Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. (3444 Views)

NEPA Official Electrocuted While Working On Electric Pole In Kaduna Today (pics) / Election Tragedy: Man Electrocuted While Fixing Campaign Banner On Electric Pole / Atiku Abubakar Hanging Out With His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by 100Cents: 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2014
I just spotted a 4 foot long snake hanging on power cables where I have been for a long time now.

One starts to wonder how these creatures climb up such heights..

I have once seen a huge snake taking an upwards dive into the air but here the nearest electric pole to this snake is concrete situated 15 metres away.

All my enemies die by fire

1 Like

Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by acenazt: 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
Dead Meat!!! Licks tongue,brings ladder. Shouts ore bring put pot for faya see meeeeeeat!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by iamodenigbo1(m): 2:02pm On Dec 11, 2014
I HATE SNAKES

1 Like

Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by ionsman: 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
How did you know its 4 feet?

1 Like

Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by 100Cents: 2:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
ionsman:
How did you know its 4 feet?

Because i am with it here.

And I am an engineer..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by ionsman: 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2014
100Cents:

And I am an engineer..
Okay engineer

1 Like

Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by 100Cents: 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
ionsman:

Okay engineer

Thank you sir
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
op dem send d snake come kill u
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by Bishop4bella(m): 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2014
I guess it was hark that drop it from the sky when the snake is struggling for its life but unfortunately its landed on the live wires (high tension cable)

RIP snake
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by PapiWata: 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2014
100Cents:

And I am an engineer..

If you are an ELECTRICITY Engineer like Musiwa, then you should know that the snake was killed by electricity.
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by datguru: 2:59pm On Dec 11, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
I HATE SNAKES

Me too angry
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 11, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
I HATE SNAKES
I like snakes cheesy
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by timawoku(m): 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
Na flying snake?
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by 100Cents: 3:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
I just look am from another angle.

The thing big o.

Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
op u neva die ?? i fink say dem send am come kill u
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by mistabiola: 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
Is this for real
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by Kelvin4224: 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2014
PapiWata:

If you are an ELECTRICITY Engineer like Musiwa, then you should know that the snake was killed by electricity.
everyone knows it was killed by electricity.. the question is how it got there.

1 Like

Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by PapiWata: 8:05pm On Dec 11, 2014
Kelvin4224:
everyone knows it was killed by electricity.. the question is how it got there.

On your behalf, I contacted the local government chairman of the area where the above serpent was photographed, and he has given assurance that a Panel of Inquiry will be constituted for the purpose of deliberating over the ramifications of this mysterious incident, in order to generate and publish a White Paper, whose recommendations will be implemented in consonance with existing objectives and standards enshrined in the constitution guiding relevant local government directives, under the auspices of an Overseeing Committee, all of which will be funded generously from the budget of the current fiscal year.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions that require clarification.

1 Like

Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by Adeoba10(m): 8:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by iamodenigbo1(m): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
customized13:
I like snakes cheesy
good for u bro
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by Feranmicharles(m): 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2014
mistabiola:
Is this for real
no photoshopundecided
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by mistabiola: 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
Feranmicharles:
no photoshopundecided

I thought as much grin cheesy
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by Feranmicharles(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
mistabiola:

I thought as much grin cheesy
grin really grin pele o
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by hippyzuki(f): 9:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
Y u de lie na. This is an oldd picc. That was taken somwere in benin city
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by 100Cents: 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
hippyzuki:
Y u de lie na. This is an oldd picc. That was taken somwere in benin city

Yinmu ?

I snap the pix twice, you say nah Benin city..

Let me send you a screenshot of the picture details..

Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by wirinet(m): 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
100Cents:

And I am an engineer..

What kind of Engineer are you? How can an ordinary carpenter take a look at the above picture and conclude the snake is 4 feet long, not to talk of an engineer. Do you have an idea of what 4 feet is? 4 feet is approximately 1.2meters. I, being of average height is 6feet tall.

Are you telling us that the spaces between the high tension wires is 1 foot? as the snake is at least four times longer than the spaces between the wires. The snake must have been electrocuted by bridging a live wire with the ground wire ( which is the last wire closest to the ground)

From cursory observations, the snake is nothing less than 10 feet long.
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by Tomoarika(m): 10:53pm On Dec 11, 2014
@Wirinet u sabi book.

The snake was simply electrocuted when it bridged two phases. it could hav slithered unhurt if it had remained along a single line. I've seen a squirrel similarly electrocuted. Dats y birds can perch on lines unhurt.

U can test my hypothesis, just jump and hang on a single phase WITHOUT TOUCHING any other phase (neutral included) then tell me the result.
Note: This is done at your own risk! Don't try this at home kids.
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by wirinet(m): 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
Tomoarika:
@Wirinet u sabi book.

The snake was simply electrocuted when it bridged two phases. it could hav slithered unhurt if it had remained along a single line. I've seen a squirrel similarly electrocuted. Dats y birds can perch on lines unhurt.

U can test my hypothesis, just jump and hang on a single phase WITHOUT TOUCHING any other phase (neutral included) then tell me the result.
Note: This is done at your own risk! Don't try this at home kids.

My error, the bridge was between two phases and not between a live wire and the ground. But we agreed that the snake was electrocuted when it bridged two wires. The argument is that from the distance between the wires, the snake cannot be 4 feet long, considering the wires are high tension wires.
Re: 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables. by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 14, 2014
we all know the snake is dead fine we know it was electrocuted. what we don't know is how it got there

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Niger Delta Avengers Begins Move To Defend And Protect Nnandi Kanu / ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets / Peter Obi Reply To Efcc 400 Million Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.