Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? (5678 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel / Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by coogar: 11:39am On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
Nna mehn, no be small thing. Let's assume she didn't really know, na half him assets be fair and just compensation? grin
Women make me laugh, but these pvssy niggahs make me wanna cry.

who wouldn't know a billionaire is married? come on.....the lives of rich people are like an open book. everyone knows them - it's like saying we don't know dangote has a wife.

imagine a nigerian woman saying she was duped into marrying a billionaire, a woman that doesn't have $1 next to her name was duped into marrying a wealthy man? grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 10, 2014
coogar:

who wouldn't know a billionaire is married? come on.....the lives of rich people are like an open book. everyone knows them - it's like saying we don't know dangote has a wife.

imagine a nigerian woman saying she was duped into marrying a billionaire, a woman that doesn't have $1 next to her name was duped into marrying a wealthy man? grin
Lol. I guess she's got some value only the billionaire saw for him to concoct such an elaborate scam. The courts are foolish for once. She does deserve two-thirds of his assets. Bloody thief.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by coogar: 11:47am On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
Lol. I guess she's got some value only the billionaire saw for him to concoct such an elaborate scam. The courts are foolish for once. She does deserve two-thirds of his assets. Bloody thief.

you are right!
she deserves 90% of his wealth. imagine a billionaire duping a young innocent woman into marriage. she went through a harrowing experience of having twins for him only to discover he had a first wife somewhere. grin cheesy
they shoulda given her everything he owns.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 10, 2014
coogar:

you are right!
she deserves 90% of his wealth. imagine a billionaire duping a young innocent woman into marriage. she went through a harrowing experience of having twins for him only to discover he had a first wife somewhere. grin cheesy
they shoulda given her everything he owns.
Lol. The cheek.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by coogar: 11:54am On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
Lol. The cheek.

without the big divorce payouts women mostly get, the divorce rate would be much lower. if there's any means to make more money, people(especially women) would take advantage of it.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2014
coogar:

without the big divorce payouts women mostly get, the divorce rate would be much lower. if there's any means to make more money, people(especially women) would take advantage of it.
Women will go to the source of most comfort, it's in their nature. What I don't get is why brothers still set themselves up for failure with the misguided notion of love and making honest women outta them.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by coogar: 12:12pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
Women will go to the source of most comfort, it's in their nature. What I don't get is why brothers still set themselves up for failure with the misguided notion of love and making honest women outta them.

brothers who set themselves to fail have their mothers breathing down their necks to get married. our mothers have forgotten that the virtuous woman died in their generation & what we have these days are advanced gold-diggers.

scott young fell to his death yesterday after his wife wanted £300m payout & £27,000 per month in child maintenance....he was treated awfully by the family court. he was forced to cough out £25m for the wife within a month, he went to jail for 6 months cos the court claimed he refused to disclose all his assets....

now that he's dead, i hope his ex-wife is happy that her daughters no longer have a father cos of her greed. she dragged him from one court to abother for 6 years.....£27k per month in maintenance fees? the average salary per year in britain is £30k & a woman got £27k a month? cheesy grin

i am surprised the divorce rate isn't 95% already. women are slacking. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
coogar:

brothers who set themselves to fail have their mothers breathing down their necks to get married. our mothers have forgotten that the virtuous woman died in their generation & what we have these days are advanced gold-diggers.

scott young fell to his death yesterday after his wife wanted £300m payout & £27,000 per month in child maintenance....he was treated awfully by the family court. he was forced to cough out £25m for the wife within a month, he went to jail for 6 months cos the court claimed he refused to disclose all his assets....

now that he's dead, i hope his ex-wife is happy that her daughters no longer have a father cos of her greed. she dragged him from one court to abother for 6 years.....£27k per month in maintenance fees? the average salary per year in britain is £30k & a woman got £27k a month? cheesy grin

i am surprised the divorce rate isn't 95% already. women are slacking. cheesy grin
The percentage difference accounts for those instances where the women would be worse off after divorce. Trust women at your own peril.

Scott Young is a dummy. Once he knew he couldn't win, he should have just settled out of court, even if it meant forking out more than he wanted to. The ex wife + divorce machinery > ex husband. Fact.

