Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One (22837 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / His Wife’s Change Of Denomination Is Affecting Their Marriage / Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by Bosun13: 8:31am On Dec 14, 2014
GOD is the creator and evry other things associate with him either son or whatever is the hand work of God .... God is d beginning and d end ... Bt for u to kn who is this God .... Then God sent messengers frm one generation to anothr .... D generation of noah is diferent to abraham to moses to luth to moses to jesus to muhammed and many more ..... But ask urslf which message evry one of them brought to us? God sent them to tel us and let known that nothin to be worship xept him allmighty. That's is d purpose of thr journin to mankind . But anyone follow either one of those messenger must not c them as God or anything greatr than God almighty that sent them. tlkin eithr of moses follower which is JEWS or jesus follower which is christians or muhammed follower which is muslims. Ppl of moses generation can only pray to God tru moses just bcs no othr mesenger that tym, and no one can reach God exept tru jesus on his own generation too, d samething muhammed too . My advise for u is to sit down and do enough research on ur own and find out religion that belief in all those messengers that their all frm God allmighty as a messenger to mankind and and thr message stand on no one worthy to be worship exept God almighty, your criator and my creator . Thanks for d readin and understandin.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by Etetejake(m): 8:37am On Dec 14, 2014
honourhim:

The gospel of our Lord Jesus christ is the 100 percent true religion. There's no two ways about it.

As for denomination, there's nothing like true denomination. Jesus did not introduce denomination to us so it doesn't count. What the bible told us is to assemble.

He ask how to know the true one and u ar answering as if u were there wen Jesus was born. I wish to know more.
U ar a born and brought up christian. so am I. but wot do u think a Muslim will say about his own religion if not that his is also a 100% true religion?
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2014
iamord:
beautiful! God bless
Bless you too!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by kemzyAjaks(f): 8:41am On Dec 14, 2014
MzNelly:

Because the Bible is the Word Of God. undecided
lol....and the Qur'an is ur word w dnt av 2 b dogmatic 4 d rest of our lives of coz d Bible was once truly d word of God buh it'z bin altered greatly thru d chain of transmission wich has neva bin subjected to scrutiny. it differs from language to language, frm testament to testament and most of d words contradict each other and even contradict science itself if u believe in somtin, mk ur researchess well so u can stand firm on d@ belief

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by malvisguy212: 8:45am On Dec 14, 2014
frosbel:
Lets be honest, we are all born into a culture , religion and tradition. We are a product of these factors plus the additional factor of parental upbringing.

Considering that there are over 50 world religions including the main ones , i.e Islam and Christianity each with a plethora of denominations or sects , especially in Christianity with over 40,000 sects and still growing, how can one be 100% confident that his/her religion and sect is the right one ??

Mr A is a Muslim and can swear with his life that Islam is the one and true religion and without this no one can be saved, Mr B is a Christian who believes that anyone who does not believe in Jesus is forever lost. But they were born into these religions and were tutored from kindergarten that they ONLY worship the true GOD.

Furthermore at a high level , the Sunnis believe the Shiites are hell bound and vice versa, Deeperlife believe they have the right doctrines but so do Christ embassy and redeemed.

We have so many doctrines, teachings, beliefs etc , but HOW DOES MAN FILTER THROUGH ALL THIS CONFUSION TO KNOW WHICH IS THE RIGHT WAY ?

Knowing that 40% of the worlds population will never agree with Islam or Christianity or may not even have heard about them, how can we be so sure that we are right and they are wrong and we are saved but they are damned. What is the premise for your conclusion ?

Please help me here.

