Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab (23693 Views)

Girl Slammed For Flaunting Curves In Hijab / Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' / Girls Blasted For Exposing Cleavage In Hijab [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by yuncka: 10:47am On Dec 13, 2014
holatin:

Rapping with fools tend to makes you one. dats all
one last word.
Get a life dude.
Religion fanatic

I have a life, what about U? grin
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 10:48am On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

True that. Women need to cap it. Its a shame what some women put on. I strongly beleieve those goat headed ones should be made to clean gutters as punishment when caught. But I will not impose the hijab or impose a particular type of dress. Just make surr no bum or boobs or thighs or side boob is exposed same goes for men. No singlets, open chest or open legs outside the home.
even Islam doesn't impose ijab....... What it strongly recommend... Impose..... Is modesty
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by MalcoImX: 10:49am On Dec 13, 2014
muafrika:
Rapists are psychos. Ive seen many cases where kids as young as five are raped, kids excessively covered in their school uniforms.
Those hardly rape grown ups. Those are attracted to minors. They are pedo.philes.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by honeric01(m): 10:50am On Dec 13, 2014
muafrika:
Could the fact that our generation is generally more covered(Those exposing a lot are fewer, mostly limited to urban centers) have something to do with it?

@Ihedinobi2 @infomizer

Can you rephrase?
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Haywhymido(m): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2014
Take a walk in any university in nigeria n u will see pants of different sizes, though, dese ladies r wearing clothes. Dis is disgusting, must ur cloth be too tight to d extend of showing ur underwear lines or edges. People dat do dis kind of thing shd go n get a life. NONSENSE
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by webincomeplus(m): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
What do you mean proof pls? Do you know anything about these Muslim countries and their laws at all?
Don't answer a question with a question. Just give us proof to any online source of those laws. You people keep spreading hearsay and unsubstantiated information. Have you been to any of the countries yourself?
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 11:03am On Dec 13, 2014
MalcoImX:
Partly true. But I've heard of a man who divorced his wife on the belief that you can hardly rape a woman without her consenting. What do you say to this? At least, your argument is leaning towards the loose ones have also some capacity to defend themselves.

Dont get me wrong o. The loose ones cant deffend themselves they just dont have morals and rape is just another bad business for them. Most of them will not report rape esp those night crawlers.
As for the man, he is funny, if two men with arms and stone faces trap him and rape his ass, I will ask him why he gave consent.
I am not saying women should dress nakid. For their own safety they should dress up. but, to say a rapist wouldnt have rapped if the woman was wearing hijab is wrong. Most rapists will rape nuns and most rapes dont happen outside to girls who are half nakid, they happen to women where the women felt comfortable and safe irrespective of what she was wearing. The guys just take advantage of the fact that the woman is under his control. These days sha, gays have started raping men
too. lets wait and see if these male victims will say its their dressing that influenced the biology of an ordinary descent man to become a rapist.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

True that. Women need to cap it. Its a shame what some women put on. I strongly beleieve those goat headed ones should be made to clean gutters as punishment when caught. But I will not impose the hijab or impose a particular type of dress. Just make surr no bum or boobs or thighs or side boob is exposed same goes for men. No singlets, open chest or open legs outside the home.

This sums it all up. *thumbs up

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 13, 2014
honeric01:

Can you rephrase?
Could it be that men are tempted by scantily dressed women because they are not the norm. I mean, the highest percentage of women walking the streets are modest.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by MalcoImX: 11:18am On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

