Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went (28936 Views)

Bad Encounter;my Current Boss Was The HR Were I Went To For Oral Interview / His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! / Another Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 10, 2014
kennygee:
@Seun We really need a ROTFL smiley o.

This is too funny.

30k job and they put you through the stress SHELL wouldn't even put you through?

Shell? I believe you are being sarcastic.
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 10, 2014
cedaraustine:

Shell? I believe you are being sarcastic.

Of course i am.
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by crudedude(m): 11:38am On Dec 10, 2014
goldfish80:

You're anonymous type of writer. I can't attach a face to the name. Excuse me if I think you could be a guy. smiley

True.
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Scharck(m): 10:54pm On Dec 10, 2014
viczing:

Culled from:[url]naijasinglegirl.com/na-wa/[/url]

As saddening as the reality of this story is, I couldn't stop myself laughing all the way. It'll take all the restraint in the world not to show any reaction after the "interview"
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by teneeorlah: 6:03am On Dec 11, 2014
abbey621:
My friend, let me lend you my 2 cents! The reason many graduates are jobless is because they keep waiting for the perfect opportunity, yet missing the chance to improve their resume while the search continues. As a fresh graduate you have no experience, no workforce training, you are basically a liability. As an HR manager I would be very reluctant to hire someone without experience when someone with a few years of experience competes for the same job. Try not to look at it from the monetary aspect, I know everybody wants to make money but there are systematic ways of doing things. My first ever job was at a grocery store, it was depressing and unfit for a graduate like me but in the long run it helped me learn valuable skills which propelled me into a wonderful career in another sector. Whenever I hear stories like people searching for a job for 1, 2 or even 3 years I just shake my head, opportunities are there you just have to work towards it.

Yes its gud to start from somewhere but pls dnt call a fresh graduate a liability. Maybe less attractive to most companies due to training cost and all ,but pls dem no be liability.
Not every company or job is a gud starting point. Some jobs take all ur time, pay u peanuts, give u depression and will occupy ur whole life to a point whr u cant go for other interviews.

I read somwhr on dis forum dt a graduate's job includes flushing oga's poo all in the name of starting from somewhere.

'Starting from somewhere' is relative

1 Like

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by abbey621(m): 3:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
teneeorlah:

Yes its gud to start from somewhere but pls dnt call a fresh graduate a liability. Maybe less attractive to most companies due to training cost and all ,but pls dem no be liability.
Not every company or job is a gud starting point. Some jobs take all ur time, pay u peanuts, give u depression and will occupy ur whole life to a point whr u cant go for other interviews.

I read somwhr on dis forum dt a graduate's job includes flushing oga's poo all in the name of starting from somewhere.

'Starting from somewhere' is relative

You talk this way because you don't own a company or run a business. In business, it's all about the bottom line. A fresh graduate is perceived as a liability always, it is up to the company to decide if they are willing to mold that liability into an asset. This starts with training, motivation and empowerment. Sure there are jobs out there that a graduate should not consider doing but the example the op gave was still very much manageable. Just because you start from the bottom does not mean you have to stay there. We are what we make of ourselves!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Funny Ways To Impress Interviewers At Any Interview And Get The Job / Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Extended (photo) / Airport Services Agents Job Recruitment At Qatar Airways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.