Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,962 members, 7,799,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1145686 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by warrikid(m): 9:09am On Dec 19, 2014
ThatWarriBoy:
Good day Nairalanders, I am kinda new here but I have been going through the threads and I appreciate what you are all doing here.

Anyways, I am in a difficult situation in my Study Permit Processing. I was given a conditional admission by Carleton University for a Masters in Engineering program in Electrical and Computer Engineering in November and it took some weeks for my Undergraduate University to send my transcripts to Canada.

I finally satisfied the condition, paid my Tuition fees for the Winter term and submitted an Online application for my Study permit on the 11th of December. I also did an upront medical examination last month and attached it and my police character certificate to my letter of explanation on my application.

Please, I will like to know what are my chances of getting my TRV before the 5th of January. I know I have not waited for long but I will like to know what my chances are of getting it timeously.

God bless.
Area,hailings. Ist of all u'll most likely not get it b4 one month after resumption date sef so better start looking to defer. Wud be nice if u have a May start date,but if its september,u dnt have a choice but to defer till then. All d best sha,God dey.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tsola6: 9:14am On Dec 19, 2014
Hi guys
So im leavin lagos tomorrow! Tired of waitin for CIC. I cant fit it nymore! Lol! Dunno wats up with them sha. Abi dem don forget person. Only God knows
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by myownlife(m): 9:17am On Dec 19, 2014
ThatWarriBoy:
Good day Nairalanders, I am kinda new here but I have been going through the threads and I appreciate what you are all doing here.

Anyways, I am in a difficult situation in my Study Permit Processing. I was given a conditional admission by Carleton University for a Masters in Engineering program in Electrical and Computer Engineering in November and it took some weeks for my Undergraduate University to send my transcripts to Canada.

I finally satisfied the condition, paid my Tuition fees for the Winter term and submitted an Online application for my Study permit on the 11th of December. I also did an upront medical examination last month and attached it and my police character certificate to my letter of explanation on my application.

Please, I will like to know what are my chances of getting my TRV before the 5th of January. I know I have not waited for long but I will like to know what my chances are of getting it timeously.

God bless.
I doubt the possibility, considering the recent slow pace and the period here is even less than 4 weeks. When is the expiry date of your admission letter?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by myownlife(m): 9:22am On Dec 19, 2014
Tsola6:
Hi guys
So im leavin lagos tomorrow! Tired of waitin for CIC. I cant fit it nymore! Lol! Dunno wats up with them sha. Abi dem don forget person. Only God knows
I have a feeling that most of you post-medical guys will be relieved today.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bykomartin: 9:27am On Dec 19, 2014
Omonjoe:
Pre-qualification form is a form u fill in nd submit to d dept(Elect / computer); its available in d dept's website. This form is use to determine ur eligibilty for admission and if qualified, u will b invited by the dept to apply fully for admission nd pay d application fee. It is cleary stated in d dept website that ONLY those invited to apply would be attended to nd dia application upload for graduate school consideration.

THANKS DEAR, JUST SAW IT. I WILL FILL THE PRE-QUALIFICATION FORM ASAP THOUGH I HAVE ALREADY PAID APP FEE.
THANKS,....VERY HELPFUL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 9:27am On Dec 19, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

U might not get those from here. Advance your search into google.

Thanks bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 9:32am On Dec 19, 2014
mrnilobrawn:
Guyz plz,
With the current (slow) response rate from CIC and fast resumption date approaching, what should we (Nov applicant) start considering?

This is why I asked yesterday if they can or will issue trv 8months before the program starts, I'm already looking in that direction, no need to give myself false hope. After I get the med call, I'll wait for an approval msg, after that another dispatch msg before picking up. That takes a couple of weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tsola6: 9:34am On Dec 19, 2014
Amen Amen Amen
did i say..... AMEN!!!!!!
myownlife:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 9:34am On Dec 19, 2014
myownlife:

Omoh, I pray and hope so...

@Tsola6, calm down already...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kennycooly: 9:41am On Dec 19, 2014
Hmmmm....looking up to God, 7th week 2dai (oct 31) Medical 2day IJN..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ThatWarriBoy: 9:45am On Dec 19, 2014
warrikid:
Area,hailings. Ist of all u'll most likely not get it b4 one month after resumption date sef so better start looking to defer. Wud be nice if u have a May start date,but if its september,u dnt have a choice but to defer till then. All d best sha,God dey.

