Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,424 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:12 PM

Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria (7074 Views)

Buhari:“my People Are Useless,my People Are Senseless,my People Are Indiscipline / Aisha Buhari: My Husband Never Said He Will Scrap Office Of First Lady / Why I’m Not Proud To Call Buhari My President — Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 12, 2014
December 12, 2014

Written by Emmanuel Oladesu, Dare Odufowokan and Musa Odoshimokhe

With yesterday’s emergence of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari as the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the stage seems set for a major battle on February 14, next year.

President Goodluck Jonathan was returned by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abuja early yesterday. He was the only aspirant.

Dr. Jonathan immediately named Vice President Namadi Sambo as his running mate.

The APC is yet to name Gen. Buhari’s runing mate.

Gen. Buhari’s victory elicited celebration at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, Lagos Mainland venue of the colourful convention.

The former Head of State scored 3,430 of the total 5,992 votes cast.

Kano State Govenor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso got 974 votes, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar got 954 votes, Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha had 624.

There was a huge ovation when the 10 votes scored by publisher San Nda-Isaiah was announced. He brought the rear in the contest.

Atiku congratulated Gen. Buhari even before the completion of vote counting. In a tweet, Atiku said: “Congratulation Gen. Buhari. The delegates have spoken, you fully deserve the victory.” He signed the tweet with his initial AA.

His acceptance of the result was reinforced with a statement from his media office tittled “My word is my bond”, also released before the end of counting. Atiku pledged to support the standard bearer.

The primary was monitored by Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) officials.

Following Gen. Buhari’s emergence as the APC flag bearer, sources said that the Presidency and the PDP national leadership were jittery. Many PDP chieftains close to the President made phone calls to reporters to know the likely winner. A Lagos PDP chieftain said: “We in the PDP have been keeping vigil too. The President and all our leaders are interested in knowing the results. We know there will be a great contest now in 2015.”

APC national leaders, who came from the six geo-political zones, were in one accord at the event presided over by the National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun. They included the Speaker of the House of Representatives and Sokoto State governorship candidate, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, the National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Chief Ogbonnaya Onu, Chief Bisi Akande, Prince Tony Momoh, Senator Abba Bukar Ibrahim, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, Senator Adamu Aliero, Mr. Audu Ogbeh and Senator Atiku Baguda.

APC governors stormed the stadium in grand style, waving the brooms as they moved round the venue to welcome delegates. They included Babatunde Fashola (SAN) (Lagos State), Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Rauf Aregebsola (Osun), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers), Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto), Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara), Abdulazeez Yari (Zamfara), Tanko al-Makura (Nasarawa), Ibrahim Gaidam (Yobe), and Kashim Shettima (Borno).

Other chieftains included Oyo State Deputy Governor Moses Adeyemo, his Lagos State counterpart, Mrs. Joke Orelope-Adefulire, Osun State Deputy Governor Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori, former Osun State Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola, Hon. Dakuku Peterside, Dr. Tahiru Maman, Borno State House of Assembly Speaker Hon. Abdulkareem Lawal, his Lagos State counterpart, Hon. Yemi Ikuforiji, Kano State House of Assembly Speaker Isiaku Ali, House of Representatives Minority Leader Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, Senators Bukola Saraki, Ajayi Boroffice, Oluremi Tinubu, Ganiyu Solomon, Mudashiru Hussein, Sola Adeyeye, Babafemi Ojudu, Mr. Wale Edun, Hon. Wale Osun, Prince Abiodun Ogunleye, Princess Sarah Sosan, Hon. Danladi Bako, Alhaji Kawu Baraje, Mr. Tokunbo Ajasin, Hon. James Faleke, and Dr. Hassan Lawal.

