Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:40 PM

DIY: A Nairalander Fixes His Laptop Himself, You Can Too Picture Attached - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / DIY: A Nairalander Fixes His Laptop Himself, You Can Too Picture Attached (891 Views)

Airtel 19gb, Mtn Magic Sim, Etisalat And Glo Cheats! Do It Yourself (diy) / Uk Used Samsung Galaxy I9000, In Mint Condition. Picture Attached. / Fantastic Deals On Generators, Air Conditioners & Others! Pics attached! (2) (3) (4)

DIY: A Nairalander Fixes His Laptop Himself, You Can Too Picture Attached by DAVE5(m): 1:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
** woke up early and trying to get ready for work, in the process i knocked off my laptop's charger, what followed was a sound and i knew something had broken but i cared less as i was in a hurry to get to work, on getting back the laptop wasn't charging, my charging port was broken and so the charger did not stay in place...

i dont know how much any repairer would have collected to fix it so i decided to fix myself, mind u,
i have an ijebu friend so i learnt to be stingy to myself from the dude so i'd rather fix the system myself than pay some guy that would rip me off, these set of people wont evin dare spend a dime on themselves (i wonder what they want to use the money for sha)
NB: I'm not trying to undermine Ijebu guys ohh but them stingy sha

For the repair i needed some items which are; a youtube video on how to dismantle my system (and i downloaded as much as i saw on youtube) and complete set of screw driver which i obtained from Mr Chuks at N500, it contained enough screw driver mouth (whatever they call) to choose from

**took off with the battle/task at hand
screwed out about 38 screws, i had to dismantle the whole laptop to reach the charging port cos HP packed the laptop in a very wicked way dat for me 2 change the ram, i'd have to remove the keyboard and several other things, to fix the charging; what i did was to fold some paper tightly and used it to wedge the charging port in place, now it was time to assemble the laptop, this was going to be the hardest part of my task cos if i messed up, my laptop would be fried, while assembling i was sweating under the fan but the Aircon helped out, thank God dia was light sha, at every step where i hang i simply turn to the videos tutorials i had downloaded, and after abt 3 hours i was done dismantling and reassembling my sweet system, tried charging it again, lo!!! it was charging and everything was working perfectly...

Thanks to the youtube for providing me videos tutorials, thanks to Mr chuks for selling the screws used...

BTW; this was the first time i ever opened a laptop myself in other words am a friggin newbie, i dint study or read computer engineering and i came out successful with it smiley grin

Disclaimer: I'm not in any way advising anybody to fix their device themselves so pls if u have a broken device, take it to an experienced hand and get it fixed, don't act IJEBU like me, pay and get it FIXED, but dont be a lazy bone...., if anything goes wrong if u feel inspired by my thread, i can't be held responsible tongue

Pictures attached below, 1-3 is while i was working, while d last pix was as at when i was done fixing the laptop and the tools used

This laptop was actually bought on Nairaland

Re: DIY: A Nairalander Fixes His Laptop Himself, You Can Too Picture Attached by temmyt20(m): 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
ok...cngrts
Re: DIY: A Nairalander Fixes His Laptop Himself, You Can Too Picture Attached by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
hmmm odikwa vely vely risky
anyway well done OP, let us watch first in the next couple of weeks, if the lappy stays OK, then you'll receive the official award
Re: DIY: A Nairalander Fixes His Laptop Himself, You Can Too Picture Attached by DAVE5(m): 3:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
bestestgirl:
hmmm odikwa vely vely risky
anyway well done OP, let us watch first in the next couple of weeks, if the lappy stays OK, then you'll receive the official award

the tin selious ohh, its working p cool

BTW- what award are you talking about abeg...
Re: DIY: A Nairalander Fixes His Laptop Himself, You Can Too Picture Attached by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
DAVE5:

the tin selious ohh, its working p cool

BTW- what award are you talking about abeg...

DIY national awards for successful home engineering tongue

Re: DIY: A Nairalander Fixes His Laptop Himself, You Can Too Picture Attached by DAVE5(m): 3:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
bestestgirl:

DIY national awards for successful home engineering tongue

haba, i neva reach dat level nah babe
Re: DIY: A Nairalander Fixes His Laptop Himself, You Can Too Picture Attached by Rhaspody(m): 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
diy projects is funnnnn
i replaced my lg g3 smashed screen myself spending 25k total plus the screen and tools which i bought from ebay. while i was told to pay 35k at slot excluding waybill cost of sending the phone to them.
my encouragement was that. if those guys on youtube can do it, I can do too with the right tools

Re: DIY: A Nairalander Fixes His Laptop Himself, You Can Too Picture Attached by DAVE5(m): 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
Rhaspody:
diy projects is funnnnn
i replaced my lg g3 smashed screen myself spending 25k total plus the screen and tools which i bought from ebay. while i was told to pay 35k at slot excluding waybill cost of sending the phone to them.
my encouragement was that. if those guys on youtube can do it, I can do too with the right tools

That's the spirit bro, best of all is you would treat ur stuff better while the repairer mite mishandle them for you.
Thumbs up

Ps Vita Forsale / Nokia Lumia 635 Needed Urgently! / Ipod Touch 5th Generation sold!!!