I will keep that in mind. Thanks bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tsola6: 9:46am On Dec 19, 2014
Look at who is tellin me to calm down! Taahhhhh!! Shey tz not u dat i was calmin dwn yest? Lol! Nyow im calm, wen one has done all dey can do, deres nothin more than to pray! Lagos don tire me dats all.
blink6:

Omoh, I pray and hope so...

@Tsola6, calm down already...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Habeeb521(m): 9:47am On Dec 19, 2014
looks like I,ve been aa loong way frommm Home. it feels so good to be back. my regards to alll my peeps, my seniors in the house,my junior,and all my holmies. siga chrigo finestlex , tnuola ,opunusy and others who had made it my person seasons greetings to u all. looks like dis part seven is goinna be good forr me cus it is my time to make it to canada

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ThatWarriBoy: 9:49am On Dec 19, 2014
myownlife:

I doubt the possibility, considering the recent slow pace and the period here is even less than 4 weeks. When is the expiry date of your admission letter?

There is no expiry date. But I will call the University to find out. It is in God's hands anyway. However I talked to someone who has some experience with this and he said he did a paper application for someone in Sept and he got it in 2 weeks. So I am hoping mine takes that kinda shape, keeping in view that they don't have to call me for medicals, having done it upfront since last month
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 9:49am On Dec 19, 2014
Tsola6:
Look at who is tellin me to calm down! Taahhhhh!! Shey tz not u dat i was calmin dwn yest? Lol! Nyow im calm, wen one has done all dey can do, deres nothin more than to pray! Lagos don tire me dats all.
Fine lady like you no suppose to dey vex na... it fits my look, that why me vex...
Lest I forget, I and Tsola6 met yesterday. Happy to meet another member of dis e-family after meeting mantiger.

@Tsola6♡, just hang in there. Never go back. We getting called today. I know e no go pass Monday tho
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 9:50am On Dec 19, 2014
tnuola:

This is why I asked yesterday if they can or will issue trv 8months before the program starts, I'm already looking in that direction, no need to give myself false hope. After I get the med call, I'll wait for an approval msg, after that another dispatch msg before picking up. That takes a couple of weeks.
Calm down sis...and remain optimistic ...don't be surprise that u can get ur trv within a week after ur medical request drops! Believe in the 11th hour miracle ok!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 9:58am On Dec 19, 2014
olamonsor2:
@ Ebola.. The Lord asked me to tell u that by this time tomorrow u will have your pp. Believe it..God bless u

...and the Lord has done it as He said He would do it. The latest status of my account - 'Visa application, tracking ID No.2014.............. – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 19/12/2014 to the Canada Visa Application Centre'.
I thank you all for your support and prayers - @mrnilobrawn; @pchax;
Meanwhile, MyCIC acccount has also been updated with my Letter of Introduction. Everything is in place now and I just give God the glory. Will go pick up my passport from 2.00pm later in the day. I bless God.

19 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 10:00am On Dec 19, 2014
Tsola6:
Hi guys
I see a situation whereby u leave Lag 2mao and on getting home only for u to receive mail of pp request... smiley...just hang on...touch not that dial wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by double08(m): 10:05am On Dec 19, 2014
Ebola:

...and the Lord has done it as He said He would do it. The latest status of my account - 'Visa application, tracking ID No.2014.............. – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 19/12/2014 to the Canada Visa Application Centre'.
Meanwhile, MyCIC acccount has also been updated with my Letter of Introduction. Everything is in place now and I just give God the glory. Will go pick up my passport from 2.00pm later in the day. I bless God.

I can imagine how relieved you re like dose peeps dat survived Ebola

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 10:07am On Dec 19, 2014
@Ebola, congratulations.

It all beginning to happen again. They awake again...
Tsola6, Jaylinaa, Anugoson and the rest, make una ready o.

Meanwhile, tnuola and other medical awaitees, make una ready una N28,000. Childrens practice need una money.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 10:08am On Dec 19, 2014
Ebola:

Great news coming from you. Congratulations.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 10:09am On Dec 19, 2014
Anugoson:
Calm down sis...and remain optimistic ...don't be surprise that u can get ur trv within a week after ur medical request drops! Believe in the 11th hour miracle ok!