There were also Senator Sani Yerima, Kwara State Deputy Governor Peter Kisira, former Kwara State Governor Shaba Lafiagi, Senator Gbenga Ashafa, Dr. Chris Ngige, Chief Oyewole Fasawe, Mrs. Aisa Al-Hassan, Alhaji Kawu Baraje, Senator Julius Ocha, Enugu State governorship aspirant Okey Ezea, Senator Isiaka Adeleke, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN), Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora, Senator Kabiru Gaya, Otunba Niyi Adebayo, Senator Tony Adefuye, Senator Barnabas Gemade, Erelu Bisi Fayemi, Senator Obange Domingo, Magnus Abe, Ibrahim Musa, Alkali Jajere, Babajide Omoworare, Jubrilla Bindow, and Senator George Akume. Senator John Udoedehe, Mrs. Rachel Akpabio and Musa Gwadabe.

At 11 pm on Wednesday, the event kicked off, following the opening prayers by Senator Olabiyi Durojaye, a party elder from Ogun State, and National Secretary Bala Mala. The Master of Ceremony was House of Representatives member Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa. The all-night event continued till last night. The highlights included the adoption of the party constitution amendment, the unveiling of the APC General Elections Manifestos by Odigie-Oyegun, a 10-minute speech by each of the five aspirants and the explanation of the voting procedure by the Planning Committee Chairman and former Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-plan-nigeria-2/

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Inkredible(m): 6:15am On Dec 12, 2014
Waiting
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by IKJ66(m): 6:15am On Dec 12, 2014
STORY FOR THE GODS

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by leonard509(m): 6:15am On Dec 12, 2014
Hm
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Uncleodi(m): 6:33am On Dec 12, 2014
Ok
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 12, 2014
Abeg, make una join me in asking what are Buhari's plans for Nigeria because I have neither seen nor heard him talk of any. Likewise, I did not see any plan in the above report.

In fact, all I see is a religious fanatic banking on his cult followership in the north to win a national election. Buhari's cult followership in the north can directly be attributed to his support for Shari'a and the almajiri syndrome, which is a poverty-perpetuating system created and maintained by northern elites like Buhari over the decades.

God forbid this plan-less, clueless, fanatical and divisive Buhari as president of Nigeria.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by smartcount003(m): 7:31am On Dec 12, 2014
Even though the presidential election is going to be keenly contested between GEJ and Buhari, I'm very sure Buhari will be floored. Victory is certain for GEJ, and there's nothing anybody can do about it.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by PointB: 8:41am On Dec 12, 2014
Because Buhari is as clueless as they come, you can see several of his fan opening threads to make plans for him. A man who couldn't plan his retirement, has no meaningful source of income, has no house, and has no money at his age, in incapable of thinking.

Buhari has no plan, because he can't think through policies, he's hoping his VP will provide him with plans and leadership.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 12, 2014
Where is the plan?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 12, 2014
gboss4sure:
Where is the plan?
He is too clueless to have a plan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Collynzo9: 9:10am On Dec 12, 2014
He has plans not just for Nigeria but for the world.
He will stabilize oil prices.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by onatisi(m): 9:34am On Dec 12, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

He is too clueless to have a plan
this is one thing I have come to notice about the nigeria problem. Every nigerian keeps talking about nigeria problem,but I have asked many nigerians and surprisinly ,they don't even know what the problem is!talkless of knowing the solution. If the people don't know the problem how can they know the right solution,if they don't know the right solutions how will the be able to sieve through these aspirants claim and know which one of them even has a clue about the nigerian situation? These politicians know this that is why they don't bother having a plan,they only bring promises with no actual plan or way to execute them.nigerians need to look at each aspirants and view them according to their plans for every sector of the nigerian society and not just because of personal hatred. Pdp,the party to beat the party to be in .

6 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by iconize(m): 9:49am On Dec 12, 2014
Lol!