Agnostics often fall into two camps - those who
believe that all
religions can lead to God or those who believe that
true religion cannot
be discerned. This page examines both positions in
an attempt to
determine where the truth may lie. Logically, there
are several
possibilities. Atheists would say that no religion leads
to God, since He
doesn't exist. It is possible that one, several or all
religions lead to God.
ALL WAYS LEAD TO GOD:
There are hundreds of religions in the world today,
and many ancient
religions that are no longer practiced. It is possible,
and perhaps likely,
that all religions contain some truth and/or good
moral advice.
However, in examining religious teaching, it is
important to examine
the fundamental beliefs of each religion and
compare those to each
other. When this is done, it is apparent that primary
religious teachings contradict each other. Judaism
says that the Messiah is coming,
Christianity says that He has come, and Islam says
that Mohammad
provided all the information necessary for religious
life. Obviously,
these truth claims cannot be simultaneously true,
since they contradict
each other. Logically, we must reject the idea that all
religions lead to
God.
TRUE RELIGEON:IS IT POSSIBLE TO DISCERN?
I believe that there are some things that we can
discern about God
from the nature of the universe. The universe
demonstrates some
remarkable evidence of design. What kind of God
designed all this, and how can we know His true
identity? Most people who believe God
exists would agree with the argument that the God
who designed the
universe must be a personal God. For God to put so
much time and care
into the design of the universe and life, it would
seem logical to
conclude that God really cared about His creation,
and was personally
involved in it's creation. A God who did not care
about his creation would never be expected to spend
14 billion years of development
just so that humans would have a nice place to live
for a few thousand
years. Therefore, it would seem likely that the true
God must be a
personal God, and not the God of deism, pantheism,
Buddhism, etc. So,
it would seem that these religions probably do not
represent the true
nature of God.
ELIMINATE THE ILLOGICAL:
The powerful and personal Creator God of the
universe would probably
want to reveal Himself to His spiritual creatures. So,
it seems likely that
God would have revealed His true nature to one or
more of the
peoples of the earth. Are all the revelations of the
world religions a
reflection of God or just certain one(s)? This is the
difficult question that
cannot be answered in merely one short page.
However, I believe one can come up with a best
answer through much study and through the
process of elimination. For example, some religions
make truth claims
that are obviously false. The LDS church (Mormons)
claims that gods are created through procreation and
that creatures created by those gods can eventually
become gods themselves. However, this religion
suffers
from the problem of how the first god came into
existence. Logic
would dictate that God is eternal and uncreated. All
religions that claim
otherwise would seem to be logically flawed.
BASIC RELIGEON CLAIM:
Since many religious claims contradict one another, it
would seem that
not all religions could be simultaneously true. How
can we tell which
religion(s) are true? If you examine the world
religions, most describe
ethical and moral laws that are ascribed to God.
Breaking of those laws
is an offense to God. How do different religions
handle that problem?
Many religions say that if one tries to obey God's laws
most of the time, God will accept you. However, I
believe that we can eliminate
that idea as being true of the Creator God of the
universe. God designed
physical laws of the universe. These laws are constant
and
unbreakable. God Himself, seems to break those
physical laws only
rarely. I propose that this God would not accept the
breaking of His
moral laws so easily. In fact, from the nature of the
physical laws, it would seem that God would not
accept the breaking of His moral laws
at all. Nearly all religions claim that God will ignore
our breaking of His
moral laws as long as we try our best. This is where
Christianity differs
from all other world religions. Christianity says that
our good works
cannot erase our bad moral choices. Think of it in
terms of our legal
systems. We are convicted of crimes on the basis of
breaking the law. If we break a law, we are found
guilty under the law. It doesn't matter
what good things we have done in our lives, if we
break the law. We
might get a lesser sentence, but we will still be
convicted of a crime.
So, God cannot simply ignore our crimes against Him.
We will be found
guilty, despite our good works. Christianity says that
our bad deeds
(sins) must be eliminated in order to be acceptable to
God. The elimination of sins was accomplished by the
sacrifice of the Savior
(Jesus Christ). Jesus Christ is God Himself, who came
to earth, led a sinless life, and died on the cross as a
sacrifice to take the sins of
mankind. So, God Himself provided a means of
eliminating our sins
against Him. However, the elimination of sins is not
automatic. Since
God will allow people into His presence after death,
they must agree to
His terms. This contract is executed through faith in
the sacrifice of
Jesus Christ to eliminate our sins. By accepting God's
terms, our sins are erased and we can stand in the
presence of God without any sin. Only
our good deeds will be counted for our judgment.
Those who don't
accept God's terms will be judged on the basis of
God's laws - and will
be found guilty.
CHRISTIANITY IS DIFFERENT :
No other religion provides a provision for God's
forgiveness of
sin, which is why I believe Christianity to be the only
true way
to God. Jesus said He is the only way to God and that
all people
must follow Him to enter heaven. All other religions
are man's attempt to become acceptable to God.
Only Christianity says
that God alone provides the only means to be
acceptable to
Him. So, either Christianity is true and all other
religions are false or
Christianity is false and God does not hold people
accountable for law
breaking. Personally, I would not want to rely upon
God ignoring His
own rules. It doesn't seem to be logical reasoning.
This is the choice you must make.
CONCLUSION:
So, I encourage you to examine the world religions to
see if what I am
saying is true. Don't give up on the ability to separate
the truth claims
of the world's religions. If Christianity is true, you
must make a choice
or you will be judged on the basis of your sins against
God. Let me
know if you have any questions.
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by taiwo09: 8:50am On Dec 14, 2014
This is an interesting topic. I can't be the judge of the true religion, because its like a configuration to me. I am raised in a christian home, born into CAC. But one thing I believe is the LOVE in any religion. So far we are giving praise to the most High(GOD). We have to think deeply than our parents orientaion about religion. Let's think like one of my brother said in this thread.
I believe in Jesus Christ( A man who never condemn the sinner, heal, give,love people )and I respect the disciple being the christ like but to me christianity is not practise in this country but its all hypocrisy. But that doesn't mean I don't love other religion so far u are doing good and relate well with your neighbours..LIVE AND LET'S LIVE!
God help us..
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by Kei144(m): 8:56am On Dec 14, 2014
1Co. 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

