Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? (24414 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? / How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
Everyone has dreams, goals, aspiration. But what do you do, guys, when the person you are dating has desire but never really does anything about it?

Let's say you've been dating a guy, ladies. He's perfect. He looks great, the sex is great, you get along perfectly but there's only one problem, he isn't doing much with his life. He has tons of aspirations and dreams but when it comes to getting up and achieving them dreams, it's a different story. He believes that one day he's going to make it,but it's clear to see that the drive isn't there. How long do you stay before you give up on him? Do you immediately assume that he's never going to amount to anything and cut him off immediately? Or would you stick with him and hope that he gets his act together? Would you help him get his act together? Should you help him get his act together?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2014/12/how-long-should-woman-wait-for-man-to.html#sthash.dnrdtIQD.dpuf

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by ronald4lif(m): 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2014
If the lady is a career driven person and go getter she shouldn't even get involve in such relationship in the first place but if she' the type who lacks vision herself and one who wants to be a liability to the guy then she should manage him, they have things in common.

But generally a maximum a relationship should last is between 5-6 years, within 2years a woman should be able to determine where it's heading to

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
I only have this to say: Hope can be a very dangerous thing.

9 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by AJ01(m): 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
Depends
Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by Itslavishbitch(m): 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by dre11(m): 5:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
Hum.. .....

It depends on
Who she is
What she wants
What kind of definition are has for the relationship at hand
What's her self worth
Her goals and aspirations and that of the partner
. ..

But,
She shouldn't take marriage as a do or die affair.
She should make her happiness paramount to her.
She should celebrate her self by striving for goals and aspirations that would make her excell
She should not bow down to family pressure
She should not settle for less
She should not settle for a lazy man........that's if she herself is not lazy

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
24 hours

5 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by SaiBuharii: 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
Z
Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by Abbey2sam(m): 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
It depends o.....If she comes from a wealthy home, I won't bother.........

but if reverse is the case I will have to do something

1 Like

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by nekaa(f): 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
following
Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by kepal99(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
Eternity
Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by holatin(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
2 year, 3 months, 4 weeks, 5 days, 6 hours, 7 minutes, 8 seconds, 9 nanoseconds.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by SeverusSnape(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
For as long as she can wait, some women are intuitive, they can easily tell if the guy has potentials and can achieve, so if the love and trust is there, She can wait.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by blemon44(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ok
Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by simplemach(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
Na me go tell u? If u tire u find anoda man marry na.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by QMark: 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
She waited for me for 10 years. Now we are married. Very comfortable, but she is still waiting for me,..I am not Dangote yet. And when I become Dangote, she'll still be waiting till I become Bill,..and...so on.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by OCTAVO: 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
No specific time.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by Misogynist2014(m): 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
Till she breathe her last angry
Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by gen2briz(m): 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
Minimum of 7yrs and maximum of 15yrs
Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by Whizzdom(m): 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by folabayo1(f): 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
undecided
Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Till she breathe her last grin

Haba.

A man like that will reduce a woman to his level, mediocrity.

He will just end up being a fool at 40.

A dream without action is just a wish. Na bed the dream go end.

No woman should waste her time with a laggard when she can help other men become Kings.

You should be a Michelle to a Barrack.

5 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by ddooskie(m): 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
'The sex is good' yet u want to leave him and become a 2nd-hand product to another man. Fornication is still a sin. Stop glorifying this thing.

sorry for that..just that I hate singles glorifying it.

Back to your question, you guys are meant to be 'helpers-in-union' the Holy Bible calls you an helpmeet therefore if his spirit is down, you are meant to help him up.

Is he naturally lazy? If not, congrats, you can still help him get his acts together wink at least there is something that got you attracted to each other in the first instance..you wouldn't wanna lose all.that na grin
Correct all anomalies while still dating cuz when u enter that institution called marriage hoping he would change, ma sista, you are on a lonnnng tin..marriage is for better for worse. grin

Lastly, pray for him.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by phayvoursky(m): 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Till he is ready to marry her. shikena
Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Let's say you've been dating a guy, ladies. He's perfect. He looks great, the sex is great, you get along perfectly but there's only one problem, he isn't doing much with his life. He has tons of aspirations and dreams but when it comes to getting up and achieving them dreams, it's a different story. He believes that one day he's going to make it,but it's clear to see that the drive isn't there. How long do you stay before you give up on him?

Such a man won't even appeal to me in the first instance
I have nothing in common with such a fellow
I am allergic to lazy ,efulefu men
Not my portion

4 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by Newkidoo(m): 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
for as long as the lust love lasts...

1 Like

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by onadana: 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Babe open your ear...there is nothing like hope....hope is a product of sweat and planning.Every real man rises up and make his dreams come true...anything less than that...Omo...walk away.

4 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by yungcyrus(m): 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Gals sef.

Question for Sango anyway.
Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by eunisam: 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
5 days
Till the end of time.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by freecocoa(f): 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
I'll stay and try to help motivate him but if he's unwilling, goodbye will be the sweetest word.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by tiswell(m): 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
As long as her patience taRRies

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I've Found Love On Nairaland! / This Is The Funniest Thing I’ve Seen Today ;D / Why Are Most Nigerian Guys So Wicked And Silly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.