Dont get me wrong o. The loose ones cant deffend themselves they just dont have morals and rape is just another bad business for them. Most of them will not report rape esp those night crawlers.
As for the man, he is funny, if two men with arms and stone faces trap him and rape his ass, I will ask him why he gave consent.
I am not saying women should dress nakid. For their own safety they should dress up. but, to say a rapist wouldnt have rapped if the woman was wearing hijab is wrong. Most rapists will rape nuns and most rapes dont happen outside to girls who are half nakid, they happen to women where the women felt comfortable and safe irrespective of what she was wearing. The guys just take advantage of the fact that the woman is under his control. These days sha, gays have started raping men
too. lets wait and see if these male victims will say its their dressing that influenced the biology of an ordinary descent man to become a rapist.
Lol. OK, ok. At least we're beginning to agree. But come to think of it. Any 'man' who allows a homo to rape him shouldn't pass for a man. His case should be passed along with all those unreported female rape cases. Cos most men consider homos neither here nor there.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 11:24am On Dec 13, 2014
MalcoImX:
Lol. OK, ok. At least we're beginning to agree. But come to think of it. Any 'man' who allows a homo to rape him shouldn't pass for a man. His case should be passed along with all those unreported female rape cases. Cos most men consider homos neither here nor there.

Ha ha. Just pray not to be a victim bros. Karma is a bitch. Dont conclude when you do not know the circumstance surounding a persons situation. Even you can be a victim, only a hot slap from a gay egbe wager and his two partners in crime will put you straight in line. And KY jelly will do the rest. Only say shame nor go let you talk. You will swallow it and then, when people post links of where homo rapes are common, they will say it does not happen in naija not knowing that shame will not let naija men report tge matter to police.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Isiterere(m): 11:26am On Dec 13, 2014

The one that pained me and still paining me the most, is the nudeness in music videos. Should we call it promotion of the arts or killing of the art.

ALL IZZ WELL

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 11:28am On Dec 13, 2014
ypeace:
even Islam doesn't impose ijab....... What it strongly recommend... Impose..... Is modesty

What I see in pure Islamic countries say otherwise sir.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 11:30am On Dec 13, 2014
muafrika:
Rapists are psychos. Ive seen many cases where kids as young as five are raped, kids excessively covered in their school uniforms.
even though this post is not about rape. A rapist doesn't not develop the idea to rape in a day......... A rapist is likely to be the one from a society where people are not modest in their dressing. People act most times on what is on their mind, what is on the mind is greatly influenced by what we see......... A single act of rape is not necessarily a function of a single factor but most cases of rape is a function of the environment where the rapist came from......... An non modest environment practicing a non modest act such as dressing like a slut.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 11:32am On Dec 13, 2014
[quote author=Isiterere post=28841340][b]
The one that pained me and still paining me the most, is the nudeness in music videos. Should we call it promotion of the arts or killing of the art.

ALL IZZ WELL

Yeah, that. Women are lossing it o. Its a shame sha. See Tiwa and co. Even though I dont feel like raping them or feel sexually excited at their unclothedness I still wonder how women can make their bodies so cheap cos of fame and money. Those women gat no class.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by rhajaan(m): 11:36am On Dec 13, 2014
The best post in a very long time....#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 11:37am On Dec 13, 2014
ypeace:
even though this post is not about rape. A rapist doesn't not develop the idea to rape in a day......... A rapist is likely to be the one from a society where people are not modest in their dressing. People act most times on what is on their mind, what is on the mind is greatly influenced by what we see......... A single act of rape is not necessarily a function of a single factor but most cases of rape is a function of the environment where the rapist came from......... An non modest environment practicing a non modest act such as dressing like a slut.

I believe you mean to say, a man who has not seen or known about sex will not rape?
Ok, but to be frank, with you, once that man gets married and tastes the forbiden fruit, if he has that sadist trait in him, he will want to try out another woman and if she says no, he will rape her.
So, maybe not sexualizing the society will delay rape for a while, a rapist will soon start raping as soon as he beds a woman or sees a naked one. Its just a mater of time unless he dies young.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by honeric01(m): 11:41am On Dec 13, 2014
muafrika:
Could it be that men are tempted by scantily dressed women because they are not the norm. I mean, the highest percentage of women walking the streets are modest.

Yup, because they draw attention with the unusual dress-sense.. curiosity sets in and then comes the rest.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 11:43am On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

What I see in pure Islamic countries say otherwise sir.
I as a muslim do things that are not Islamic. What they do in islamic countries which is not supported in Islam does not make the act an Islamic act. Dress modestly, do not expose what would inspire unlawful desire in the opposite gender is the Islamic law. Imposing ijab as the only way of achieving this is the view of some Muslims and some muslim countries........... Because they impose, does it remove the fact that dressing modestly is not dangerous even if we agree it has no single advantage?

