Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow (11674 Views)

Apc Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? / Third PDP Anambra Governoship Candidate Emerges In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by guruwizard: 6:25am On Dec 10, 2014
The national convention of the All Progressives Congress begins in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial nerve centre, today (Wednesday).

The presidential candidate of the party will emerge tomorrow (Thursday).

More than 8,000 accredited delegates are expected to elect the party’s presidential flag bearer who is to face President Goodluck Jonathan, the sole candidate of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, in the 2015 general elections.

Five aspirants are ex-Head of State, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari; a former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar; Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso; Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, and the Publisher of Leadership Newspaper, Mr. Sam Nda-Isaiah. They are all vying for the party’s sole ticket.

Already, supporters of Buhari and Atiku, the two leading aspirants, have appealed to the APC delegates to vote wisely.

Buhari’s supporters, under the aegis of Buhari Friends Organisation Network, at a press briefing in Abuja on Tuesday, said today’s (Wednesday’s) APC’s primaries offered a unique opportunity for party delegates to vote for change.

The spokesman for the group, St. Athanasius Okon, said Nigerians have not had it so bad since the return of democracy in 1999.

According to him, the nation’s economy is in a shambles while the ruling party carries on as if nothing is amiss.

He explained that “the race to Aso Rock begins from the party’s presidential primaries because the choice of the right candidate will pave the way for APC’s success in the forthcoming polls.”

Chairman-of-Leadership-Newspapers-and-an-Exco-member-of-Newspapers-Proprietors-Association-of-Nigeria-Mr.-Sam-Nda-Isaiah

Okon added, “We want to use this medium to call on the All Progressives Congress’ delegates across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory that would be in Lagos on December 10, 2014, for the presidential primaries, to consider a lot of factors before they cast their vote, as there can be no better time than now for us to use the opportunity God has given us to redeem this country from the shackles of the political class, especially those in the ruling party, the PDP.”

Speaking in a similar vein, Atiku’s supporters urged the party’s delegates to consider his track record of public service and his democratic credentials as they cast their votes.

The spokesman for the group, Alhaji Abdullahi Sugar, while speaking in Abuja, on Tuesday, said Atiku had proven over the years to be a detribalised Nigerian who is determined to change the nation for the better.

He noted that the former Vice President had proven himself as a visionary leader who when given the opportunity would transform Nigeria.

Sugar said, “The Turaki is the leader we need at this time, we urge the APC delegates to give him the chance to lead the party to victory come 2015.”

http://www.naijamember.com/apc-presidential-candidate-emerges-tomorrow/

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-presidential-candidate-emerges-tomorrow/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 6:33am On Dec 10, 2014
Ok..I hope the man who recently stopped smoking wins!

Toyin lawani releases pics from the launch of 'Melody' video by Lordtrigg
http:///AoNjR

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by pekeyim: 6:33am On Dec 10, 2014
Watching!
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 10, 2014
OK
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by BenGlobal1(m): 6:33am On Dec 10, 2014
Cnt wait for diz one. Liking ma lipz
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by chymystique(f): 6:35am On Dec 10, 2014
2015 elections go sweet die!.. I can't to see who will finally emerge as the party flag bearer whom will still lose to Gej.... cause naija election is just to fufil all righteousness...
Owelle knows he is wasting time in this primaries.. I feel he is contesting this time 2027. Lol.
#watching

4 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 6:35am On Dec 10, 2014
Ok
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by Youngzedd(m): 6:35am On Dec 10, 2014
Yeah
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by Firefire(m): 6:35am On Dec 10, 2014
[size=18pt]A roaring lion kills no game.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by iykomo0(m): 6:36am On Dec 10, 2014
so?
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by LieDetector(m): 6:37am On Dec 10, 2014
#my-charity-comment
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by ferdsmart(m): 6:38am On Dec 10, 2014
May them win..sha
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by bestman09(m): 6:38am On Dec 10, 2014
Watching
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by tolustx(m): 6:39am On Dec 10, 2014
I can't wait to see d result
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by Nlmadfreak: 6:39am On Dec 10, 2014
Oh!
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by aywhy93(m): 6:41am On Dec 10, 2014
hmmnnn
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by SeverusSnape(m): 6:41am On Dec 10, 2014
LET THE BEST CANDIDATE WIN!...BTW, This Kwankwaso guy doesn't look presidential a bit.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 10, 2014
I can't wait to see the face of the potential loser. They should all step for Aki and Paw-Paw. Jokers!!!
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by CircleOfWilis: 6:42am On Dec 10, 2014
May atiku win

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by orobs93(m): 6:44am On Dec 10, 2014
Apc just like real Madrid full of stars...rochas all the way...

5 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 10, 2014
may the best winner emerge.
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by orobs93(m): 6:45am On Dec 10, 2014
We need change. We need change we need change.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by generaliy07(m): 6:48am On Dec 10, 2014
Lagos traffic has been hell since yesterday

I trekked distances I should have covered with vehicle, all because of this, I know today will be better (don't wanna say worse)

I hope they give us a candidate who is worth it, not someone who will leave us with an option 'between two evils'

Kinda disappointed in one of their front liners after his interview, he's as clueless as the shoeless folk he seeks to send back to village

Can we have an Ida Isaiah?, he's an underdog they'll say, and doesn't have the structure, wondering why they all can't contribute their structures to him, don't they say the Love Nigeria and aren't vying for selfish interest?

Nigeria politicians...Seeking self service since 1250BC
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by diamond4life: 6:49am On Dec 10, 2014
ok ooo
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by stillchris: 6:52am On Dec 10, 2014
my mum is always worried anytime she sees the news about buhari's intention. these are the people that felt the brutality of this dictator, ( of course i was still a kid then so wasn't aware of these things) not us young ones that blindly support him. (i used to support him till my mum gave me the chilling story of buhari's reign as a dictator).

my question to Nigerians is.. why do we love bad leaders so much and pray for their comeback?

obasanjo was a dictator who governed poorly and still failed under a democratic rule. now it's buhari's turn to take us to the dark ages. what we don't realize is that these people will continue to have that traits of dictatorship in them no matter how they re-emerge. what does he want from aso villa that he is willing yo borrow money to contest for? why isvhe desperate?

i don't like jonathan but the APC will make me hold on to my vote if peopke like fashola don't contest for the number one seat. not these old failed politicians who had nothing but sorrow tears and blood to offer when they had the chance.

Nigerians, please vote wisely

11 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by amakufrancis(m): 6:52am On Dec 10, 2014
who do you think will emerge as the winner.
Re: APC Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow by golddeejay(m): 6:52am On Dec 10, 2014
d only candidate to give jonah a run for his money is buhari...hope he wins

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Wants NASS To Confirm Service-chiefs / "Kogi Government Trying To Frame Me For Murder" - Dino Melaye / Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.