Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,017 members, 7,806,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander (26726 Views)

Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! / Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala / Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Mprex(f): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2014
chimerase2:
maybe amu blind ndo grin
so those eyes on your d.p are plastic
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by chimerase2: 9:03am On Dec 14, 2014
Mprex:

so those eyes on your d.p are plastic
no na rubber angry
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by AJ01(m): 9:55am On Dec 14, 2014
Mprex:
Op, you dont use uzuza?

what is uzuza ..I want to learn how to cook
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by NwaJesusteete(m): 10:02am On Dec 14, 2014
Abegg be sincere u don marri
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by cupidhero(m): 10:29am On Dec 14, 2014
Mprex:

lolsssgrin Grab what?sad
Leave soup jare! download these christian songs

Watermark-captivate us
Gateway worship-God be praised
Brett Younker-All things new
mercy me-finnaly home
(optional)
Carrie underwood-i'll stand by you
emeli sandé-Read all about it(Part III)
happy sunday sunshine!
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by ronald4lif(m): 10:59am On Dec 14, 2014
ireneony:
Wow op nice write up

with what i just read i think i will give it a try

After you try it out remember say I go chop sha ohh hehe
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by saintruky(m): 11:17am On Dec 14, 2014
kowema:
Ingredients:
Waterleave (Spinach)
Pumpkin (Ugwu)
Yellow scent pepper
Regular red pepper
Crayfish
Snail(optional)
Kpomo
Onion
Periwinkle(optional)
Stock fish n Dried fish
Palm oil
Seasoning
Salt
Goat meat
Points to Note;
Make sure your water leave is slightly more than the pumpkin cus the water leave will help to step down d coarseness of the ugwu( like 150 naira waterleave to 200 Naira ugwu)

Also, Water leave is very slimy so what I do is I steam for like 5 mins till it looses its water, u will see the water seperated from the leave, at this point u can sieve it out or let it dry up..some people prefer to wash but this method is easier n faster....

You will need enof oil , like one 35 cl coke bottle for 200 naira pumpkin

When steaming your meat, do not use water, let the meat loose its water first den u add very little over n over as it dries up Cus the soup doesn't like excess water and u wouldn't wanna loose ur stock to excess water....Pls also mind the seasoning especially salt Cus it can mess the soup up if excess in the meat.

Preparations proper...
Steam ur meat with ur desired seasoning,salt n some red pepper add the stock fish, dry fish, kpomo, snail when meat is cooked and bring down after like
4 mins

Put a dry pot on fire , heat a little and pour ur oil....
Add ur onion, grinded yellow scent pepper, red pepper and then water leave n allow to heat a little.
Add ur Meat stock and every other thing except the meat to avoid traffic

Allow to boil then add ur crayfish n periwinkle........Taste for salt and seasoning so u know the quantity to add........let it boil a lil then add the ugwu n cover for a while dont stir just dip the spoon periodically in the middle to avoid burning.......bring dwn after like 10 mins n its ready...serve with swallow of ur choice but fufu na the koko.....Haaaaa...Virtue just left me

@op did u use dry pepper or fresh pepper. Aside goat meat, can't any other meat be used?
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by dahmie2013: 11:48am On Dec 14, 2014
Nice one, I'll practicalise it. I'm tired of efo riro. But dat yellow pepper is it d one dey call cameroun pepper?
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Mprex(f): 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
cupidhero:

Leave soup jare! download these christian songs

Watermark-captivate us
Gateway worship-God be praised
Brett Younker-All things new
mercy me-finnaly home
(optional)
Carrie underwood-i'll stand by you
emeli sandé-Read all about it(Part III)
happy sunday sunshine!
thank you switie. You are a darlingkiss
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Mprex(f): 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
AJ01:
what is uzuza ..I want to learn how to cook
its a kind of edible spicy leave that is used in cooking. Its mostly used in ofe nsala (white soup)
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by lekjons(m): 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2014
Barezzi:

Go and die!!!
We have over 1 million registered members on NL, we must not all like the same things! angry
I would have abused you,but when i checked your d.p. I kept my cool (I don't like abusing older people),what I said was my own opinion!..U should have posted only the bolded..
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Mprex(f): 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
chimerase2:
no na rubber angry
eiya. Poor you tongue
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by AJ01(m): 3:08pm On Dec 14, 2014
Mprex:

its a kind of edible spicy leave that is used in cooking. Its mostly used in ofe nsala (white soup)
is it the one they call scent leave
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Barezzi(m): 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2014
lekjons:
I would have abused you,but when i checked your d.p. I kept my cool (I don't like abusing older people),what I said was my own opinion!..U should have posted only the bolded..
I recant!
Sorry about my earlier outburst!
We cool?
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by ROZZAYY(f): 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
Mzgracie:

Hmmmm

Rozzay darling, thanks a bunch ooo..

Am saving the page for future purpose...
Me 2 ooo. Uwc hun
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by okirewaju(f): 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2014
looks delish!
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Mprex(f): 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2014
AJ01:
is it the one they call scent leave
no
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by hensben(m): 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2014
Mprex:

no
i heard your food is not always tasty, in other words, u dont know how to cook....is that true? shocked
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by kowema(f): 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
saintruky:

@op did u use dry pepper or fresh pepper. Aside goat meat, can't any other meat be used?

Yes you can use any other meat
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by kowema(f): 6:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
dahmie2013:
Nice one, I'll practicalise it. I'm tired of efo riro. But dat yellow pepper is it d one dey call cameroun pepper?
Yes but its the fresh version...its usually Igbo women DAT sell it...it gives it an all new taste n scent
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by dahmie2013: 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
kowema:

Yes but its the fresh version...its usually Igbo women DAT sell it...it gives it an all new taste n scent

Kk, thanks! I'll have 2 try it out.
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by AJ01(m): 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2014
Mprex:

no
sad
Mprex:

no
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Mprex(f): 8:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
hensben:
i heard your food is not always tasty, in other words, u dont know how to cook....is that true? shocked
and i heard that you body doesnt smell nice, in other words, you dont know how to bath....is that truetongue
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Mprex(f): 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
AJ01:
sad
lol. Pls, i cant teach you how to cook online. Get someone around you to help ok?
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by AJ01(m): 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
Mprex:

lol. Pls, i cant teach you how to cook online. Get someone around you to help ok?
yea u right..
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by hensben(m): 10:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
Mprex:

and i heard that you body smell nice, in other words, you know how to bath....is that truetongue
yeah! wink...
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by lekjons(m): 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2014
Barezzi:

I recant!
Sorry about my earlier outburst!
We cool?
No hard feelings! smiley
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Mprex(f): 10:45pm On Dec 14, 2014
hensben:
yeah! wink...
who edited my postsad
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by hensben(m): 10:52pm On Dec 14, 2014
Mprex:

I edited my postsad
thats cool smiley
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Mprex(f): 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
hensben:
thats cool smiley

angry
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by hensben(m): 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? / How To Make Okro Stew / Why Is The Price Of Beer Cheaper In The North Compared To South (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.