Finally, islamic law is not the constitution of muslim countries but simply Qur’an and hadith.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Infomizer(m): 11:46am On Dec 13, 2014
muafrika:
Could the fact that our generation is generally more covered(Those exposing a lot are fewer, mostly limited to urban centers) have something to do with it?

@Ihedinobi2 @infomizer
I don't think so. It just may be as a result of the more liberal society a lá freedom of expression. Just half a century ago, the western world (that we seem to emulate a lot) were as conservative as they get fashion-wise. And then, transformation began. The entertainment industry was a major change agent and the zeitgeist spread exponentially. The media teased the human mind with sexual imagery and idolized scanty dress styles. That's why I couldn't agree less with your initial post that cited the society of our grandparents. Even in the present day, less-exposed societies are equally guilty of exposure of body parts (See picture of a parent breastfeeding her child openly below). Yet, they don't bat an eyelid about indecent dressing. Their lives are completely normal. The media (in the hands of a very liberal individual) is the culprit here, for taking away the innocence of our minds. Maybe it wasn't the initial agenda, maybe they only wanted to liberate the mind, but it is now a global scourge. I'm for moderation in all things and expression shouldn't be exempted.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Habeebpain(m): 11:47am On Dec 13, 2014
ALISMILE:
please I want to find out if d season five of game of thrones is out?

Not until next year April I guess. You could try reading the books or seeing The Flash, Gotham or Marvel's Agents of Shield.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 11:47am On Dec 13, 2014
ypeace:
I as a muslim do things that are not Islamic. What they do in islamic countries which is not supported in Islam does not make the act an Islamic act. Dress modestly, do not expose what would inspire unlawful desire in the opposite gender is the Islamic law. Imposing ijab as the only way of achieving this is the view of some Muslims and some muslim countries........... Because they impose, does it remove the fact that dressing modestly is not dangerous even if we agree it has no single advantage?

Finally, islamic law is not the constitution of muslim countries but simply Qur’an and hadith.

Last time I checked the hijab was imposed by Islam. Now what was not clear is, if it should be only the hair and ears, only the whole body while the face is left open or if all the womans body should be robbed in the veil.( as in even after she has her kaftan or boubou on)
I never said dressing modestly was wrong, I have never for once argued that. All I said is, is the hijab the only way a woman can dress modestly? My answer is NO.
We have lots of nice dresses and styles our ladies can wear and look modestly covered. So, no need to impose the hijab on all our women.
Hijab is not a bad thing but insisting that a woman must wear it is what I do not fancy.

By the way, non muslims call any covering worn by a muslim woman hijab.

So you must forgive my use of the term as regards the female outer covering.

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by denigma2(m): 11:54am On Dec 13, 2014
This OP's experience is a typical experience of 'live with them & not read about them' to judge them. The rest of the world, even some Muslims thinks the use of correct hijab is oppression, enslavement and debasement of the Muslim woman.
The pros of covering up are numerous whereas it has no cons. Health, moral, societal and spiritual benefits result from covering up for females.
The reality is that most people just follow the crowds, the CNN, Fox News, BBC etc of this world when passing judgements . They fail to realise that our Creator knows what is best for us.
Can someone just state one benefit of exposing one's body to the world?
Unfortunately, most people would never experience what the OP went through and would still cling on to their erroneous stereotype of hijab being barbaric.
I implore the OP to explore other aspects of Islam to realise its beauty
Cheers
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 11:56am On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

