Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1147811 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by marcuskens: 4:39pm On Mar 28, 2015
i'm in ikeja....awaiting medical call

kol1234:
@ohammmed: I pm'd you. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Shebol01: 5:09pm On Mar 28, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Yes, You can...just have him give you a photocopy of the survey plan and have it notarized if you can.
write an affidavit to that effect abut the different names....

Can a sponsor send in documents via online to d VO on behalf of the applicant? Are there any particular e-mail address(es) for dis by the Canadian Embassy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pampem: 5:15pm On Mar 28, 2015
checkyink:
@pampem, any news from MAEP MUN, my friend is yet to received a decision email despite being told decision made since last week weds, any update from your side ?
@checkyink, quite a while. Congrats on ur TRV once again. saw your post now and checked immediately but still on application complete, decision not made on mine yet!
How far? When did he apply and his documents submitted? Has he got any mail yet? My application was december. A friend presently doing same course says they'l send a mail to notify applicant.
I trust God for +ve decision. Don't wanna go back to OAU for Phd. Please do let me know what's up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2015
i havent heard of that before....i would personally say it isnt possible
Shebol01:

Can a sponsor send in documents via online to d VO on behalf of the applicant? Are there any particular e-mail address(es) for dis by the Canadian Embassy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by taregs: 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2015
Hello guys, please how do you sort out the accommodation thing when going to Canada, do i need to show any proof of where to stay in Canada while submitting my application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sanpay(f): 11:05pm On Mar 28, 2015
poseman:
House,

My wife got admission in canada and would like to start processing the Visa ASAP. I will be glad if some could please answer these few questions.

Please what is the difference between the Study Permit and Temporary Resident Visa? While applying for the study permit, saw some TRV forms IMM 5257. Do in need to fill this form too? The question might sound stupid but its better to ask than make mistakes.

Secondly, for the Statutory Declaration of Common Law Form IMM 5409, there is a part that says "Signature of Commissioner for Oaths" Do i need to take it to marriage registry in Ikoyi for them to sign?

Thirdly, while applying online, I'm finding it challenging loving in don't know which one to log in between "Continue to sign in Partner" or Continue to GCKey". Please advice.

Can i use my dad as main sponsor with 10m while i am Co-sponsor with 4m or vice versa. Can i also withdraw the money from my account once i print the statement of account for the visa application?i need to do something with the money.

I will be glad if someone can answer these questions because I'm kinda stucked right now.
yes, you will have to fill the TRV forms and dat of Study permit made outside Canada. You Said She's your Wyf, all you need to do is provide ur wedding certificate and pictures if necessary. I dunno abt the declaration of common law partner......Use GCKEY. Yes u can use ur dad as sponsor and you serve as a Co Sponsor. Yes you can withdraw the money AFTER u have printed ur statement if U'r in desperate need for d money as no one has d right to disclose your account balance but it's not always advisable. Wish u guys all d success in the world....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kol1234: 11:21pm On Mar 28, 2015
Is there anyone successful candidate that used SOA from an uncle alone?

if you have been denied visa in USA for close to 10yrs and you since moved on( then I was applying for undergraduate), is it advisable to complete it the part f the form that asked if one has been denied as NO or YES?

please I need your advise

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 11:48pm On Mar 28, 2015
Don't worry you will get an admit. My friend status said decision made. I don't know if he has gotten a mail yet. Avnt heard from him. OAU no be am oo. You won't enjoy a PhD in Ife oo. Believe.

pampem:

@checkyink, quite a while. Congrats on ur TRV once again. saw your post now and checked immediately but still on application complete, decision not made on mine yet!
How far? When did he apply and his documents submitted? Has he got any mail yet? My application was december. A friend presently doing same course says they'l send a mail to notify applicant.
I trust God for +ve decision. Don't wanna go back to OAU for Phd. Please do let me know what's up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 11:52pm On Mar 28, 2015
My friend applied first week of February. He saw the decision made tab on March 18. Don't know if he has gotten a decision mail yet. Avnt been able to reach him for a while. Will keep you posted

pampem:

t
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 7:59am On Mar 29, 2015
MockinJay:
Hello Prospective Applicants,

If you think your hopes of getting admitted this fall is dashed since most school's application deadlines have expired.

There are Institutions in Canada with a further deadline. Here's the three I know of;

University of Victoria : Application Deadline- April 30, 2015. Document Deadline- May 31st. Transcript to be sent via postal mail or courier!

University of British Columbia: Deadline passed. Although, some programs are still looking for more applicants

Lakehead University Application Deadline: July 24th. Document Deadline - No idea but it should be further than May 1st.

