Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,615 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry (27213 Views)

Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome / Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by rattlesnake(m): 8:11am On Dec 09, 2014
I hardly find guys and ladies who travel as single return married.....many times...they return to naija to marry..are there no suitors overseas where they are coming from?...I currently have 3 girls from yankee wanting to marry me but I don't trust them. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by holatin(m): 8:12am On Dec 09, 2014
na there property dem dey fear for oyinbo hand

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by iceberylin(m): 8:13am On Dec 09, 2014
Question for the Gods grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by chimerase2: 8:15am On Dec 09, 2014
LIE mohammed
Allow dem to come ppay ua birth price lipsrsealed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 09, 2014
Mostly the guys in their 40s and its becoming a disturbing trend.
Why come home when you are old to pick fresh gullible naija girls? What were the guys doing in their 30's and late 20's abroad?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:44am On Dec 09, 2014
So you no know say Oyinbo get demented way of thinking?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by rattlesnake(m): 8:58am On Dec 09, 2014
JeffreyJamez:
So you no know say Oyinbo get demented way of thinking?
yoruba will say "demencia" hehehe
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by GboyegaD(m): 9:00am On Dec 09, 2014
3cycle:
Why come home when you are old to pick fresh gullible naija girls? What were the guys doing in their 30's and late 20's abroad?

How many in the 40s do you know? People do for reasons best known to them.

22 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 09, 2014
3cycle:
there are busy forming shakara on NL like shymex and 50 calibre and when their kpeckus cannot even perform for more than 2mins they start looking for young girls to deceive with marriage grin

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by adebimpe1988(f): 9:20am On Dec 09, 2014
Not all,I guess is some
GboyegaD:

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by adebimpe1988(f): 9:22am On Dec 09, 2014
If u don't trust dem den come back home n marry as usual n am sure u have an ex u broke up
rattlesnake:
I hardly find guys and ladies who travel as single return married.....many times...they return to naija to marry..are there no suitors overseas where they are coming from...I currently have 3 girls from yankee wanting to marry me but I don't trust them. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Stephxoblessed(f): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2014
cos there's no place like home..
East,west, north, south home remains the best.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Ploy(m): 9:28am On Dec 09, 2014
There are a lot of reasons:
:: the punany of an average 9ja lady has not been explored by her lesbo friend

:: the rate of divorce is 9ja is still minimal. What did some of them know? Gullible ladies that want to go Yankee by all means.

:: some of them want to reciprocate what some of the girls did for them in the past. One good turn, deserves another.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Cholls(m): 9:34am On Dec 09, 2014
My brother life is too short please don't let us judge them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Afrok(m): 9:35am On Dec 09, 2014
They'll simply say "there is no place like home, home sweet home. Forgetting that people wey dey home dey get hope to marry people wey dey home too wey we dey see, they'll come back and use the "wayo" of am a returnee to deceive the single ones wey we dey keep tab on undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by lilmax(m): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2014
Because there are more decent girls here ,even though they bash them on NL every day cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 09, 2014
GboyegaD:

Are you in your 40's?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by GboyegaD(m): 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
3cycle:

Are you in your 40's?

No but your generalization caught my attention. The truth is most people go back home to marry because they were dating before they moved out of the country. Do you suggest they abandon those they were dating before leaving the country?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2014
GboyegaD:

No but your generalization caught my attention. The truth is most people go back home to marry because they were dating before they moved out of the country. Do you suggest they abandon those they were dating before leaving the country?
What of those without girlfriends before leaving, who do they come for in their old age?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by GboyegaD(m): 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
3cycle:

What of those without girlfriends before leaving, who do they come for in their old age?

Like I said different people come for reasons best known to them. Sometimes too, they strive to get their foot before they think of getting married. It isn't easy for some people to get the necessary documents that will enable them bring their spouses earlier and some are not okay getting married to other nationalities.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
Women abroad are busy marrying oyinbos

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by macpetrus(m): 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
Cheap...
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by lexdino: 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
I dont know. Issues like these don't affect we schooling in France.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by teasey(f): 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
How come this made front page
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by chibwike(m): 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
hmm..this one is strong..but its none of my buisness

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
.......HOW CAN AN LEPHANT GO TO HIPPO LAND TO MARRY A GIRAFFE?undecided
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by SenatorM(m): 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
What continent is Diaspora in? And what is the Capital of that Country called Diaspora Am schooling in Yugoslavia

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
Cos the boys and girls in jand and Yankee are mostly not serious, they often lack manners, and are filled with funny western rationalizations (Nigerians born and trained overseas may not have issues with this).

The Nigerians who were brought up in Nigeria but later went overseas who marry a partner they meet abroad usually marry the ones who have lived majority of their lives in Nigeria; compatibility is a major issue in marriage, except they're marrying for economic gains (Pappers) , Nigerians will rather be with a partner who share their own socio-cultural heritage.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by tenzino: 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
We don't speak english here in THAILAND. Not worry, I shall comment once I understand your question
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by ddooskie(m): 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
if u ask me, na who I go ask?

23 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

9 Things Teenagers Don’t Want To Hear From Adults / Lady Told She Would Amount To Nothing By Grandparents, Finally Graduates / The Joys Of Motherhood In Pictures!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.