1Co. 2:4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power,
1Co. 2:5 so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.

Job 42:5 My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you.
Job 42:6 Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.”

Apparently, the wisest people in the world are Europeans. Before Apostle Paul took Christianity to them, they had their own traditional religions, and they had developed in Philosophy. If Paul or any person had gone to Europe only to talk about Jesus Christ, Europeans would never have accepted Christianity. Paul got to Europe and demonstrated the power of the Spirit of Christ in him, so much that a sorcerer asked to pay money in order to get the power. It was the power that attracted Europeans first and foremost. When they now listened to the message, they analyzed it with their knowledge of Philosophy and concluded that the message would do their society a lot of good; so, they embraced Christianity.

Muslims took Islam to Europe by war. they conquered the weaker parts of Europe and imposed their religion on them. Countries like Spain eventually overcame the Islamic military and reverted to Christianity because they were intelligent enough to know that Islam has nothing good to offer them.

Within Christianity, how does a person assess the quality of her/his denomination?

Mk. 16:17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;

It is all about power. Jesus Christ says that the number one test of power is ability to cast out demons. When people hear about casting out demons, they immediately think about casting demons out of mad people, or may be casting out the demons working against a person's prosperity or progress. But in reality the number one demon is sin. So, the number one test of whether your denomination is the right one is if the denomination enables you to have divine power to cast sins out of your life.
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 14, 2014
Actually I've thought of this many attimes. Some pple keep preaching - attend living churches without highlighting de tins to watch out for. I commend ur quest cos is a very reasonable one. Well, one day in my church while the homily was going on, the Reverend reminisced his debut in de seminary. Please read this cos is very interesting. It goes thus:
They are all seated, set to receive their first lecture on philia sophia, a Professor (Reverend) approached, greeted and welcomed them, walked straight to the board, instead of teaching them, he gave dem a tedious assignment -- '' Summarize the Bible in 2 pages'' he left at once. They started wondering and pondering. None of them had rest of mind, they passed through painstaking process trying to read and summarize the Bible all day and night at a limited time. In their subsequent lesson, the tutor came asking for his assignment, they felt bored, wanting to submit, of which they knew not whether they got it right... Instead of teaching again, he gave another torfer assignment : ''summarize the Bible in one page'' of which they read and read and read. To cut it short, de question later degenerated into summarizing the Bible in one sentence, at this point de students have had it; cant research and read further cos they deem it impossible.
Finally, the lecturer came and promised to teach them and give the corrction to the questions, they were very happy. He said that the summary of the Holy Bible is '' Be good'' which he further substantiated by quoting dat frm Genesis to Revelation, all talked about is goodness.
LESSON: despite religion, try to be good to people. We all have conscience, do to others what u know is good to you.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by babs01(m): 9:06am On Dec 14, 2014
The true fact z dat, there is only one religion. It just like a relay race where baton is pass frm one runner to other i.e Adam passed to Noah, Noah passed it to Abraham to Moses to Jesus and finally Muhammed so he who doesn't belief in what Muhammed brought had gone astray and his abode is not heaven but hell.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by malvisguy212: 9:16am On Dec 14, 2014
Slitz:
you mean the scientific natural laws that have been proven to be Impossible? Chai! do you read your bible at all ? Genesis1:9-19 claims God created the earth before the heavens.(it is a well known fact that our planet came from its own star, the sun. Funny abi? Hope u did a Lil bit of science.Their are soo many scientific miracles in the Quran, and proven too. you would be blown away! The attempts by people to distort this as always been shamed.
"Do the disbelievers not see that the heavens and the earth were joined together, then I split them apart?"(Quran21 verse30)
once again, hope you did a little bit of science?
the quran say heaven and earth was once join together before allah seperate it, science dose not agree with this, the quran say fluid(sperm) emancipated from the back born and rib, this is wrong,there are a lot of error in it.