Per women being more virtuous in the past than now, I'd have to disagree. The truth is back then, society had an effective system of checks and balances on behaviour and relations between the sexes to account for the nature of both sexes. Today, there's some sort of deregulation in theory(but really a regulation for men and subsidisation for women entering relationships) and as a result, men get the short end of the stick. Manginas are fvcking it up for men daily and the dating/marriage market is one fvcked up venue.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by coogar: 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
The percentage difference accounts for those instances where the women would be worse off after divorce. Trust women at your own peril.

lol....i'd rather trust a mamba. my problem is with the men who are this wealthy & still decide to marry. after a certain threshold, millionaires who marry are setting themselves to a big plunge.

Scott Young is a dummy. Once he knew he couldn't win, he should have just settled out of court, even if it meant forking out more than he wanted to. The ex wife + divorce machinery > ex husband. Fact.

it must be the psychological effect. he managed to beat the £300m payout to a mere £25m but it cost him 6 years of legal battle & a 6-month prison term. many people still think he had that money stashed somewhere - that's why his suicide shocked the world.

Per women being more virtuous in the past than now, I'd have to disagree. The truth is back then, society had an effective system of checks and balances on behaviour and relations between the sexes to account for the nature of both sexes. Today, there's some sort of deregulation in theory(but really a regulation for men and subsidisation for women entering relationships) and as a result, men get the short end of the stick. Manginas are fvcking it up for men daily and the dating/marriage market is one fvcked up venue.

women were still virtuous back then. check the behavioural attitude these days compared to then. these horrible divorce laws were existing then too but many women prefer to be married than remain single - due to the social stigma.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2014
coogar:

1. lol....i'd rather trust a mamba. my problem is with the men who are this wealthy & still decide to marry. after a certain threshold, millionaires who marry are setting themselves to a big plunge.

2. it must be the psychological effect. he managed to beat the £300m payout to a mere £25m but it cost him 6 years of legal battle & a 6-month prison term. many people still think he had that money stashed somewhere - that's why his suicide shocked the world.

3. women were still virtuous back then. check the behavioural attitude these days compared to then. these horrible divorce laws were existing then too but many women prefer to be married than remain single - due to the social stigma.

1. True that. That's why I have a problem with people who tell young men to ignore dating and make money first. It always gets me like "come on". That's the worst piece of advice you can give to a brother. I encourage dating when you're brokest and taking it from there, the worst that'll happen ois you'd get spurned, also, you get to sift the chaff from the wheat.

2. Well, that brother was unlucky. I won't be surprised if he didn't have a father figure growing up. You literally need balls to handle women.

3. There was no no-fault divorce back then. Once no-fault divorce became a reality, the world of marriage came to an ignoble end. And I maintain, women weren't more virtuous then than they are now, the difference was in society's set-up. What hope was there for divorced women to remarry? As society became more liberal, the rate of divorce increased. That's the reality of it all. Amend these laws and women will suddenly "become virtuous" again. It's nature and it's a game. I won't be losing though. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by crackhaus: 2:58pm On Dec 10, 2014
The unfortunate man who marries a greedy desperate gold-digging skank in the west is monumentally fvcked for the most part. gringrin

ALIMONY

A program started in the 1920's to 1930's to support women who's job was to stay home and take care of the kids and run the house. Women were not allowed or encouraged to work, and as so, were unable to support themselves after a divorce. Somehow, the program has continued until this day, since the modern woman is apparently still unable to care for herself, or provide for herself.
The system is flawed in several ways, the main one being that if the modern day family decides to keep the "mom/honey bunny" at home, the dad must usually find a high paying job or work much overtime to make up the missing income from his loving spouse staying at home.
Its a good deal the first year as mom has play-dates for the kids, dinner on the table, clean house, etc. After the novelty of marriage for the woman has worn off, after about 12 months, the downward spiral begins. Mom stops cooking, spends the day out shopping with friends, banging everyone but their husband, no dinner cooked when the husband gets home, and sure as hell no clean underwear in the drawer.
Credit card debt starts just to pay the monthly bills, Husband tries to get MORE overtime to keep credit cards from building and that helps for a while. Just want to make honey bunny happy and give her everything she desires...right?!
After year #3 the husband starts to think in the back of his mind that they are in trouble, Wifey too knew after the first year when she started banging the mail man, cable guy, and everyone at the local bar. Credit card debt is at the $20,000 - $30,000 range due to numerous Home Shopping Network purchases (I mean, what else the fvck is she suppose to do when she is at home, alone, all day??)

