Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) (59770 Views)

The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) / Woman Allegedly Killed By Her Husband's Brothers...they Butchered Her [G.PHOTOS] / Woman Allegedly Kills Husband By Stabbing Him At The Throat In Bayelsa (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Nobody: 2:51am On Dec 11, 2014
manny4life:

I thought the JOB of the DA is to try cases before a judge and jury and not hand down a sentence?

I think you missed the whole point of my post: the "Death Penalty" is a sentence handed down by a judge which I believe is based on what he is convicted off. Lawyers in the house, am I correct? grin I don't believe it is the job of the DA to determine the outcome of a trial even before it proceeds. Just my opinion.

However, the Jury is the body responsible for convicting or acquitting the accused with a "Guilty" or "Not Guilty" verdict. The DA can argue A, B, C but when the Jury is done deliberating, they will decide if A is Alpha, B is Bravo and C is Charlie. It is up to the jury to decide whether to pick a) all of the three, b) any single or multiple combination of the three, or c) none of the three. Based on what the Jury has chosen, the judge will sentence the accuse. All examples you've listed are what I described as difference between classes of murder. That's why I said it all starts with who decides your fate. The JURY decides not the DA.

And what in my previous explanation gave you an inclination that I said that the DA hands down a sentence?

Here's what I actually said and not what you think I said:

CityNG:

It actuallt starts out with the District Attorney. It's that office based on teh evidences collected by teh police department that determines if it qualifies for a death penalty.

Some crimes are immidiate death penalty qualifier. Examples are killing a police officer on duty or laying in wait for someone, etc

Soem crimes are not eligible for death penalty such as crimes of passion. Example, you're a Catholic priest, good community leader, gentle as a dove, you walk in and find your wife in bed with a man and you stangled him. It's out of character, it's not premeditated, etc

There was a police officer here that came upon an accident, car was on fire, occupant was burning alive, there was no way to get him out in time, he begged the police officer to shoot him, he did. Death penalty? No.

Husbadn came home to find his wife in bed with another man, she lied and said she was being raped, husband shot him dead, then wife confessed. Death penalty? No.

Escaped criminal hid in some bushes, cop came out fo store, criminal shot him dead. Death penalty? Oh he's going to be a BBQ - lol.

The DA presents a case as a death penalty case and tries it as such. If the DA never presents the case as a death penalty case then the jury can't sentence the accused to death.

I know that you understand the difference.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Nobody: 3:00am On Dec 11, 2014
zboyd:

Again, state laws differ, whether in family court or criminal court, specifically in the case of divorce. Some spouses win - others lose. Attempt to kill your spouse or kill your spouse, to jail you will go. It doesn't matter if you're a husband or wife. Murder is murder.

As for you saying: "Some folks also loose businesses, homes, savings and other properties that they have accumulated, sometimes even before they even got married"...it depends on which U.S state you live in that will determine what is yours before marriage remains yours.

Look it up!

I don't have to look anything up as I am well versed in family courts.

Have you ever stepped foot in a US family court? If so who many hours total have you spent in family court? How much have you paid a family court lawyer?

Many spouses have attempted to kill the other spouses and gotten away with it, many. Watch Snapped once in a while.

The only thing that truly differs and that relates to this discussion is "community property state", some states are exempt from that but that doesn't mean that the owning spouse doesn't have to forfeit some preowned property. I know Nairalanders live to argue points that they are only peripherally familiar with so this advice is not for you. For others, before getting married, go and spend an hour in a family court and see what goes on in there.

On your second point "it depends on which U.S state you live in that will determine what is yours before marriage remains yours" you are again wrong.

Prenuptial agreement as well as well documented ownerships of property pre marriage has long been recognized in all US states. Again this doesn't mean that the owning spouse gets away scott free but deals can be made to protect some properties and yield some.

When you re faced with $200 per hour lawyer bill most spouses become reasonable.

