Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? (10760 Views)

How To Cut And Sew Pencil Trouser. / DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along / A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Moradeeke(f): 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2014
How do i cut and sew perfect khimar for muslim ladies?
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Moradeeke(f): 9:14am On Dec 09, 2014
Still awaiting responses from nairalanders
Moradeeke:

How do i cut and sew perfect khimar for muslim ladies?
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by hazureal(f): 8:56am On Dec 10, 2014
How to make basic khimar

1. Buy 2.5m (3 yards) length x 115cm (45”) width of material. This would give you khimar length from wrist to fingertip, depending on your height.

2. Fold in half width wise. Use pins to hold the material together.

3. Cut a large curve from A to B (refer to the diagram).

4. Measure the circumference of your face from the top of your head to the point under your chin. Use this measurement to mark point C on the material.

5. Sew the front of the khimar from point C to D and leave the rest open for the face

6. Hem the lower edge and face opening as you like.

Source: the-best-Islamic-clothing.com

Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by hazureal(f): 9:02am On Dec 10, 2014
There are lots of tutorials online. Just google "khimar sewing tutorial" and you'll see lots of detailed, well-explained tutorials.

You can also buy a ready-made khimar, take it apart(neatly remove seams), iron out d folds, and use the pieces as patterns. Just lay the pieces on your fabric of choice, cut out, and sew ur own khimar.
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Atiyah: 9:02am On Dec 10, 2014
@ moradeke, i send a pm, reply, i could be of help. I try sent pic, but its nt uploading. When replying to d pm, get ur matl. Ready, chalk and scissors.
For height 60, 4-4.5 yards
knee lenght 3yards
and hip length 2.5 for london matl, executive but for lyrca u ll ve to add half yards to the yards each.
NB: u need to take measurement from the fore head backward to desired length , also from the middle of the head to the elbow sideway to determine way to put d sleeve and from elbow towards wrist to desired length for sleeve length. Hope dis will be of help for time being.
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Moradeeke(f): 1:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
JAZAKHUM LAHU KHAYRAN SISTERS. Actually av nt gotten d material for the khimar, i just want to know if i would be able to cut and sew for what i wd learn from ds forum, so dt i cd sew my new khimar myself.
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Moradeeke(f): 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
Yes for d time being, i will start practicing with the of my leftover materials, just dt i wont be able to manipulate wt small materials, from d measurement you gave above.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Atiyah: 6:44pm On Dec 12, 2014
U are welcome. U ve a msg.
Do u know how to cut hijab @ all. If nt, let start from there. Still u ve some leftover material, we can make for hijab/khimar for a girl btw 1-2. Get 1 trouser matl.(1.25 yards)
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Moradeeke(f): 6:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
Atiyah:
U are welcome. U ve a msg.
Do u know how to cut hijab @ all. If nt, let start from there. Still u ve some leftover material, we can make for hijab/khimar for a girl btw 1-2. Get 1 trouser matl.(1.25 yards)

Yes i can cut, bt only wit d help of placing an old hijab on d new material and tracing wt chalk atimes then cut.
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Atiyah: 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
Do u ve a matl up to 1.5 yards at present to practice with
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Moradeeke(f): 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
I WD B GLAD IF U CAN TUTOR ME FROM D SCRATCH.
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Atiyah: 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
My sister, i ill be glad to do so, just call me now and i ll return ur call to fix time. It is very easy to cut
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Moradeeke(f): 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
Atiyah:
Do u ve a matl up to 1.5 yards at present to practice with
I wdnt know except i measure dm each. i av 2.5yr old nieces(twin).
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Atiyah: 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
Moradeeke:

how nice, my tasleem 2 them, hope ur matl is lyrca for them
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Moradeeke(f): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
Moradeeke:

I dont knw if 1.5yrd will do for their ages. i dont av a call card to call presently, Insha Allah i ll do when i av 2moro

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Atiyah: 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
Moradeeke:

I dont knw if 1.5yrd will do for their ages. i dont av a call card to call presently, Insha Allah i ll do when i av 2moro
1.5 ll be small for their age but i will advice u start with small yard first for begining.
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Atiyah: 7:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
I ll be xpectin. Take care and regards

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Moradeeke(f): 7:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
Atiyah:

how nice, my tasleem 2 them, hope ur matl is lyrca for them
I will Insha Allah, nope, london material
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Moradeeke(f): 7:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
Atiyah:
I ll be xpectin. Take care and regards
Small yards like.......? Maybe i will get lycra mat for this. jazakha lahu khayran ma, i really appreciate ur knowledge sharing, may Almighty Allah increase u more on knowledge, AMIN

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 13, 2014
this is so interesting
Re: Help: How Do I Cut And Sew Khimar? by Moradeeke(f): 11:51am On Dec 14, 2014
JAZAKHUM LAHU KHAYRAN FIH DUNIYA WA AL AKHIRA.
hazureal:
How to make basic khimar

1. Buy 2.5m (3 yards) length x 115cm (45”) width of material. This would give you khimar length from wrist to fingertip, depending on your height.

2. Fold in half width wise. Use pins to hold the material together.

3. Cut a large curve from A to B (refer to the diagram).

4. Measure the circumference of your face from the top of your head to the point under your chin. Use this measurement to mark point C on the material.

5. Sew the front of the khimar from point C to D and leave the rest open for the face

6. Hem the lower edge and face opening as you like.

Source: the-best-Islamic-clothing.com

(1) (Reply)

Google Talking Shoes Unveiled / Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... / How Much Is Your Most Expensive Accessory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.