Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo (17950 Views)

MTN Fueled Boko Haram Insurgency - President Buhari / Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari / How I Would Have Handled Boko Haram - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by TheRealMrStan(m): 9:58am On Dec 11, 2014
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has blamed the Boko Haram insurgency ravaging some parts of northern Nigeria on the Niger Delta amnesty programme, even as he described the programme as a failure.

The ex-president also stated that President Goodluck Jonathan administration’s approach to curbing the activities of the Niger Delta militants “had taken the form of throwing money at the problem, particularly stuffing the pockets and bank of the militants’ leadership with obscene cash in reckless and unsustainable manner”.
These views were expressed by Mr. Obasanjo in his controversial autobiography, My Watch, a three-volume memoir, which was launched in Lagos Tuesday.

According to the outspoken former president, the way and manner in which the militants were enriched by the federal government fuelled the Boko Haram insurgents.
“The idea is that ‘what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander’. After that (Niger Delta amnesty programme) is accomplished, I suppose the Movement for Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) in the South-East will make their own demand, which of necessity must be heeded. And finally, Odua Peoples Congress (OPC) in the South-West will not be left out”, he stated.
Obasanjo also lashed out at his successor, late President Umaru Yar’Adua and the present administration on security under their watch, stressing that it was one of the things that “got me worried”.
Commenting on President Jonathan’s response to the abduction of schoolgirls in Chibok, Borno State, Obasanjo said “the one incident that overtly and graphically exposed the ineptitude, ineffectiveness, inefficiency, carelessness, cluelessness, callousness, insensitivity and selfishness of Goodluck Jonathan was the abduction of about 276 schoolgirls from Chibok in Borno State by Boko Haram.
“The reaction and attitude of our president and his household was that of non-belief, to the extent that 18 days passed before he grudgingly conceded to accept the reality of the abduction. If serious action had been taken within 48 hours, the story could have been different. Seventy-two hours was, for me, too late. After all, there would have been logistics required for moving almost 390 girls through the bush and small settlements by the Boko Haram”.

In the third volume of the book entitled ‘Now and Then’, Obasanjo described President Jonathan as a failure to the country.
He said: “After watching, reaching out to, studying, talking to and listening to the president himself and the people around him, I came, sadly, to a number of conclusions that mark Jonathan out as a man of adequate intelligence to run the affairs of Nigeria but lacking in broad vision, knowledge, confidence, understanding, concentration, capacity, sense of security, courage, moral and ethical principles, character and passion to move the nation forward on a fast trajectory”.

The former president also decried what he described as the selfish interest of Mr. Jonathan, saying he places his personal interest far above both national and party interests.

Referring to the 2011 general elections, the former PDP Board of Trustees (BoT) chairman claimed that heavy financial prices were paid to Lagos and Ondo states’ opposition to secure votes for President Jonathan against the interest of the PDP at the state levels.
“I had watched Jonathan and stood close to him in picking the national chairman of the party and chairman of board of trustees that succeeded me. What I saw and heard from him disgusted me to no end. Where Jonathan’s interests are concerned, there can be no decorum. Everything can be ‘rofo rofo’ and no party or national interests matter”.
He, however, restated his “unrepentant optimism” that Nigeria will once again remain united and regain its lost glory.
http://www.informationng.com/2014/12/obasanjos-autobiography-niger-delta-amnesty-programme-fuelled-boko-haram-insurgency.html

4 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by IJILEOduaMan: 9:59am On Dec 11, 2014
JUST PASSING BYE
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by SilentCrescendo: 9:59am On Dec 11, 2014
Dafuq.... I needs to get me that book. shocked
no wonder they were ordered to seize it, damn they just made the book a must read.

Reminds me of Professor Umbridge banning the Hogwarts students from reading Harry Potters interview in the papers. Student then had to read it. Reverse psychology bro. smiley

but Baba, why evils? cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by miqos04: 9:59am On Dec 11, 2014
yeah
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by ishiamu(m): 9:59am On Dec 11, 2014
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 11, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

http://www.informationng.com/2014/12/obasanjos-autobiography-niger-delta-amnesty-programme-fuelled-boko-haram-insurgency.html

Very true in his words

The Russian plane load with ammunitions,impounded by security personnel in kano & CAN president Ayo Oritsejafor's involvement in arms dealing, shows that the northern (militia) & the southern(militia) are battle ready if any of them looses to the other in 2015.

