Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:56 PM

Gen. Buhari's Touching Speech To The APC Delegates. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Buhari's Touching Speech To The APC Delegates. (795 Views)

Edo 2016: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Ogiemwonyi Tells APC Delegates / Gov Wike's Horror Speech To His Opponents In The Upcoming Rivers Election(video) / Checkout General Buhari's Touching Messages On Insecurity And Baga Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gen. Buhari's Touching Speech To The APC Delegates. by Zikdik(m): 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2014
My Dear Delegates,
As you gather for our convention, please remember
that history, change and the hopes of Nigeria are
there with you. They are there to ask you to
perform according to your best judgment and
patriotic conscience. I also ask you to do the
same.
We seek a new Nigeria. It starts with us. It starts
today. I have placed myself before you seeking
your help to nominate me as your standard bearer
for our progressive party, APC.
Personal ambition does not drive me in this
regard. I seek to be the next president of our
beloved nation because I believe I have something
to offer Nigeria at this time of multiple crises.
Insecurity, corruption, and economic collapse have
brought the nation low. Time is past due that we
work together to lift Nigeria up. I am ready to lead
Nigeria to its rightful future.
I have always served Nigeria to the best of my
ability.
I have always tried to give more to the nation than
it has given me. This is the principle of service
that has guided my public life. Thus, I am not a
rich person. I can’t give you a pocketful of dollars
or naira to purchase your support. Even if I could, I
would not do so. The fate of this nation is not up
for sale.
What I will give you, and this nation is all of my
strength, commitment, sweat and toil in the service
of the people. What I can give you is my all.
I do not intend to rule Nigeria. I want to
democratically govern it with your help. I seek a
Nigeria where Christians and Muslims may
practise their faiths in peace and security; a
Nigeria that is just and where corruption no longer
trespasses into our institutions and national
behavior and a Nigeria where our diversity could
be used for our national prosperity.
Nigeria is our home. Let us now turn it into the
great nation we know it can and should be.
http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/10/full-text-buharis-letter-delegates-apc-national-convention/

5 Likes

Re: Gen. Buhari's Touching Speech To The APC Delegates. by smsshola(m): 11:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
Jus op u win...
Re: Gen. Buhari's Touching Speech To The APC Delegates. by dryakson(m): 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
Don't worry General, you're already there insha Allah... In Jesus name.

"I can't give you a pocket full of dollars or naira to purchase your support "..
It touches my soul

3 Likes

Re: Gen. Buhari's Touching Speech To The APC Delegates. by Sigoal(m): 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
GMB till 2023

1 Like

Re: Gen. Buhari's Touching Speech To The APC Delegates. by surgecom(m): 11:12pm On Dec 10, 2014
Jonathan said more than all these, today he is using his shoes to step on our toes. We need more than talking... we want action.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Buhari's Touching Speech To The APC Delegates. by holard07(m): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
We are watching...
Re: Gen. Buhari's Touching Speech To The APC Delegates. by SIRKOL(m): 11:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
Mtcheew #story 4 d gods of Olamide# u knew all these yet when u were a military leader u were so incompetent that u needed Idiaghbon to oversee evth. Now u feel as a civilian leader wif limited power which is under check, u can do beta? Anyway we know what A.p.c is, Another political Criminals. But wait after 2019, try again! U who promise to mk 9ja ungovernable u still hv d gots 2 make such a touching speech. HYPOCRITE!

1 Like

Re: Gen. Buhari's Touching Speech To The APC Delegates. by Zakkyoz: 11:16pm On Dec 10, 2014
God will see you through in Jesus' name

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Goodluck Jonathan Without Shoes By Ken Oloye? / El-rufai To Buhari: "You Are Too Old For Power" [archived] / What Are The Perks Of Former Nigerian Presidents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.