the Bible was not written as a work of
science nor was its purpose to describe the workings
of the physical world. It was written to explain
spiritual principles - the nature of mankind, the
nature of God, and how people can have a personal
relationship with God. However, when the Bible
describes the physical world, it is accurate.
Time had a beginning
2 Timothy 1:9, Titus 1:2, 1 Corinthians 2:7
Scientific evidence show the universe had a beginning.
The universe was created from the invisible
Hebrews 11:34
The dimensions of the universe were created
Romans 8:38-39
The universe is expanding
Job 9:8, Psalm 104:2, Isaiah 40:22. Their are a lot of it, but this is not the purpose of the bible.
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by Poindexter: 9:21am On Dec 14, 2014
Man, that was deep.
I hope you believe in God anyway. Our wisdom is nothing comparable to that of the supreme being!
Weah96:

Which part? The part where wicked human beings are roasted like suya for eternity? Most wicked people don't live longer than 100 yrs.

What could someone possibly do in one lifetime to deserve eternal roasting? After the first 20,000 years of roasting Adolph Hitler, for example, is this loving God going to add more firewood to the fire?
Where will Adolph Hitler's mother be? In Heaven drinking champagne with the man who has been roasting her child for over one million years?
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by aminusanti(m): 9:23am On Dec 14, 2014
Mst people here are being judgmental about things thy have no knowledge about and stop jumping into conclusion..get to know why other people have believes in thre religions, understaning and analyze it and compare to know..not just sitting there and keep criticizing and following what u saw your parent/ people following.. get to know the purpose of life and seek for knowledge more.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 14, 2014
McSterling:
Codswallop.

No, it's not, dear soul. You just need to keep an open mind, and not feel threatened by The Truth.

John 8:32 - "Then you shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free"
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 14, 2014
what God will judge is a lot. so because u cannot see God u believe he doesnt exist? simple question. Can you see air or better yet paint it

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 14, 2014
the book of genesis states clearly that there was a void which consists of the skies we see now and the visible land...only there was nothing...God did seperate these from each other in creation. science does agree very well with the bible...we are just too blind to see it
malvisguy212:
the quran say heaven and earth was once join together before allah seperate it, science dose not agree with this, the quran say fluid(sperm) emancipated from the back born and rib, this is wrong,there are a lot of error in it.

the Bible was not written as a work of
science nor was its purpose to describe the workings
of the physical world. It was written to explain
spiritual principles - the nature of mankind, the
nature of God, and how people can have a personal
relationship with God. However, when the Bible
describes the physical world, it is accurate.
Time had a beginning
2 Timothy 1:9, Titus 1:2, 1 Corinthians 2:7
Scientific evidence show the universe had a beginning.
The universe was created from the invisible
Hebrews 11:34
The dimensions of the universe were created
Romans 8:38-39
The universe is expanding
Job 9:8, Psalm 104:2, Isaiah 40:22. Their are a lot of it, but this is not the purpose of the bible.
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by hasshams: 9:38am On Dec 14, 2014
MzNelly:

Like I said initially, there's only one God. The one in heaven. No one is arguing that fact.

