Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother (28435 Views)

Challenges Of A Single Mother / Results ; Christmas Giveaway For Single Mothers / Inspirational Interview Of A Single Mother With Three Special Needs Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by edwife(f): 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2014
aisha2:
Pickabeau please can my personal email be edited off?

I don't know if you have seen my emails or not,i tried three times but i haven't received anything from you.
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 5:35am On Dec 14, 2014
babestell:
Please those of us castigating rman should take try and understand his perspective. pickabeau1 thanks for replying him maturedly, even to me I think it is odd that u want a single mother to write essay. But then its their (donors) money and they call the shots. Christian charity clearly exholts anonymous charity and that is what he is suggesting,

There is a possibility that this may turn out of hand when the fraudsters start to capitalise on it.

BTW what happened to TEHN?

Madam

If.you reviewed the emails
It was mentioned that the sponsor had waived the essay right on the first day

I engaged your man to give ideas but he seemed to just want to criticize

I get your point on anon giving
Do you also believe that online giving should be stopped.

Seems a number of people are not fans of online giving

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 5:39am On Dec 14, 2014
kushsy:
This is great but picture of when pregnant? Most single men were never really never happy during the pregnancy period I doubt if they had the opportunity to take pictures except included widow and divorcee and Single mum by intent..on the whole a good gesture..my thoughts

Whatever they have
Let them submit

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 5:42am On Dec 14, 2014
Update

Based on the fact that we have some additional monies from people the survey had been re-opened for another batch to respond

We hope to get a few more responses
It will be open for a few hours and a limited number of responses

Those still interested can fill the survey now at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FR5F6F9
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 14, 2014
edwife:

I don't know if you have seen my emails or not,i tried three times but i haven't received anything from you.

Replied you. Sorry the personal one has anti spam if I dont write you a mail first it doesn't show
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 14, 2014
okotv:
I have a sister who is qualified but it seems its over or put off for now...

nice initiative by the way and congratulations to the winners

Portal reopen abeg call your sister
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 14, 2014
spicy244:
The survey is closed already. Does that mean u av gotten all u needed? More pple nids more help here .

Portal reopen
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 14, 2014
pickabeau1:
Update

Based on the fact that we have some additional monies from people the survey had been re-opened for another batch to respond

We hope to get a few more responses
It will be open for a few hours and a limited number of responses

Those still interested can fill the survey now at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FR5F6F9

Thank you. Well done
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 14, 2014
aisha2:

Not that I need to respond to you or defend myself but just for younger ones reading.

I am a social worker which means I work with people who need help to grow their lives. I have worked with single mothers for 8 years and I still work with them.
Even though I am no longer in that department go to area 10 abuja social welfare secretariat and ask of Aisha even with regular staff transfers one or two will still know me because they always send single moms my way.

Also go to the orphanages in Abuja also ask of me. The widows association in Abuja before I lost interest due to some fraudulent practice on their part
I raised capital for most of them to start businesses.
When you are done, go to national hospital social welfare office and asked how much I raise annually for indigent patients

I only posted this because in my spare time i am here so this is also my community. I can not do for those I see and ignore those who i meet online hence I did this this year and I intend to continue God helping.

I learned from a young age that its only through giving we can serve Christ and not giving to pastors but giving ro the least among us because every struggling person you meet represents Jesus Christ.

The blessings And miracles God has performed in my life cannot be from power or might but from prayers of people " God bless you" from a genuine heart goes a long way.

I was once told I won't live passed 25 today am over 30.
I was also given other damaging doctors reports but God has always had the final answer in everything that concerns me to the joy of doctors.
I have never paid tithe in my life all my tithes and gifts go to those in need. I have been working for 10 years now and from 15,000 salary I still found to give and even when I have none I beg my sisters, friends and family to sow into the lives of others.

So brother, God has already noticed me and will keep noticing me, i dont need noticing from any online stranger..My intentions and interest for single mothers has never been fake or based on any eye service

You shouldn't have answered him. People like that are worse off and they don't even give. Like you said, you give from your heart and that is why God will continue to bless you.