I am happy for you as I can tell that your are naive in a divorce way and I pray that it remains so for you. You impress me as the type of person that will be stripped naked in court because you believe that family court is fair.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by chillbabe(f): 3:46am On Dec 11, 2014
fittty:
God Bless America... Na wah oh! Nothing wey we no go see for this country. You tune TV to news na either person dey shoot, kill or rob. All these Akata sef! They're always full of drama. African Americans are often violent, ignorant, aggressive, uneducated and poor. They can't do without Marijuana and other hard drugs. This tragic news is most definitely as a result of drugs combined with heated arguments. I'll always advice Nigerians to stay away from most of them especially the uneducated ones. NA dem full prison pass oh. They go in and out of jail like they're riding the train or bus.

Funny the way u talk abt a set of ppl that fought for u as a AFRICAN if it was not for them u Couldnt dream of studying there or work. If that's u on ur profile pix u didn't waste time to adopt their saggy pants culture.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by tracybee(f): 4:44am On Dec 11, 2014
She saw the signs but got deceived,what a waste of life!!!
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Nobody: 5:08am On Dec 11, 2014
When you marry akata, prepare to either be dead in a few years or be in jail. I have never seen a peaceful akata relationship. cry
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by birdman(m): 5:14am On Dec 11, 2014
pDude:
When you marry akata, prepare to either be dead in a few years or be in jail. I have never seen a peaceful akata relationship. cry

really? you live in the hood somewhere. not your fault
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 11, 2014
birdman:

really? you live in the hood somewhere. not your fault

What has living in the hood somewhere got to do with my comment you ignorant farmhand? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by birdman(m): 5:29am On Dec 11, 2014
pDude:

What has living in the hood somewhere got to do with my comment you ignorant farmhand? undecided

if all the AAs you know are in crazy relationships, it tells me what kind of places you hangout, and where you live. Since birds of a feather flock together anyway, I can tell a lot about your relationships. While you were busy pointing fingers at other folk, you dont realize the other 4 are pointing back at you.

You sound like one of those loud mouth peeps that don't really know anything, but it never stops them from generalizing. Im curious sef, which city are you in. This farmhand wants to know.
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 11, 2014
birdman:

if all the AAs you know are in crazy relationships, it tells me what kind of places you hangout, and where you live. Since birds of a feather flock together anyway, I can tell a lot about your relationships. While you were busy pointing fingers at other folk, you dont realize the other 4 are pointing back at you.

You sound like one of those loud mouth peeps that don't really know anything, but it never stops them from generalizing. Im curious sef, which city are you in. This farmhand wants to know.

Kindly show me one peaceful akata relationship. I AM NOT TALKING about marriage o. Akata nor dey marry. Just tell me an example of one normal akata relationship. I'm waiting.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 11, 2014
50calibre:
Women always pushing men to the edge. Sadly this is what happens when you push a man to the wall, he'd have to choice but to deal you lethal blow.

Nigerian women are wild and uncultured, they deserve to be kept tamed at all times, they shouldn't be enjoying the privileges of a civilized society because they abuse it.

these are one of the straits of a violent men, his actions will always be the victims fault. Men like this are the ones you should always stay away from

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by marnboy(m): 6:49am On Dec 11, 2014
dvic:
Op how do you know is a Nigerian woman
because she black
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by soonest(f): 9:22am On Dec 11, 2014
Marc9:
I hope the lady from the thread that made frontpage some days back, the one whose husband rapes her anytime she refuses him, is reading this story!

"He will change" has claimed more lives than pregnancy and childbirth complications.

Ladies! You only have one life, not two! "He will change" is a chance. So why take a chance on ur one life when there's no spare life?!