Anyone admitted to study around Victoria? Or any University of Victoria applicant/Undergraduate here?
I'm to resume by September(by God's grace) and I'm conversing with a Landlord..trying to get an off-campus house for 470+CAD monthly. If anyone is interested, we could split or something. Bathroom and Kitchen is being shared with two other Students.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by XpensiveT(m): 10:49am On Mar 29, 2015
Good day everyone...Kudos to you all for the great work you doing here. Please, am new on this thread. I wanna apply to MUN for Master's program in Biochemistry. I have read all necessary information from the school website and I wish to put in my application for winter semester admission. Please, I have some questions to ask and i will really appreciate all your response.

1. I graduated with a second class lower in BIOCHEMISTRY (CGPA 2.77) from a state university here in Nigeria. Do you think I can be admitted for the master's program with my CGPA?

2. It was stated on the school website that academic reference letter must be sent via official staffs university email address. I'm sure my alma mata dont have official email for the lecturers. Is there any other i can go about the reference letter issh?

I look forward to read from you all as your response will be appreciated.

#MaximumRespect
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by berexio1: 11:05am On Mar 29, 2015
Shebol01:

Who is this ur sponsor? Is he a relative?Except he want to login into ur account and attach the documents for u since ur doing the online route. He cannot send the docs independently...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by berexio1: 11:05am On Mar 29, 2015
Shebol01:

Who is this ur sponsor? Is he a relative?Except he wants to login into ur account and attach the documents for u since ur doing the online route. He cannot send the docs independently...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kelvinpam(m): 11:23am On Mar 29, 2015
yea sure.. Applied March 17..Msc Chemistry.. Winter term 2016 ..cos i'm currently serving

MockinJay:
Any University of Victoria applicant here? undecided

Deadline: April 30.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kelvinpam(m): 11:46am On Mar 29, 2015
Greetings Xpensive...I tink most universities in Canada require a Second class upper for the masters Programs...I stand to be corrected doh.
I'll advice you go for a 1yr advance diploma program ...den proceed with your masters after you done.

Abt your second question, i had same issue with the university of New brunswick. The uni. i graduated from rarely use their school mail.
I had to check for others schools with less strict measures. i'll advice you check other schools and compare their requirements.

XpensiveT:
Good day everyone...Kudos to you all for the great work you doing here. Please, am new on this thread. I wanna apply to MUN for Master's program in Biochemistry. I have read all necessary information from the school website and I wish to put in my application for winter semester admission. Please, I have some questions to ask and i will really appreciate all your response.

1. I graduated with a second class lower in BIOCHEMISTRY (CGPA 2.77) from a state university here in Nigeria. Do you think I can be admitted for the master's program with my CGPA?

2. It was stated on the school website that academic reference letter must be sent via official staffs university email address. I'm sure my alma mata dont have official email for the lecturers. Is there any other i can go about the reference letter issh?

I look forward to read from you all as your response will be appreciated.

#MaximumRespect

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sexysammy0906: 11:52am On Mar 29, 2015
Happy Sunday ,how is everyone doing?? pls i need a statement of purpose sample/template for visa application urgently. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 12:09pm On Mar 29, 2015
Kelvinpam:
yea sure.. Applied March 17..Msc Chemistry.. Winter term 2016 ..cos i'm currently serving

Yay! I applied on the 20th. BEng Elect Elect.. fall 2015. We shall meet by God's grace. My elder bro will be joining too..Masters in Vancouver(UBC)..winter 2016

#LetThemAcceptUsO!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kelvinpam(m): 12:32pm On Mar 29, 2015
Sure...Itz into Gods hand...we have done our own part.

MockinJay:

Yay! I applied on the 20th. BEng Elect Elect.. fall 2015. We shall meet by God's grace. My elder bro will be joining too..Masters in Vancouver(UBC)..winter 2016

#LetThemAcceptUsO!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by XpensiveT(m): 1:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
Thanks for ur response boss #God bless u

Kelvinpam:
Greetings Xpensive...I tink most universities in Canada require a Second class upper for the masters Programs...I stand to be corrected doh.
I'll advice you go for a 1yr advance diploma program ...den proceed with your masters after you done.

Abt your second question, i had same issue with the university of New brunswick. The uni. i graduated from rarely use their school mail.
I had to check for others schools with less strict measures. i'll advice you check other schools and compare their requirements.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 1:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
Based on the application guide, Comon law means that "you have lived continuously with your partner in a marital-type relationship for a minimum of one year". Married people are not common-law partners...this kind of relationship is common in western countries where people in a relationship move in together and live together for years without being married.

sanpay:
yes, you will have to fill the TRV forms and dat of Study permit made outside Canada. You Said She's your Wyf, all you need to do is provide ur wedding certificate and pictures if necessary. I dunno abt the declaration of common law partner......Use GCKEY. Yes u can use ur dad as sponsor and you serve as a Co Sponsor. Yes you can withdraw the money AFTER u have printed ur statement if U'r in desperate need for d money as no one has d right to disclose your account balance but it's not always advisable. Wish u guys all d success in the world....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sheriph: 1:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
Oga shiga and my fellow house members, Can I use salary certificate as a replacement for an introduction letter. My company said they can only gimme salary certificate which will state my job title, salary, and will introduce me...can I use it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2015
sexysammy0906:
Happy Sunday ,how is everyone doing?? pls i need a statement of purpose sample/template for visa application urgently. Thanks

Hope this is what u want..
http://www.majortests.com/gre/sop-sample.php
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
taregs:
Hello guys, please how do you sort out the accommodation thing when going to Canada, do i need to show any proof of where to stay in Canada while submitting my application?

