Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? (5862 Views)

What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba People / How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? / What Has Jonathan's Administration Achieved In One Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 11, 2014
Ndi igbo, can you name one thing jonathan has done for you people, for us??
The only road that leads to the east (asaba-onitsha express) is really bad at the entrance of the niger bridge and the last time I travelled there, I spent 4 hours driving through severe traffic jam due to the bad road.

Today, I asked my dad to name one thing jonathan did for the east and after thinking for a couple of minutes, he couldnt come up with one.

Please no one should name the second niger bridge becausd its still in its nascent stages.

So, I throw this question to ndi igbo on nairaland.... WHAT HAS JONATHAN DONE FOR THE IGBOS

Lets vote wisely.

8 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 11, 2014
icebeatz:
Ndi igbo, can you name one thing jonathan has done for you people, for us??
The only road that leads to the east (asaba-onitsha express) is really bad at the entrance of the niger bridge and the last time I travelled there, I spent 4 hours driving through severe traffic jam due to the bad road.

Today, I asked my dad to name one thing jonathan did for the east and after thinking for a couple of minutes, he couldnt come up with one.

Please no one should name the second niger bridge becausd its still in its nascent stages.

So, I throw this question to ndi igbo on nairaland.... WHAT HAS JONATHAN DONE FOR THE IGBOS

Lets vote wisely.

2015 is not about what Jonathan has done or has not done for the Igbos, it is about making a statement to some people that Nigeria belongs to all of us. No special group of people are born to rule while others are born to "siddon dey look." We cannot be terrrorized into handing over power to the core muslim north.

So my friend, 2015 is about making a statement and a bold point; NIGERIA MUST BE BALANCED!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by TechRev: 11:49am On Dec 11, 2014
I was wondering same thing. @ OP I was also wondering what Buhari did for Ndi Ibo when he was head of state.

I believe this election is not about any ethnic group but about Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by huptin(m): 11:49am On Dec 11, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

2015 is not about what Jonathan has done or has not done for the Igbos, it is about making a statement to some people that Nigeria belongs to all of us. No special group of people are born to rule while others are born to "siddon dey look." We cannot be terrrorized into handing over power to the core muslim north.

So my friend, 2015 is about making a statement and a bold point; NIGERIA MUST BE BALANCED!

So why not support Rochas? abi is he not IGBO?

8 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 11, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

answer his question and stop being sentimental.
What has Jonathan done for Ndi Igbo?

22 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Adminisher: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2014
ZERO.

1 Like

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by acenazt: 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
Akpu is now 30 naira in Kaduna.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
@OP, when Obasanjo, southerner became president (which was even after Abiola and his wife Kudirat were killed), the muslim north declared sharia law in a circular state and started a series of violent riots which led to the killing of many Christians and southerners just to disturb his government. Now Jonathan, another southerner is in power and what do we have, bombs going off ever day killing innocents Nigerians while the fulani men continue to carry out night raids on Christian communities just to stampede Jonathan out of power.

Meanwhile these same northerners kept quiet when Christians and southerners were the major targets of boko haram attacks but have suddenly found their voices now that the boko haram soldiers have lost their senses and kill anything in sight even to the point of bombing mosques.

2015 is about making a statement bro.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Adminisher: 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

Nigeria belongs to all statement was made when Jonathan became president, that message was re affirmed when he won again in 2011.

Nobody is terrorizing anybody to hand over power and who ever even thinks of it is already dead on arrival.

2015 is actually the revelation that the people who think they are born to rule are a cabal of business men and power traders ..not a particular tribe. 2015 is also about taking our country back from looters, contract inflators, irresponsible leaders who shirk from responsibility. It is also about making Nigeria respected in the commity of nations and feared in the west African region.

7 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2014
berem:
answer his question and stop being sentimental.
What has Jonathan done for Ndi Igbo?

Nigeria is not all about Igbo, why single out the Igbo for the question? Must everything be about Igbo? The Nigerian question will be answered in 2015 and that question is for all Nigerians to answer including the Igbo.