A living divorcee is better than a dead married woman!
Blesie is her moniker
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Harmvirus(f): 11:16am On Dec 11, 2014
Smh.. RiP
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by eluquenson(m): 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2014
tochimas:

Mumu, what about those women and men that were recently killed in their various home by their spouses here in Nigeria ?
Go & die in America, my opinion may sound awful to you but your examples doesn't make any difference, if you like die here or America e no concern me.
Swallow your ego ewu
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Sunnyat72: 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2014
Is their marriage nt base on love?
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by birdman(m): 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2014
pDude:

Kindly show me one peaceful akata relationship. I AM NOT TALKING about marriage o. Akata nor dey marry. Just tell me an example of one normal akata relationship. I'm waiting.

Dem no dey marry abi?

How about Mr and Mrs Barack Obama. Or are they not AA? Or I should mention the dozen other AA couples that are pastors, polticians, in finance etc. If you tell me where you live, I can give you a couple. Even Alabama sef grin

As I said before, you just exposed yourself. My guy, there is a difference between existing abroad and actually living there. Your generalizations are just exposing your ignorance. Do yourself a favor and expand your horizon. Who knows, you might run into some responsible middle class black folk who can actually show you how to thrive. Hey what do I know, I'm an ignorant farmhand according to you... tongue
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by 2legit2qwt: 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2014
zboyd:

A couple should think divorce when...

...the spouse is cheating
...the spouse is verbally abusive
...refuses to work on the regular
...s/he is abusive towards the kids
...the spouse is a criminal
...the spouse steals from the other spouse
...the spouse's family is constantly interfering with the couple's marriage
...the spouse is sexually incompatible with the other spouse
...the spouse becomes un-attracted to the other spouse

You should add this too,

You should add this too, divorce should be an option the moment one of them sh1t starts to stink more than normal
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by zboyd: 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
2legit2qwt:

You should add this too, divorce should be an option the moment one of them sh1t starts to stink more than normal

Maybe the reason above could be added under the category "Irreconcilable Differences".

One spouse says the other one's poo stinks more than normal but the other spouse strongly disagrees. Neither spouse can agree on who is right and who is wrong, so to divorce court they go. Is that a flimsy excuse to divorce? To outsiders...yes. To the couple...no. Would a judge agree? Who knows.

FYI...

Grounds for Divorce: Irreconcilable Differences

"People disagree over all sorts of things, from religion to politics, and it leads to discussions and debates. For married couples, strong disagreements, or irreconcilable differences make it impossible to live together and may be grounds for a divorce."

Read more here: http://family-law.lawyers.com/divorce/grounds-for-divorce-irreconcilable-differences.html

Btw...your facetiousness is duly noted.

And the FYI could be of assistance to someone.
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by zboyd: 12:52am On Dec 12, 2014
[quote author=CityNG post=28773584][/quote]

I don't have to look anything up as I am well versed in family courts.

I beg to differ. If you were well-versed in family court, then you would know that over here, all 50 states and their territories are not identical, when it comes to divorce, child custody, division of assets, prenuptial agreements, child support, etc. Even the lawyers and judges have to research the pertinent laws for each and every case, because no two cases or state laws are the same.

Have you ever stepped foot in a US family court? If so who many hours total have you spent in family court? How much have you paid a family court lawyer?

Yes, due to my working ten years in The Domestic Violence Unit of our local police department. Rarely a day passed when I or one of my colleagues was not in family court. And no, I haven't had the pleasure of paying a family court lawyer. Btw...depending on your income and state funding, you could have a court-appointed lawyer represent you, regarding divorce proceedings and child custody and support issues.

Many spouses have attempted to kill the other spouses and gotten away with it, many. Watch Snapped once in a while.

Many spouses have killed their spouses and rarely got away with it. Don't you read the newspapers or watch the news? Where do you think the stories on Snapped come from? Real life brought to the television screen.

The only thing that truly differs and that relates to this discussion is "community property state", some states are exempt from that but that doesn't mean that the owning spouse doesn't have to forfeit some preowned property. I know Nairalanders live to argue points that they are only peripherally familiar with so this advice is not for you. For others, before getting married, go and spend an hour in a family court and see what goes on in there. On your second point "it depends on which U.S state you live in that will determine what is yours before marriage remains yours" you are again wrong. Prenuptial agreement as well as well documented ownerships of property pre marriage has long been recognized in all US states. Again this doesn't mean that the owning spouse gets away scott free but deals can be made to protect some properties and yield some.

