Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church (21271 Views)

Check Out The Interior Views Of Pastor Oritsejafor's Private Jet (Photos) / Exclusive Pictures of Pastor Oritsejafor’s Jet / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by TheRealMrStan(m): 9:09am On Dec 09, 2014
In a bid to stop the proposed demolition of his church, The President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor has dragged Lagos state Government and six others before a Lagos High Court.

Joined as co-respondents in the suit are the Lagos state governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), the state’s Attorney-General, Lagos state Ministry of Physical planning and Urban Development, Lagos state Building Control Agency, Lagos state Physical Planning Permit Authority, and Lagos state Task force on Environmental Sanitation, Pm News reports.

The Incorporated Trustees of Word of Life Bible Church, the claimant is urging the court for an order restraining the defendants their agents, servants, officers or privies from demolishing or further demolishing, destroying, or forcibly ejecting them. The claimant urged the court that they should not continue to take steps or in any other manner engage in any activity(ies) detrimental or contrary to the rights of the ownership or possession of the claimant in respect of the claimants land located at Plot 21E, Abdulrahman Okene Close, Off Ligali Ayorinde Street Victoria Island, Annex Lagos.

The claimants in an affidavit filed before the court averred that after applying for building plan approval from the respondents and it was not forthcoming within the regulated period the claimants through Pastor Oritsejafor made due enquires, wrote several letters, and also held meetings with the former governor of the state, Senator Bola Tinubu and the present governor of Lagos state Babatunde Fashola.

Consequently, in March 2013, the claimant received a letter from the defendants directing them to submit certain documents to facilitate the process of the approval of the building plan which it was complied with.

However, while the claimant was still awaiting the building plan approval so as to continue with its Church building the claimant suddenly discovered that the defendants had pasted a certain contravention notice dated January 20, 2014 on its fence, alleging absence of development permit, as ground of seeking removal of the building on the land within two days.

The defendants, in their counter-affidavit alleged that the action of the claimants of not complying with rules and regulations generated the its supposed action.

They also alleged that the claimant commenced the erection of the structure on the said property without first obtaining a development permit. It was stated further that though, the claimant had applied for the permit, but it did not wait for the approval, rather it continued with the construction of the building.

The defendants further added that the claimant has also not provided all that was required to process its development permit.
http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2014/12/can-president-drags-fashola-to-court.html
Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by samuelfemo(m): 9:10am On Dec 09, 2014
WHY IS FASHOLA ALWAYS DESTOYING CHURCHES,THE SAME FASHOLA IS SAYING THEY SHOULD PAY TAX

WE KNOW APC IS AN ISLAMIC EXTREMIST AND THEY WILL FAIL, JESUS SAID I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH UPON THIS ROCK AND THE GATE OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGIAST IT. FASHOLA AND APC IS THE GATE OF HELL

FIRST TO COMMENT DANCING SKELEWWW.. cheesy shocked cool

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by godofwar666(m): 9:10am On Dec 09, 2014
Has anyone notice that TheRealMrStan post, all is post are on fp angry or as nairaland hacked undecided and thunder fire you @ Op angry se na only u get fp

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by holatin(m): 9:10am On Dec 09, 2014
pastor bling bling again ??
Now you know law but when you are caught flying money to south Africa law and justice didn't take place.
Pastor 50 cent we need you at 2face strip club

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by Francon(f): 9:10am On Dec 09, 2014
..... after he will mount the pulpit and preach about "FORGIVENESS"

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by maxit2(m): 9:10am On Dec 09, 2014
No need for many many talk.

I don't need to read the details to give my judgement.
IF the property is built on illegal soil and/or is not fully and duly documented(Approvals n all) Then please get a BULLDOZER and level the ground.

No need to wait until another disaster happens(E,g SCOAN Collapse).

In the meantime let the Omoniles(i hope i got that right, am not Yoruba) make use of the plot(s) of land as a temporary football pitch.

BLING BLING pastor can come and watch the evening games....