10 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
huptin:

So why not support Rochas? abi is he not IGBO?

This is not about Igbo but about Nigeria and the question of justice and fairness to all ethnic groups in Nigeria including the Igbo.

8 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

Nigeria is not all about Igbo, why single out the Igbo for the question? Must everything be about Igbo? The Nigerian question will be answered in 2015 and that Christian is for all Nigerians to answer including the Igbo.
he is an Igbo man that is why he is asking the question. Does he not have the right to ask what his president has done for an ethnic group who totally supported him in 2011? Are Igbos going to vote based on sentiments or because we want to get something in return for our votes?

3 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
Adminisher:

Nigeria belongs to all statement was made when Jonathan became president, that message was re affirmed when he won again in 2011.

Nobody is terrorizing anybody to hand over power and who ever even thinks of it is already dead on arrival.

2015 is actually the revelation that the people who think they are born to rule are a cabal of business men and power traders ..not a particular tribe. 2015 is also about taking our country back from looters, contract inflators, irresponsible leaders who shirk from responsibility. It is also about making Nigeria respected in the commity of nations and feared in the west African region.

You are coirrect but you will agree with me that since democracy was restored in 1999, the north has refused to allow us have peace in Nigeria. OBJ's government was plagued by a series of violent religious riots orchestrated by northerners during his tenure and GEJ is also grappling with the boko haram menace.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Ngwakwe: 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
What did Jonathan do for Hausas, Fulani, Yorubas, Ijaws and Tivs that he refused to do for South East and neglected the Igbos.

What South East demands from the Centre is equity and sense of belonging.

If the Federal projects to be executed in a year is twelve then let's have two for South East.

If the above submission is fair then President Goodluck Jonathan has paid his dues and needs our support.

8 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by BlackSEER(m): 12:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
[quote
author=icebeatz post=28783233]Ndi igbo, can you name one thing jonathan
has done for you people, for us??
The only road that leads to the east (asaba-onitsha express) is really
bad at the entrance of the niger bridge and the last time I travelled
there, I spent 4 hours driving through severe traffic jam due to the bad
road.

Today, I asked my dad to name one thing jonathan did for the east and
after thinking for a couple of minutes, he couldnt come up with one.

Please no one should name the second niger bridge becausd its still in
its nascent stages.

So, I throw this question to ndi igbo on nairaland.... WHAT HAS JONATHAN
DONE FOR THE IGBOS

Lets vote wisely.[/quote]

foolish man claiming an igboman.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Icon4s(m): 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
It is nt an issue of what Gej has done for the Igbos.
Thé issue is the Northerners believe Aso Rock is their birth right ånd dey want to collect it even through d means of Slaughtering demselves just to discredit d govt in Power.

We dont have problem with Buhari we only have problem with d Northern agenda.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Adminisher: 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
EUROBOMBER:
@OP, when Obasanjo, southerner became president (which was even after Abiola and his wife Kudirat were killed), the muslim north declared sharia law in a circular state and started a series of violent riots which led to the killing of many Christians and southerners just to disturb his government. Now Jonathan, another southerner is in power and what do we have, bombs going off ever day killing innocents Nigerians while the fulani men continue to carry out night raids on Christian communities just to stampede Jonathan out of power.

Meanwhile these same northerners kept quiet when Christians and southerners were the major targets of boko haram attacks but have suddenly found their voices now that the boko haram soldiers have lost their senses and kill anything in sight even to the point of bombing mosques.

2015 is about making a statement bro.

When Obasanjo and Yardua were in office the Niger Delta was a restive region. Oil production plummeted to less than 50% in some cases. The militants of the region challenged the state and bombed, kidnapped and destroyed lots of lives. Now a Niger Delta President is in office, not one single day of oil disruption recorded. 2015 is also about making a statement about that.

1 Like

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2014
berem:
he is an Igbo man that is why he is asking the question. Does he not have the right to ask what his president has done for an ethnic group who totally supported him in 2011? Are Igbos going to vote based on sentiments or because we want to get something in return for our votes?