About the true religion? It has to be the ones who base their teachings on the Bible. undecided That's all.
No way,to me I think the one and only true religion are with those ppl that based their teachings on that holy book that gives account of everything in thiS whole world and beyond, from the begining of the universe to the end,how this world of us was created. The heavens and earth,the first thing that was created on earth,how man was created,how prophets and messengers of d creator were sent to mankind, how to leave a straight and healthy living in d earth(which happened to b alittle difficult for d weak hearts to follow and easiest to d strong) for example: it instructed every lady to look decent, before living her home makes sure she cover her hair and d rest of her body.which today happened to b point of critism by d disbelievers which resulted to rapid growing of rape cases,sexual harassment and many other immoralities caused by sexual desire, especially in those country that passionately rejected the true religion;which today happen to have the loudest voice crying nd strugling with d raise of immorality against ladies' and it also tells about other books which bible happened to b one of them and how time will come when peole will choose to take one of the prophet sent by d creator as their God,their only savour nd some as a son of god,blindly resambling god with mankind,and it further tells about what happens in d hereafter after death,from d grave to d time of judgement of dids,how some people's final abode will be Paradise( meant for the believers)and hellfire(meant for d disbelievers)and alaso tells about how the true religion will be strugling against desbelievers in d whole world because of their unready-ness to accept the way of d creator and how it will one day evolve to be the strongest of all other man's misleading religions in d loving earth.I believe if man will shun selfishness and sentimentalism and calm down and search for the true way, which happens to be very clear and obvious enough for the true seeker to realize, then no doubt the world would have been a better place.pls my appology if their is any offensive word.
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by anitank(f): 9:40am On Dec 14, 2014
We could argue this for an eternity and still not arrive at a conclusion because the truth is we'd never know which religion or denomination is truly the right one

In my late teens, I remember running from the Catholic Church which I was born into, to one of those Pentecostal churches because I felt the Catholic Church was becoming too stereotyped and boring and did little or nothing to build my relationship with God. I also remember leaving the Pentecostal church and back to my catholic church because of their love for money, as they preached nothing else but wealth, money, forgetting to teach and preach the real thing. Imagine telling people they'd only prosper if they bring all their money to "God".

Religion is just a bandwagon which often times misguide people and lead them to confusion like it did me.

I grew older and realized Spirituality is the most important of all. Have the fear of God and discover HIM by your own self, pray fervently, be steadfast and upright in all your doings, love your neighbours and treat the poor right. Above all have a pure heart.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by hasshams: 9:45am On Dec 14, 2014
taiwo09:
This is an interesting topic. I can't be the judge of the true religion, because its like a configuration to me. I am raised in a christian home, born into CAC. But one thing I believe is the LOVE in any religion. So far we are giving praise to the most High(GOD). We have to think deeply than our parents orientaion about religion. Let's think like one of my brother said in this thread.
I believe in Jesus Christ( A man who never condemn the sinner, heal, give,love people )and I respect the disciple being the christ like but to me christianity is not practise in this country but its all hypocrisy. But that doesn't mean I don't love other religion so far u are doing good and relate well with your neighbours..LIVE AND LET'S LIVE!
God help us..
try islam and u will be glad you do so,you find al your questions already answered before you are even created.assalamu alaika
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by patostation(m): 9:49am On Dec 14, 2014
McSterling:
This is an honest question that believers do not like to ask themselves. You are a Christian or Muslim simply because your parents were, and thus indoctrinated you with it. Some of you overzealous Christians would have been terrorists by now, had you been raised in a Muslim home.

And that is the important point. Did you choose your religion or is it the religion of your parents?; or is it the religion of your tribe? Did you make a careful research or analysis before choosing your religion?

Another area of consideration is the fruitage of your present religion, its adherents and the leaders. Are they involved in wars, terrorism, racism, immorality or other controversies? According to Jesus, by their fruit you will know them (Mt 7:20-23), Love will define true worshippers (Jn 13:34,35), there ought to be one faith (Eph 4:5,6).

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by hasshams: 9:55am On Dec 14, 2014
No way,to me I think the one and only true religion are with those ppl that based their teachings on that holy book that gives account of everything in thiS whole world and beyond, from the begining of the universe to the end,how this world of us was created. The heavens and earth,the first thing that was created on earth,how man was created,how prophets and messengers of d creator were sent to mankind, how to leave a straight and healthy living in d earth(which happened to b alittle difficult for d weak hearts to follow and easiest to d strong) for example: it instructed every lady to look decent, before living her home makes sure she cover her hair and d rest of her body.which today happened to b point of critism by d disbelievers which resulted to rapid growing of rape cases,sexual harassment and many other immoralities caused by sexual desire, especially in those country that passionately rejected the true religion;which today happen to have the loudest voice crying nd strugling with d raise of immorality against ladies' and it also tells about other books which bible happened to b one of them and how time will come when peole will choose to take one of the prophet sent by d creator as their God,their only savour nd some as a son of god,blindly resambling god with mankind,and it further tells about what happens in d hereafter after death,from d grave to d time of judgement of dids,how some people's final abode will be Paradise( meant for the believers)and hellfire(meant for d disbelievers)and alaso tells about how the true religion will be strugling against desbelievers in d whole world because of their unready-ness to accept the way of d creator and how it will one day evolve to be the strongest of all other man's misleading religions in d loving earth.I believe if man will shun selfishness and sentimentalism and calm down and search for the true way, which happens to be very clear and obvious enough for the true seeker to realize, then no doubt the world would have been a better place.pls my appology if their is any offensive word.
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by iamord(m): 10:12am On Dec 14, 2014
victorazy:

