Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria (7132 Views)

Buhari:“my People Are Useless,my People Are Senseless,my People Are Indiscipline / Aisha Buhari: My Husband Never Said He Will Scrap Office Of First Lady / Why I’m Not Proud To Call Buhari My President — Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by double0seven(m): 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
^^^^^^^^^^

the above argument of "brownlord" and postulation is so daft, that it's dafter than daft....yet he keeps on repeating it everywhere...as if Buhari has never being in position of power and authority before.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by obailala(m): 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

A retired general

Former head of state

Ptf chairman, do not have any single business, not even a pure water factory as you people want us to believe. How can such a man manage our economy?

No one is asking him to own a university or big businesses like other corrupt politicians, but investing or having any traceable business after holding those key positions tells about his thinking ability

Either the man is clueless for never investing after retirement or he's hiding something period. You can't tell me he contested three (3) elections with donations from friends and family members

..and what makes you feel he doesn't have those little businesses and other standard things you have mentioned?... He lives in a nice house in a high brow area of Kaduna, he's from katsina and I'm sure he must have a house in his home town. His military pension and benefits as a past head of state is also enough for him to live a modest comfortable life and he has chosen to do so.

Simply because he has chosen a modest life instead of the flamboyant lifestyle of typical African past leaders, some homosapiens now consider him a clueless ediot?... With such reasoning abound and we still wonder why Africa is the dark continent undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by jmaine: 12:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

A retired general

Former head of state

Ptf chairman, do not have any single business, not even a pure water factory as you people want us to believe. How can such a man manage our economy?

No one is asking him to own a university or big businesses like other corrupt politicians, but investing or having any traceable business after holding those key positions tells about his thinking ability

Either the man is clueless for never investing after retirement or he's hiding something period. You can't tell me he contested three (3) elections with donations from friends and family members

He actually benefited from the loots of the Abachas before switching camp to Tinubu loots . . . . . Buhari anti corruption stance can only be ingested by his gullible pack of m.orons . . . .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by brownlord2: 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2014
obailala:
..and what makes you feel he doesn't have those little businesses and other standard things you have mentioned?... He lives in a nice house in a high brow area of Kaduna, he's from katsina and I'm sure he must have a house in his home town. His military pension and benefits as a past head of state is also enough for him to live a modest comfortable life and he has chosen to do so.

Simply because he has chosen a modest life instead of the flamboyant lifestyle of typical African past leaders, some homosapiens now consider him a clueless ediot?... With such reasoning abound and we still wonder why Africa is the dark continent undecided

Buharicansta and other of his almajiris here have repeatedly said he has no other source of income apart from pension as military man and other benefit as past head of state.

Are you saying the man was able to persecute three (3) election with his retirement money or there are businesses he owns that we don't know about?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by kayalcomp: 12:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
SAI BUHARI. We are shouting for CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by brownlord2: 12:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
double0seven:
^^^^^^^^^^

the above argument of "brownlord" and postulation is so daft, that it's dafter than daft....yet he keeps on repeating it everywhere...as if Buhari has never being in position of power and authority before.

Your point?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by 1wolex85: 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

A retired general

Former head of state

I hope you know speaking at different fora and earning honorarium is a business in itself? Nigerians struggle to understand the intangible, that is why I will never understand it when people describe a particular tribe as the best business oriented people. For Nigerians, once they can't see it, it's not business.
Between, who said anything about him managing the economy? I for one doesn't think he has the capacity to do it but he will only be accountable not responsible for the economy if he becomes president

Kindly tell us the businesses gej has, remember this is a man that has refused to declare his assets. Also remember he is a zoologist, pray, tell us how he is 'managing the economy'
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by brownlord2: 12:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
jmaine:

He actually benefited from the loots of the Abachas before switching camp to Tinubu loots . . . . . Buhari anti corruption stance can only be ingested by his gullible fans . . . .

I still maintain he is not corrupt since no corruption cases against him, but we need to know the source of his income. This can't be retirement money

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

You absolutely right, apc will end insurgency within one month if voted for, without telling us how they intend to, they will fight corruption without telling us how they intend to, bearing in mind one of the company's ceo himself defines corruption. Amaechi was quoted saying he came with money to match atkiku dollar for dollar in the just concluded convention, no one is asking questions.

The more you look, the less you see is the perfect definition of Nigeria politics

Why should they tell you? If you can't do it on your own using your own brain why don't you step aside for those who can? You've been there for several years, no improvement no nothing, yet you want to collect "orijo" of good governance? Craze dey worry you.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by jmaine: 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

I still maintain he is not corrupt since no corruption cases against him, but we need to know the source of his income. This can't be retirement money

Then i assume that IBB, OBJ, Akpabio, Fashola et al., are not corrupt since there are no corruption cases against them . . .