He has a right to ask the question just like other Nigerians can also ask the same question. I agree that Jonathan has not done particularly well to meet all our expectations but we Igbo sons must realise that in this government, we have been made to have a sense of belonging. Since after the civil war, it was only Jonathan that appointed an Igbo soldier as COAS in the person of Ihejirika. This singular action of his for me broke something in the Nigerian space..

9 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ngwakwe:
What did Jonathan do for Hausas, Fulani, Yorubas, Ijaws and Tivs that he refused to do for South East and neglected the Igbos.

If the Federal projects to be executed in a year is twelve then let's have two to South East.

If the above submission is fair then President Goodluck Jonathan has paid his dues and needs our support.

Correct Ngwakwe! that is the way to go! Why single out Igbo every time for goodness sakes?

2 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Pierro2k1: 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
Are u sure u an Igbo man or from the East?Jonathan has done a lot for the Igbos.
1.Have u travelled on the Onitsha Ngor Akpala high way?
2.Have u travelled on Enugu PH road?
3.Are u aware that Ebonyi State has a brand new university?
4.Have u visited Sam mbakwe international cargo airport in Enugu?
5.Are u aware that a second Niger brigde is on its way?
6.For the First time in the History of Nigeria,an Igbo man was made Chief of Army staff without Fear?
7.All the Juicey Federal Cabinet appointments are reserved exclusively for the sons n daughters of Igbo extraction?ask madam Ngozi,Mrs Allison Maduweke,Profs.Nnaji n Nebo of power,Aviation etc
You must be stupid or neive to ask what Jonathan has done for the Igbo ppl.Am very sure u r one of those who reside in Lagos and don't knw what happens in ur region.
I rest my case-------

11 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

He has a right to ask the question just like other Nigerians can also ask the same question. I agree that Jonathan has not done particularly well to meet all our expectations but we Igbo sons must realise that in this government, we have been made to have a sense of belonging. Since after the civil war, it was only Jonathan that appointed an Igbo soldier as COAS in the person of Ihejirika. This singular action of his for me broke something in the Nigerian space..
and what has Ndi Igbo achieved from that singular act? Giving appointments to Ndi Igbo cannot solve our problems. We need infrastructural developments in the SE. Period!!

7 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
Adminisher:

When Obasanjo and Yardua were in office the Niger Delta was a restive region. Oil production plummeted to less than 50% in some cases. The militants of the region challenged the state and bombed, kidnapped and destroyed lots of lives. Now a Niger Delta President is in office, not one single day of oil disruption recorded. 2015 is also about making a statement about that.

The Niger Delta militants were fighting for justices. Over 90% of Nigerian revenue comes from that region yet they have been abandoned and their environment destroyed by successive governments. they had every legitimate reason for the struggle and very importantly, they did not go about bombing mosques or killing innocent women and children, they targeted oil installations to draw the government's attention to their plight.

What is boko haram fighting for? The north has been in power since after the civil war and they contribuite little or nothing to the national purse. Some prominent northerners even described boko haram soldiers as freedom fighters-imagine! Yet another very prominent northern leader was very angry when the SOE was declared and boko haram people were being killed. the same man is now about to clinch the APC presidential ticket, a man who in his narrow mind can compare Niger Delta milotants with bokom haram terrorists! Wonderful!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2014
Icon4s:
It is nt an issue of what Gej has done for the Igbos.
Thé issue is the Northerners believe Aso Rock is their birth right ånd dey want to collect it even through d means of Slaughtering demselves just to discredit d govt in Power.

We dont have problem with Buhari we only have problem with d Northern agenda.

This is exactly what I am trying to say but some people are pretending that they do not understand.

4 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ngwakwe:

If the Federal projects to be executed in a year is twelve then let's have two to South East.

you didn't answer the OP's question. What has jonathan done for the SE? Don't mention that shoddy job of an airport awarded by yar'adua and the abandoned 2nd niger bridge. I think it's clear that you guys only want to vote for sentiments and emotions.

