Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Short Story -- The Married man, the Other Woman - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story -- The Married man, the Other Woman (1017 Views)

[story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 1 / [story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 3 / [story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short Story -- The Married man, the Other Woman by mollysteeze(f): 1:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
While I try not to be mostly self-righteous, I always could never help but feel some disgust for ladies who date married men. I mean I know I have no right to judge, but I have never been able to get my mind around the reason why anyone would do it, like seriously.....

Well not until two years ago...

You know how you meet someone and you guys seem to have so much in common, backgrounds, behavior, and mutual love and hate for a lot of things? Yh, this is how me and Mr. M became friends about a year back. I mean he was well-spoken, had achieved so much - he was the sort of guy who had achieved so much by his late 30s and I admired this.

We met a number of times officially, we always had such a laugh and got along so great, he told me about all his exes and how he ended up with his wife, and I told him about my then boyfriend, we could talk about anything.

I was impressed by his zeal, he seemed to have so much integrity, worked extra hard, has his own company (employing over 100 people), and although he was extra smart he was sometimes socially awkward (like me), which I think is why we got on so well.

So obviously I thought absolutely nothing of it when he asked for my BB Pin.

So how does mister upright with all the integrity turn to be a test of my own values?

It all started simple enough, first was the constant chatting (#WonderWhereHisWifeISAllTheTime), which I thought nothing of. Then came the calls on his way home everyday, I must admit at this point I started to get confused. But still I decided to talk myself into thinking we were just such great friends. It got to a point we were chatting literally all day, in meetings, while working. Still "friendship"?... This went on for two months.

After a meeting at his office someday, I went to his his office to say hi. And he just casually asked, "Yh lets grab a drink". Well I said no. 1) I don't want some wife pulling my weave out 2) I had sincerely started to get a bit confused about our supposed "friendship".
Still after all the "why can't you have a drink with a client", "It's just two friends, having drinks in a crowded place" I said yes.

So we ended up at some bar in Victoria Island, it was a Tuesday so it was empty, and for some reason I allowed myself to be seated at the farthest darkest corner. (btw I have told my friend this story and she called me asewo, so be free to judge) however I still claim naivety and believing the world is a good place, where you can still be friends with the opposite sex.

Well, I couldn't have been more wrong, no matter how hard I tried to change the topic conversations always seemed to steer to how good I looked, the you've got great legs, your lips are so pink, and you're always so reserved and poise... I mean I said thanks, and I at some point started to realise, maybe I did want him to say these things.

OK, so I stopped my self-denial, I guess I must have realised where this was heading but did not want to admit it.
So when he kissed me, and touched me, it took me a minute and a whole lot of strength to remember my values to move away, I had realised I somewhat had feelings for this guy.

So did I become one of these women I so dread?...
[img][/img]

Comments if to continue..
Re: Short Story -- The Married man, the Other Woman by theorbiters: 2:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
You know, the saying goes, he that wears the shoes knows where it pinch. We feel guilt most times because after we had spent our time abusing people for something, we end up finding ourselves in that same position and we just can't seem to escape. Well, now u wouldn't want anybody to insult without first listening to you, I guess we should also give others the same benefits. But hey, what do I know, it is just a story
Re: Short Story -- The Married man, the Other Woman by fareedah86: 5:42pm On Dec 14, 2014
Pls come and update o,am enjoying it already....

(1) (Reply)

How To Obtain ISBN In Nigeria / I Was Disappointed By Achebe’s Comment On My Nobel Prize – Soyinka / Nigeria Must Catch Up In Modern Journalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.