Offline, I am even beginning to fear the kind of favour I get. I get things easily... post NYSC, I have NEVER lacked financially but I am not yet working even though there are jobs waiting for me by God's special grace. People do not understand and like my very closed friend said some weeks ago...:"Guy, you get luck ooo. me I no even get that kind luck."
But the truth behind my blessing is that I am a giver. I sow into people's life when I can. If I mention another one now, people will marvel

Someone told me to pay my tithe. I told him that I pay my tithe by giving to people who are in need and God has never failed.

As for the young man you quoted, they are nothing but toxic chemicals who turn good people to bad. I have friend who deactivated her facebook account because of bad people. she got into problem with her dad because of bad people whom she was trying to help. But life goes on. My mum died because of bad people.

But shall we stop helping because of them, NO!

I have friend who donate part of his income to orphanage homes... he is currently battling cancer but he hasn't stop helping.

My blessing in life is because I help and give when I can.

I even get people telling me they wanna helping get this done or that done... wherein some others are struggling to get same thing and I am not related to anyone of them.

People do not understand the POWER of giving. They think that its only when you give to a pastor that God will bless them, but many are missing on the mandate because even Jesus said: "when you give to those in need, you give to him" why should I stop giving to Jesus, what greater reward can be compared to giving to Jesus!

Financially, my post NYSC experience has been explosive! God be thanked!

6 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by obiak4(m): 8:00am On Dec 14, 2014
aisha2:

Not that I need to respond to you or defend myself but just for younger ones reading.

I am a social worker which means I work with people who need help to grow their lives. I have worked with single mothers for 8 years and I still work with them.
Even though I am no longer in that department go to area 10 abuja social welfare secretariat and ask of Aisha even with regular staff transfers one or two will still know me because they always send single moms my way.

Also go to the orphanages in Abuja also ask of me. The widows association in Abuja before I lost interest due to some fraudulent practice on their part
I raised capital for most of them to start businesses.
When you are done, go to national hospital social welfare office and asked how much I raise annually for indigent patients

I only posted this because in my spare time i am here so this is also my community. I can not do for those I see and ignore those who i meet online hence I did this this year and I intend to continue God helping.

I learned from a young age that its only through giving we can serve Christ and not giving to pastors but giving ro the least among us because every struggling person you meet represents Jesus Christ.

The blessings And miracles God has performed in my life cannot be from power or might but from prayers of people " God bless you" from a genuine heart goes a long way.

I was once told I won't live passed 25 today am over 30.
I was also given other damaging doctors reports but God has always had the final answer in everything that concerns me to the joy of doctors.
I have never paid tithe in my life all my tithes and gifts go to those in need. I have been working for 10 years now and from 15,000 salary I still found to give and even when I have none I beg my sisters, friends and family to sow into the lives of others.

So brother, God has already noticed me and will keep noticing me, i dont need noticing from any online stranger..My intentions and interest for single mothers has never been fake or based on any eye service
Mrs. Aisha or (miss) pls don't stop what you are doing infact keep up the good work God sees the heart and intention of every man.some people just what to comment just because people comment and they want to go with the crowd when they see something good instead of appreciation they backbite,at least u r trying to help the most weakest people,God help us wider na show or no b show ride on u gat my back 1000000000000000000000000% for. the. haters in. mode9' voice don't hate stretch you hands out and congratulate if u r a true humanitarian u would understand AM A RED CROSS SO I UNDERSTAND U. MRS AISHA AND I FEEL UR PAINS SHOUT OUT TO MY OGA AT THE TOP @NITROGEN I C U OOOO GOD BLEESS

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by babestell(f): 9:25am On Dec 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

Madam

If.you reviewed the emails
It was mentioned that the sponsor had waived the essay right on the first day

I engaged your man to give ideas but he seemed to just want to criticize

Online charity can be abused......all you need are pictures plus a really nice sob story and the scammers will have a field day. Am very wary of doing it.
I didn't see the post where the essay was waived,
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 14, 2014
Timbuktou:
Oh, but you are a judge. You have set criteria for them to be worthy of your generosity. We could all be lenient and say raypists should not be in jail if they appear contrite but that would be injustice, wouldn't it? And, oh, I didn't think you were God, but it's ok if you want to feel like him this christmas.
cheesy
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 14, 2014
2sExy1:

You shouldn't have answered him. People like that are worse off and they don't even give. Like you said, you give from your heart and that is why God will continue to bless you.
Offline, I am even beginning to fear the kind of favour I get. I get things easily... post NYSC, I have NEVER lacked financially but I am not yet working even though there are jobs waiting for me by God's special grace. People do not understand and like my very closed friend said some weeks ago...:"Guy, you get luck ooo. me I no even get that kind luck."
But the truth behind my blessing is that I am a giver. I sow into people's life when I can. If I mention another one now, people will marvel
Someone told me to pay my tithe. I told him that I pay my tithe by giving to people who are in need and God has never failed.
As for the young man you quoted, they are nothing but toxic chemicals who turn good people to bad. I have friend who deactivated her facebook account because of bad people. she got into problem with her dad because of bad people whom she was trying to help. But life goes on. My mum died because of bad people.
But shall we stop helping because of them, NO!
I have friend who donate part of his income to orphanage homes... he is currently battling cancer but he hasn't stop helping.
My blessing in life is because I help and give when I can.
I even get people telling me they wanna helping get this done or that done... wherein some others are struggling to get same thing and I am not related to anyone of them.
People do not understand the POWER of giving. They think that its only when you give to a pastor that God will bless them, but many are missing on the mandate because even Jesus said: "when you give to those in need, you give to him" why should I stop giving to Jesus, what greater reward can be compared to giving to Jesus!
Financially, my post NYSC experience has been explosive! God be thanked!

Praise the Lord. This is full Sunday service lol.
God will keep lifting you higher and higher. It can only get better, the kind of things I have battled and still battle leave doctors in shock and confusion.

He who gives to the poor lends to the lord, imagine God owing me lol when its time to pay back chai. God is wonderful serving God is beautiful. The best part is whatever you go through sickness loss or pain God is always there by your side. Some times I give up but God always says different. Please no matter what never ever ever ever stop giving. The benefits ehnn

obiak4:

Mrs. Aisha or (miss) pls don't stop what you are doing infact keep up the good work God sees the heart and intention of every man.some people just what to comment just because people comment and they want to go with the crowd when they see something good instead of appreciation they backbite,at least u r trying to help the most weakest people,God help us wider na show or no b show ride on u gat my back 1000000000000000000000000% for. the. haters in. mode9' voice don't hate stretch you hands out and congratulate if u r a true humanitarian u would understand AM A RED CROSS SO I UNDERSTAND U. MRS AISHA AND I FEEL UR PAINS SHOUT OUT TO MY OGA AT THE TOP @NITROGEN I C U OOOO GOD BLEESS
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:22am On Dec 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

Madam

I engaged your man to give ideas but he seemed to just want to criticise.

Yet they are fans of online dating, gossip, wooing and sex.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by spicy244(f): 11:49am On Dec 14, 2014
aisha2:

Portal reopen

Thank you. Well done n God bless you

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by okotv(m): 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2014
aisha2:

Portal reopen abeg call your sister
everything done. Thank you
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by sexybash(f): 12:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
rman:

Truth hurts ehn.

Online giving. Do u people go out at all?

Givers that require cheerleaders.
At least she is giving

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
babestell:

Online charity can be abused......all you need are pictures plus a really nice sob story and the scammers will have a field day. Am very wary of doing it.
I didn't see the post where the essay was waived,

Ok....that is why there are some criteria to try to sieve

Your point on online giving is noted
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
3 additional responses gotten and verification Emails sent

Let's hope this can be rounded off by tomorrow or day after
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 15, 2014
Mondisweets:
Im not a single mother but can u please give me one wrapper cheesy i have always wanted wrapper for christmas embarassed
lol
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 15, 2014
Just felt the need to share this.

Some people ask why single mothers? Are we not encouraging promiscuity?

