Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? (5861 Views)

What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba People / How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? / What Has Jonathan's Administration Achieved In One Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
icebeatz:

I dont care what jonathan did for the igbo elites because it doesnt get down to the common man.
How has appointing ngozi, allison, nnaji and nebo benefitted the igbos??
I travelled to the east sometime in august and the state of onitsah-asaba express is sad. I spent 4 hours in traffic just to enter anambra. From anambra to awka was smooth sail.
I am travelling to the east this december again....

How can the only road linking asaba to onitsha be so fucckeeed up

There are fvcked up roads all over Nigeria not just only in Igbo land. Now let us answer the Nigerian question..

3 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

He has a right to ask the question just like other Nigerians can also ask the same question. I agree that Jonathan has not done particularly well to meet all our expectations but we Igbo sons must realise that in this government, we have been made to have a sense of belonging. Since after the civil war, it was only Jonathan that appointed an Igbo soldier as COAS in the person of Ihejirika. This singular action of his for me broke something in the Nigerian space..
you guys have allowed sentiments and emotions to blind common sense of reasoning. Didn't ibos have a sense of belonging when OBJ was in power or how do you explain dora akunyuli, NOI, frank nweke, soludo, oby ezekwesili etc? Of what benefit is a COAS?

3 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
berem:
absolutely senseless!

*Unfollows thread*

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by cocoduck: 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
icebeatz:

I dont care what jonathan did for the igbo elites because it doesnt get down to the common man.
How has appointing ngozi, allison, nnaji and nebo benefitted the igbos??
I travelled to the east sometime in august and the state of onitsah-asaba express is sad. I spent 4 hours in traffic just to enter anambra. From anambra to awka was smooth sail.
I am travelling to the east this december again....

How can the only road linking asaba to onitsha be so fucckeeed up
You see, people who claim to be Igbo. you don't even know about Anambara state. from Anambara to awka.

9 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

He appointed an Igbo Soldie as COAS. The first since after the civil war, something all other presidents were afraid to do. That alone is enough that Jonathan has done for the Igbos.

Hpw does an igbo coas benefit the igbos.
Was a new defence academy built in the east?
Was a war research centre built in the east?
If he appointed an hausa man, it still the same effect ihejirika had that it would have on the igbos which is NO EFFECT

2 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
BlackSEER:
The presidency of this country has become a do -or -die project for some people .It is our duty to let them know that Nigeria belong to all of us and nobody has the monopoly of violence.

Yes. And we MUST let them realise this next year! Nonesense! FFK is very correct about these people I tell you.
cocoduck:

You see, people who claim to be Igbo. you don't even know about Anambara state. from Anambara to awka.
Onitsha to awka I mean... dont latch on that small error

1 Like

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
you guys have allowed sentiments and emotions to blind common sense of reasoning. Didn't ibos have a sense of belonging when OBJ was in power or how do you explain dora akunyuli, NOI, frank nweke, soludo, oby ezekwesili etc? Of what benefit is a COAS?

Yes, and we supported OBJ with block votes for his two terms; we stood by him. We will also support Jonathan now.

5 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

There are fvcked up roads all over Nigeria not just only in Igbo land. Now let us answer the Nigerian question..
Answering the nigerian question further proves how incompetent GEJ is.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Ngwakwe: 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
you didn't answer the OP's question. What has jonathan done for the SE? Don't mention that shoddy job of an airport awarded by yar'adua and the abandoned 2nd niger bridge. I think it's clear that you guys only want to vote for sentiments and emotions.

His question is meaningless without enumerating what GEJ did for other zones while neglecting the South East.

A look at the budget shows admissible fairness hence my earlier submission.

Every expenditure and capital projects are supposed to be budgeted and approved by the NASS.

Are we in Biafra?

4 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Answering the nigerian question further proves how incompetent GEJ is.

tell the APC to field Fashola or Rochas as presidential candidate, it must not always be an Alhaji for goodness sakes. embarassed

7 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

Yes, and we supported OBJ with block votes for his two terms; we stood by him. We will also support Jonathan now.
was OBJ's rule marred by insurgency? I know you'd want to blame the northerners using a cooked up mantra of born to rule mentality, but if you must do, make sure you realize how clueless GEJ is for not making one single arrest even with the level of authority at his disposal.