According to Lawyers.com...

Property "owned" by only one spouse usually won't be part of the property division in the divorce. Cars, boats and houses that have only the name of one spouse on them may be considered the separate property of that spouse.

Separate property typically includes:
•Property that was bought or acquired by one spouse before the marriage
•Property that was inherited by one spouse or was a gift to one spouse, even if the inheritance or gift happened during the marriage
•Businesses owned prior to marriage or living together
•Pension proceeds of either spouse that vested prior to marriage

Read more here:

http://family-law.lawyers.com/divorce/divorce-and-dividing-assets.html
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/separate-community-property-during-marriage-29921.html
http://www.lawny.org/index.php/family-self-help-140/other-family-law-self-help-75/107-what-happens-to-property-after-a-divorce

When you re faced with $200 per hour lawyer bill most spouses become reasonable.

Attorney fees aren't the only things divorcing couples face.

How Much Does the Average Divorce Really Cost?

The real cost of divorce can come from not understanding the financial consequences of a settlement. "Hidden taxes, underperforming investments, depreciating assets and a budget that cannot withstand the pressures of inflation will cause people to literally go bankrupt as a result of divorce," says Rosemary Frank. "The cost of an attorney, or court costs, pale by comparison."

Read more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/galtime/how-much-does-the-average_b_3360433.html

I am happy for you as I can tell that your are naive in a divorce way and I pray that it remains so for you. You impress me as the type of person that will be stripped naked in court because you believe that family court is fair.

Oh please! You can't tell anything of the sort. You just want me to be who you want me to be...but I'm not.

From my experience, those who think family court is unfair are those who don't or can't hire good lawyers. Unfortunately, good lawyers cost and the average person seeking a divorce may find it difficult to pay for one.

Anyways...divorce can be messy, nasty and downright expensive. But to some, it's a blessing in disguise - no matter the cost.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 12, 2014
zboyd:

I beg to differ. If you were well-versed in family court, then you would know that over here, all 50 states and their territories are not identical, when it comes to divorce, child custody, division of assets, prenuptial agreements, child support, etc. Even the lawyers and judges have to research the pertinent laws for each and every case, because no two cases or state laws are the same.

What we have here is a difference of opinions.

I am comfortable with my direct experiences and those of people whose opinions I respect, not Googled data from unverified sources.

PS: I've had at least three Attorneys clients, one of who is a Per Diem family court Judge.

Good day.
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 12, 2014
Soem slight off topic readings for those that may be interested in understanding what I meant by making the American Family COurt system partly culpable.

============================================================

(CNN) -- It's another one of those "you can't make this kind of stuff up" stories.

A New Jersey high school senior sued her parents, accusing them of tossing her out of the family home when she turned 18 and refusing to pay for her private high school and college education.

In a lawsuit, Rachel Canning of Lincoln Park, New Jersey, asked a court to have her parents pay the outstanding tuition for her private high school, pay her living and transportation expenses for the foreseeable future, use money from an existing college fund to pay for at least some of her college education, and pay her legal bills.

At a hearing Tuesday in New Jersey State Superior Court, a judge denied the request for high school tuition and current living expenses. Another hearing will be held in April to deal with the other issues in the suit, including college costs.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/05/living/nj-teen-sues-parents-for-college-education/

================================================================

Neither Michael Ricci nor Maura McGarvey have seen their daughter outside of a courtroom in two years, but [b]a New Jersey judge ruled this week that the divorced couple must now pay thousands toward her college tuition at an out-of-state schoo[/b]l.

