Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer (2376 Views)

If You Were Imprisoned In A Room For 3 Months, Had A Computer With Internet..... / Difference Between Game Developer & Computer Programmer / What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer by Raychux23(m): 9:23am On Dec 11, 2014
Coding is the literacy of the 21st century. Time will come when the question are u a computer literate will literally mean can u code a computer?

The benefits of being a programmer is enormous and below ar few of them.

1. Problem solver: As a programmer you are definitely a good problem solver, I dn't need much talk on dis cos ur major task as a programmer is all abt problem solving.

2. Programming makes u think fast n sharp: The reason why mathematicians hv high IQ is simply because they mk more use of their brain in performing complex task and being a programming put u in d same league wit a mathematician.

3. It fun 2 code. Forget d idea that programming is hard n tedious, although that mayb right at a point especially wen u are jst venturing into d art. But after being use 2 d principle n application, that wen d fun part begins.

4. Be employed: If u really wnt 2 stay out of unemployment bcome a programmer. Programming is one job dat u rili dn't need uncle or daddy connection 2 get. Although I dn't speak in terms of connection not needed in d art but wat I mean is dat, it a job dat requires whoever is fit 4 it not jst a job 2 b filled by anyone.

5. Makes u rich: the nxt frontier in d millionaire or billionaire world ar programmers wit business orientation. I said d nxt frontier, yes cos we ar yet 2 hv programmers as billionaires here in Africa unlike d western world. So if u aim of being one in a less saturated atmosphere as that of Africa. Build up ur coding skill along wit ur business strategies.

6. Make money while sleeping: programming like entertainment cn mk u money even wen u ar sleeping. All u hv 2 do is build up a useful app n put it up 4 a fee in d open domain n watch it make u money on autopilot.

7. Ghost worker: wat do I mean by d word. It means exactly wat it says. Yes u cn wrk as a ghost wit jst only ur laptop wit an Internet connection. Wit jst these tools u cn b hire 2 do a job 4 somebody on anoda edge of d world n get paid bountifully. Also u simply cn wrk in an office and go there at ur own wish time. To knw more on this, ask bankers hw they feel abt d IT guys going n cming in as they wish, hmmm, do they envy? Jst ask. Becoming ghost also mk it possible 2 wrk even wen u ar far away on vacation.

8. Plausible delusion: if a project is taking longer time 2 finish n ur employer or client is gving u a knock on d screen, jst speak some jargon n he wil b wit u on d same page. Please dn't do this on purpose or liberally

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 11, 2014
They donno

1 Like

Re: Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer by Raychux23(m): 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2014
Programmers and others complain of topic dat hit front page dis days.

Dis reminds me of d famous programmers saying on Nairaland "Gossip topics wil continue making front page wen programmers write nothing 2 interest novice n likes"

With dis little point of mine, I task u 2 help mk dis topic hit fp

1 Like

Re: Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer by talk2hb1(m): 8:13am On Dec 12, 2014
All on point programming is intellectually challenging, programmers are logical, programmers dont cheat on their spouse grin
and again all programmers will go to Paradise grin grin grin grin
Re: Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer by elvongray: 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
Saying everyone should learn programming is like saying every one should become a medical doctor. Both occupations are very intellectually and financially rewarding. Programming should be something you venture into because you love it, not because there are a lot of opportunity in it. This is the same kind of mentality that pushed people in the past into occupations like Medicine, Engineering and so. In the past, if you were not doing any of this professions, you have not arrived.

1 Like

Re: Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer by Raychux23(m): 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
elvongray:
Saying everyone should learn programming is like saying every one should become a medical doctor. Both occupations are very intellectually and financially rewarding. Programming should be something you venture into because you love it, not because there are a lot of opportunity in it. This is the same kind of mentality that pushed people in the past into occupations like Medicine, Engineering and so. In the past, if you were not doing any of this professions, you have not arrived.

I do not meant everyone shld bcome a programmer..
I only put up some benefits 2 clear d doubt of those who hv flare 4 programming but do not see good enuf rson in becoming one

My little epistle is aim at shedding light on few of d benefits 2 dis dudes dat hv it in dem but do not think any good cn come out frm their choice

Ciao
Re: Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
Raychux23:

2. Programming makes u think fast n sharp: The rson y mathematicians hv high IQ is simply because they mk more uses of their brain in performing complex task

"High" IQ is really irrelevant to learning programming.

and being a programming put u in d same league wit a mathematician.

Nope.
Re: Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer by Raychux23(m): 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
Nathan2222:

"High" IQ is really irrelevant to learning programming.

Nope.

Bro I didn't mean u mst hv high IQ b4 venturing into programming but definitely, ur IQ wil increase as u engage ur brain in solving complex task

Also, being in d same league wit mathematicians is not meant by being able 2 solve n calculate complex math.
As a programmer, part of ur act is 2 be able 2 analyze n solve difficult problem.
Both mathematicians n programmers hv some characteristics in common

1 Like

Re: Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer by Nobody: 1:10am On Dec 13, 2014
Raychux23:

Bro I didn't mean u mst hv high IQ b4 venturing into programming but definitely, ur IQ wil increase as u engage ur brain in solving complex task

Apart from the fact that you should have made that clear, IQ is not a test of knowledge.

Also, being in d same league wit mathematicians is not meant by being able 2 solve n calculate complex math.

That's what a mathematician is.

As a programmer, part of ur act is 2 be able 2 analyze n solve difficult problem.
Both mathematicians n programmers hv some characteristics in common

True.
Re: Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 13, 2014
elvongray:
Saying everyone should learn programming is like saying every one should become a medical doctor.

You've missed the point.

Take writing for example, some people do it professionally i.e. as an occupation, some do it as a hobby. Point is, every literate person should be able to write.

Same thing with programming, every computer-literate person should know a thing or two about it, either professionally (like Google's employees) or just for the sake of knowing/as a hobby.
Re: Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer by Raychux23(m): 11:45am On Dec 13, 2014
Nathan2222:

You've missed the point.

Take writing for example, some people do it professionally i.e. as an occupation, some do it as a hobby. Point is, every literate person should be able to write.

Same thing with programming, every computer-literate person should know a thing or two about it, either professionally (like Google's employees) or just for the sake of knowing/as a hobby.

U nailed it bro. Good one there
Dis cn also b comprehend 2 d like of being a car owner, u dn't hv 2 b a full flag mechanic but u cn learn some few basics of fixing n putting up ur car in good shape e.g changing tire, monitoring n replacing oil n few other handy skills.

Hving basic understand of programming wil help individual in d future in a lot of ways even though they neither programmers nor IT prson's

1 Like

Re: Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer by paulenokels: 9:35am On Dec 14, 2014
I agree started programming a while ago, look wat i have created. Check out "Hookup Chat" - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.softenokels.Hookup
Re: Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer by moderatorr1: 7:54am On Mar 25, 2015
Programming is the best!

Re: Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer by uchdollar111: 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Github / How To Build A CMS! Freedom From Wordpress.. / How To Create Mobile Apps With Xamarin.Forms For iOS, Android, Windows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.