1 Like

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ngwakwe:

His question is meaningless without enumerating what GEJ did for other zones while neglecting the South East.

Every expenditure and capital projects are supposed to be budgeted and approved by the NASS.

Are we in Biafra?

grin grin grin

Please help me ask them, I think they are just being mischievious. ARE WE IN BIAFRA? This is Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Pierro2k1: 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
It's seems that Asaba - Onitsha road is ur Headache?Am so surprised to hear that An International Airport newly built in Enugu is nt an infrastructural development.
A brand new University Built in Ebonyi state is not a development.
A brand new rail line connecting PH n the East with the North is not a development.construction / rehabilitation of Federals roads such as Onitsha to Ngor Akpala,Enugu /Calabar Rd,Ph /Enugu Road,Owerri PH express way constructed by Arab contractors is not a development.
Brand new cancer centre etc are not developents.
Ok,i understand that some ppl think with their eyes closed.

5 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Are we in Biafra?
GEJ did nothing for the SW and other regions mostly. Now what did he do for the SE that makes you guys sing his praises to high heavens?
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by truefact: 12:42pm On Dec 11, 2014
The question should be:

What is Buhari going to do for Igbo?

What did the Northern govts do for the East?

OR is it now that Buhari will carry Aso Rock to East?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 11, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

tell the APC to field Fashola or Rochas as presidential candidate, it must not always be an Alhaji for goodness sakes. embarassed
you can't expect things to be handed over to you on a silver platter, you have to work for it. As it is now, rochas can not clinch the APC VP ticket cos you guys don't support him. Ndigbo ought to use this election period to hold GEJ for ransom, make him feel he is losing your support. Do that and watch him hasten work at the 2nd niger bridge amidst other abandoned projects in the region. It's just so sad that you guys have made it too obvious that you've got no other option.

1 Like

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by cocoduck: 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2014
Anybody that wants foods from GEJ should say so. But as for me, all I want is to be left alone. There is nothing he or anybody can do that we cannot do for ourselves. We just want to be left alone.
Implement the CONFAB report and leave the rest for us, we are more than capable to handle them, From security to health, quality education good roads agriculture and the rest can be handled by us as either individuals or governments( state and local).
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by friedrice1: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

That singular act is enough for every right-thinking Igbo man to stand up for GEJ. An Igbo man was placed in charge of the Nigerian Army!
.Have u travelled on the Onitsha Ngor Akpala high way?
2.[size=14pt]Have u travelled on Enugu PH road[/size]?
3.Are u aware that Ebonyi State has a brand new university?
4.Have u visited Sam mbakwe international cargo airport in Enugu?
5.[size=14pt]Are u aware that a second Niger brigde is on its way?[/size]
6.For the First time in the History of Nigeria,an Igbo man was made Chief of Army staff without Fear?
7.All the Juicey Federal Cabinet appointments are reserved exclusively for the sons n daughters of Igbo extraction?ask madam Ngozi,Mrs Allison Maduweke,Profs.Nnaji n Nebo of power,Aviation etc
You must be silly or neive to ask what Jonathan has done for the Igbo ppl.Am very sure u r one of those who reside in Lagos and don't knw what happens in ur region.
I rest my case-------
My friend Sharrrapp!!!! What has been done to the Enugu -PH? is the road motorable?
why do you sell your conscience and tell lies like the devil himself?
That road was massively rehabilitated by Buhari during his PTF days and it has been in that state till date evry effort by FERMA since then changed nothing ... infact Okigwe Umuahia is completely collapsed and no sane being would use that road.

Meanwhile continue kidding yourself with 2nd Niger Bridge.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 11, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
you can't expect things to be handed over to you on a silver platter, you have to work for it. As it is now, rochas can not clinch the APC VP ticket cos you guys don't support him. Ndigbo ought to use this election period to hold GEJ for ransom, make him feel he is losing your support. Do that and watch him hasten work at the 2nd niger bridge amidst other abandoned projects in the region. It's just so sad that you guys have made it too obvious that you've got no other option.

