Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate (12827 Views)

Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard / Lagos Governorship Election Result / UPN Picks Woman As Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by ceo4eva: 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2014

The Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) on Thursday ratified the candidature of Mrs Dupe Onitiri-Abiola as the party’s flag bearer for the 2015 Lagos State governorship election.

NAN reports that the candidate is one of the wives of the Chief M.K.O. Abiola, the widely acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election.
Her ratification as the UPN gubernatorial candidate for Lagos State took place during the party’s congress at its secretariat in Lagos.

Addressing newsmen after the congress, Abiola said that she had the pedigree to challenge candidates of other political parties for the governorship seat.

She said: “The UPN has been around for a very long time. “This is the party that was founded by Chief Obafemi Awolowo and resuscitated by Dr Fredrick Fasheun.

“I am from the prominent Onitiri Family of Lagos and married to Abiola. I have a very great chance because the democracy Nigeria is enjoying today flows from the blood of Abiola.”

According to her, she is contesting for the governorship position to make a difference in the lives of the citizenry.

“I am very optimistic of winning. We are going to start from ground zero because there is nothing on ground. The UPN stands for free education, free health care, poverty reduction and infrastructural development.

“It is ironic that some of the people who claim that they fought for this democracy are not doing the right thing. They know that MKO died so that the people of this country can live well and be happy.

“If you are claiming to be a part of that struggle, you have no reason to make people to suffer in this country,” she added.

Earlier, the state Chairman of UPN, Mr Femi Ikuomola, who presented the party’s flag to Abiola, said that she was endorsed by delegates across the various local government areas of Lagos State.

Ikuomola said that Abiola was picked because of her pedigree and integrity, adding that the party was optimistic of her success at the polls.

He said:”The UPN is a party with a clear manifesto which includes free education, healthcare, affordable accommodation and poverty eradication. We have the money in Lagos State to make these to happen.

“We intend to address the poor people who have been neglected to make Lagos a comfortable place for everybody.”

Ikuomola urged residents of the state not to be swayed by cash gifts and other items that might be distributed by some parties to solicit for their votes.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/12/11/abiolas-wife-emerge-upn-lagos-governorship-candidate/

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by IceDaNemesis(m): 4:58pm On Dec 11, 2014
She'll lose badly. Haha. I just effing made F. T.C and politics ain't my ish.

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by WaleGent(m): 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
Politics is getting more interesting.
From wake keeping to well organised convention and these now.
2015 the movie. Watch out!!!!!
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by ceo4eva: 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2014
IceDaNemesis:
This might get to fp

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by temitemi1(m): 5:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
Madam, go and invest ur money on something else. Even if d post is for free it will never get to u.GEJ till 2019!!!

4 Likes

Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
Great, she would beat Jimi Agbaje and lose to Ambode easily...

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
hahahahahahaha
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by Tuljaking(m): 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
nonsense

Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by dmjinc(m): 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
Incredible shocked shocked
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by pat077: 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
attention seekers every where.

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2014
What is UPN? Is it another form of UPS?
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by BlaiseJohn(m): 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2014
I can see she is just jobless....... Make she go dey do granny jor

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by Bennyberry(m): 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2014
Nr be d same woman when be wan be president?..she confuse sha
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by manutdadex(m): 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
we get only two political parties for naija and odas! Sorry ma no waste money na!
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by Hysmady(m): 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
Smell
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by asodeboyede(m): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
Good luck To Her.....
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by April4th(m): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
Waste of time and money cos she nor go ever win... My take
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by lordprosh(m): 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
Keneking:
Great, she would beat Jimi Agbaje and lose to Ambode easily...
lol very funny
..she won't get 1000 votes ..
but it's nice to have a female in d race
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by Fabulousmark(m): 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
v

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by fapcrook(m): 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
This dirty game is gertting messier, by d way how many wives did Abiola have while alive

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by mistabiola: 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
I wish you un-guarantee success cheesy grin
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by IceDaNemesis(m): 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
[quote author=ceo4eva post=28793089][/quote] haha.
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by ohosi4real(m): 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
Na only u waka come
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by sexymoma(f): 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
mistabiola:
I wish you un-guarantee success cheesy grin
grin make dem sha knw say she dey dia... Ma`m i`ll advise you to spend less... Those pple supporting you would secretly vote for APC or PDP o grin

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
She becomes only the third woman to win a guber primary in Nigeria, after Rep Uche Ekwunife (PPA, 2010), and Sen. Hassan (APC 2014).
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by JigsawKillah(m): 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
She be actor for this action film
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by freezyprinzy(m): 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
d result b lyk dupe onitiri abiola 1vote
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by yurme(m): 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
_
Re: Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate by ishiamu(m): 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
sexymoma:
grin make dem sha knw say she dey dia... Ma`m i`ll advise you to spend less... Those pple supporting would secretly vote for APC or PDP o grin

She wan divide tinubu vote hehehe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Six In Adamawa, Injures 8 / Prince Eze Madumere Honours Jasper Azuatalam With An Award (Photos) / 2023: Britain Demands List Of Election Violence Sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.