Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1147961 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
tyraSmith005:
I need a travelling buddy!!!!!anybody intending to move on april 24th...pls pm me..
Thanks.
Where you heading?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tyraSmith005(f): 7:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
Toronto
Jengbetiele:

Where you heading?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tyraSmith005(f): 7:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
Welldone angry tongue
hayqinsbFX:
my babe...buh u know wat....ill just pass....lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kclexa(m): 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2015
yat11:

I would be going there....though for the spring semester......

I see you will be arriving Edmonton for the spring semester, You can info me your travel itinerary. If it works fine for me. I will do my little kind gesture of picking you up from the Airport.

This applies to any of my lovely nairalanders coming to Edmonton, Alberta...I can't provide accommodation but I can help out with the Airport pickup grin as this was one of my challenges when I arrived this city. The airport is 45 min drive city centre.

Good luck you all.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
kclexa:

I see you will be arriving Edmonton for the spring semester, You can info me your travel itinerary. If it works fine for me. I will do my little kind gesture of picking you up from the Airport.

This applies to any of my lovely nairalanders coming to Edmonton, Alberta...I can't provide accommodation but I can help out with the Airport pickup grin as this was one of my challenges when I arrived this city. The airport is 45 min drive city centre.

Good luck you all.
Booked!! Will PM you grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by taregs: 10:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
please is there an age limit colleges in Canada have for advance diploma studies?? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kclexa(m): 10:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
taregs:
please is there an age limit colleges in Canada have for advance diploma studies?? thanks

NOPE!!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jbomo11: 11:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
pls i need advise ....i was supposed to use an agent for my admission and visa pocessing but i changed my mind after reading this forum
The issue i am having is that i already told my school to address my transcript to the agent's company ,now i have the transcript and i want to apply for admission myself...Is it possible to use the trascript already addressed to the agent's company for admission to the school of my choice or i should just get another transcript addressed to the school directly...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 12:46am On Apr 02, 2015
Plz hauz am planning to place my online application route tomorrow..... here are d docs to be summited.

SPONSOR: MY ELDER BRODA SOA (10M)

EMBASSY DOCS
1) Application Checklist
2) Family information form
3) QUESTIONNAIRE
4) Application form

SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
1) Letter of acceptance from the School
2) Paid part of the tuition fee ($500)
3) Admission letter

PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
1) Int Passport
2) Two Passport Photograph
3) Employment letter
4) Confirmation of employment letter
5) Introduction & Recommendation letter from my place of work
6) Study leave letter
7) Personal SOA (Closing balance 450k)

ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
1) NECO Certificate
2) Diploma certificate
3) National Population Commission certificate
4) SOP

SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
1) Originals of the last 6 months of sponsor’s Bank account statement
2) Land property
3) Letter of recommendation
4) Photocopy of his CAC certificate duly certified by ministry of justice
5) Affidavit of sponsorship

All ur responses and contributions are highly appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Laajman(m): 1:04am On Apr 02, 2015
I've been in Toronto for a few years now. Schooled and now work here.

Been checking this thread intermittently and it's interesting to see how it has morphed.

Happy to be of help to newcomers who need help/advise navigating and settling in. Can't help with immigration, visa et al. - not familiar with that. Can only advise folks already here. Feel free to inbox me.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 1:13am On Apr 02, 2015
Laajman:
I've been in Toronto for a few years now. Schooled and now work here.

Been checking this thread intermittently and it's interesting to see how it has morphed.

Happy to be of help to newcomers who need help/advise navigating and settling in. Can't help with immigration, visa et al. - not familiar with that. Can only advise folks already here. Feel free to inbox me.
Gud to av u here bro

plz can I av ur email
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 1:16am On Apr 02, 2015
bepzi4jesus:
Plz hauz am planning to place my online application route tomorrow..... here are d docs to be summited.

