Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Discuss: Black Americans Do Not Have A Language - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Discuss: Black Americans Do Not Have A Language (9475 Views)

What's The Difference Between A Language And A Dialect???? / Why Do Africans Look At Black Americans As A Source Of Shame? / Are Africans Proud Of Black Americans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discuss: Black Americans Do Not Have A Language by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

You just reminded me of a part in the movie where they talked about Mansa Musa of the Mali empire and Moctezuma I of the Aztec empire being the same person, despite the fact that they lived at least 61 years apart!!!!! And people lap it up.

.......*slams head against wall*.

Whoa... Didn't see that part in the movie!!! shocked shocked shocked

The thing I really hate about stuff like Hidden Colors is Eurocentrics can now use it as a scapegoat against us conscious blacks and TRUE Africanist to deflate our arguments. They do it all the time, especially the times I engaged Eurocentrics in arguments. As a black person they automatically assume my argument is made up of fairy tales that shouldn't be taken seriously.

But they soon lose that thinking with I should them bone hard peer viewed evidence...
Re: Discuss: Black Americans Do Not Have A Language by Supper: 1:59am On Jan 12, 2015
KidStranglehold:

Whoa... Didn't see that part in the movie!!! shocked shocked shocked

The thing I really hate about stuff like Hidden Colors is Eurocentrics can now use it as a scapegoat against us conscious blacks and TRUE Africanist to deflate our arguments. They do it all the time, especially the times I engaged Eurocentrics in arguments. As a black person they automatically assume my argument is made up of fairy tales that shouldn't be taken seriously.

But they soon lose that thinking with I should them bone hard peer viewed evidence...

Exactly that's basically what it comes down to, at the end of the day- Who's sources are accredited either by being primary data or peer-reviewed secondary data. And eurocentrics hardly have room to talk with their race theories and appropriation of ancient Aryan cutlure and symbols from non-european people, used to create some "faux-aryan race".

Also, there was a part in Hidden Colors where Phil valentine tries to say that the "Big Ben" clock in London was named after Benjamin Banneker. lol

3 Likes

Re: Discuss: Black Americans Do Not Have A Language by RandomAfricanAm: 7:06am On Jan 18, 2015
KidStranglehold:
@RandomAfricanAm

Still waiting for the PM. Just letting you know. smiley

Ok I've sent it. It's one huge data dump. I have to put it all in order and also read over a lot of it to make sure the sources actually support what it is I'm saying. Nothing worse then writing something that your very own sources contradict.

shocked cool

1 Like

Re: Discuss: Black Americans Do Not Have A Language by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
RandomAfricanAm:

Ok I've sent it. It's one huge data dump. I have to put it all in order and also read over a lot of it to make sure the sources actually support what it is I'm saying. Nothing worse then writing something that your very own sources contradict.

shocked cool

THANKS BRO!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Appreciate it.
Re: Discuss: Black Americans Do Not Have A Language by TerryCarr(m): 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
the Aztecs were not black hell they were not even iron age

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whole Ondo State Was Under Benin Kingdom Except OWO / Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State / PHOTOS: Abiriiba And Ogori Virginity Dance (viewers Discretion Is Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.