41 Likes

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by clemz88(m): 9:10am On Dec 09, 2014
K
Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by Opeedo(m): 9:10am On Dec 09, 2014
Fashol dont play with fire o undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by chamboy(m): 9:10am On Dec 09, 2014
It's still not clear to me tho
Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by holyboss: 9:11am On Dec 09, 2014
grin grin grin

Fashola wan spoil business for CAN presido

#NigeriaChurchesIsScam

9 Likes

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by moscobabs(m): 9:11am On Dec 09, 2014
tory for the dogs grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by OCTAVO: 9:11am On Dec 09, 2014
Ok o.
Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:11am On Dec 09, 2014
Pls demolish any evil and corrupt church in any APC State! Let him go and open the church in Otuoke or South Africa where they siphon our common patrimony!

20 Likes

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by Shakurpaul2: 9:12am On Dec 09, 2014
Is the church going to disrupt development. If yes, it should be pulled down.

For Those enrolling their candidates for WAEC, NECO, JAMB, My signature might be useful to you.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by hero31x(m): 9:12am On Dec 09, 2014
Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by Shadyswag(m): 9:12am On Dec 09, 2014
Well I don't care!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 09, 2014
ok, Lets hear from the other side first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by yorke1: 9:13am On Dec 09, 2014
APC wants to start playing their script. Islamic Extremists!

13 Likes

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by fromadistance(f): 9:13am On Dec 09, 2014
Me I don't know what to sat in this kind of matter ooo!
Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by neejay1986(m): 9:14am On Dec 09, 2014
I hear, pishure or I donbeleafit
Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by Elcemento(m): 9:15am On Dec 09, 2014
I smell politics.Let the rule of law prevail!

#CEMENT!!! 300 BAGS MINIMUM, NO MAXIMUM.

1 Share

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by asodeboyede(m): 9:15am On Dec 09, 2014
holatin:
dat good
Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by Mogidi: 9:16am On Dec 09, 2014
The Muslim agenda of APC has started even before 2015.
Hisbah police maybe visible (at the moment) only in the North.

If God wants to punish Nigeria he'd allow Buhari to win next year, please be prepared to travel to Cameroon for your Sunday service, except you have plans to defeat his Hisbah when they're deployed to your state.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by klem93(m): 9:16am On Dec 09, 2014
wonders endeth not
Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by mpowa(m): 9:17am On Dec 09, 2014
While it is easy to condemn Orisajefor and his church, government don't also make things easy for the citizenry, you want to do something and you're seeking approval, it might take a century to get it, so sometimes people just go ahead and do what they want to do, the funny thing is that if Oritsejafor's church had not gone to lagos government, they might not even know he's building anything.

In naija, the abnormal is normal and the normal is the abnormal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 09, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

However, while the claimant was still awaiting the building plan approval so as to continue with its Church building the claimant suddenly discovered that the defendants had pasted a certain contravention notice dated January 20, 2014 on its fence, alleging absence of development permit, as ground of seeking removal of the building on the land within two days.
http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2014/12/can-president-drags-fashola-to-court.html

they might be continueing building that premises without approval. I DONT TRUST THESE CHURCHES WHEN IT COMES TO BUILDING EXTENSIONS, THEY KEEP EXPANDING THE CHURCH SPACES EITHER APPROVAL OR NOT=======TB JOSHUA CASE IS STILL FRESH

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by holatin(m): 9:17am On Dec 09, 2014
yorke1:
APC wants to start playing their script. Islamic Extremists!
And the most foolish post goes to yorke1

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by Mogidi: 9:17am On Dec 09, 2014
Francon:
..... after he will mount the pulpit and preach about "FORGIVENESS"

Should he fold his arms and allow his church to be destroyed?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by AIT1(m): 9:18am On Dec 09, 2014
No one is bigger than the law...if your building is not in the right place. Then it must go!

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 09, 2014
samuelfemo:
WHY IS FASHOLA ALWAYS DESTOYING CHURCHES,THE SAME FASHOLA IS SAYING THEY SHOULD PAY TAX

FIRST TO COMMENT DANCING SKELEWWW.. cheesy shocked cool
can you name any church fashola has destroyed or you're plain silly?

27 Likes

Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by hazyfm: 9:19am On Dec 09, 2014
BLING BLING
Re: Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church by alfredo4u(m): 9:20am On Dec 09, 2014
Just got me laughing

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How God Used My Premature Baby (5 Months, 2 Weeks; 790grams) To Bring Me Closer / I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola / 2019: Mbaka Tells Nigerians To Brace Up For More Difficult Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.