EMBASSY DOCS
1) Application Checklist
3) QUESTIONNAIRE
4) Application form

SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
3) Admission letter

PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
1) Int Passport
3) Employment letter

ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
1) NECO Certificate
2) Diploma certificate
4) SOP

SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
2) Land property
4) He has a tax firm buh he cant find his CAC certificate... so am not planning to include it anymore

PLEASE KINDLY HELP A BRODA HERE...
Just wish to know may be am gud to go or probably deris something avnt added

All ur responses are highly appreciated
Here are my observations:
* is yur course of study related to yur work experience or wat u studied?
* your SOA shld be added no matter how little yur acct balance is
* pls add a study leave letter and work ID( it will help a great deal since u are working)
* if your sponsor is self employed and his CAC cert is missing then add receipt of biz transactions
*no sponsorship letter from you sponsor and since he is not your parents an affidavit shld be added or get the sponsorship letter notarized. I wish you d very best grin. The gurus can add to dis pls.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bimbolamelo: 1:47am On Apr 02, 2015
Hello house.......I'm Bola currently studying nursing in India(1st year) and I would like to transfer to canada for my second year cos the system of education in India is too tough.....Pls I need names of schools I could apply to ranging from $500-$9000....I have an uncle in Alberta that I could use his documents during the visa processing!!!can I get the visa from India or I have to travel back to nigeria?.....house please I need an advice on this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 7:16am On Apr 02, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Here are my observations:
* is yur course of study related to yur work experience or wat u studied?
* your SOA shld be added no matter how little yur acct balance is
* pls add a study leave letter and work ID( it will help a great deal since u are working)
* if your sponsor is self employed and his CAC cert is missing then add receipt of biz transactions
*no sponsorship letter from you sponsor and since he is not your parents an affidavit shld be added or get the sponsorship letter notarized. I wish you d very best grin. The gurus can add to dis pls.

* Very related ( Network and Telecommunications Engineering Technology Diploma Program) I av diploma in Computer hardware, software and troubleshooting
* My sponsor is a blood broda to me... I mean same father and mother... so I do not think affidavit is necessary cos d court are even strike...

Abi wotz ur take on dis
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Vycta(m): 7:19am On Apr 02, 2015
Please guys can i get a GRE book from anyone who has... very urgent

would really appreciate if i get one cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sanpay(f): 7:52am On Apr 02, 2015
jbomo11:
pls i need advise ....i was supposed to use an agent for my admission and visa pocessing but i changed my mind after reading this forum
The issue i am having is that i already told my school to address my transcript to the agent's company ,now i have the transcript and i want to apply for admission myself...Is it possible to use the trascript already addressed to the agent's company for admission to the school of my choice or i should just get another transcript addressed to the school directly...
Please go ahead and use the transcript. My Transcript was addressed to my Uncle's Company, I used it to get admission in Lambton college and Centennial college.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 8:10am On Apr 02, 2015
Morning NL pals... Alright time to pour out the outcome of my visa application... Unfortunately my application was delayed 25th but didn't see the mail until Sun 29th, applied Feb 16th and did Biometric 17th...

Reasons for the delay;

I am not satisfied that you:

* have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay tuition fees for course or program of studies that u intend to pursue

* your travel history

* your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

* purpose of visit

* your personal and assets and financial status

Thank Y'll and repacking and to refire soon...

You can add your 2cent...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by omooba2015(m): 8:18am On Apr 02, 2015
What What about your payslip and study leave letter.

EMBASSY DOCS
1) Application Checklist
3) QUESTIONNAIRE
4) Application form

SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
3) Admission letter

PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
1) Int Passport
3) Employment letter

ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
1) NECO Certificate
2) Diploma certificate
4) SOP

SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
2) Land property
4) He has a tax firm buh he cant find his CAC certificate... so am not planning to include it anymore

All ur responses are highly appreciated[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 8:24am On Apr 02, 2015
bepzi4jesus:

* Very related ( Network and Telecommunications Engineering Technology Diploma Program) I av diploma in Computer hardware, software and troubleshooting
* My sponsor is a blood broda to me... I mean same father and mother... so I do not think affidavit is necessary cos d court are even strike...

