Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues (14632 Views)

LATEST 9JA SONG: You Guys Have To Listen To This / Backstreet Boys Versus Westlife: Who's Better? / Nsync Vs Westlife N Backstreetboyz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by Dbestmax(m): 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
A lot of people don't realy know wat d song is all about ...and I happen to be confused abt d song either b4 I go about hailing ma Babe thinkin am praising God...
Opinions plsss

1 Like

Re: Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by ammyluv2002(f): 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2014
I wonder too but I guess it depends who you have in mind while singing it. I have heard people sing it in church
Re: Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 08, 2014
Both
Re: Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 08, 2014
Its just a motivational song.
Re: Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
blue series
Re: Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by izsmike: 8:03pm On Dec 08, 2014
If u ask me, na who I go ask
Re: Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by lyfe(m): 8:43am On Dec 09, 2014
I've always wondered too, my brother has the song in his collection of gospel songs. Typical Christian tune, but nothing like Jesus or God in the lyrics.
Re: Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by Gboliwe: 10:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
I never knew Westlife sang that song. I have always thought it was Josh Groban.
Re: Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by Mprex(f): 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2014
Its a gospel song. All these secular artistes tend to be "holy" @ one point or another.

Even R.Kelly has cool gospel songs too.
Re: Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by cupidhero(m): 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
Mprex:
Its a gospel song. All these secular artistes tend to be "holy" @ one point or another.

Even R.Kelly has cool gospel songs too.
westlife is not the original owners of the song. It is an inspirational song,it is not a gospel song. I think the original singers are europeans,The first version i heard was a cover of the song by josh groban then westlife did their own cover too.
Re: Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by Mprex(f): 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2014
cupidhero:

westlife is not the original owners of the song. It is an inspirational song,it is not a gospel song. I think the original singers are europeans,The first version i heard was a cover of the song by josh groban then westlife did their own cover too.
wow. Thats good to know. I'll love to hear the original version someday
Re: Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by GoodieAmy(f): 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
I'm still browsing about this though but the song is not a gospel song and Josh Groban is not even the original owner of the song. Its not a gospel song but an inspirational one.
Re: Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by benson3788(m): 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
The song was originally written & composed by Brendan Graham & Rolf Lovlan, but sung by the duo & Brian Kennedy. However, Josh Groban & Westlife re-recorded it while making it popular in the USA & UK respectively. By the way, the song is of the inspirational genre, but certainly can't be sung for one's love because the lyrics are overly extolling to be attributed to mere man, hence I would agree the original writers were inspired by their hopes, faith, and breakthroughs in this labyrinth world. So yes, it is gospel.
Re: Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by EbenzMedia: 10:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
AUGUST BADDEST PROMO FOR ALL ARTISTES
(UPDATED)

Record a song for #8000 or voice on any instrumental of your choice for #4000 and get free online promotion,hypes on facebook and twitter with bbm and whatsapp broadcast. And if you already have recorded songs you want to put on line,we can help you put it on 12 sites for #8000. So hurry now before its too late. Promo ends by 31st of August,2016. For bookings and enquiries,call 07032617747.

You can also call us on +2347032617747 for any of the following services;

¤ Music Promotion ( Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection,interviews,Online promotion,hypes,etc

¤ Studio Configuration/Installation/System Formatting

¤ Purchase And Delivery Of Music Instruments/music studio equipments

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements

¤DJ Services

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Photo Shot

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did...
Re: Is The Song "You Raise Me Up" By Westlife Gospel Or Blues by Rick9(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
Motivational Song.

(1) (Reply)

Canibus Destroys Eminem / Download Music: Mabel - Don't Call Me Up Full Song / Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.