Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1147936 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 12:47am On Jun 09, 2015
ada4all:
Pls someone shud answer me naa

Its better you check the TRV hopeful list, then 'mention' anybody that submitted via paper route..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by richcasey: 12:56am On Jun 09, 2015
page 500 alas.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by benedictuyi(m): 1:00am On Jun 09, 2015
i have been trying to apply for a masters degree program at both university of regina and ottawa but none of the supervisors i've made contact with has responded. pls can some1 assist me with a format they are likely to respond to, cus the course im applying for strongly recommends a supervisor..
this pretty sums up my mails..

Good day Madam!
I'm an applicant for a masters degree program in Software System engineering in your prestigious institution. i would be honored to have you as my supervisor.
I'm a graduate of Electrical/electronics Engineering from Ambrose Alli University, Nigeria. I obtained a Cumulative grade point average of 3.7.
Outside my degree, I'm a Cisco certified network administrator (CCNA), and currently undergoing CCNP training.
I've undergone trainings for A+ and java programming as well.
I'll be willing to cooperate in aspects of submission of documents and other areas necessary, just inform me of what is required. Thanks[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by benedictuyi(m): 1:07am On Jun 09, 2015
@ samade001, @ ahyotomiwa
pls hope u guys wont mind assisting me with the mail formats you used in getting supervisors and ur emails incase i encounter other challenges.. mine is benedictuyioghosa@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 1:10am On Jun 09, 2015
benedictuyi:
@ samade001, @ ahyotomiwa
pls hope u guys wont mind assisting me with the mail formats you used in getting supervisors and ur emails incase i encounter other challenges.. mine is benedictuyioghosa@yahoo.com

Are you going for course based or Thesis based M.Sc?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by montrealer: 1:55am On Jun 09, 2015
@benedictuyi

You can try personalizing the email a bit. For each supervisor, look up their research interests and include that in your email.

E.g. I'm a graduate of Electrical/electronics Engineering from Ambrose Alli University, Nigeria with interests in .....
I have experience working in ...field. Given your research interests in....I would like to work with you as I have always been interested in exploring mechanics.....

I hope you get the gist. I'm not an engineer so I don't really know your fields/research areas but I know that supervisors like to know that you have done your research (i.e you know what they do and you kinda have an idea where you want to go or fit in). #my2centssmiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by benedictuyi(m): 2:29am On Jun 09, 2015
invincible2006:

Are you going for course based or Thesis based M.Sc?
I'm going for a course based
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by benedictuyi(m): 2:38am On Jun 09, 2015
montrealer:
@benedictuyi

You can try personalizing the email a bit. For each supervisor, look up their research interests and include that in your email.

E.g. I'm a graduate of Electrical/electronics Engineering from Ambrose Alli University, Nigeria with interests in .....
I have experience working in ...field. Given your research interests in....I would like to work with you as I have always been interested in exploring mechanics.....

I hope you get the gist. I'm not an engineer so I don't really know your fields/research areas but I know that supervisors like to know that you have done your research (i.e you know what they do and you kinda have an idea where you want to go or fit in). #my2centssmiley

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 3:10am On Jun 09, 2015
take all your documents along with you that u intend to submit.
cash of about 45k (youll take the change home)
4-8 passport photographs......thats all...........eeeerrm
your biro, pencil, eraser ,u dont need a calculator.
ada4all:
Pls someone shud answer me naa

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by taiwokazx: 4:06am On Jun 09, 2015
Iyalodeofcanada:
Thank you so much for this reply. I don't have a job before I left Nigeria. But I have savings. Like 500 thousand is left in the account. I came to Canada early this year with funding paid from within canada (Scholarship)so I get paid 500 dollars biweekly after tax. This is my own profile. As for my husband to be,he earns about 80 thousand naira per month and he has a current balance of 1.2million.