Somebody posted an interview on here - where Buhari said he'd stabilize world oil prices. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 12, 2014
onatisi:
this is one thing I have come to notice about the nigeria problem. Every nigerian keeps talking about nigeria problem,but I have asked many nigerians and surprisinly ,they don't even know what the problem is!talkless of knowing the solution. If the people don't know the problem how can they know the right solution,if they don't know the right solutions how will the be able to sieve through these aspirants claim and know which one of them even has a clue about the nigerian situation? These politicians know this that is why they don't bother having a plan,they only bring promises with no actual plan or way to execute them.nigerians need to look at each aspirants and view them according to their plans for every sector of the nigerian society and not just because of personal hatred. Pdp,the party to beat the party to be in .
If you ask for plans, they'll tell you he will fight corruption. In Nigeria today, who is more corrupt than those currently hanging around Buhari in APC? Can the product of corruption fight corruption? Assuming he even intends to fight corruption, the question is how does he intend to do that? aren't we entitled to know how?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by double0seven(m): 9:59am On Dec 12, 2014
^^^^^^^^

Sir please stop the hypocrisy, most Nigerians, even majority of youths knows our major problem is corruption.... and the most competent solution is an incorruptible leader who can lead the fight against corruption by example....

.....that is the foremost thing that needs to be done before Nigeria can experience any significant and fast paced development....

.....and students of politics will tell you, politics is the superstructure while economy is the substructure. A corrupt free Nigeria, where the rule of law, justice and equity (superstructure) is the order of the day is the foundation on which good economic polices and short &long term sustainable development will be built. A year one student of political science knows this.

But what we have now is treasury looting, embezzlement and corruption of unimaginable proportions, executive impunity and disregard for the rule of law. Judges are being beaten and slapped, a governor impeaching a Speaker with just seven legislators and scaring the rest out of the state with the support of the police, National Assembly attacked by orders from top, you name it, the list just goes on and on

......but I know people like you will say corruption is not Nigeria's problem...

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 12, 2014
double0seven:
^^^^^^^^

Sir please stop the hypocrisy, most Nigerians, even majority of youths knows our major problem is corruption.... and the most competent solution is an incorruptible leader who can lead the fight against corruption by example....

.....that is the foremost thing that needs to be done before Nigeria can experience any significant and fast paced development....

.....and students of politics will tell you, politics is the superstructure while economy is the substructure. A corrupt free Nigeria, where the rule of law, justice and equity (superstructure) is the order of the day is the foundation on which good economic polices and short &long term sustainable development will be built. A year one student of political science knows this.

But what we have now is treasury looting, embezzlement and corruption of unimaginable proportions, executive impunity and disregard for the rule of law. Judges are being beaten and slapped, a governor impeaching a Speaker with just seven legislators and scaring the rest out of the state with the support of the police, National Assembly attacked by orders from top, you name it, the list just goes on and on

......but I know people like you will say corruption is not Nigeria's problem...
Assuming our problem is even corruption, can it be solved just by voting buhari? Corruption has been in menace in Nigeria since independence, how come it has not been solved up till date? How can APC even talk of fighting corruption when the leader of the party, Tinubu, is corruption himself?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by PhockPhockMan: 11:17am On Dec 12, 2014
double0seven:
^^^^^^^^

Keep quiet if you can't answer Op's questions. What is Buhari's plans to better the living standard of Nigerians?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by 9jii(m): 11:22am On Dec 12, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Abeg, make una join me in asking what are Buhari's plans for Nigeria because I have neither seen nor heard him talk of any. Likewise, I did not see any plan in the above report.
In fact, all I see is a religious fanatic banking on his cult followership in the north to win a national election. Buhari's cult followership in the north can directly be attributed to his support for Shari'a and the almajiri syndrome, which is a poverty-perpetuating system created and maintained by northern elites like Buhari over the decades.
God forbid this plan-less, clueless, fanatical and divisive Buhari as president of Nigeria.
Part of of buhari's speech yesterday.
#APCDecide

Let’s be clear. This is not a time for continuity. Failure does not deserve continuity. Incompetence does not deserve continuity.

It deserves change; that is what the nation deserves and that is what we will bring.

Make no mistake – as is always the case for those who seek to bring change, it will not come easy.

And today I ask for your votes and support as I make these five pledges to the nation:

I will honestly govern Nigeria in accord with the constitution and rule of law.

I will bring all resources necessary to end poverty through ending corruption, promoting broadly-shared economic growth, investing in our country and creating jobs.

I will tolerate no religious, regional, ethnic or gender bias.

