Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

FTS Sports News - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FTS Sports News (645 Views)

Sports Channel On Bbm For The Latest Transfer Updates And Sports News / Sports News: Arsenal Theo Walcott Out For Six Months / Sports News Sites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FTS Sports News by lanregidi: 10:38pm On Dec 10, 2014
Boateng Wants To Be Germany's First Black Captain

Bayern Munich defender, Jerome Boateng, believes he has what it takes to become Germany's first black captain.
Following their World Cup triumph in July, Philipp Lahm retired from international football and the Bastian Schweinsteiger was named as the new captain.
And Boateng, who was part of the 2014 team in Brazil, hopes to lead Die Mannschaft out onto the pitch in the future.

“I had it briefly on my arm during an international, but it would be something completely different to be allowed to lead the team onto the pitch. The coach sees that I’m not someone who shouts his head off on the pitch, but takes leadership with his performances," Boateng told Bundesliga Buzz.
“Besides, it shouldn’t actually matter what colour a person’s skin is, I see myself as German and like to show that.”
The Bayern defender has already notched up 50 appearances for the national side and briefly wore the armband in the side's 4-1 loss to Argentina in a friendly.

http://ftssports..com/2014/12/boateng-wants-to-be-germanys-first.html

Re: FTS Sports News by lanregidi: 10:39pm On Dec 10, 2014
Mourinho Reveals Secret Behind Chelsea’s Success

Chelsea boss, Jose Mourinho, revealed the secret behind his side’s unbeaten start to the Premier League campaign.
The Portuguese insisted that his players don’t care about individual awards and just want to progress as a team.

"I think a good quality of our team is exactly that we don't care about it (individual praise),” he told reporters, as quoted by the Daily Star.
"We just care about the team, about the result, about the table, about our collective ambitions.

"We don't have space for selfish people. We don't have space for egocentric people. We don't have space for people who think more about themselves than the team.
"I think this is a great quality for us.
"Obviously we like very, very much to have someone voted player of the month or have somebody score the goal of the week - these little things that for some are big things but for us are small things."
Mourinho also believes Chelsea’s style of play has improved and his side don’t just win games, but do it with flair.
"What we want is to win matches, play well, make people realise that we play not just to get a result but to reach a certain level of quality of our game,” he added.
"We are happy with the results. We are happy that people are saying Chelsea is playing flair football more than ever. That's our whole objective. We are a team."
Chelsea have won 11 games and drawn three in their unbeaten start to the new Premier League campaign. They next travel to Newcastle on Saturday.

http://ftssports..com/2014/12/mourinho-reveals-secret-behind-chelseas.html

Re: FTS Sports News by lanregidi: 10:41pm On Dec 10, 2014
Suarez: I Didn’t Come To Barca To Assist Messi

Barcelona striker, Luis Suarez, says he came to Barcelona to score goals rather than simply assist Lionel Messi and Neymar.

Suarez has notched five assists in six La Liga matches, and, while he stressed that results are more important than his personal tally, he also admitted he would prefer to be scoring goals rather than setting them up.

"It's very easy playing alongside Messi, I enjoy playing with Messi." he told ESPN.

"Obviously being a forward I would like to score more goals. But while the team does well there is no problem. It is incredible to play alongside the best player in the world. His style of play benefits the team.

"We do not play only for Messi, though, we play for each other and we know that other players can make a difference, such as as Messi, Neymar and Andres Iniesta. These are footballers that can give you confidence when playing with them.

"I'd rather us win 5-0 and I do not score, than us win 2-0 and I score. If you win while scoring goals then you leave happy, but the most important thing is always the team, I do not think just of me.

"I'm used to being the main goalscorer, but I also always like to help. But I also know that I came here to score goals not only give assists.

"I came here because I scored many goals in my career and especially at Liverpool, but luckily I am not alone in this, I have players at my side capable of deciding a game and make a difference."

http://ftssports..com/2014/12/suarez-i-didnt-come-to-barca-to-assist.html

(1) (Reply)

The School Of Football / Mourinho: Bale Is Wrong. La Liga Not The Best / Mikel Wins African Player Of December Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.