Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know (4128 Views)

11-year-old Boy, Boffin Ramarni Wilfred,with Higher IQ Than Einstein / THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) / 10 Things You Don't Know About Albert Einstein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2014
You think you know somebody…Heard Albert Einstein wasn’t good at math? Married his cousin? Find out some interesting tidbits and add to your cocktail party knowledge.
1. Albert Einstein did not fail math. Many people have blamed their bad math skills on Einstein with quips like, “Well, Einstein flunked math!” He didn’t. He wasn’t a bad student. He knew college physics before the age of 11 and mastered languages like Latin and Greek. Oh, and he was a calculus whiz before the age of 15. So, yeah, that excuse is out the window.
2. Einstein really did marry his cousin. For a man with such a high IQ, Einstein did make some strange decisions. He married his own cousin, Elsa Einstein, in 1919. According to Bio.com, they were romantically involved, even in Einstein’s first marriage to Mileva Maric, the only female physics major at Polytechnic, where Einstein attended college. (Mileva and Einstein, left. Elsa and Einstein, right.)Interestingly enough, Einstein isn’t the only famous figure to have married his cousin. Darwin, Allan Poe and Saddam Hussein also married their first cousins.
3. Einstein could have lived longer. When he suffered a burst blood vessel in 1955, doctors told him that surgery could have saved his life. He declined, saying it is tasteless to prolong life artificially.”
4. Albert Einstein loved sailing. Along with marrying cousins, it was one of his passions. However, he reportedly never learned to swim. (Hope his boat was sturdy.)
5. Einstein could have been the president of Israel, had he accepted the offer. After Israel’s first president Chaim Weizmann died, Einstein was asked to step up to the plate. He was 73 at the time, and in his letter of refusal cited that he lacked the natural aptitude and the experience to deal properly with people”but also that he was getting old.
6. Einstein was a serious smoker. Adding to his disheveled image, those around him often found him in a cloud of smoke. He always had his pipe with him. Not limited to the pipe, he also had the occasional cigar and even cigarette. He said of smoking:I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.”
7. Einstein had a daughter, but we don’t know what happened to her. Before he and Mileva were married, she became pregnant with a daughter, whom she named Lieserl.Einstein didn’t have a job at the time and illegitimate children were frowned upon, so Mileva returned to her parents home and had the child. Einstein did know about her, as he referenced her in some of his letters. But it was such a secret that the fact has only come to light in recent years. It is believed that Lieserl either died of scarlet fever or fought off the fever and was later given up for adoption.
8. Although he was actually good at math, Einstein did fail his college entrance exam. In 1895 when he was 17, Einstein applied for entry at Swiss Federal Polytechnical School. He passed math and science (of course) but failed other subjects. He went to a trade school before he finally took the exam again and passed.
9. Einstein’s brain was stolen. No, I don’t mean his work. I mean his actual brain. Einstein wanted his body to be cremated, brain intact. Thomas Harvey, the pathologist who performed the autopsy, removed it. He kept it for many years in a jar, later relinquishing it to another hospital, where it was cubed. Literally. Sectioned into cubes. Rumor has it that Harvey also removed Einstein’s eyes and they are sitting in a safety deposit box in New York somewhere. Watching us all.And finally…the big one…
10. Yoda = Einstein. Yes, the appearance of Yoda of Star Wars was modeled after Einstein. Those wrinkles? Those eyes? They’re all Einstein.,

Einstein was a genius, we know that from his IQ. Rarely do we take the time to appreciate him as a person and learn about his past.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by dreydee(m): 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
tongue
Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by ifex370(m): 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
smiley

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Guykhena(m): 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
Japhet04:

3. Einstein could have lived longer. When he suffered a burst blood vessel in 1955, doctors told him that surgery could have saved his life. He declined, saying it is tasteless to prolong life artificially.”

For a man with such an high I.Q ,^^^^ this is pretty dumb..

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
^^^ extremely dumb!!!