grin lamentation grin
Until Muslims, Quran condemn the killings of innocent people, they worship a wicked god.
Christians don't fight for their God cuz their God is supreme, He fight for Himself. Who is real? grin
[b]hahaha!! U just made a grave blunder. I was born into a Christian home yet I know better than what you put up there. It just goes to show that you are brainwashed. Tell me one religion that started on a peaceful note and did not kill to drive their message and control? From out traditional religions to hebrew to asia?? Ok let me take you down memory lane... when i see Christians defending their faith purely based on what not, I should let you know that Christianity was a very "minor cult” in the fourth century, while "pagan" religions, especially Mithraism, were much more popular in the Empire put yourself into that time, will you not consider any religion apart from mithraism as pagan?. the Jesus cult
would have faded into oblivion if not for an imperial decree. “It is 391 CE now as Roman Emperor Theodosius elevates Jesus (posthumously) to divinity, declaring Christianity the only
"legitimate" religion of the world,under penalty of death. The ancient myth is rendered law. This decision by Theodosius is possibly the worst ever made in human history: what followed were century after century of torture and murder in the name Jesus and Christianity a year after the decree by Theodosius, crazed Christian monks of Nitria destroyed the majestic Alexandrian Library largely because philosophy and science are taught there—not the Bible. In Alexandria these are times of the highest of intellectual pursuits, all quashed by superstitious and ignorant Christians of the most godly and murderous variety: they had the "Holy Bible" on their side. The Church started killing unbelievers as early as the 4th century. The killing (often with torture) of heretics, church splinter groups, dissenters,atheists, agnostics, deists, pagans, infidels and unbelievers was supported by almost all mainstream Christian theology for over a thousand years.. Remember the witch hunts? Long ago and far away, past atrocities forgotten? So perhaps we should forgive and forget?. Around the world, the Christian Bible is still used to accuse people, usually children, of "witchcraft" and to punish them. Oh I almost forgot! The Bible decrees "Thou shalt not suffer a
witch to live" (Ex 22:18, with support from Dt 18:10-12, Lev 20:27, 2 Chr 33:6, Micah 5:12, and 1 Sam 28:3). In the New Testament, Christians are typically kept ignorant of certain evil and immoral words "If any man come to me, and HATE NOT his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple ." - Luke 14:26.. A lot of Christians will try to ignore the moral problems of slavery by saying that slaves were actually servants or indentured servants. Many translations of the Bible use the word "servant", "bondservant", or "manservant" instead of "slave" to make the Bible seem less immoral than it really is. While many slaves may have worked as household servants, that doesn't mean that they were not slaves who were bought,
sold, and treated worse than livestock.. The following passage shows that slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock.
“However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your
children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this
way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)” just look at the tone or racism in this post. No wonder the whites and arabs had right to enslave a gullible black people. The following passage describes how the Hebrew slaves are to be treated. If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT) Notice how they can get a male Hebrew slave to become a permanent slave by keeping his wife and children hostage until he says he wants to become a permanent slave. What kind of family values are these? The following passage describes the sickening practice of sex slavery. How can anyone think it is moral to sell your own daughter as a sex slave? When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who
bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner
arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her
and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT) Not only does Jesus never advise against slavery, but he recommends savage whipping of disobedient slaves: "And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes ." - Luke 12:47.
Damn! I can go on and on! Am sure pastors and church elders don't quote these verses. What I am just trying to say is that no religion is perfect! Deception are acts to propagate beliefs of things that are not true, or not the whole truth (as in half- truths or omission).. To everyone that reads this post. I say put on your thinking caps!!! Thank you!![/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by Dexema(m): 10:17am On Dec 14, 2014
Do you believe in the existence of darkness? because darkness itself is a proof of light. Belief in God is the paramount thing denominations are for exhortation and strenghtening of the brethren.
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by malvisguy212: 10:25am On Dec 14, 2014
kinesis:
the book of genesis states clearly that there was a void which consists of the skies we see now and the visible land...only there was nothing...God did seperate these from each other in creation. science does agree very well with the bible...we are just too blind to see it
the book of genesis does not teaches that the heaven and earth was once join together,this contradict the big bang.