Caitlyn Ricci, 21, filed a lawsuit against her parents in 2013, shortly after she moved out of her mother's house, 6 ABC Action News reports. That October, a judge ordered her parents to help her pay for college tuition at Gloucester County College, a public New Jersey school, as long as Caitlyn applied for possible loans and scholarships.

The parents said Caitlyn didn't follow through on her part, so they never paid. Over the summer, Caitlyn transferred to Temple University, an out-of-state school in Philadelphia, Philly.com reports.

When she brought the case back to court in 2014, the tuition bills increased substantially because of Caitlyn's new school. Caitlyn's lawyer told Philly.com that the annual tuition bill totals $26,000. On Thursday, a judge ordered the parents to pay $16,000 a year toward that tuition.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/11/student_sues_parents_college_tuition_caitlyn_ricci.html
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by zboyd: 1:36am On Dec 12, 2014
CityNG:

What we have here is a difference of opinions.

I am comfortable with my direct experiences and those of people whose opinions I respect, not Googled data from unverified sources.

PS: I've had at least three Attorneys clients, one of who is a Per Diem family court Judge. Good day.

I beg to differ.

What we really have is different experiences.

I'm also comfortable with my decade of directly working within the family court system. As for Googled data from unverified sources, just where do you think Google acquires its information - out of thin air? And how can a source be unverified? Google is just another tool used to gather information for those who need it. Of course, those who want to know certain things could trek down to their local library. But why...when the info you need is right at your fingertips?
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Nobody: 1:46am On Dec 12, 2014
zboyd:

I beg to differ.

What we really have is different experiences.

I'm also comfortable with my decade of directly working within the family court system. As for Googled data from unverified sources, just where do you think Google acquires its information - out of thin air? And how can a source be unverified? Google is just another tool used to gather information for those who need it. Of course, those who want to know could trek down to their local library. But why...when the info you need is right at your fingertips?

I'm savvy enough to take with a grain of salt anything from any source out on the internet, especially when I know that it's invalid based on my own personal research. That's just the cut of my jib and I offer no apologies for that.

This is not a bash on the web, but in the information technology industry we have a saying "garbage in, garbage out", Google only reports what is fed into it.

But I digress.
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by zboyd: 4:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
CityNG:
Soem slight off topic readings for those that may be interested in understanding what I meant by making the American Family COurt system partly culpable.

============================================================

(CNN) -- It's another one of those "you can't make this kind of stuff up" stories.

A New Jersey high school senior sued her parents, accusing them of tossing her out of the family home when she turned 18 and refusing to pay for her private high school and college education.

In a lawsuit, Rachel Canning of Lincoln Park, New Jersey, asked a court to have her parents pay the outstanding tuition for her private high school, pay her living and transportation expenses for the foreseeable future, use money from an existing college fund to pay for at least some of her college education, and pay her legal bills.

At a hearing Tuesday in New Jersey State Superior Court, a judge denied the request for high school tuition and current living expenses. Another hearing will be held in April to deal with the other issues in the suit, including college costs.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/05/living/nj-teen-sues-parents-for-college-education/

================================================================

Neither Michael Ricci nor Maura McGarvey have seen their daughter outside of a courtroom in two years, but a New Jersey judge ruled this week that the divorced couple must now pay thousands toward her college tuition at an out-of-state school.

Caitlyn Ricci, 21, filed a lawsuit against her parents in 2013, shortly after she moved out of her mother's house, 6 ABC Action News reports. That October, a judge ordered her parents to help her pay for college tuition at Gloucester County College, a public New Jersey school, as long as Caitlyn applied for possible loans and scholarships.

The parents said Caitlyn didn't follow through on her part, so they never paid. Over the summer, Caitlyn transferred to Temple University, an out-of-state school in Philadelphia, Philly.com reports.

