Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,900 members, 7,806,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Does FREE Always Mean CHEAP? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Does FREE Always Mean CHEAP? (391 Views)

How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx / What Does 009 + Nigerian Poastal Code Mean / Facebook Cloned (and By Clone, I Mean Exact Duplicate) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does FREE Always Mean CHEAP? by osile2012: 9:02am On Dec 11, 2014
[size=15pt]Most developers on microsoft platforms asp.net etc look down on PHP developers, claiming that php and mysql are free therefore they are cheap and insecure full of bugs. Because they have a big name associated with their platform they feel superior, claiming that MSSQL is more robust and secure and has the support of microsoft so your client will be more relaxed knowing that Microsoft got their back.

They also claim php is easy and for beginners. But i think security depends totally on the developer and the practices engaged in during development. Mysql also have enterprise versions that are paid for as well. If mysql was cheap why would all mighty oracle be so scared of it that they had to acquire the company behind mysql ?

As far as web application is concerned, i dont think that there is any application developed by asp.net that cant be developed using php and mysql.
[/size]
Re: Does FREE Always Mean CHEAP? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 11, 2014
Gbagam. Ur head dey there

(1) (Reply)

Joomla 2.5 Is Officially Dead / Dollarbaze All Blog Code / Freelance Manager Software | Hugageek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.