Eventually, she gets one of her fvck buddies to propose to her, I mean the worthless son of a b!tc# she has been married to is never home, always working, and always bitching about the bills. "Bastard never gives me any money" is a common chant...and a justification to start stashing the grocery money every week and start putting that bill on the credit card too. Divorce comes, and of course the lifestyle that your little princess has become accustomed to needs to continue, so alimony needs to start. She gave you the best years of her life, stayed home so she could......well, stayed at home and could not enter the work place so you owe her, big time.
Of course with her nursing degree she can get a job anywhere (that was paid for by you too!) but she could not possibly continue to be a member of the country club on her $60,000 a year salary. Of course the Alimony amount is figured on your 2 job, 80 hour a week income as well as the child support. Your now 40 year old Ex wife still bitches constantly because she does not get 100% of your paycheck, is in another shitty relationship, only refers to you as dead beat dad! to your kids (because it somehow helps her self esteem) and is pissed because you are banging a 23year old sweet thing, and she is STILL up to her saggy tits in credit card debt!

Ex Wife: Ohhh, my Alimony check is here, lets go shopping
Ex Wife's Friend: Sounds like a plan, how much you got?
Ex Wife: I get $1500 plus $1500 child support.
Ex Wife's Friend: Damn!!! What a deal
Ex Wife: I know, I know. I'm trying to get my new boyfriend to propose so I can do it again. I figure I will have 3 or 4 ex's before its all said and done. That will be some serious bank!!!
Ex Wife's Friend: Amen sister. Men are such assholes huh?
Ex Wife: Tell me about it. Pass me another bon-bon and lets get HSN on the TV.....Kiiiiids, get mama another beer!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by bukatyne(f): 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
Nice thread cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

All I know is that if the marriage was going strong, the 'greedy' wives wouldn't have initiated divorce cheesy

Virtuous wife = wife knowing hubby is cheating + abusive and still making food for him and lover cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
bukatyne:

All I know is that if the marriage was going strong, the 'greedy' wives wouldn't have initiated divorce cheesy

Doesn't mean they aren't greedy, does it?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by adebisicutie: 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2014
In Nigeria it is the reverse, divorce laws here favor men and the same thing obtains in most of Africa. What we should be asking for is a fair balance all over
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
adebisicutie:
In Nigeria it is the reverse, divorce laws here favor men and the same thing obtains in most of Africa. What we should be asking for is a fair balance all over
Please, give examples of such provisions in the Nigerian Constitution that favour men in divorce.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by adebisicutie: 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
Please, give examples of such provisions in the Nigerian Constitution that favour men in divorce.

In Nigeria there is nothing like alimony so even in a case where the man asked the woman to be a housewife, If they divorce she won't be entitled to any alimony , also she won't be entitled to a share of the family assets as long as her name isn't on the documents . Also I'm Nigeria most of the time in a custody dispute, as long as the kids have passed the toddler age , the father is usually given custody. These are some of the reasons why a lot of women find it hard to leave a marriage even when there is physically violence because the woman will most likely lose her children.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
adebisicutie:

1. In Nigeria there is nothing like alimony so even in a case where the man asked the woman to be a housewife, If they divorce she won't be entitled to any alimony , also she won't be entitled to a share of the family assets as long as her name isn't on the documents .

2. Also I'm Nigeria most of the time in a custody dispute, as long as the kids have passed the toddler age , the father is usually given custody. These are some of the reasons why a lot of women find it hard to leave a marriage even when there is physically violence because the woman will most likely lose her children.

1. What does she need alimony for? Can she not offer palimony? Or is she cripple that she cannot work? One the relationship is over, the benefits thereof are no longer to be enjoyed. And then what family assets does she need, is she going to give the ex husband the things she bought with her money? If the law says the only things she can claim are things jointly owned, that's fair. If she wants to inherit or acquire a man's stuff just because they were married, she's a thief. You shouldn't be encouraging thievery. Btw, I hear the courts award about a third of the husbands assets.

2. Would it be fair if the husband lost his children? If the woman gets custody, the man is mandated to pay for upkeep of the children not the wife, especially when she not bed-ridden.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by adebisicutie: 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:

1. What does she need alimony for? Can she not offer palimony? Or is she cripple that she cannot work? One the relationship is over, the benefits thereof are no longer to be enjoyed. And then what family assets does she need, is she going to give the ex husband the things she bought with her money? If the law says the only things she can claim are things jointly owned, that's fair. If she wants to inherit or acquire a man's stuff just because they were married, she's a thief. You shouldn't be encouraging thievery. Btw, I hear the courts award about a third of the husbands assets.

2. Would it be fair if the husband lost his children? If the woman gets custody, the man is mandated to pay for upkeep of the children not the wife, especially when she not bed-ridden.