When she brought the case back to court in 2014, the tuition bills increased substantially because of Caitlyn's new school. Caitlyn's lawyer told Philly.com that the annual tuition bill totals $26,000. On Thursday, a judge ordered the parents to pay $16,000 a year toward that tuition.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/11/student_sues_parents_college_tuition_caitlyn_ricci.html

UPDATES:

Judge Rules Against NJ Teen Suing Parents

MORRIS PLAINS, N.J. - A New Jersey couple does not have to pay for their 18-year-old daughter's college education.

More here: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nj-teen-sues-parents-claims-they-kicked-her-out/'

NOTE: If you want, read the comments. They are quite interesting.

New Jersey teen who sued parents for financial support returns home

More here: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/12/new-jersey-teen-who-sued-parents-returns-home/
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
zboyd:

UPDATES:

Judge Rules Against NJ Teen Suing Parents

MORRIS PLAINS, N.J. - A New Jersey couple does not have to pay for their 18-year-old daughter's college education.

More here: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nj-teen-sues-parents-claims-they-kicked-her-out/'

NOTE: If you want, read the comments. They are quite interesting.

New Jersey teen who sued parents for financial support returns home

More here: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/12/new-jersey-teen-who-sued-parents-returns-home/

The updates are a non sequitur and already included in the original clippings.

The intent of the link is to show the idiocy of the corrupt American family court which these stories show.

Any sane judge in a non family court would have probably thrown the case right out of court right from the onset. This just bolsters my position to show that the system is moral damaged if it would allow a teenager to sue her parents for school fees.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by zboyd: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
CityNG:

The updates are a non sequitur and already included in the original clippings.

The intent of the link is to show the idiocy of the corrupt American family court which these stories show.

Any sane judge in a non family court would have probably thrown the case right out of court right from the onset. This just bolsters my position to show that the system is moral damaged if it would allow a teenager to sue her parents for school fees.

First, the updates were given to show how arbitrary the American family court can be. One glaring oddity of family court laws/rules/etc. is that some contain little or no common sense. Yet why are they there and referenced in family court? Liberals! The liberal philosophy is alive and present, especially when it comes to children. In such cases the family judge's ruling may or may not benefit the parent/s.

Btw...that teen is nothing more than a spoiled brat with a sense of entitlement. Even when these kids misbehave, they still feel their entitled for this or that. They're everywhere over here.

Second, while I'll agree that there is indeed idiocy and corruption in the American family court, there is almost always an opportunity to appeal your case, under the same judge or a different judge in a different court, with a different lawyer, to get a another ruling. That's what the first video shows.

Third, the same American family court that you mock and claim is rife with idiocy and corruption has been of great benefit to some of your fellow Nigerians in America, especially the men. And while it's true that the American family court has traditionally favored women, the tide is slowly turning for men, thanks to fathers' rights groups, media coverage, political activists and lobbyists who are challenging questionable rulings that violate a father's rights and pressing for the removal of unethical family judges from the bench.

But think on this, without the assistance of the American family court, some Nigerian men in America...

...wouldn't be able to see their children, after a separation or divorce, due to the shenanigans of bitter and vindictive GFs and wives
...wouldn't have the opportunity to have their child support payments lowered, due to the loss of a percentage of their income
...wouldn't be able to sue women for the return of child support paid for a child who was later found not to be his own
...wouldn't have the opportunity to file against a GF or wife as an unfit mother
...wouldn't be able to gain full or part custody of his children and receive child support

Fourth, you speak of the idiocy and corruption within the American family court but what of Nigeria's family court? Isn't idiocy and corruption present, even more than in the American family court? Are women treated fairly? Do you think they feel cheated when the family court judge rules against them?

In any family court, there will always be a winner or loser.

Such is life!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
zboyd:

But think on this, without the assistance of the American family court, some Nigerian men in America...

...wouldn't be able to see their children, after a separation or divorce, due to the shenanigans of bitter and vindictive GFs and wives
...wouldn't have the opportunity to have their child support payments lowered, due to the loss of a percentage of their income
...wouldn't be able to sue women for the return of child support paid for a child who was later found not to be his own
...wouldn't have the opportunity to file against a GF or wife as an unfit mother
...wouldn't be able to gain full or part custody of his children and receive child support

I didn't go through family court system in Nigeria so again I cannot speak on that, I only speak on what I have a direct and personal experience with.

