Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari (131425 Views)

Northern Nigeria Governors Endorse Action Against Shiites / APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) / Atiku Debunks Reports Of 12 APC Governors Endorsing Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by zik4ever: 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2014
Pataki:

I hope APC will suspend Atiku after today's event. A progressive party should not tolerate this nonsense.

With Atiku’s heavy war chest, the APC hierarchy had become jittery about the high possibility of his victory.
As a counterforce, Amaechi ─ who is the biggest financial backer of Buhari and is heavily favoured to pick the vice-presidential slot ─ flew in a heavy “war chest” to the pro-Buhari camp in Lagos on Wednesday morning, sources told TheCable.
The strategy in the pro-Buhari camp is to match Atiku naira-for-naira and dollar-for-dollar.
“Atiku cannot just come in and pick the ticket after all the hard work we did breaking up the PDP and setting up the APC,” a southern governor told TheCable on phone.
http://www.thecable.ng/just-12-apc-governors-endorse-buhari-atiku-reaches-directly-delegates

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by naijareferee: 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2014
Obiagelli:
TheCable understands that Kwankwaso has
been persuaded to step down for Buhari,
which he agreed, but will still put up an
appearance without putting up a fight at the
convention.
Atiku, on this part, is basing his calculations
on the fact that APC governors control only
14 states and their influence in the remaining
22 states is not strong.
TheCable understands that Atiku has zeroed
in on delegates from 16 states which they
consider winnable: Adamawa, Sokoto, Kebbi,
Niger, Benue, Plateau, Bauchi, Jigawa,
Taraba, Yobe, Delta, Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu, Ekiti
and Ondo ─ as well as the FCT.
In Atiku’s camp, the calculation is to deal
directly with the delegates, even from states
controlled by pro-Buhari governors.
With Atiku’s heavy war chest, the APC
hierarchy had become jittery about the high
possibility of his victory.
As a counterforce, Amaechi ─ who is the
biggest financial backer of Buhari and is
heavily favoured to pick the vice-presidential
slot ─ flew in a heavy “war chest” to the pro-
Buhari camp in Lagos on Wednesday
morning, sources told TheCable.
The strategy in the pro-Buhari camp is to
match Atiku naira-for-naira and dollar-for-
dollar.
“Atiku cannot just come in and pick the ticket
after all the hard work we did breaking up the
PDP and setting up the APC,” a southern
governor told TheCable on phone.

War-chest.....A wonderful name for progressive monies....I just they observe and laff

I hope op has collected her/his war chest

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by donphilopus: 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2014
soroptimist:
BREAKING!!! EVEN @omojuwa have an information to share

J|#BringBackOurGirls ‏@omojuwa 17s17 seconds ago
General Buhari will clear APC's primaries by a landslide.

This' a good news!
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Johnnyessence(m): 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
saibuhari is winning even d APC London travel down
to Lagos to vote for d people's general already 12
governors av endorsed him governor governor rabiu
kwakwanso is stepping down. so forget
oooooo ,atmosphere of change is blowing
oooooooo.GMB all d way any day any time we will
vote for u.d people's general will win convincely oooooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Pataki: 2:16pm On Dec 10, 2014
Even Desmond OLUSOLA Elliot in the house. #APCDecides noni!

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 10, 2014
Pataki:

I hope APC will suspend Atiku after today's event. A progressive party should not tolerate this nonsense.

Atiku is a despicable individual.......all the mouth he has been making about being a Democrat and that there should be no consensus,affirmation etc is not because he believes in democratic ethos and its nuances.

It is because he is a believer in the age-long way of doing things in the PDP whereby delegates are induced with money to vote and he thinks since GMB is not a billionaire like himself he can take the fight to him and sway the mind of people with his money

That is why the party as been trying to ensure that the process is not polluted by the likes of Atiku and it is not as if they fear him

They dont just want him to soil the name of the party after all said and done

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by mike404(m): 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2014
Pataki:

Brilliant!!! Rochas, three gbosas for you!

I am a TERRORIST for life!
AN ISLAMIC JIHADIST CAN NEVER RULE A CIRCULAR COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2014
i hope buhari will emerge victorious today. Buhari is the only person that can easily defeat gej.... Atiku is a no no for me and many nigerians who wish this nation well. If atiku emerges victorious today, am afraid i wont vote anybody in the next coming general election... Nuff said

3 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by donphilopus: 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2014
mike404:

Why do you find it difficult to contribute intelligently on Nairaland?!

7 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
naijareferee:

War-chest.....A wonderful name for progressive monies....I just they observe and laff

Call it whatever.....

People like you were seriously hoping that Atiku clinches the ticket irrespective of whichever way he does it( bribing the delegates)

After which you will still propagandise about the fact that he(Atiku) bribed his way through to discredit APC and its CHANGE mantra

Yet when Buhari floated a crowd-funding manner of financing his candidature so that he wont be beholden to any money bags.....Jonathanian charlatans screamed about him being broke
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Pataki: 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
soroptimist:

Atiku is a despicable individual.......all the mouth he has been making about being a Democrat and that there should be no consensus,affirmation etc is not because he believes in democratic ethos and its nuances.

It is because he is a believer in the age-long way of doing things in the PDP whereby delegates are induced with money to vote and he thinks since GMB is not a billionaire like himself he can take the fight to him and sway the mind of people with his money

That is why the party as been trying to ensure that the process is not polluted by the likes of Atiku and it is not as if they fear him

They dont just want him to soil the name of the party after all said and done

I have never liked the dude from the beginning. However, I believe that APC as a party was willing to allow people in who are on the pathway of CHANGE. However, can a leopard hide its spots? Atiku has clearly shown that he will rather buy the conscience of people than allow the conscience of people to freely prevail.