How can a housewife offer alimony. Yes she can work but surely it will take her sometime to be able to afford rent and such. In Nigeria a man can throw his wife out of the house and she has no rights. You see it all the time where the man will throw her clothes outside and kick her out and that us it. If the man asked her to be a house wive , when he throws her out where is she supposed to live until she gets a job? That is the point, her contributions to the family asset is totally ignored forgetting that her taking care of the kids and the home front helped him to be able to focus on work. A third of husband assets for where? Nor in Nigeria

In Nigeria, no one is mandated to pay child support. No one in Nigeria will ever go to jail for not paying child support so even if the woman gets custody of the kids if the man refuses to pay child support there is no law for her to get it. No one is saying the woman should automatically get the kids, joint custody should be the normal thing as long as neither party Is deemed unfit by the courts.

Even in a case where a woman works and she maybe pays the rent while the husband puts his own savings towards building the house. As long as her name isn't on the documents she has no claim to any assets . In order countries the assets are divided because the law takes it into consideration that in the marriage the two parties worked together to acquire what the family has. In marriages with both parties working the couple usually has an arrangement on which bills each party takes care of , so if the woman was paying school fees while the man was paying mortgages and such of course in a divorce the assists should be shared. In Nigeria no one will care if the woman was paying salaries or school fees. The man will own the home

A lot of Nigerian women are smarter now, ensuring that their name is on every asset the family acquires

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by cococandy(f): 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2014
crackhaus:
The unfortunate man who marries a greedy desperate gold-digging skank in the west is monumentally fvcked for the most part. gringrin

that must have been written by a very pained nigga.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by cococandy(f): 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
The Nigerian marriage puts women at a very very disadvantaged position.To our Nigerian brothers,that is fairness. It is our culture as Africans in case you've forgotten .

All the whining you see on this thread is because they can't get around the fact that there are civilized countries who respect women and recognize their contributions to the marriage.

The law here is not xtupid. A spouse gets what they deserve from every marriage once it is over . Everybody always gets what they deserve.

Forget all this sensationalism and victim mentality. In a case where the woman is proven to not be a fit parent, she doesn't get custody. It is that simple.

They will pretend as if they don't know that after some divorce the women don't get anything.
Some women don't get custody
While some pay alimony too.

A man who had a working wife earning as much as he does and both incomes going into the family will still have the nerve to say ALL his wealth was shared 50/50 between him and his wife. I wonder what the woman will say then since the money she made while married to him is part of the WEALTH that belongs to him

adebisicutie:

How can a housewife offer alimony. Yes she can work but surely it will take her sometime to be able to afford rent and such. In Nigeria a man can throw his wife out of the house and she has no rights. You see it all the time where the man will throw her clothes outside and kick her out and that us it. If the man asked her to be a house wive , when he throws her out where is she supposed to live until she gets a job? That is the point, her contributions to the family asset is totally ignored forgetting that her taking care of the kids and the home front helped him to be able to focus on work. A third of husband assets for where? Nor in Nigeria

In Nigeria, no one is mandated to pay child support. No one in Nigeria will ever go to jail for not paying child support so even if the woman gets custody of the kids if the man refuses to pay child support there is no law for her to get it. No one is saying the woman should automatically get the kids, joint custody should be the normal thing as long as neither party Is deemed unfit by the courts.

Even in a case where a woman works and she maybe pays the rent while the husband puts his own savings towards building the house. As long as her name isn't on the documents she has no claim to any assets . In order countries the assets are divided because the law takes it into consideration that in the marriage the two parties worked together to acquire what the family has. In marriages with both parties working the couple usually has an arrangement on which bills each party takes care of , so if the woman was paying school fees while the man was paying mortgages and such of course in a divorce the assists should be shared. In Nigeria no one will care if the woman was paying salaries or school fees. The man will own the home

A lot of Nigerian women are smarter now, ensuring that their name is on every asset the family acquires

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2014
adebisicutie:

1. How can a housewife offer alimony.

2. Yes she can work but surely it will take her sometime to be able to afford rent and such. In Nigeria a man can throw his wife out of the house and she has no rights. You see it all the time where the man will throw her clothes outside and kick her out and that us it.

3. If the man asked her to be a house wife , when he throws her out where is she supposed to live until she gets a job? That is the point, her contributions to the family asset is totally ignored forgetting that her taking care of the kids and the home front helped him to be able to focus on work. A third of husband assets for where? Nor in Nigeria

4. In Nigeria, no one is mandated to pay child support. No one in Nigeria will ever go to jail for not paying child support so even if the woman gets custody of the kids if the man refuses to pay child support there is no law for her to get it. No one is saying the woman should automatically get the kids, joint custody should be the normal thing as long as neither party Is deemed unfit by the courts.