My first case as a social worker;

I had just resumed work as an intern years ago
I was still in the desk stage only moving files from office to office not even allowed to open case files lol.

One day I went to the hospital with an Aunt who was in labour, while I was running around to help get necessary items I saw a girl rolling on the ground on thw hospital grass she was.obviously in pain and the nurses were shouting that she should get up and get out.
I moved closer and asked what was wrong and why they wouldn't help the girl, they said she was didn't register with them and had no money to pay for delivery, she had nothing, no change of clothes, no diapers, no tissue no pad nothing.
I asked the Nurses if they were aware of the Government policy that all pregnancy cases be treated as emergency and turning back a pregnant lady will earn them a fine, I told them if they don't treat this lady I will a make a report and also send this story to media houses ( social media wasnt so strong then) the nurses panicked and went to get the doctor.

The doctor asked that they admit her but told me he does not run a charity and he would have to get paid but he will.slash the delivery fee by 60 percent. It came to 25k. Then I earned 15,000 lol luckily a family friend had given me happy sallah of N 10,000 I immediately deposited that and signed an undertaking to pay the rest at the end of the month.
I ran to attend to my aunt while the girl was still getting admited. 5 minutes later I went to get something and doctor told me the girl had put to bed meanwhile my own aunt had been in labor for over 15 hours they said immediately she got to the labour room one push and baby was out. Doctor complained that had no change of clothes, tissue or pad and no.clothes for the baby, no milk no.glucose as her breas-t wasnt producing milk yet. I informed my aunt who.instructed me to take some of her items and give the girl, I then called someone to bring some of my clothes from home.
I called my boss and informed her she asked me to interview the lady and ensure I got a proper address and phone number so if she wants to give uo the baby we could contact her and discourage throwing the baby in a thrash can. She also put me through what questions to ask, how not to sound judgemental and by doing so loose the trust of the client.
I spoke to the girl and found out from her that the baby daddy told her he will take her to the clinic he went with her to the gate told her he was coming back and switched off his phone.

Long story short we ensured she was fine and I gave her my number, after the public holidays I called the number she gave it didn't go. I went to look for her in the address she gave didnt find her. A few days later I got a call she was at the police station tried to abandon the baby but changed her mind and went back to the church where she left the baby and was taken to the police station, we bailed her out and then took the baby to a home, helped her get a job stabilised her, had counseling for 6 months she was reassesed and her baby handed back to her.
Her baby is almost 10 years now

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 15, 2014
pickabeau1:
3 additional responses gotten and verification Emails sent
Let's hope this can be rounded off by tomorrow or day after

Thank you for all your efforts. I Hope we can round up today and money disbursed tomorrow knowing banks it can take 24 hours before transfer is conplete and Christmas don reach
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 8:43am On Dec 15, 2014
U
aisha2:

Thank you for all your efforts. I Hope we can round up today and money disbursed tomorrow knowing banks it can take 24 hours before transfer is conplete and Christmas don reach

Let's hope so
We only have one response to the verification email
The others promised something today
Let's see

10 years old..wow

Some fathers damn

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 15, 2014
pickabeau1:
U
Let's hope so
We only have one response to the verification email
The others promised something today
Let's see
10 years old..wow
Some fathers damn

Okay great.
Lol, in fairness to the guy I called him we sat and talked. He said he went to look for money I didnt believe him but I gave him counseling. He was a security guard and his boss who came back to Nigeria when the boy was like 1 and a half heard the story and practically adopted him. Even though the relationship didn't work out between them the boy is fine and great
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 9:26am On Dec 15, 2014
One more person has responded to the verification emails

We have two verification responses now
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 9:28am On Dec 15, 2014
aisha2:

Okay great.
Lol, in fairness to the guy I called him we sat and talked. He said he went to look for money I didnt believe him but I gave him counseling. He was a security guard and his boss who came back to Nigeria when the boy was like 1 and a half heard the story and practically adopted him. Even though the relationship didn't work out between them the boy is fine and great

We guys have to step up and take care of our kids
Or better ensure a kid never gets into the picture

It is well

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 15, 2014
Lagos state has tried. They have made it a criminal offence to abandon your kids. The kids are innocent in whatever happens between adults and should not suffer

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 15, 2014
holusormi:

Tscheeww ,, u for ask for waec result, neco result , pregnancy test result , 60 photocopies of cv and divorce letter ,,,, radarada !!
lol,u no serious o,its a good thing now
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 15, 2014
rman:
The real poor people are all around us in real life and not online!