What application?

Explain further!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Newww1(f): 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hello Guyz....being wanting to join this forum but am usually lost its a lot to keep up with but now I really could use. talking to someone who understands the sch visa nd all thing...merci..actually reading up on previous msgs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 1:56pm On Mar 29, 2015
Newww1:
Hello Guyz....being wanting to join this forum but am usually lost its a lot to keep up with but now I really could use. talking to someone who understands the sch visa nd all thing...merci..actually reading up on previous msgs

Simply state what you'd like to know. On this thread lies people willing to help and also have knowledge on the visa and application thingy.

Have u applied?
Check this page or the previous of schools that still accepts application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Newww1(f): 1:57pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ok don't kw aw dis wrks or who is suppose to respond....but here
I applied to two mcmasters nd Windsor for masters nd lakeland for a diploma git response of acceptance from lakeland.

So I started my visa process online,submitted and actually done my biometrics like 3 weeks ago.

So want to know aw long it usually takes to get a feedback or know what next.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Barnie1111(m): 2:04pm On Mar 29, 2015
mcdonald123:
Amen.....lol...i nor fear..jes wanted 2 ask if dave sent it...i jes called dem nd dave sent it already...
McDonald, goodafterernoon and happy sunday.
Just have some few questions for you:
A. Have you heard anything from the Children's practice
B. You applied through what route?
C. Has your CIC page been updated with your medicals?

Please don't mind me I'm just kinda curious, I find it hard to sleep well nowadays, even to eat well. Just very expectant about this passport dispatch.
Can we exchange numbers,you can send to my mail addy:olusoji.oyebode@gmail.com
Just need someone we can relate together maybe that will ease the pressure out a lil.

I'm to resume May5 and no TRV yet.

And by the way after medicals, can these guys go ahead to verify your documents like SOAs and CAC documents?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by modskiller(m): 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2015
sexysammy0906:
read from somewhere around page 270, someone posted a picture of how it should look. BTW, don't do a verbatim copy of what you see oo, use your own words and be creative. Best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2015
Here's some info for students resuming this fall or winter. From Possible Expenses to needed equipments/Items.

Tips:
-Instead of opting in for bus pass..get a bicycle instead from kijiji. It should save you some cost.

-If you can't cook or yet to adjust to their market, opt in for the School's plan meal

-You can find someone who wants a roommate/shared house, move in! You get to pay half the apartment rent and still enjoy Internet and heat!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 2:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
Newww1:
Ok don't kw aw dis wrks or who is suppose to respond....but here
I applied to two mcmasters nd Windsor for masters nd lakeland for a diploma git response of acceptance from lakeland.

So I started my visa process online,submitted and actually done my biometrics like 3 weeks ago.

So want to know aw long it usually takes to get a feedback or know what next.

I assume you must have paid for the application fee(100CAD). Just hold on, after sending all the required documents. They get pushed back to the faculty of Graduate Studies, after further processing they will update your Lakehead University myInfo page and also send an email. So keep checking your MyInfo page.
N.B: There's no time frame for response. Once they are through processing your application, they will contact you.

If you still have access to cash, I would advice you to apply to another uni.

1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2015
Barnie1111:

McDonald, goodafterernoon and happy sunday.
Just have some few questions for you:
A. Have you heard anything from the Children's practice
B. You applied through what route?
C. Has your CIC page been updated with your medicals?

Please don't mind me I'm just kinda curious, I find it hard to sleep well nowadays, even to eat well. Just very expectant about this passport dispatch.
Can we exchange numbers,you can send to my mail addy:olusoji.oyebode@gmail.com
Just need someone we can relate together maybe that will ease the pressure out a lil.

I'm to resume May5 and no TRV yet.

And by the way after medicals, can these guys go ahead to verify your documents like SOAs and CAC documents?
bros, u've been called for medicals and u still dey worry like this? if im to advise you... Quit worrying, Enjoy ur sleep very well cos u leaving 9ja soon, eat d local food alot cos u'll miss them wen u leave, spend time wif ur family. may 5 is more than a month away. start making preparations like flight, accommodation, feeding etc Ur passport will be dispatched very soon!

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Newww1(f): 2:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
Thanks for your response..

Lankland is actually a college doin a diploma with dem as I was refused addmission in mcmasters nd Windsor don't kw y thou I av required CGPA..

Well moving on with Lankland so aftr d post.Gdip I can apply for masters while am There.
Av paid der acceptance fee. Nd moved on wit visa app...

So aftr d biometrics what next I kip chkin my cic page thou.

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.