5. Even in a case where a woman works and she maybe pays the rent while the husband puts his own savings towards building the house. As long as her name isn't on the documents she has no claim to any assets . In order countries the assets are divided because the law takes it into consideration that in the marriage the two parties worked together to acquire what the family has. In marriages with both parties working the couple usually has an arrangement on which bills each party takes care of , so if the woman was paying school fees while the man was paying mortgages and such of course in a divorce the assists should be shared. In Nigeria no one will care if the woman was paying salaries or school fees. The man will own the home

6. A lot of Nigerian women are smarter now, ensuring that their name is on every asset the family acquires

1. Oh, I didn't know all wives were housewives. Thanks for the info.

2. People get thrown out all the time. What makes an ex wife any different. If men throw out their tenants or siblings, who the hell is an ex wife that she cannot be thrown out. Then, it's better she works hard to have rent money or she behaves herself and not get thrown out. She has options, really.

3. If a man has asked his wife to not work, it is only fair that he compensate her adequately. This can be done by paying her upfront. A substantial amount of money should be deposited in her account while she keeps the home. Anything other than this, and she's a dunce. Break ups happen all the time.

4. Well then, no one should be forced to pay child support. Nobody gets forced to feed children that live with them, why should they be forced to cater for those that don't? Anybody who wants to have or keep children better be able to cater for them.

5. If your name isn't on an asset, you have no claim to it. Period. If you want a claim, inscribe your name on the asset. Does the law in these other countries account for quality and quantity of input into the acquisition of these assets. Or is it just a mumu zombie share-it-right-down-the-middle formula. If it's a split in two equal halves arrangement, then that law is not fair.

6. That they know of. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by crackhaus: 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
cococandy:
that must have been written by a very pained nigga.
Pained maybe, does that make it any less than the truth?

It happened and will continue to happen...
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by lolababe331e: 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:

1. Oh, I didn't know all wives were housewives. Thanks for the info.

2. People get thrown out all the time. What makes an ex wife any different. If men throw out their tenants or siblings, who the hell is an ex wife that she cannot be thrown out. Then, it's better she works hard to have rent money or she behaves herself and not get thrown out. She has options, really.

3. If a man has asked his wife to not work, it is only fair that he compensate her adequately. This can be done by paying her upfront. A substantial amount of money should be deposited in her account while she keeps the home. Anything other than this, and she's a dunce. Break ups happen all the time.

4. Well then, no one should be forced to pay child support. Nobody gets forced to feed children that live with them, why should they be forced to cater for those that don't? Anybody who wants to have or keep children better be able to cater for them.

5. If your name isn't on an asset, you have no claim to it. Period. If you want a claim, inscribe your name on the asset. Does the law in these other countries account for quality and quantity of input into the acquisition of these assets. Or is it just a mumu zombie share-it-right-down-the-middle formula. If it's a split in two equal halves arrangement, then that law is not fair.

6. That they know of. wink

People do need to be forced to pay child support, because yes there are a lot of irresponsible parents. As long as you have children the law should force you to support them, that is one of the things we need to fix in Nigeria. Even here on Nairaland we've had people tell their stories of how the father would abandon his responsibilities especially once they are divorced and prefer instead in spend money on alcohol and whatever.

Nigerian laws generally do discriminate against women

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
lolababe331e:

People do need to be forced to pay child support, because yes there are many irresponsible a lot of irresponsible parents. As long as you have children the law should force you to support them, that is one of the things we need to fix in Nigeria.
Whoever has custody should be responsible for the upkeep of a child. If you cannot support a child on your own, you should not be granted custody. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by lolababe331e: 5:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
Whoever has custody should be responsible for the upkeep of a child. If you cannot support a child on your own, you should not be granted custody. Simple.

There is no such thing, both parties must always contribute together towards the upkeep of the kids . So if the wife has custody does that mean he won't visit the kids again? They won't keep having his surname? As long as you are a parent you must be financially reponsible towards your kids. Halle Berry pays child support to her husband since he has primary custody of their daughter and she's not the only woman who does that. No matter who has the primary custody, the other party must still be made to pay child support.

If you don't want to pay child support then you should relinquish all right to the children

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by cococandy(f): 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2014
crackhaus:

Pained maybe, does that make it any less than the truth?

