always click the question(?) attached to each upload section….example:- once you click the (?) attached to “Proof of Means of Financial Support” you will get these long lists
• your bank statements for the past four months
• a bank draft in convertible currency
• pay stubs
• an employment letter
• proof of assets or business
• proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
• tax reports, declarations or statements
• proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
• a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
• proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
• proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

All you need to do is look for the documents you are able to provide on this list and then Copy and Paste them into a Microsoft word after scanning…..Save the document as PDF format in other to get a lower size pdf document…..if at the end you shrinked to pdf and you still have a larger size pdf, then please download a pdf compressor www.pdfcompressor.org

This is just for a section of Upload…..there are other Upload section(check the pics) were you need to also shrink documents to lower size….Please do this right and make your documents as clear as possible after shrinking.

When you are done uploading all docx......It takes you to the Review page.....Click CONTINUE.......Now you're at the payment page....Please make use of Zenith or First bank master card.....It has been tested and trusted to work on CIC platform.

Now that your application has been completed....always watch out for any message in your cic account....usually they notify you via your email of any pending message in your CIC account so always check your email regularly grin

Please note that these steps also apply to Visiting Visa application.....Just follow the Instructions for Visiting Lobatan!!! grin

take your time to study this well….Its practical so do not be scared to read all…..once you get going with it on your PC/Laptop you would see how easy it is to apply Online……Package your application well and then leave the rest to baba God…..GOD AINT SLEEPING grin

Cheers

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by minnietope(f): 9:26am On Mar 04, 2015
Good morn everyone,
@irridemi, I am also in your shoes, I want to apply with my hubby and son at the same time this May/June, av admission for Sept 15.

House, we need to know if anyone from this forum, knows someone/people who have applied together with their family and were successful/unsuccessful and reasons, documents submitted stuffs like that.

N.B. My hubby went to study in the UK for his MSc, we (my son and I) applied after him and were denied (reason was we were applying later than him), when he got there some of his classmates who applied with their family at the same time and were given.

So, for us the UK experience is a huge factor in us deciding to want to apply together at the same time to Canada.

Thank you all in advance.

Also the people already in Canada your input is highly appreciated in advance.

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lollipop25(f): 9:34am On Mar 04, 2015
minnietope:
Good morn everyone,
@irridemi, I am also in your shoes, I want to apply with my hubby and son at the same time this May/June, av admission for Sept 15.

House, we need to know if anyone from this forum, knows someone/people who have applied together with their family and were successful/unsuccessful and reasons, documents submitted stuffs like that.

N.B. My hubby went to study in the UK for his MSc, we (my son and I) applied after him and were denied (reason was we were applying later than him), when he got there some of his classmates who applied with their family at the same time and were given.

So, for us the UK experience is a huge factor in us deciding to want to apply together at the same time to Canada.

Cheers.
For the Canada student visa application, leaving your family behind is a proof of strong home tie and with that you have a high chance of getting ur visa if other documents and in check... So it will be better for the applicant to apply first and the family can join later... My thoughts

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 9:34am On Mar 04, 2015
cynthiaezebaby:
Madam, sorry to ask but are u really a NURSE?? If yes, pls try to improve on ur research skills.. Info abt nursing is ever ready on d Internet. ders no prog like attorney nursing. Attorney nurse is a designation for a nurse who has both nursing and law degrees.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 9:51am On Mar 04, 2015
This thread, happens to be the most resourceful & matured thread I've ever followed on NL(unfollowed others sef)..It's really disheartening to come here and get bored wiv lots of childish posts. I fink we shld learn to move past trivial issues.. Newbies shld also learn to read bk to @ least part 4. 90% of ur questions Hv been asked b4 & answered. U'd learn a lot here if u humble up, avoid rhetorics & raising over flogged issues.. May God bless our hustles and plant our feet on solid grounds in Canada!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 04, 2015
@Iyaejima, i agree with you. I have learnt alot from this forum and i think this is the best place to get information about going to Canada. I will advice people to read aback. You can't be lazy with reading and want to go to a place like Canada to study if you cant even spend time to do a proper research. I wish everyone a successful application. Feel free to ask or answer any question but pls, avoid insulting anyone or try to make anyone look stupid. No one is an island and no one knows it all.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sekinatmi(f): 11:20am On Mar 04, 2015
Hi everyone,
Please I applied to university of guelph for msc statistics bit just realised one of my referee didnt upload his reference.is it possible that I am admitted.
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 11:54am On Mar 04, 2015
sekinatmi:
Hi everyone,
Please I applied to university of guelph for msc statistics bit just realised one of my referee didnt upload his reference.is it possible that I am admitted.
thanks

If there's a minimum number of REQUIRED refs the school is asking for and you've it fulfilled, no problems. However if the outstanding ref isn't a surplus, then you might have an issue.

Do best to contact your program coordinator.
All the best.
Cheers mate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ziddie(f): 11:55am On Mar 04, 2015
hello house,i have only been a reader on here.....pls i need sum1 with the experience to help clarify on how i can go about my processing to study in canada,masters precisely.i have a first degree with 2.85gp.thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by EcashPlanet(f): 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
minnietope:
Good morn everyone,

Cheers.

It seems the shoes are big enough to contain many more.

I am actually wondering whether or not to go ahead with my own application.

I'm in my mid 30s, have 2 kids. I also intended going with my family, but I'm still struggling to make up my mind on whether or not to do so since most peeps advice not to go initially with family.

I really don't know how I'd leave my second son of about a year alone while I'm away studying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by opsynusy(f): 12:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
Snappyfingaz:

lol..aw far? Ignore that one abeg... how Regina?

@optimal... I sight u babez,long time

@bighead1..which kind neighborhood be that... i refuse to be ur neighbor in that area o except u stay in nelson,castlegar Or Vancouver ,then we can be neighbors grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.