4 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
Pierro2k1:
Are u sure u an Igbo man or from the East?Jonathan has done a lot for the Igbos.
1.Have u travelled on the Onitsha Ngor Akpala high way?
6.For the First time in the History of Nigeria,an Igbo man was made Chief of Army staff without Fear?
7.All the Juicey Federal Cabinet appointments are reserved exclusively for the sons n daughters of Igbo extraction?ask madam Ngozi,Mrs Allison Maduweke,Profs.Nnaji n Nebo of power,Aviation etc
You must be stupid or neive to ask what Jonathan has done for the Igbo ppl.Am very sure u r one of those who reside in Lagos and don't knw what happens in ur region.
I rest my case-------

I dont care what jonathan did for the igbo elites because it doesnt get down to the common man.
How has appointing ngozi, allison, nnaji and nebo benefitted the igbos??
I travelled to the east sometime in august and the state of onitsah-asaba express is sad. I spent 4 hours in traffic just to enter anambra. From anambra to awka was smooth sail.
I am travelling to the east this december again....

How can the only road linking asaba to onitsha be so fucckeeed up
The infrastructures in the east are virtually dead. Most of them were built before the war,
Show me 2 major federal infrastructural projects with economic potential in the east

I honestly wanna know what jonathan has done for the east!!!.

My dad spoke highly of buhari but he supports jonathan and I am inclined to support jonathan as an igbo man but I honestly wanna know what jonathan has done for the east and south south where he comes from. He enriched south south militants but are the refineries in his side working.

5 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2014
berem:
and what has Ndi Igbo achieved from that singular act? Giving appointments to Ndi Igbo cannot solve our problems. We need infrastructural developments in the SE. Period!!

That singular act is enough for every right-thinking Igbo man to stand up for GEJ. An Igbo man was placed in charge of the Nigerian Army!

.Have u travelled on the Onitsha Ngor Akpala high way?
You must be silly or neive to ask what Jonathan has done for the Igbo ppl.Am very sure u r one of those who reside in Lagos and don't knw what happens in ur region.
I rest my case-------

1 Like

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Pierro2k1: 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
This administer guy is either brainwashed or been childish with his submissions.Can't u read what I v posted?the achievements on infrastructure are numerous if only u tour the east to have first hand information----thats wat I can tell u!
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by BlackSEER(m): 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
The presidency of this country has become a do -or -die project for some people .It is our duty to let them know that Nigeria belong to all of us and nobody has the monopoly of violence.

5 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
berem:

Just like infrastructural development is needed in the North west, north east, north central and SS, it is not all about Igbo. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by cocoduck: 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2014
I want neither rice, beans nor cassava, nor even anything. What is it he can do for me that we have not been doing for ourselves. All we want is for him to bring about True Federalism in the system, so as to balance this country. That is to say, all we Igbos want is implementation of the national conference reports. That's all. If he does that, then he should know that he has solved 60%of NIGERIA'S problems.
I will vote for him, because he is in the best position to do that, not Buhari, Atiku norRochas.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

[s] That singular act is enough for every right-thinking Igbo man to stand up for GEJ. An Igbo man was placed in charge of the Nigerian Army!

.Have u travelled on the Onitsha Ngor Akpala high way?
You must be silly or neive to ask what Jonathan has done for the Igbo ppl.Am very sure u r one of those who reside in Lagos and don't knw what happens in ur region.
I rest my case------- [/s]
absolutely senseless!

*Unfollows thread*

3 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
you didn't answer the OP's question. What has jonathan done for the SE? Don't mention that shoddy job of an airport awarded by yar'adua and the abandoned 2nd niger bridge. I think it's clear that you guys only want to vote for sentiments and emotions.

He appointed an Igbo Soldie as COAS. The first since after the civil war, something all other presidents were afraid to do. That alone is enough that Jonathan has done for the Igbos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Storms Aba [PHOTOS] / "I Will Not Disappoint Ekiti People" — Fayemi / Nigerian Army Deploys Aircraft, Gun Trucks In Search Eastern of Security Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.