I will return Nigeria to a position of international respect through active and wise foreign policy.

I will select the best Nigerians for posts in my government.

I do not intend to rule Nigeria. I want to democratically govern it with your help. I seek a Nigeria where Christians and Muslims may practice their faiths in peace and security; a Nigeria that is just and where corruption no longer trespasses into our institutions and national behavior and a Nigeria where our diversity could be used for our national prosperity.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 12, 2014
iconize:
Lol!

Somebody posted an interview on here - where Buhari said he'd stabilize world oil prices. grin grin grin grin

It is amazing my brother. That man Buhari has nothing upstairs!

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by onatisi(m): 11:23am On Dec 12, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

If you ask for plans, they'll tell you he will fight corruption. In Nigeria today, who is more corrupt than those currently hanging around Buhari in APC? Can the product of corruption fight corruption? Assuming he even intends to fight corruption, the question is how does he intend to do that? aren't we entitled to know how?
nigeria democracy has got to move beyond the point of voters asking aspirants what you intend to do without asking how he or she intends to do it. I will give 3 examples. I was in ghana during their last presidential elections and the ndc candidate nana ado dankwa was campaigning on the promise of giving ghanians free education to ssce level,many ppl swallowed the hook. But president mahaman ,told ghanians that they should ask nana how he intends to fund the free education that for his own administration what he will give is quality education at an affordable price. When nana was asked how he intends to fund the programme he couldn't come up with a workable programme. In 1999 ,when obj took over office prof graham douglas promised nigerian 3million jobs withing 3 years,by the end of the second year he told nigerians he never promised that and that the figure wasn't possible. I was at eagles square when obj was sworn in and I heard it when he promise adequate fuel supply and running refineries within 12month.prof sam aluko later visited him in aso rock and asked him how he intends to accomplish that,obj didn't have a clue. All these examples is to show that politicians can promise anything to win votes and elections it is up to the people to start asking them what plans do they have and HOW they intend to accomplish it. If a politician makes a promise and says he won't tell the people how he intends to accomplish it ,then it simply means he has no plan.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by onatisi(m): 11:30am On Dec 12, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Keep quiet if you can't answer Op's questions. What is Buhari's plans to better the living standard of Nigerians?
please just ignore posters like that. He has nothing upstairs to share .

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Amanwulu1(m): 11:33am On Dec 12, 2014
Hope somebody welcomes me to dis cherished group- SBA`N. I don join abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by 9jii(m): 11:41am On Dec 12, 2014
iconize:
Lol!

Pity,you are not good at distortion of fact.
You mentioning'oil world market' really makes you victim of CLUELESSness

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by obailala(m): 11:43am On Dec 12, 2014
PointB:
Because Buhari is as clueless as they come, you can see several of his fan opening threads to make plans for him. A man who couldn't plan his retirement, has no meaningful source of income, has no house, and has no money at his age, in incapable of thinking.

Buhari has no plan, because he can't think through policies, hopefully his VP will provide him with plans and leadership.

In your typical Nigerian depraved mind, your definition of a good thinker who planned his retirement is someone who owns houses in all cities of the world and has billions littered in his account right?... Have you ever thought of the possibility of a person preferring a modest life?

Who told you he does not own the house he presently lives in?... Who told you he doesn't have just enough money to feed himself and cater for his family?... Isn't it strange that we as Nigerians (and by extension all Africans) have the worst set of yardsticks we use to measure success and yet we wonder why Africa still remains the dark continent?