The void; it was confusion, and emptiness. In like
manner the work of grace in the soul is a new
creation: and in a graceless soul, one that is not born
again, there is disorder, confusion, and every evil
work: it is empty of all good, for it is without God; it
is dark, it is darkness itself: this is our condition by
nature, till Almighty grace works a change in us. (Ge
1:3-5)
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by malvisguy212: 10:28am On Dec 14, 2014
iamord:
[b]hahaha!! U just made a grave blunder. I was born into a Christian home yet I know better than what you put up there. It just goes to show that you are brainwashed. Tell me one religion that started on a peaceful note and did not kill to drive their message and control? From out traditional religions to hebrew to asia?? Ok let me take you down memory lane... when i see Christians defending their faith purely based on what not, I should let you know that Christianity was a very "minor cult” in the fourth century, while "pagan" religions, especially Mithraism, were much more popular in the Empire put yourself into that time, will you not consider any religion apart from mithraism as pagan?. the Jesus cult
would have faded into oblivion if not for an imperial decree. “It is 391 CE now as Roman Emperor Theodosius elevates Jesus (posthumously) to divinity, declaring Christianity the only
"legitimate" religion of the world,under penalty of death. The ancient myth is rendered law. This decision by Theodosius is possibly the worst ever made in human history: what followed were century after century of torture and murder in the name Jesus and Christianity a year after the decree by Theodosius, crazed Christian monks of Nitria destroyed the majestic Alexandrian Library largely because philosophy and science are taught there—not the Bible. In Alexandria these are times of the highest of intellectual pursuits, all quashed by superstitious and ignorant Christians of the most godly and murderous variety: they had the "Holy Bible" on their side. The Church started killing unbelievers as early as the 4th century. The killing (often with torture) of heretics, church splinter groups, dissenters,atheists, agnostics, deists, pagans, infidels and unbelievers was supported by almost all mainstream Christian theology for over a thousand years.. Remember the witch hunts? Long ago and far away, past atrocities forgotten? So perhaps we should forgive and forget?. Around the world, the Christian Bible is still used to accuse people, usually children, of "witchcraft" and to punish them. Oh I almost forgot! The Bible decrees "Thou shalt not suffer a
witch to live" (Ex 22:18, with support from Dt 18:10-12, Lev 20:27, 2 Chr 33:6, Micah 5:12, and 1 Sam 28:3). In the New Testament, Christians are typically kept ignorant of certain evil and immoral words "If any man come to me, and HATE NOT his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple ." - Luke 14:26.. A lot of Christians will try to ignore the moral problems of slavery by saying that slaves were actually servants or indentured servants. Many translations of the Bible use the word "servant", "bondservant", or "manservant" instead of "slave" to make the Bible seem less immoral than it really is. While many slaves may have worked as household servants, that doesn't mean that they were not slaves who were bought,
sold, and treated worse than livestock.. The following passage shows that slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock.
“However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your
children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this
way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)” just look at the tone or racism in this post. No wonder the whites and arabs had right to enslave a gullible black people. The following passage describes how the Hebrew slaves are to be treated. If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT) Notice how they can get a male Hebrew slave to become a permanent slave by keeping his wife and children hostage until he says he wants to become a permanent slave. What kind of family values are these? The following passage describes the sickening practice of sex slavery. How can anyone think it is moral to sell your own daughter as a sex slave? When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who
bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner
arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her
and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT) Not only does Jesus never advise against slavery, but he recommends savage whipping of disobedient slaves: "And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes ." - Luke 12:47.
Damn! I can go on and on! Am sure pastors and church elders don't quote these verses. What I am just trying to say is that no religion is perfect! Deception are acts to propagate beliefs of things that are not true, or not the whole truth (as in half- truths or omission).. To everyone that reads this post. I say put on your thinking caps!!! Thank you!![/b]
I absolutely agree with atheists and others who say
that many atrocious things have been done in the
name of God, and even in the name of Christianity.
However, these atrocities were not perpetrated by
God, but by evil human beings. Christianity should be
judged
on the basis of what Jesus said and did, not on the
basis of the actions of people who merely claim to be
Christians. Foxe's Book of Martyrs details the deaths
of Christians who were killed because of their faith in
Christ, in many cases by people claiming to be
Christians.
Only God knows the true christians,we don't know for
sure who is a true christians but the bible help us to
knows our brothers in christ.
'' But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness and self-control. Against such things
there is no law.'' ( Galatians 5:22-23)
In addition, the true believer does what is right and
demonstrates love toward others. Even non-
believers can readily see who the true Christians are.
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by Elxandre(m): 10:33am On Dec 14, 2014
Slitz:
I don't agree with you and you don't have to agree with me too. But enforcing that silly idea on me is kinda ridiculous!
What is silly about this?
If you were born in Rome, the likelihood of you being a catholic is very high.
These are things we all know.