Nice thought process . . . . .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by 1wolex85: 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

Are you saying all the funds candidates spend during campaign come from their pockets?
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by brownlord2: 12:22pm On Dec 12, 2014
1wolex85:

I hope you know speaking at different fora and earning honorarium is a business in itself? Nigerians struggle to understand the intangible, that is why I will never understand it when people describe a particular tribe as the best business oriented people. For Nigerians, once they can't see it, it's not business.
Between, who said anything about him managing the economy? I for one doesn't think he has the capacity to do it but he will only be accountable not responsible for the economy if he becomes president

Kindly tell us the businesses gej has, remember this is a man that has refused to declare his assets. Also remember he is a zoologist, pray, tell us how he is 'managing the economy'

Oye buhari followers, kindly stop mentioning GEJ anytime a question about buhari is being discussed, its senseless and stupid and shows you got nothing to counter the arguments. Stop giving me that crap as I don't even support Jonathan nor will I be voting for him either, I've said so several times on this forum.

And about buhari not responsible for the economy, are you by any means insinuating we are about voting in a committee or adviser president who will rely on sycophants and party members to make decision?

Damn you bro, we don't need such a man at this age, not someone who want to stabilize the prize of crude oil as if he has the power

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by brownlord2: 12:23pm On Dec 12, 2014
1wolex85:

Are you saying all the funds candidates spend during campaign come from their pockets?

Are you saying candidates rely solely on sponsorship for election?
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Caseless: 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Abeg, make una join me in asking what are Buhari's plans for Nigeria because I have neither seen nor heard him talk of any. Likewise, I did not see any plan in the above report.

In fact, all I see is a religious fanatic banking on his cult followership in the north to win a national election. Buhari's cult followership in the north can directly be attributed to his support for Shari'a and the almajiri syndrome, which is a poverty-perpetuating system created and maintained by northern elites like Buhari over the decades.

God forbid this plan-less, clueless, fanatical and divisive Buhari as president of Nigeria.
u ar so un-intelligent! U jst copied the list of those present at d event and pasted it here. Is that whre to find buhari's plan? Hav u read his acceptance speech or d manifesto? His plans are there.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by brownlord2: 12:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
django1:

Why should they tell you? If you can't do it on your own using your own brain why don't you step aside for those who can? You've been there for several years, no improvement no nothing, yet you want to collect "orijo" of good governance? Craze dey worry you.

You must think the discussion is about amala or ewedu, please stfu
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

You must think the discussion is about amala or ewedu, please stfu

No its about your empty skull, isi ewu. grin
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
double0seven:
^^^^^^^^

Sir please stop the hypocrisy, most Nigerians, even majority of youths knows our major problem is corruption.... and the most competent solution is an incorruptible leader who can lead the fight against corruption by example....

.....that is the foremost thing that needs to be done before Nigeria can experience any significant and fast paced development....

.....and students of politics will tell you, politics is the superstructure while economy is the substructure. A corrupt free Nigeria, where the rule of law, justice and equity (superstructure) is the order of the day is the foundation on which good economic polices and short &long term sustainable development will be built. A year one student of political science knows this.

But what we have now is treasury looting, embezzlement and corruption of unimaginable proportions, executive impunity and disregard for the rule of law. Judges are being beaten and slapped, a governor impeaching a Speaker with just seven legislators and scaring the rest out of the state with the support of the police, National Assembly attacked by orders from top, you name it, the list just goes on and on

......but I know people like you will say corruption is not Nigeria's problem...

Corruption is not Nigeria major problem.

Just restructure Nigeria and see how corruption will be greatly crippled.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by jmaine: 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Excellent . . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Moyos: 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT!!!

The popular behavioural interviews which is fast gaining acceptance among recruiters are based on the assumption that the most accurate predictor of future performance is past performance in similar situations. I agree. In line with this, here are the one major reason and ten others why you should vote Buhari (GMB) as President in 2015:

The major reason: Buhari has shown that he can fight corruption
The single greatest malady threatening to strangulate this nation is corruption. It is both the nucleus and the lifeblood of all other disorders endangering us as a people, and casting us in the mould of an unserious nation in the eyes of the world. It is from corruption that all other obvious backward-pulling forces derive their strength. And to simply say it the way it is, most of our leaders are barefaced thieves. They are totally undisguised in their business of stealing the nation to stupor.
It is in his ability to wrestle the monster of corruption to the ground and pull out the nation from its destructive grip that GMB shines brighter than all his opponents, whether within his own political party, the APC, or in the ruling party, the PDP. That Buhari is honest, scrupulous, and totally trustworthy is beyond disputation. All along, not a single shred of evidence has been brought forward to counter his assertion that he has never stolen public funds. In GMB, we are blessed with a Nigerian politician that has not filled his pockets with our commonwealth, a rare success story!
Other reasons:
• Buhari’s economic prowess as military Head of State has been touted as the best economic initiative this nation has ever recorded. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, former Governor of the Central Bank, called it Buharinomics. His government is revered for its ability to keep the country afloat by making progress through sheer economic ingenuity even when it rejected IMF loan and refused to adopt IMF conditionalities to devalue the Naira..

• His government is praised for its gain in reducing inflation by refusing to devalue the Nigerian Naira, curbing imports of needless goods, curtailing oil theft and using counter trade policy to barter seized illegally bunkered crude oil for needful goods like machineries, enabling it to export above its OPEC quota. His practical economic policies reduced inflation from 23 per cent to 4 per cent within 20 months and kept the Naira stronger than the Dollar with an exchange rate of N1 to $1.4.

• GMB launched the War Against Indiscipline (WAI) as a Head of State and the policy won him international applause, as a result of its effectiveness. He became a renowned anti-corruption Czar, as a result of his zero tolerance to corruption, which reduced the menace to its barest minimum while he was Head of State.

• Under his leadership as Head of State, both Warri and Kaduna Refineries were built. He also drew up the blueprint for the country’s petrochemical and liquefied natural gas programmes — all without a hint of scandal.

• Buhari’s record as head of Petroleum Trust Fund is untainted and examplary. As the Executive Chairman, Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund, Buhari masterminded and spearheaded the construction of 20 oil depots throughout the country, a project involving over 3,200 kilometres of pipelines. A 1998 report in New African praised the PTF under Buhari for its transparency, calling it a rare "success story".

• In 2002, Buhari founded a democratic and political movement — The Buhari Organisation, otherwise known as Project Nigeria, which introduced a new concept into Nigerian politics: Service to the people.

• Buhari has a penchant for integrity and transparency — a virtue that is lacking in most Nigerian politicians today. Hence, he beats his chest publicly that he has never stolen a kobo of public funds in all the positions he has occupied and challenged anyone, who has evidence to the contrary to disclose and till date nobody has come forward with evidence.

• Buhari as a military commander in Borno State in the 80’s helped conquer an insurgent group that was troubling that region of the country. When he was Head of State, he gave the orders that quelled the Maitatsine uprising. The Boko Haram uprsing, an offshoot of Maitatsine, is certain to be curtailed by this experienced military officer if voted into office.

• Buhari has a thing for attracting the best of human associates and permits them the liberty to function. Many owe the success of Buhari’s regime in 1984 to the ingenuity of the late Brig. Gen. Tunde Idiagbon. Buhari should however be credited for allowing his associates to function; a fit he is likely to repeat with individuals like Raji Fashola (present Gov’ of Lagos State), Mallam Nasir El-Rufai (former Minister of the FCT), Dr. Obi Ezekwesili, and a host of other individuals who are at the moment supporting his candidacy and might be working in his government.

• The major lie peddled by the ruling part against GMB is that he is an Islamic extremist but there is no evidence to support this. Many of his associates and subordinates in his private life are Christians. The statements credited to Buhari, which his detractors use to label him an Islamic fundamentalist, simply tell of an individual who is true to himself and his faith, and who will not compromise his faith for political advantage
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by 1wolex85: 12:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

Oye buhari followers, kindly stop mentioning GEJ anytime a question about buhari is being discussed, its senseless and stupid and shows you got nothing to counter the arguments. Stop giving me that crap as I don't even support Jonathan nor will I be voting for him either, I've said so several times on this forum.

And about buhari not responsible for the economy, are you by any means insinuating we are about voting in a committee or adviser president who will rely on sycophants and party members to make decision?