5 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by macpetrus(m): 9:59am On Dec 11, 2014
Am going to advise ObJ to stop talking. Obj is the primary cause of the problem in the Niger Delta, Obj killed and burn down a own village in Bayelsa State just because the villager refuse the oil worked from working, due to the damage cause by the oil spillage on their farm land.

Obj where are you when GEJ offer Amnesty to Boko harram.. I guess you are busy feeding you pig in ota Farm!

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by tspun(m): 9:59am On Dec 11, 2014
oh Really? These illegal aliens are criminals and we
need to treat them as such.
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by ddeola: 10:00am On Dec 11, 2014
Baba don come again o...
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by phransix147(m): 10:00am On Dec 11, 2014
I agree

#drones4mods
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Francon(f): 10:00am On Dec 11, 2014
They've called them for negotiation b4 but dem no gree! Why always OBJ?

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Sylvarresta(m): 10:00am On Dec 11, 2014
baba u re right...... Ftc thanks to the clueless one

2 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 11, 2014
But Niger delta militants weren't killing innocent civilians in the south, infact they fought for justice.

Why dem go carry our oil land give oyibo man

27 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by holatin(m): 10:00am On Dec 11, 2014
Amnesty to criminal breed more criminal

9 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Oildichotomy(m): 10:00am On Dec 11, 2014
We all knew from the onset , it was a pre-planned sect by some politicians to create chaos and get their own amnesty booty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 11, 2014
IJILEOduaMan:
F
f for fish

2 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by englishmart(m): 10:02am On Dec 11, 2014
that's not an excuse!

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by dre11(m): 10:02am On Dec 11, 2014
Old age is worry baba.......
Because Niger Delta militants weren't killing innocent individuals but where just holding people/oil workers into hostage for some ransome
But the Boko Haram guys are just killing for fun and on the basis of thier percieved religious beliefs

So,
How can you say that the amnesty is a failure.
This military personality is still with baba
Just like the times he had to level ODI land to ground zero.
Has that kind of approach did helped us.
I just don't get the rational where baba is coming from

18 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by kepal99(m): 10:02am On Dec 11, 2014
Ds old man should go and sleep. I just wouldn't pray for him 2 die. He'll live 2 c great changes in ds country b4 he dies

5 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by chriswopet(m): 10:02am On Dec 11, 2014
there's a reason America does not negotiate with terrorists.

7 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by born2fuckpussy: 10:02am On Dec 11, 2014
This OBJ na real spirit wey dey use acid clean nyansh,use alomo to drinks garri. Baba Tuale. You have spoken, person wey go die, make him check transformer at left edge of the corner of their street, hugs the tin and say goodluck to 2015

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by ZUBY77(m): 10:02am On Dec 11, 2014
Old man,

Should the president have started shooting his people just like you did at Odi, for the same oil that belong to their lands.

15 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Marvyx(m): 10:03am On Dec 11, 2014
"Me" , "i had", if he is so perfect, why didn't he give pick a more competent successor? He should on living a productive old age. My thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Obinoscopy(m): 10:03am On Dec 11, 2014
I totally agree with OBJ on this.

4 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by eleko1: 10:03am On Dec 11, 2014
sad sad sad I tire oooo.
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 11, 2014
locomotive222:
i dont agrree with u baba
Why?
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by tigonana: 10:05am On Dec 11, 2014
Sipping my origin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Uchwilliam(m): 10:06am On Dec 11, 2014
This man is unsensible and a big fool.

4 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 10:06am On Dec 11, 2014
Obj u got this one wrong,sharia brought it to fore cause it is in them

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 11, 2014
Baba kan ka bi Aje

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Tambuwal On Ministerial Nominee / Shittu Suspends Peter Jack, NITDA Boss Over “Misconduct” / Kano Bombers Disguised As Fruit Sellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.