For the things you mentioned above, a lot of them were caused and enabled by the family court system. Before the advent of the modern family court system, americans were able to have good responsible families.

PS: One thing I would say is this, there are differences between the opinions of people depending on their involvement within the system:

Are you a paid civil servant who doesn't care and "in the best interest of the child" is just a slogan?
Are you a Judge who gets kicked back based on children that you send to juvenile jails ran by private companies?
Are you a District Attorney who is only interested in getting the matching funds from the feds based on the amount of child support ordered?
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by zboyd: 9:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
CityNG:

I didn't go through family court system in Nigeria so again I cannot speak on that, I only speak on what I have a direct and personal experience with.

For the things you mentioned above, a lot of them were caused and enabled by the family court system. Before the advent of the modern family court system, americans were able to have good responsible families.

PS: One thing I would say is this, there are differences between the opinions of people depending on their involvement within the system:

Are you a paid civil servant who doesn't care and "in the best interest of the child" is just a slogan?
Are you a Judge who gets kicked back based on children that you send to juvenile jails ran by private companies?
Are you a District Attorney who is only interested in getting the matching funds from the feds based on the amount of child support ordered?

You say you speak from personal experience, yet you're painting the whole American family court system black.

This country was built on the premise that children were best brought up their mothers. Past laws reflected this mindset, so that's the reason women were usually granted full custody of their kids - could decide if and when the father could see them - could move out of the city, state or country - could just 'disappear' - never to be seen again. America still has good, responsible families. You just have to know where to find them.

Paid civil servants have certain rules and regulations they must follow to the letter. They just can't arbitrarily make decisions or hand down judicial rulings. They are constantly being watched and audited. Any civil servant who dares breaks the rules or is involved in unethical behavior is eventually found out, asked/forced to resign, pay fines or prosecuted. There's rarely a day when another snake-in-the-grass is flushed out and publicized, thanks to the media.
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 14, 2014
zboyd:

You say you speak from personal experience, yet you're painting the whole American family court system black.

This country was built on the premise that children were best brought up their mothers. Past laws reflected this mindset, so that's the reason women were usually granted full custody of their kids - could decide if and when the father could see them - could move out of the city, state or country - could just 'disappear' - never to be seen again. America still has good, responsible families. You just have to know where to find them.

Paid civil servants have certain rules and regulations they must follow to the letter. They just can't arbitrarily make decisions or hand down judicial rulings. They are constantly being watched and audited. Any civil servant who dares breaks the rules or is involved in unethical behavior is eventually found out, asked/forced to resign, pay fines or prosecuted. There's rarely a day when another snake-in-the-grass is flushed out and publicized, thanks to the media.

Yes, I speak from my OWN personal experience, not yours or one that may be popular and I offer no apologies.

There's a clear difference between a civil servant that violates the law and one that operates and performs duties and obligations with compassion. As an example, when you clearly have broken traffic laws, a LEO can arrest you, give you a ticket, give you a written warning ticket or a verbal warning. So yes other civil servants operate with compassion without violating the laws.

I belong on a social forum where family law clerks and child support advocates routinely share the in and outs of the system. Many whistleblowers have also come out of those agencies.

The American family court system is a failure and I am not alone with this opinion. While we will continue this back and forth, I hope that you know you will never change my opinion (just in case that is your interest) as admittedly you're embedded in the system as an employee and not a client so our viewpoints will always be different.
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by zboyd: 1:47am On Dec 15, 2014
CityNG:

Yes, I speak from my OWN personal experience, not yours or one that may be popular and I offer no apologies.

There's a clear difference between a civil servant that violates the law and one that operates and performs duties and obligations with compassion. As an example, when you clearly have broken traffic laws, a LEO can arrest you, give you a ticket, give you a written warning ticket or a verbal warning. So yes other civil servants operate with compassion without violating the laws.