I believe you mean to say, a man who has not seen or known about sex will not rape?
Ok, but to be frank, with you, once that man gets married and tastes the forbiden fruit, if he has that sadist trait in him, he will want to try out another woman and if she says no, he will rape her.
So, maybe not sexualizing the society will delay rape for a while, a rapist will soon start raping as soon as he beds a woman or sees a naked one. Its just a mater of time unless he dies young.
then that man is doing it because he has it in his gene. I doubt that anyway. But assuming it's true, does it remove the fact that improper dressing is part of what influences rape?
My answer is, its part of the factor.....
To what extent, I can't say.
Solution to this factor, everyone dress in a proper way. It
Other factors influencing rape : drugs, injustice etc...... Find cure to all this factors and see rape incident fall. But then denying the fact that dressing is not part of the factor is................. Coupled with the fact that ATLEAST it's not harmful to dress modestly.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2014
ypeace:
then that man is doing it because he has it in his gene. I doubt that anyway. But assuming it's true, does it remove the fact that improper dressing is part of what influences rape?
My answer is, its part of the factor.....
To what extent, I can't say.
Solution to this factor, everyone dress in a proper way. It
Other factors influencing rape : drugs, injustice etc...... Find cure to all this factors and see rape incident fall. But then denying the fact that dressing is not part of the factor is................. Coupled with the fact that ATLEAST it's not harmful to dress modestly.

No, I never denied that fact. I only said rapes dont always happen because the woman was half nakid.
But, I agree with you and have been agreeing with you since that women should dress modestly. I am also saying the hijab is not the only way a woman can dress modestly.
On the other hand, rapists should be duely punished too.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 12:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
[quote author=delishpot post=28841931

By the way, non muslims call any covering worn by a muslim woman hijab.

So you must forgive my use of the term as regards the female outer covering.

[/quote]

Because non muslim call all covering ijab does not make them ijab. We have niqob, etc. These are muslims styles, nun have theirs....... Anybody can have his or hers......... The word ijab doesn't appear in the quran. To say Islam forces modest dressing for muslim women is correct..... A bit crude anyway. To say it imposes what we all know as ijab is wrong. I have written this based on my knowledge on Islam, if you have any prove from the quran and hadith.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 12:14pm On Dec 13, 2014
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by MalcoImX: 12:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

Ha ha. Just pray not to be a victim bros. Karma is a bitch. Dont conclude when you do not know the circumstance surounding a persons situation. Even you can be a victim, only a hot slap from a gay egbe wager and his two partners in crime will put you straight in line. And KY jelly will do the rest. Only say shame nor go let you talk. You will swallow it and then, when people post links of where homo rapes are common, they will say it does not happen in naija not knowing that shame will not let naija men report tge matter to police.
How can? Guess your answer from this: I may agree with the man who divorced his wife, saying, hardly would a woman be raped without her consent.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 12:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
MalcoImX:
How can? Guess your answer from this: I may agree with the man who divorced his wife, saying, hardly would a woman be raped without her consent.

Ok agree with him. Its your choice to agree. If your sister is rapped or your wife or daughter, I hope you sing this same song to her and free her rapist.
Its your choice your world.

Your point is a woman cant be raped at all unless she allows the rapist. Lets wait and see. Lets wait and see how yours plays out.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 12:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

No, I never denied that fact. I only said rapes dont always happen because the woman was half nakid.
But, I agree with you and have been agreeing with you since that women should dress modestly. I am also saying the hijab is not the only way a woman can dress modestly.
On the other hand, rapists should be duely punished too.
fine. I think the purpose of this post is to encourage our muslim women to use the Islamic style... Ijab...... Rather than getting swept off by the tides of shorts, mini skirts etc which is common today. Portraying it as the only solution to rape, I myself do not agree to that..........

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 12:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

http://www.al-islam.org/hijab-muslim-womens-dress-islamic-or-cultural-sayyid-muhammad-rizvi/quran-and-hijab
what the link gave me is page loading........ Please provide one that would give me what I ll gain from. Curiously waiting. Thanks.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by MalcoImX: 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

Ok agree with him. Its your choice to agree. If your sister is rapped or your wife or daughter, I hope you sing this same song to her and free her rapist.
Its your choice your world.

Your point is a woman cant be raped at all unless she allows the rapist. Lets wait and see. Lets wait and see how yours plays out.
The culprit must pay. But I also expect the victims to put up a fight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences / Wat Cream Is Suitable For A Fair Complexioned Person / 27 Big Braids Hairstyles To Inspire Your Next "Do"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.