APC should never be a part of this money charade more especially within its own party election process. I sincerely hope they take a hard stance on this for the future. The stance of fighting corruption should begin right from the party, and this money spending charade by Atiku should be properly dealt with by the APC hierarchy immediately after this process is concluded.
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by means(m): 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
Atiku is richer than Tinubu, Amaechi and Rochas combined. You GMB fans need to pray hard. A call to a friend who happens to be a journalist right at Balogun staduim says there is till so much negotiation and money inducements from two camps. I don't know the other camp he is reffering to. Am afraid, GMB supporters might have a heartbreak tonight.
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
mike404:

So Naija be like letter O for ya mind. Ode!
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by naijareferee: 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
soroptimist:

Call it whatever.....

People like you were seriously hoping that Atiku clinches the ticket irrespective of whichever way he does it( bribing the delegates)

After which you will still propagandise about the fact that he(Atiku) bribed his way through to discredit APC and its CHANGE mantra

Yet when Buhari floated a crowd-funding manner of financing his candidature so that he wont be beholden to any money bags.....Jonathanian charlatans screamed about him being broke

Hahahah
I am actually having fun with all the terminology you guys are using here, cos i will neither vote buhari or gej

And as for gmb not sharing 'war-chest'......you should wait for the cries of Rivers state civil servants for the next 3 months
Nuff said...oya face topic and know if u will collect some war chest
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Tompolo1: 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
If APC is serious to win next year election they should field no other candidate than Buhari.I wish them well

2 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Pataki: 2:34pm On Dec 10, 2014
Heard voting is to start by 4pm.

#APCDecides.

Rochas, Kwankwaso & Sam have stepped down for Buhari.

God Almighty is still loves this country!

Sai Buhari2015!
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2014
Pataki:

#APCDecides.

Sai Buhari2015!
Sam stepped down too? Interesting
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by VirginFinder: 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2014
Even if Buhari clinches the APC ticket, I foresee APC stabbing him in the back at the polls.

The truth is that it's only the masses that want Buhari. Nigeria's ruling elite in the PDP,APC and beyond will do everything possible to stop Buhari from becoming president.
Reason: most of them will be jailed including former presidents.

After all said and done, they'll all settle for a weak GEJ.

Bookmark this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by mike404(m): 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2014
donphilopus:

Why do you find it difficult to contribute intelligently on Nairaland?!

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.
HAVE I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION DUNCE

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by chesterlee(m): 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2014
Where did amaechi get his cash from? Oil thief? If yes...why will Mr 'credible' allow such money into his campaign? Can anything good come out of it all? Change Indeed!
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2014
Pataki:

#APCDecides.

Sai Buhari2015!
Very good! The contest is now between Atiku and Buhari.

Buhari all the way!!
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Pataki: 2:40pm On Dec 10, 2014
Obiagelli:

Sam stepped down too? Interesting

I am hearing it with one ear oh.......will keep you updated.

UPDATE:

Kano delegates are OFFICIALLY for Buhari.

Sai Buhari2015!
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2014
naijareferee:

cheesy grin
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 10, 2014
VirginFinder:
Even if Buhari clinches the APC ticket, I foresee APC stabbing him in the back at the polls.

The truth is that it's only the masses that want Buhari. Nigeria's ruling elite in the PDP,APC and beyond will do everything possible to stop Buhari from becoming president.
Reason: most of them will be jailed including former presidents.

After all said and done, they'll all settle for a weak GEJ.

Bookmark this.

Its left to see the masses reaction after that.
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Pataki: 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
#Buhari2015

It is more than a name - it is a MOVEMENT!

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by zicoraads: 2:50pm On Dec 10, 2014
Breaking news: Buhari has stepped down for Kwankwaso!

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
Apart from the main podium, a smaller one is also
erected nearby and various music instruments have
been set up there. It looks like, there will be lots of
dancing today. Whether that would be before or after
the election is not clear, but it seems certain there will
be some partying tonight, here at Surulere. The Song,
Surulere by the Mavins is playing as we write this
update.

I would like to see fireworks too.
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
Report says atiku supporters are the loudest in the stadium, talk about "he who laughs last" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Pataki: 2:54pm On Dec 10, 2014
APC - what a party to love!

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
Obiagelli:
Report says atiku supporters are the loudest in the stadium, talk about "he who laughs last" grin grin
they should buy enough handkerchiefs with their bribed money to wipe their tears when Buhari is declared winner.
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Gbawe2: 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2014
Atiku will always do what Atiku knows how to do. Whereas OBJ will bully him openly while GEJ will outspend him (2010 PDP primaries) the brains behind APC will outsmart Atiku in a manner that will leave the Party's democratic credentials intact and even enhanced. The real 'booty' is the Presidency. Nothing can transform Atiku into a candidate capable of delivering that for the APC if chosen as the candidate of the Party. He will disgrace the Party because GEJ will win by a landslide in a ridiculous mismatch. I would personally advise Atiku to not waste his money on an exercise in futility.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (69) (Reply)

Meet Chioma Uzodinma, Imo First Lady (Photos) / More Revelations On Maina's Reinstatement By Sahara Reporters / Edo 2020 Governorship Election Results (INEC Portal Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.