I belong on a social forum where family law clerks and child support advocates routinely share the in and outs of the system. Many whistleblowers have also come out of those agencies.

The American family court system is a failure and I am not alone with this opinion. While we will continue this back and forth, I hope that you know you will never change my opinion (just in case that is your interest) as admittedly you're embedded in the system as an employee and not a client so our viewpoints will always be different.

Your own personal experiences can't speak for others' experiences with the American family court system.

You say you "belong on a social forum where family law clerks and child support advocates routinely share the in and outs of the systems. Many whistleblowers have also come out of those agencies".

Do you remember me saying that paid civil servants are being constantly watched and audited? They are. How do you think the American family court system improves itself and rids itself of internal corruption?

I'm not trying to change your mind - only giving you the other side of the story.

If your bitterness weren't so apparent, you would see this.

And I don't have to be a client to recognize unfairness in the American family court system or any other of America's court system.

But I still maintain that some of your fellow Nigerians in America, especially the men, don't share your feelings and are grateful as hell such a court system was in place, when they so desperately needed it.

P.S. If you had carefully read my earlier response, I stated that I worked (past tense) in an agency where I was in and out of the American family court almost every day - not now.

It's past time to get that monkey off your back - not healthy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by Nobody: 1:52am On Dec 15, 2014
zboyd:

Your own personal experiences can't speak for others' experiences with the American family court system.

It's past time to get that monkey off your back - not healthy.

Exactly and this is why it's called a personal experience and not group experience.

I have mo monkey on my back (this is usually what people say when they have no more valid opposing arguments to make) thanks for your selfless concern though. Now, while we're on the matters of giving unrequested personal advices, unto you I advice you to remove your head from the sand that you've firmly implanted it on.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some readings for others who have an open mind on what is really going on and why this thread exists.

Has the American Family Court System Become Totalitarian?
http://familyinamerica.org/journals/fall-2009/has-american-family-court-system-become-totalitarian/#.VI4xCYtH1E4

Diane Dimond: America’s Family Court System is Failing
http://www.noozhawk.com/article/diane_dimond_our_family_court_fiasco_20130817/comments

Divorce Corp: Why the American Family-Court System is Broken
http://reason.com/blog/2014/04/21/divorce-corp-why-the-american-family-cou

Don’t Let Family Court Defraud You!
http://www.fclu.org

Just a very small sample of whats available on the internet to see the epidemic that is the American Family Court.
Re: Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos ) by zboyd: 2:06am On Dec 15, 2014
CityNG:

Exactly and this is why it's called a personal experience and not group experience. I have mo monkey on back thanks for your selfless concern. Now, while we're on the matters of giving unrequested personal advices, unto you I advice you to remove your head from the sand that you've firmly implanted it on.

So, because the American family court didn't rule in your favor, it's full of idiots and corruption, according to you.

So be it!

The more you write - the more you reveal.

Btw...If my head was in the sand, how would I know of the fair and just rulings some Nigerian men received in the American family court? Not everyone wins or loses, even if they deserve it.

Such is life!

Re: Your Links

There are always two sides of a story.

Corruption in Family Court doesn't stop with a judge or a lawyer-a mother says

Robin Karr-a Kentucky mother of three-who lost custody of her two younger children when a Texas judge labeled her borderline, and issued a restraining order against her, says that corruption in the family law does not stop with a judge or a lawyer; it extends to social workers and organizations such as a father’s rights group in Dallas TX.

See more here: http://www.examiner.com/article/corruption-family-court-doesn-t-stop-with-a-judge-or-a-lawyer-a-mother-says

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Arrests UNIBEN Graduate, 3 Others For Shooting Police, Robbing / Police Foil Robbery Attack At Zenith Bank In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Killers Of The Sales Girl In Ughelli Caught And Mobbed To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.