11 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by brownlord2: 11:48am On Dec 12, 2014
onatisi:
nigeria democracy has got to move beyond the point of voters asking aspirants what you intend to do without asking how he or she intends to do it. I will give 3 examples. I was in ghana during their last presidential elections and the ndc candidate nana ado dankwa was campaigning on the promise of giving ghanians free education to ssce level,many ppl swallowed the hook. But president mahaman ,told ghanians that they should ask nana how he intends to fund the free education that for his own administration what he will give is quality education at an affordable price. When nana was asked how he intends to fund the programme he couldn't come up with a workable programme. In 1999 ,when obj took over office prof graham douglas promised nigerian 3million jobs withing 3 years,by the end of the second year he told nigerians he never promised that and that the figure wasn't possible. I was at eagles square when obj was sworn in and I heard it when he promise adequate fuel supply and running refineries within 12month.prof sam aluko later visited him in aso rock and asked him how he intends to accomplish that,obj didn't have a clue. All these examples is to show that politicians can promise anything to win votes and elections it is up to the people to start asking them what plans do they have and HOW they intend to accomplish it. If a politician makes a promise and says he won't tell the people how he intends to accomplish it ,then it simply means he has no plan.

You absolutely right, apc will end insurgency within one month if voted for, without telling us how they intend to, they will fight corruption without telling us how they intend to, bearing in mind one of the company's ceo himself defines corruption. Amaechi was quoted saying he came with money to match atkiku dollar for dollar in the just concluded convention, no one is asking questions.

The more you look, the less you see is the perfect definition of Nigeria politics

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by sban(m): 11:48am On Dec 12, 2014
Amanwulu1:
Hope somebody welcomes me to dis cherished group- Nairaland. I don join abeg.

Welcome

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 12, 2014
Collynzo9:
He has plans not just for Nigeria but for the world.
He will stabilize oil prices.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Buhari wants to rule the world! shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by obailala(m): 11:56am On Dec 12, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

First of all, may I point out that in addition to the people who surround GEJ being equally corrupt as the ones surrounding GMB, GEJ himself is also seriously tainted with the corruption bug and he even proudly defends the filth.

On the other hand, I'm glad you agree that it is only the people around GMB who are corrupt and not the man himself. That in my opinion is the first step in minimising corruption.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by 9jii(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2014
PointB:

Buhari has no plan, because he can't think through policies, hopefully his VP will provide him with plans and leadership.
THE WORD CLUELESS REMAINS WITH It ORIGINAL OWNER.
just because you are one sided mind,never make mistake of speaking for other.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by brownlord2: 11:57am On Dec 12, 2014
obailala:

In your typical Nigerian depraved mind, your definition of a good thinker who planned his retirement is someone who owns houses in all cities of the world and has billions littered in his account right?... Have you ever thought of the possibility of a person preferring a modest life?

Who told you he does not own the house he presently lives in?... Who told you he doesn't have just enough money to feed himself and cater for his family?... Isn't it strange that we as Nigerians (and by extension all Africans) have the worst set of yardsticks we use to measure success and yet we wonder why Africa still remains the dark continent?

A retired general

Former head of state

Ptf chairman, do not have any single business, not even a pure water factory as you people want us to believe. How can such a man manage our economy?

No one is asking him to own a university or big businesses like other corrupt politicians, but investing or having any traceable business after holding those key positions tells about his thinking ability

Either the man is clueless for never investing after retirement or he's hiding something period. You can't tell me he contested three (3) elections with donations from friends and family members

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by chemali: 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

A retired general

Former head of state

Ptf chairman, do not have any single business, not even a pure water factory as you people want us to believe. How can such a man manage our economy?

No one is asking him to own a university or big businesses like other corrupt politicians, but investing or having any traceable business after holding those key positions tells about his thinking ability

Either the man is clueless for never investing after retirement or he's hiding something period. You can't tell me he contested three (3) elections with donations from friends and family members

Can you answer that question on behalf of the zoologist? When you are done trying to explain economic cluelessness under GEJ, Google Buharinomics.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by 1wolex85: 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
obailala:

As in! The yardsticks we use to measure success in this part of the world is nauseating. Must everybody be business inclined? The guy has said he depends on his pension, what is the crime in that? When someone said Nigerians encourage corruption, he wasn't wrong. Besides gmb speaks at different fora where he gets honorarium. Same thing bill Clinton does.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Touching Photos: Family Members Of The Condemned Drug Traffickers In Indonesia. / Inec's Inability To Conduct Fair Elections Is The Biggest Threat To Unity - Wike / Aisha Buhari Sister: This Is Not Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.