Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians (51226 Views)

Preparation Of Delicious Irresistable Moi Moi For Events / Lagos Traffic And Snack That Get Consumed!!! / Which Is The Most Consumed Foods In Nigeria: Garri, Bread Or Rice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by BABAAGBALABA: 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
ifeoluwa237:
Jesus Christ man pikin dey chop insect

hmm like he never chop am before,guys and their forming on nairaland gan self

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Rocktation(f): 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
I never knew Deltans eat yam beetle oo.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by BlissB(f): 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
Op y u dy lie 4 deltans head,who tell u say we day eat no 1 4 here
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by dre11(m): 2:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
oemmanuel:
[/quote]

[quote author=maafen post=28818012]
Scientist are in fact looking for ways to grow them in large quantities all year round so as to reduce the need for meat of mammals that cost more environmentally to breed. It is not primarilly poverty.

mrbillz:
It's not poverty, it's a choice ok

oemmanuel:

Okay!

I have heard una ooooo
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Toosure70: 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
This yoloba people self. We igbo na human being we dey chop o.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by amnestylaw1(m): 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
Newkidoo:
Delicious...

Modified:
Therealmrstand and lacaslastica..
R u two paid by Seun to bring topics to nairaland cos most of your topics make d FrontPage even d silly ones..
How much r u guys being paid.. I will pay u double to stop it..

grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by mya1: 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
Winged termites. Yayy!

This insect was one of the things that made my childhood fun.. Rain, fluorescent lamp and a bowl of water were the perfect trap.

I loved those insects ehn.. I once ate so much that I was too full to have dinner.

Childhood. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thinking back now, I can't believe I ate insects grin. I enjoyed them then though.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
Good that Nigerians are consuming bugs. They are predicted to be the delicacies for the future. But, I can't eat bugs for some reason they make me feel uncomfortable.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
ROZZAYY:

Na only dat kind comment u dey see.
Neither did you shower me with accolades when I quoted kika23. tongue
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
kika23:

The look of the thing sef is scary.... In my next life, I'd taste it...
It's not scary compared to some uncircumcised folks ladies come across. angry
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by darediamond(m): 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
igbsam:
I don chop 3 out of the list above. Too much protein

"Too much protein"
Wao!!!
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by darediamond(m): 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
grin grin grin grin
UnknownT:
Even your name sounds like Akika. Termite in Igbo. gringrin
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kika23(f): 2:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
Truckpusher:
It's not scary compared to some uncircumcised folks ladies come across. angry

You Ehn.... See where your mind carry you go na na na na.... shocked
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
kika23:

You Ehn.... See where your mind carry you go na na na na.... shocked
Look into my eyes and tell me that I'm lying about the whole ish. grin
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by ROZZAYY(f): 3:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
Truckpusher:
Neither did you shower me with accolades when I quoted kika23. tongue
Lolz na only dis one I see. Sowy.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by macdon4all(m): 3:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
picture 2 swit die
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by legalwealth(m): 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
TheRealMrStan:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-sJY12nCi3OI/TxnJmzsHXuI/AAAAAAAAAlY/UisEtSkcBJ4/s1600/images+%25283%2529.jpg[/img]
Yam Beetle: Consumed mostly in Delta State and environs

[img]http://conjamon.files./2013/11/red_palm_weevil_larva.jpg[/img]
Palm Weevil Larva: Consumed largely in Bayelsa and other regions in Southern Nigeria.

Winged Termites: a delicacy snack in South-Western Nigeria

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L2t1LXhsYXJnZS5qcGd8NjYw[/img]
GrassHoppers,Crickets and Locusts: Consumed nationwide

I've only chopped 2 & 3.
Others I do not know about if they are eatable! !!
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
Newkidoo:

Modified:
Therealmrstand and lacaslastica..
R u two paid by Seun to bring topics to nairaland cos most of your topics make d FrontPage even d silly ones..
How much r u guys being paid.. I will pay u double to stop it..

Hahaha cheesy cheesy

But moving lots of topics to the frontpage increases engagement. Brilliant move.

And one man's meat is another's poison. The posts you don't like might just be someone else's post of the year tongue.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by drkay002: 3:09pm On Dec 12, 2014

Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
i cant eat fruits nt to nw talk of insects......anyways i can do d number two for my jet li cos shes frm bayelsa
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
ROZZAYY:

Lolz na only dis one I see. Sowy.
Wetin block your eye before? grin
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Ilekeh(f): 3:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
I ate everything except for the beetle and grasshopper cool
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Pecca: 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2014
ammyluv2002:
We eat no 2 in my place and it's very delicious

i bu onye igbo. anyi na-akpo ya eruru.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kika23(f): 3:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
Truckpusher:
Look into my eyes and tell me that I'm lying about the whole ish. grin

*walks up to him, brings him close, holds his face and stares deeply into his eyes*

Sweeri, you aren't telling the truth... kiss
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by felifeli: 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
I like cockroaches better. Yummy!

Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Obienesarah: 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
ammyluv2002:
We eat no 2 in my place and it's very delicious
You be better pikin,God bless mama wey born u, where u frm?
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Mayor21(m): 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
Dymondgurl:
I love eating the termites raw. Yummy!!
Lol.. I also love eating 'em raw, have you eaten the fried ones before?
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by ammyluv2002(f): 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
Obienesarah:
You be better pikin,God bless mama wey born u, where u frm?
LOL.....Anambra grin
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by DECOtech(m): 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
Francon:
The second picture looks like that insect that comes during raining season. Those days, people leave their buckets of water outside only to find d insects inside which will later be fried grin grin grin
your head is dia.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Obienesarah: 4:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
ammyluv2002:
LOL.....Anambra grin
You too much abeg.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Whizkeey(m): 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
d day one go survive... I dey suspect that Palm Weevil Larva he go just grow chop ur lungs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What My Daddy Found Inside Stock Fish's Head. / See The Bread I Bought For N1400 / The Rat I And My Younger Brother Killed And Ate Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.