Have it in mind that I'm still expecting my med call, I went through paper route. The VO will close for the year I think. And I'm expected to resume Jan 02 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 10:11am On Dec 19, 2014
First good news in a while.. Congrats Ebola..
I hope this paves the way for the rest our good news to come

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 10:14am On Dec 19, 2014
tnuola:

Have it in mind that I'm still expecting my med call, I went through paper route. The VO will close for the year I think. And I'm expected to resume Jan 02 2015
The fair woman from vfs said they'll be off on 25th and
26th. There's hope.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 10:25am On Dec 19, 2014
blink6:

The fair woman from vfs said they'll be off on 25th and
26th. There's hope.

OK then, let me stay hopeful.. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tolaengr: 10:29am On Dec 19, 2014
ThatWarriBoy:

God bless.

11th of December to resume Jan 5th your chances are slim But with God nothing is impossible

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chuckie414(m): 10:34am On Dec 19, 2014
Hello dearest nairalanders,hope y'all had a splendid night, congrats to y'all who got your trvs n medicals...and to y'all who are waiting on the lord,it shall be well with your applications...
I was delayed and I'm planning to re apply ..however many nairaland excos n gurus have requested that I paste my application stuffs here..so here they are,please advice me on the next steps to take,ammendments,addition n subtractions...I'll be waiting for your experienced inputs,thanks !
I applied for advanced diploma in business administration at SAIT polytechnic,alberta

Reasons of delay ::

You have not satisfied me that you would leave canada at the end of your stay.

Your travel history

Length of proposed stay in canada

Purpose of visit

Your current employment situation

Your personal assets and financial status

Documents submitted ::

School's acceptance letter
Statement of purpose
Letter of introduction from my sponspor (my uncle)

Affidavit of facts which my sponsor filled (notarised)

My bank account statement (closing bal of 1.1m)

My uncle's bank account-he retired and his pension is 3m monthly which as been consistent but however he helps a lot of people so his end-of-the-month balance most times is about 500k (closing balance of 3.2m-as at beginning of the month )

My uncle's CSCS online account with shares worth approximately 9m

Transcripts and reference from my university
Transcript from secondary sch.
Certificate from uni.
NYSC certificate
Baptism certificate
Birth certificate (mine and all my family members)
Police report
My international passport
Certificate of origin
CV
A pic of myself and my uncle
My Yellow card
Passport photographs

Once again,thank y'all !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Inkblood: 10:37am On Dec 19, 2014
bykomartin:
PLEASE I AM APPLYING FOR MSC ELECTRICAL N COMPUTER ENGINEERING IN UNIV OF SASKATCHEWAN.
I HAVE FOLLOWED THE PROCESS, COMPLETED AND PAID THE APPLICATION FEE, 90 CAD
BUT I HAVE NOT SENT TRANSCRIPT
HOWEVER, WHEN I LOG IN, I SEE INCOMPLETE ITEMS OUTSTANDING
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE SHOW ME THE WAY FORWARD.
i am also applying for university of saskatchewan. pgd in electrical engineering. i have just filled the prequalification form and waiting for them to get back to me. so havent even reached where you are. but i think they mean you should send your transcript.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 10:55am On Dec 19, 2014
Ebola:

......and the pastor olamonsor2: said it yesterday so was it....Congrats @Ebola...thought you would stay back in Ghana and enjoy "wanka" and fish

Please what are you seeing about my application yet to be submitted(#wink) olamonsor2:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 11:16am On Dec 19, 2014
My dear with all the plans to make ehn, enjoyment is the last thing on ma mind. Am soo stressed right now but in a good way. Una own sef go better o....

9jabiggurl:

......and the pastor olamonsor2: said it yesterday so was it....Congrats @Ebola...thought you would stay back in Ghana and enjoy "wanka" and fish

Please what are you seeing about my application yet to be submitted(#wink) olamonsor2:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 19, 2014
adeekiti:

bro thanks, but will all processings be done here or ghana, pls what are the steps i will start and end with..thanks, merry xmas in advance

Proceedings is done both in Lagos and Accra. If you have any question arising on forging ahead with your application, please post it here and you shall be rightly guided.
Peace be unto You
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 19, 2014
bykomartin:
PLEASE I AM APPLYING FOR MSC ELECTRICAL N COMPUTER ENGINEERING IN UNIV OF SASKATCHEWAN.
I HAVE FOLLOWED THE PROCESS, COMPLETED AND PAID THE APPLICATION FEE, 90 CAD
BUT I HAVE NOT SENT TRANSCRIPT
HOWEVER, WHEN I LOG IN, I SEE INCOMPLETE ITEMS OUTSTANDING
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE SHOW ME THE WAY FORWARD.

you already answered yourself, dear Applicant. #YourTranscript

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.