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by bruno419(m): 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
was this copied from objs book grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by osamaBUSH(m): 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
let me use Einstein law of space booking
"for every space you try to book, the person commenting next will definite fall below you provided you are using the better network" Charges remain constant.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 09, 2014
Nice informative post..good job op

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by LOC1(m): 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
That GUY is my mentor

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
I hope a lot of people read No. 1, it's really annoying when people say most of these geniuses were initially bad at school, instead of admitting their failures and working on them.
Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by iamrealdeji(m): 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
Chiamaka01:
I hope a lot of people read No. 1, it's really annoying when people say most of these geniuses were initially bad at school, instead of admitting their failures and working on them.
Are you the gorgeous girl on the dp? Lai lai
Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by benuejosh: 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
who was He.
Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by yBNL1(m): 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
He never wore socks
Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
LOC1:
That GUY is my mentor
me too

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Abbey2sam(m): 12:15am On Dec 10, 2014
Guykhena:

don't you think your the dumb one here

don't bother to answer

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Abbey2sam(m): 12:17am On Dec 10, 2014
benuejosh:
who was He.

He use to pick beans when he was alive
Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 10, 2014
Abbey2sam:

He use to pick beans when he was alive
lmao
Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Nobody: 3:10am On Dec 10, 2014
eclipse13:
Nice informative post..good job op
you're welcome
Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by acenazt: 5:57am On Dec 10, 2014
Guykhena:

wow so cause he Had a very High intellect he should live longer? U must be An E-diot not every one wants to live for ever. he felt he had an accomplished life,made his mark on the world and u r here saying he is dumb.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Guykhena(m): 6:36am On Dec 10, 2014
Abbey2sam:

don't you think your the dumb one here

don't bother to answer

Your brain comprehension must be equivalent to that of a rat.
Didn't call him dumb,but condemned his act as unwise.
You quoting me to state the above,clearly doesn't make sense undecided ,do I even know you? You obviously seeking attention.. undecided smh

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Guykhena(m): 6:39am On Dec 10, 2014
acenazt:
wow so cause he Had a very High intellect he should live longer? U must be An E-diot not every one wants to live for ever. he felt he had an accomplished life,made his mark on the world and u r here saying he is dumb.

wow,your brain comprehension is even worse than the numbskull I quoted..
You obviously got issues,and aint got time to mingle with low-lives like you. Now pls do fvck off undecided

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Abbey2sam(m): 7:31am On Dec 10, 2014
Guykhena:

Your brain comprehension must be equivalent to that of a rat.
Didn't call him dumb,but condemned his act as unwise.
You quoting me to state the above,clearly doesn't make sense undecided ,do I even know you? You obviously seeking attention.. undecided smh

stop quoting me

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 10, 2014
Nice, very much educating..

To think I was thought this Einstein was over hyped! undecided
Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Guykhena(m): 8:57am On Dec 10, 2014
Abbey2sam:

stop quoting me

Coming from the low-life who couldn't mind his biz and quoted me first undecided ?
I knew you were an attention seeker. Goodbye..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by acenazt: 9:45am On Dec 10, 2014
Guykhena:

wow,your brain comprehension is even worse than the numbskull I quoted..
You obviously got issues,and aint got time to mingle with low-lives like you. Now pls do fvck off undecided
hmmm Mr High Life. its obvious your mind is as underdeveloped as Mushin. Calling me a low life when You are obviously Beneath A Toilet Roach.
Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Guykhena(m): 9:49am On Dec 10, 2014
acenazt:
hmmm Mr High Life. its obvious your mind is as underdeveloped as Mushin. Calling me a low life when You are obviously Beneath A Toilet Roach.

And you just proved my point....
Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by acenazt: 9:52am On Dec 10, 2014
Guykhena:

And you just proved my point....
hmm
Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Guykhena(m): 9:58am On Dec 10, 2014
acenazt:
hmm

Just a quick advice ,next time learn to mind your business,if you see something as offensive but NOT directed at you,learn to look the other way.
Continue like that and what you stated in your signature won't be valid with such immature traits you portray.
Re: Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 10, 2014
why r u guys quarrelling

(1) (2) (Reply)

22 Amazing Psychological Facts You Probably Didn't Know. / Lists Of Schools That Accept Second Choice In Jamb / 7 Major Reasons Why Student Fail Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.