Damn you bro, we don't need such a man at this age, not someone who want to stabilize the prize of crude oil as if he has the power
I don't know if it's me or you, but you don't seem to understand why I brought in gej. My point is, having a running business is not a prerequisite to being president.
Secondly, while a president is ultimately accountable for the economy of a country, it is not compulsory that he is responsible for managing it. A good example, fashion is accountable for the implementation of lagos state budget but it is Ben akabueze's responsibility! I hope you get my drift now.
No be everything be fight, your tone is unnecessary.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by onatisi(m): 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2014
I have bEen reading many comments of people about the so called good nature and bla bla bla of buhari and I have come to realize that many of those hailing buhari were either babies when he was the president or they weren't born then at all. How can people hail buhari regime without giving credit to idiagbon who formulated and implemented over 80% of those policies. The SMC as it was known then if I can remember was always chaired by idiagbon. Idiagbon was the major person ruling,that was why ibb and co had to make sure that idiagbon left nigeria for hajj before removing the soft gentle man called buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by 1wolex85: 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

This is really vague, can you throw more light?
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by 1wolex85: 12:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
onatisi:
I have bEen reading many comments of people about the so called good nature and bla bla bla of buhari and I have come to realize that many of those hailing buhari were either babies when he was the president or they weren't born then at all. How can people hail buhari regime without giving credit to idiagbon who formulated and implemented over 80% of those policies. The SMC as it was known then if I can remember was always chaired by idiagbon. Idiagbon was the major person ruling,that was why ibb and co had to make sure that idiagbon left nigeria for hajj before removing the soft gentle man called buhari.
I really don't understand, are you saying idiagbon's policies would have been implemented with or without Buhari's consent? Tan have us believe that the racketeering in fertilizer distribution has been eradicated, are you saying credit should go to akinwunmi adesina and non to gej if indeed it's true? Should we praise Kayode opeifa for implementing the brt bus system and not mention brf?
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
Collynzo9:
He has plans not just for Nigeria but for the world.
He will stabilize oil prices.

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by onatisi(m): 1:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

You absolutely right, apc will end insurgency within one month if voted for, without telling us how they intend to, they will fight corruption without telling us how they intend to, bearing in mind one of the company's ceo himself defines corruption. Amaechi was quoted saying he came with money to match atkiku dollar for dollar in the just concluded convention, no one is asking questions.

The more you look, the less you see is the perfect definition of Nigeria politics
looking at both candidates ,gej still poses to be the better candidate. Because it seems the opposition has no clearcut road map in tackling nigeria issues ,although they seem to be very very good in casting insults and abuses at peoples . But nigerians aren't fools,if the opposition has no road map to solving nigeria problems and they want to get there before thinking of what to do,then they are simply not worth voting for. And secondly if they can't present their plans for nigeria to nigerians to evaluate and see the difference between them and pdp then, they have wasted nigerians trust in them. If their plans isn't different from what gej is doing ,then there is no point even thinking about them.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Abeg, make una join me in asking what are Buhari's plans for Nigeria because I have neither seen nor heard him talk of any. Likewise, I did not see any plan in the above report.

In fact, all I see is a religious fanatic banking on his cult followership in the north to win a national election. Buhari's cult followership in the north can directly be attributed to his support for Shari'a and the almajiri syndrome, which is a poverty-perpetuating system created and maintained by northern elites like Buhari over the decades.

God forbid this plan-less, clueless, fanatical and divisive Buhari as president of Nigeria.

this guy no get conscience i swear
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by abokikhalifa: 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

brother why ar you hating?... Witt buhari I see Nigeria moving foward unlike goodluck jona who look clueless....
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by CyberWolf: 1:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
In as much as I support GEJ, I will like it if we can have both GEJ and Buhari at the same time..that is president and prime minister..I think it will be good..
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
abokikhalifa:
brother why ar you hating?... Witt buhari I see Nigeria moving foward unlike goodluck jona who look clueless....
Just let Buhari tell us how he intends to move Nigeria forward. It's not about shouting I will fight corruption, end insurgency in one month if elected, stabilize oil prices as if IG depends on him, make some naira equal one dollar as if it is by fiat such things are done, he needs to tell us how he intends to do all that.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by onatisi(m): 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
abokikhalifa:
and the question every nigerian is asking is HOW does he intend to move nigeria forward?let him show us and convince us that he is the best man for the job.so far buhari himself has never proffered a solution to any nigeria problem unlike sound minds like prof pat utomi who will give u a concise detail frame work of what he intends to do.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
CyberWolf:
In as much as I support GEJ, I will like it if we can have both GEJ and Buhari at the same time..that is president and prime minister..I think it will be good..
Well you will need the constitution to be amended to enable that. Our present constitution is a federal one which allows the president to be both president/head of state and prime minister/head of govt.
I'm sure even Buhari doesn't even know that.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
onatisi:

idiagbon left for hajj? Are you out of your sense or what? I laugh in chinese.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Reversed GDP Growth From 6 To 2% – Atiku / Fayemi Institutionalizes Ekiti “Oni Uyi” Honours Awards / EFCC Recovers N102m For Bank Of Agriculture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.