Abi wotz ur take on dis
Go to a Notary public get the sponsorship letter notarized. Dats my take.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 8:46am On Apr 02, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Go to a Notary public get the sponsorship letter notarized. Dats my take.

Thanks broda... Really appreciate ur concern and contribution

Plz can u give me ur BB pin or ur fone number.. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by poseman: 9:02am On Apr 02, 2015
Please how much was in you SOA

Pmiller1:
Morning NL pals... Alright time to pour out the outcome of my visa application... Unfortunately my application was delayed 25th but didn't see the mail until Sun 29th, applied Feb 16th and did Biometric 17th...

Reasons for the delay;

I am not satisfied that you:

* have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay tuition fees for course or program of studies that u intend to pursue

* your travel history

* your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

* purpose of visit

* your personal and assets and financial status

Thank Y'll and repacking and to refire soon...

You can add your 2cent...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bonny07(f): 9:10am On Apr 02, 2015
Good morning all, please is it true i still have to pay to pick up my visa? after medicals done and passed urgent reply please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2015
bepzi4jesus:

Thanks broda... Really appreciate ur concern and contribution

Plz can u give me ur BB pin or ur fone number.. Thanks
Am a sis broda cheesy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 9:30am On Apr 02, 2015
poseman:
Please how much was in you SOA

Sponsor: 4.5M, mine 2.5M
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kelvinpam(m): 9:44am On Apr 02, 2015
Hey bro...got ya pm but cant seem to access it...kindly send me a mail...obaino4rill@gmail.com

MockinJay:

no biggie but the school just sent my student ID number and promised to get back to me as soon as my transcript arrives their office.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 10:15am On Apr 02, 2015
Please is your sponsor here in Nigeria or in Canada? Do u indicate u know someone very connected in Canada?
Pmiller1:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 02, 2015
Hello, You need to add your Brother's Pay slips and yours, Your SOA irrespective of how much you have in your acct. Also, I hope your brother is not using his company's acct o? I think that may create some issues. This is my personal opinion. How much is the total amount you need for your study? I wish you the best.

bepzi4jesus:
[/b]EMBASSY DOCS
1) Application Checklist
3) QUESTIONNAIRE
4) Application form
SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
3) Admission letter
PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
1) Int Passport
3) Employment letter
ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
1) NECO Certificate
2) Diploma certificate
4) SOP
[b]SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS

2) Land property
All ur responses are highly appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 10:15am On Apr 02, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Am a sis broda cheesy.

Oh sorry sis
Can u plz give me ur BB pin??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 02, 2015
Pmiller1:

How many months SOA did you print? How long was the money in your acct? Can u list the documents you submitted? Do you have a close family member in Canada? Did you submit any Land doc, pension doc, or investment doc? So sorry about the delay. It is well. Just lets look deeply into the reasons and then, you can refire.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 02, 2015
taregs:
hello guys, i applied to conestoga college 25th of march but have not heard from them now, is that how it takes long before a decision is made on my application for admission??
Be patient. You just applied.

Bimbolamelo:
Hello house.......I'm Bola currently studying nursing in India(1st year) and I would like to transfer to canada for my second year cos the system of education in India is too tough.....Pls I need names of schools I could apply to ranging from $500-$9000....I have an uncle in Alberta that I could use his documents during the visa processing!!!can I get the visa from India or I have to travel back to nigeria?.....house please I need an advice on this
For nursing, if you get in you would likely have to start from 1st yr. You might get one or two credits but I doubt they'll let you continue into 2nd year here just because you did first year in India. Nursing in India's different from Nursing in Canada. Idk much about visa stuff, tho.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ornaments(f): 10:42am On Apr 02, 2015
Hello,

Someone should please put me through on passport request process by courier. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 10:44am On Apr 02, 2015
Hello guys, want to ask pls does my sponsor n i need to sign on the letter of introduction as sponsor n statement of purpose respectively... The only document I wouldn't be attaching for my application is letter of study leave, was not given at work... What do u guys feel? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.