I didn't say definitely, but the chances are high.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by charlesditro: 10:35am On Dec 14, 2014
Jesus didnt com for Christians nor did he com for muslims, religion and the likes of it I believe is a device of the evil in mans mind (cos I dont believe there is devil) to course confusion and marginalize our true faith. No man hav seen GOD, only stories, aswell no man hav seen devil, not saying they are not present but besides there are good and evil forces battling our mind outside which vanity is nothing. I am GOD, you are GOD, we are GODs. Christ came to make known this fact and hav us understand the reason for our coexistence. I dont believe any body has the right to tell Me about my father, let alone my maker. I dont know him but he knows me. And this are his language; love, mercy, kindness, grace, care, and many more believe Me if we all practice this values in truth and in spirit, the religion( Christian/Muslim) we so much emphasize on are just like fabric of clothing which no man came into this world with and leaves it with non.
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by charlesditro: 10:38am On Dec 14, 2014
malvisguy212:
judged
Christians.
Heaven is not ment for Christians nor muslims. its ment for u and i.
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by akanbimustaphao(m): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2014
Islam is the only way to paradise.
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by yungmill(m): 10:46am On Dec 14, 2014
iamord:

those where under the old testament of which men made most laws by themselves eg. The laws of moses

Pls show me anywhere in the new testament which is the covenant with jesus christ did any of ur aforementioned happened

Don't mistake the covenant of christ with abraham, get ur facts ryt
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by That2: 10:51am On Dec 14, 2014
malvisguy212:
judged
Christians.
Exactly the same can be said of Islam, All religion tries to exclude themselves from bad eggs by labeling them "Not true".
Jihadist beheads toddler =He isn't a true Muslim
Adolf Hitler murder millions =He isn't a true Christian
Then what is the basis of religion? When it can't instill moral values on individuals. You can't just labelled these bag eggs "Not true Christians/Muslims" when in fact they change the coarse of history! You read how Christianity was just a "Small cult" until an emperor made it official and kill, prosecute and banished all pagan worshippers yet you say he isn't a true Christian. You read how the slave traders used the Bible to justify slavery and tortured Christianity into the minds of blacks yet you say they aren't true Christians. Tell me! If not for these "untrue Christians/Muslims" would we be having this conversation? If not for them would any Nigerians be Christians or Muslim? Why are you now expunging them away from history while they literary affect every part of your life? Why are blacks like this, why!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 14, 2014
hasshams:

Sir, you are seeking perfection; which is utterly impossible.
Re: How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 14, 2014
kemzyAjaks:
lol....and the Qur'an is ur word w dnt av 2 b dogmatic 4 d rest of our lives of coz d Bible was once truly d word of God buh it'z bin altered greatly thru d chain of transmission wich has neva bin subjected to scrutiny. it differs from language to language, frm testament to testament and most of d words contradict each other and even contradict science itself if u believe in somtin, mk ur researchess well so u can stand firm on d@ belief

Ma'am, are you directly or indirectly saying the contents of the Bible are invalid?

It doesn't contradict Science, BTW.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. / Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere: Daddy Freeze Speaks Truth, I Watch His Videos / Recent Pictures Of Coza's Pastor Fatoyinbo After 7-Month Battle With Stroke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 196
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.