Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,360 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" (3094 Views)

Avocado Carrot Cake / How To Make Carrot Puree-healthy Baby Food / Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 1:04am On Dec 12, 2014
Recipe

500g self-raising flour

450g light brown sugar

4 medium eggs

600g grated carrots

250ml sunflower oil

2 tsp vanilla extract

1 tbsp. cinnamon

½ tsp. bicarbonate of soda

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

¼ cup desiccated coconut

100g crushed pineapple

100g walnuts

100g raisins soaked in fruit juice

2 6” round lined cake tins
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 1:05am On Dec 12, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 1:16am On Dec 12, 2014
Carrot cake can be eaten on its own or with cream cheese frosting,

Also fresh grated coconut can be used inplace of dried.
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by mumumugu(m): 3:27am On Dec 12, 2014
Carrot cake is not sweet.

Try bitterleaf cake instead
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by Rubyventures: 10:55am On Dec 12, 2014
mumumugu:
Carrot cake is not sweet.
Try bitterleaf cake instead

are you sure it is carrot cake you ate? Carrot cake is one of the healthiest cakes around at the moment.
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 3:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
Also you can leave out the nuts and raisins if you are not that keen on nuts.
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 12:34pm On Dec 14, 2014
ou can also use butter instead of vegetable oil.
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 3:27am On Dec 16, 2014
Method:

1- Mix dry ingredients
2- Mix wet ingredients
3- place in mixer on a low setting to avoid splashing.
4- Turn on oven to the 180 degrees celcius
5- Pre line 2 7" pans
5- Divide mixure evenly between pans
6- Place in oven and bake between 45 mins to and hour.
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by omoolanike: 10:23am On Dec 17, 2014
Pls what can you add in a cake that can preserver it for three weeks without puting it inside the fridge. Its a question thrown to me by sm1, bt i said normal presevetive and brandy, bt d person said i got it wrong and she didn't tell me d answer to it.
I asked someone and she said its fruit cake dat can stay for thrEe weeks with puting it in a fridge, bt am still not sure. Pls help me out
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by Rubyventures: 11:16am On Dec 17, 2014
omoolanike:
Pls what can you add in a cake that can preserver it for three weeks without puting it inside the fridge. Its a question thrown to me by sm1, bt i said normal presevetive and brandy, bt d person said i got it wrong and she didn't tell me d answer to it.
I asked someone and she said its fruit cake dat can stay for thrEe weeks with puting it in a fridge, bt am still not sure. Pls help me out

I think fruit cake is the only cake that can stay out of the fridge for that length of time, because of the spirit it is soaked in. Infact you do not keep fruit cake in the fridge.
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
omoolanike:

@ omlanike I wouldn't advice you to put preservatives in cakes. Try and plan and bake your cakes nearer to the time you need them. It is different for fruit cakes as you can bake them up to 4 months in advance and feed it with spirit (brandy, rum, sherry etc) to mature it. The longer the maturity the better it tastes. Fruit/rumcakes are best kept wrapped up in a sealed container and kept in a cool dark place.

Instead of putting preservatives in your cakes you cand freeze them . When you want to use it you bring out and keep at room temperature to defrost.
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 9:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
You can also mix nuts in flour so they don't sink to the bottom.
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2014
Merry Christmas everyone
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 10:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
Happy New Year
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 8:54am On Feb 22, 2015
smiley
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 9:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
Happy New month.
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 11:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
[email][/email][url][/url]
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 11:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 3:56pm On Jun 01, 2015
happy new month
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by Rubyventures: 10:55am On Jun 30, 2015
Best recipe so far
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by Rubyventures: 10:15am On Jul 13, 2015
Very healthy cake for the health concious
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by marylandcakes: 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
Rubyventures:
Very healthy cake for the health concious

On point.
Re: A video tutorial on "How To Make Carrot Cake" by Rubyventures: 10:27am On Jul 15, 2015
marylandcakes:

On point.

Most importantly no preservatives.

(1) (Reply)

The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Alcohol / Gas Cooker Vs Kerosene Stove: Which One Do You Use/ Prefer?? / Best Champaign Brand In The Market:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.