This is now turning into a NOTICE me gesture on nairaland.

Is Aisha2 saying she doesn't know any single mum in need in her community?

It was babymama now aisha2.

I don't have a problem with giving but I'm beginning to feel this is more like a popularity contest for those with little change on nairaland.

People in need are everywhere, we don't need nairaland to get across to them if indeed we are giving without expectations.

lol,u no good o
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
aisha2:
Just felt the need to share this.

Some people ask why single mothers? Are we not encouraging promiscuity?

My first case as a social worker;

I had just resumed work as an intern years ago
I was still in the desk stage only moving files from office to office not even allowed to open case files lol.

One day I went to the hospital with an Aunt who was in labour, while I was running around to help get necessary items I saw a girl rolling on the ground on thw hospital grass she was.obviously in pain and the nurses were shouting that she should get up and get out.
I moved closer and asked what was wrong and why they wouldn't help the girl, they said she was didn't register with them and had no money to pay for delivery, she had nothing, no change of clothes, no diapers, no tissue no pad nothing.
I asked the Nurses if they were aware of the Government policy that all pregnancy cases be treated as emergency and turning back a pregnant lady will earn them a fine, I told them if they don't treat this lady I will a make a report and also send this story to media houses ( social media wasnt so strong then) the nurses panicked and went to get the doctor.

The doctor asked that they admit her but told me he does not run a charity and he would have to get paid but he will.slash the delivery fee by 60 percent. It came to 25k. Then I earned 15,000 lol luckily a family friend had given me happy sallah of N 10,000 I immediately deposited that and signed an undertaking to pay the rest at the end of the month.
I ran to attend to my aunt while the girl was still getting admited. 5 minutes later I went to get something and doctor told me the girl had put to bed meanwhile my own aunt had been in labor for over 15 hours they said immediately she got to the labour room one push and baby was out. Doctor complained that had no change of clothes, tissue or pad and no.clothes for the baby, no milk no.glucose as her breas-t wasnt producing milk yet. I informed my aunt who.instructed me to take some of her items and give the girl, I then called someone to bring some of my clothes from home.
I called my boss and informed her she asked me to interview the lady and ensure I got a proper address and phone number so if she wants to give uo the baby we could contact her and discourage throwing the baby in a thrash can. She also put me through what questions to ask, how not to sound judgemental and by doing so loose the trust of the client.
I spoke to the girl and found out from her that the baby daddy told her he will take her to the clinic he went with her to the gate told her he was coming back and switched off his phone.

Long story short we ensured she was fine and I gave her my number, after the public holidays I called the number she gave it didn't go. I went to look for her in the address she gave didnt find her. A few days later I got a call she was at the police station tried to abandon the baby but changed her mind and went back to the church where she left the baby and was taken to the police station, we bailed her out and then took the baby to a home, helped her get a job stabilised her, had counseling for 6 months she was reassesed and her baby handed back to her.
Her baby is almost 10 years now
wow,what a nice story,may God continue to bless. U,aisha,can I also apply

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
MojAyo:
wow,what a nice story,may God continue to bless. U,aisha,can I also apply

So sorry the deadline was yesterday. the portal has been closed validation of entrants going on now. Results will be announced today or tomorrow.

Maybe next time
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
aisha2:

So sorry the deadline was yesterday. the portal has been closed validation of entrants going on now. Results will be announced today or tomorrow.

Maybe next time
good good,may God continue to bless u for ur kind heart towards people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Avoidable Things Couples Do Which Lead To Divorce / Elijah Tanko: 4 Women Lay Claim To 6-year-old Boy, Panel Orders DNA Test / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.