It happened and will continue to happen...
but it is not the norm. Maybe his experience
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by cococandy(f): 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
^^^
^^^
^^^
senseless post. undecided
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
lolababe331e:

1. There is no such thing, both parties must always contribute together towards the upkeep of the kids . So if the wife has custody does that mean he won't visit the kids again? They won't keep having his surname? As long as you are a parent you must be financially reponsible towards your kids. Halle Berry pays child support to her husband since he has primary custody of their daughter and she's not the only woman who does that. No matter who has the primary custody, the other party must still be made to pay child support.

2. If you don't want to pay child support then you should relinquish all right to the children

1. Why should they pay child support? It's brainless to take someone's child away and make them pay for their upkeep. So, what does Eric Benet use his money for and what exactly is the purpose of this child support?

2. Amen to that. You can still pay all the child support and the kids will still hate your arze. Sperrm production is a continuous thing and there will be no shortage of women willing to have babies.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by lolababe331e: 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:

1. Why should they pay child support? It's brainless to take someone's child away and make them pay for their upkeep. So, what does Eric Benet use his money for and what exactly is the purpose of this child support?

2. Amen to that. You can still pay all the child support and the kids will still hate your arze. Sperrm production is a continuous thing and there will be no shortage of women willing to have babies.

The fact the spouse has primary custody doesn't mean they took away your child. In a divorce one person must have primary custody (or will they share the child into two ) that is a fact while the other has visitations. Her child isn't with Eric Benet by the way but her French ex husband. As for what he does with his own money, he uses some if it to take care of the child while she also pays child support.

Child support dosent mean the parent with primary custody won't spend their own money on the child, of course they do. It just means both of you brought the child into the world and both of you must pay to maintain the child.

Yes there are many women who want to have the Babies and you will pay child support to all of them or go to jail cheesy I'm sure Lagos state will soon pass child support laws so we stop having irresponsible parents who have kids and abandon their responsibilities

By the way I was joking about no 2. There is no such thing in the eyes of the law, even if you don't want to see the children or have anything to do with them it dosent matter. As long as you contributed into bringing them into the world the courts will ensure you give a portion of your salary to their upkeep every month till they are 18years old.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
lolababe331e:

The fact the spouse has primary custody doesn't mean they took away your child. In a divorce one person must have primary custody (or will they share the child into two ) that is a fact while the other has visitations. Her child isn't with Eric Benet by the way but her French ex husband. As for what he does with his own money, he uses some if it to take care of the child while she also pays child support.

Child support dosent mean the parent with primary custody won't spend their own money on the child, of course they do. It just means both of you brought the child into the world and both of you must pay to maintain the child.

Yes there are many women who want to have the Babies and you will pay child support to all of them or go to jail cheesy I'm sure Lagos state will soon pass child support laws so we stop having irresponsible parents who have kids and abandon their responsibilities

By the way I was joking about no 2. There is no such thing in the eyes of the law, even if you don't want to see the children or have anything to do with them it dosent matter. As long as you contributed into bringing them into the world the courts will ensure you give a portion of your salary to their upkeep every month till they are 18years old.

Yeah, we can keep going back and forth, but thank God ayam a Nigerian. Nobody will be forcing me to part with money to take care of kids I don't see if there's a divorce. Oh, wait, I'm a Nigerian man, who's gonna take my kids away from me? The person go try.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by bukatyne(f): 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
Doesn't mean they aren't greedy, does it?

You guys want to eat ya cake and have it cheesy

Some women have become smarter than y'all grin

I don't know any woman who will leave a loving hubby because of $

Like you alls say, a woman should not be verbally abusive because she cannot control the man's physical reaction...

Bukatyne says: a man should love his wife because he cannot control her financial reaction! Shakashaka!

Nor be Naija where husband go leave wife, claim everything including the belle in her womb!
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by bukatyne(f): 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2014
lolababe331e:

People do need to be forced to pay child support, because yes there are a lot of irresponsible parents. As long as you have children the law should force you to support them, that is one of the things we need to fix in Nigeria. Even here on Nairaland we've had people tell their stories of how the father would abandon his responsibilities especially once they are divorced and prefer instead in spend money on alcohol and whatever.

Nigerian laws generally do discriminate against women

Yet no epistle about it undecided

Maybe there is balance afterall...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OBSESSION: Have You Ever Obsessed About Someone, Or Someone About You. / Eid Ul Adha Essay Article Paragraph In Hindi English Urdu Story / I Caught My Wife Aborting Another Man's Pregnancy - Sterling Bank Manager (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.