Now how much soa will be enough to proof to the embassy from his own part? I got here early this year. Do I have to be a permanent resident before I can invite him after our marriage? I am on a two years masters degree and I am yet to complete a semester . Please shed more light. Thank you

Can invite him as spouse of an international student on full time nd good u have 2yrs study permit
as for soa 2m + should be okay
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 4:53am On Jun 09, 2015
... Page 500... Wow... but seems there are so many pages with irrelevances... More harm than good cos person wey dey look for inform go dig tire... Make una no vex... Siga is Ultra Super busy nowadays... Buhari keeping me busy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Omonjoe(m): 6:03am On Jun 09, 2015
Course based most times don't require supervisor. Try and email your department to be sure of the supervisor requirement to avoid wasting much time. I also applied to Regina ESE course based and supervisor was not required.
The End of part 7 is here!
benedictuyi:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 09, 2015
lightdotcom:
But, I guess you got your trv finally

Well, you have to read part 8 to find that out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Waledarep(m): 6:41am On Jun 09, 2015
All will be Well...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 6:52am On Jun 09, 2015
Started the thread from part 7 in Nigeria. The thread is ending already in Canada. Baba God noni

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:55am On Jun 09, 2015
Before it ends,
I have to say thank you to you for your assistance all the way till this point of TrV!..d you were the first personal number I collected on NL
misszionboo:
Started the thread from part 7 in Nigeria. The thread is ending already in Canada. Baba God noni

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sholay2011(m): 6:59am On Jun 09, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Before it ends,
I have to say thank you to you for your assistance all the way till this point of TrV!..d you were the first personal number I collected on NL
Congrats Akinbusola. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:23am On Jun 09, 2015
still waiting for that official mail oooo
thanks sha... grin grin grin
sholay2011:

Congrats Akinbusola. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TLOTRS: 7:23am On Jun 09, 2015
benedictuyi:

I THINK course based program's don't require supervisors, are you sure you need one? Maybe you should read the program requirements again.

IMHO, thesis and research based programs are the ones that require supervisors.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TLOTRS: 7:29am On Jun 09, 2015
Omonjoe:
Course based most times don't require supervisor. Try and email your department to be sure of the supervisor requirement to avoid wasting much time. I also applied to Regina ESE course based and supervisor was not required.

Oops, you already said this, I'm orry for the repetition.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 7:38am On Jun 09, 2015
Page 500

I was here. More TRVs in part 8.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by simiboy: 7:49am On Jun 09, 2015
sexysammy0906:
Hi guys...finally received my TRV....Thank God grin..applied on the 8th of April did biometric on the 8th, medicals on the 15th of May and TRV on the 3rd of June..Paper Route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by benedictuyi(m): 7:53am On Jun 09, 2015
Omonjoe:
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chrisviral(m): 7:53am On Jun 09, 2015
[ grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by simiboy: 7:56am On Jun 09, 2015
Congratulations @sexysammy0906 apparently we I've been accepted to the same program at VIU. Fall semester. I will be submitting my visa application this week. Sent you an email request. Would appreciate an opportunity for a chat coz unfortunately I'm so new to nairaland and don't get how it works. I'm also a ma by the way. Just in case. Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 7:57am On Jun 09, 2015
montrealer:
@benedictuy

Hello Montrealer.
Is ds just an e.g or u r actually an AAU graduate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 7:59am On Jun 09, 2015
I was here when Season 7 started and still here to see it come to an end. Actively watched every of its Episode grin. Season 8 Loading wink in grand style. To all TRV hopefuls like me and @darefestus @Seyimilan@hayqinsbFX to mention a few, our TRV awaits us as we enter season 8 IJN. Amen

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 09, 2015
Submitted: June 4
biometrics: june 5
Institution: Conestoga College
Route: Paper
Level: PGD

tnuola do d needful

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 09, 2015
kfrosh:
I was here when Season 7 started and still here to see it come to an end. Actively watched every of its Episode grin. Season 8 Loading wink in grand style. To all TRV hopefuls like me and @darefestus @Seyimilan@hayqinsbFX to mention a few, our TRV awaits us as we enter season 8 IJN. Amen

Cannot wait, my friend.

Cannot wait..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by stevemims(m): 8:15am On Jun 09, 2015
Goodnews before this part.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:25am On Jun 09, 2015
congratulations to @darefestus...
for the record i was the first to congratulate you....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by omooba2015(m): 8:32am On Jun 09, 2015
Siga:
... Page 500... Wow... but seems there are so many pages with irrelevances... More harm than good cos person wey dey look for inform go dig tire... Make una no vex... Siga is Ultra Super busy nowadays... Buhari keeping me busy grin grin
Oga Siga,Where have u been, many issues to ground to attend please... We always need u in the forum

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.