Yes we have options, if we get the VP slot from the APC(very unlikely if you ask me) but we support Jonathan because we believe in fairness & equity.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2014
friedrice1:

My friend Sharrrapp!!!! What has been done to the Enugu -PH? is the road motorable?
That road was massively rehabilitated by Buhari during his PTF days and it has been in that state till date evry effort by FERMA since then changed nothing ... infact Okigwe Umuahia is completely collapsed and no sane being would use that road.

Get lost and fvck off my mention, nematode!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by FreeGlobe(f): 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
you didn't answer the OP's question. What has jonathan done for the SE? Don't mention that shoddy job of an airport awarded by yar'adua and the abandoned 2nd niger bridge. I think it's clear that you guys only want to vote for sentiments and emotions.
You are very correct. We want to vote based on those factors you stated. How then is your problem?

5 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
FreeGlobe:

You are very correct. We want to vote based on those factors you stated. How then is your problem?
just make sure you don't cry when you start to face the consequences of your actions and inaction

1 Like

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by IGBOSON1: 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
berem:
and what has Ndi Igbo achieved from that singular act? Giving appointments to Ndi Igbo cannot solve our problems. We need infrastructural developments in the SE. Period!!

^^^@Bolded: Let me turn the question on it's head and ask; what did HAUSA/FULANI/CORE NORTHERN MILITARY/HEGEMONIC OLIGARCHY achieve by denying Ndigbo the COAS position right from the end of the civil war up till when they lost control of the center? If you can answer this then you'll have an answer to the question you asked EUROBOMBER!

3 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by FreeGlobe(f): 1:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
just make sure you don't cry when you start to face the consequences of your actions and inaction
empty threats

2 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
IGBOSON1:

[s] ^^^@Bolded: Let me turn the question on it's head and ask; what did HAUSA/FULANI/CORE NORTHERN MILITARY/HEGEMONIC OLIGARCHY achieve by denying Ndigbo the COAS position right from the end of the civil war up till when they lost control of the center? If you can answer this then you'll have an answer to the question you asked EUROBOMBER! [/s]
this thread is not about the northerners and their military oligarchy. Kindly answer the op's questions and you guys should stop trying to be mischievious.

1 Like

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by naijareferee: 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
berem:
answer his question and stop being sentimental.
What has Jonathan done for Ndi Igbo?

Nothing.... And i the ask

What did buhari do for Ndi-igbo
What will he do if he eventually gets to power?

2 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by FreeGlobe(f): 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2014
berem:
this thread is not about the northerners and their military oligarchy. Kindly answer the op's questions and you guys should stop trying to be mischievious.
when will you back off igbo affairs for Christ's sake. There are other news from the south west. wtf!!

5 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by hushmail: 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
any igboman wondering wht gej did 4 ndigbo must still be in kindergarten. And does nt need to b replied.

Meanwhile i just passed d asaba road, i no see even one pot hole

5 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by Ojiofor: 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2014
friedrice1:

Arab contractors are working on it at the moment.they are currently working on umuahia/Aba section of the road.last time I went enugu was early this year and they were working on enugu okigwe section of ph/enugu road.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by hushmail: 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Of what benefit is a COAS?

even after No Victor No vanquish

igbos were denied dis position meaning dat d lessons of d war were still influencing military appointments.

Gej made a statement wt COAS. iGBOS ALSO HAVE A STAKE IN NIGERIA. Let no one think otherwise

1 Like

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? by espn(m): 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

You are coirrect but you will agree with me that since democracy was restored in 1999, the north has refused to allow us have peace in Nigeria. OBJ's government was plagued by a series of violent religious riots orchestrated by northerners during his tenure and GEJ is also grappling with the boko haram menace.
Rily? D hausas were even d cause of d Niger delta militancy iish..smh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

From Dss Headquarter: Nnamdi Kanu Goes On Hunger Strike Refuse To Sign Document / Man "Breaks The Internet" After Being Spotted In A Nightclub In This Attire. PIC / Population Of Foreigners In South Africa By Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.