Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery (30791 Views)

Behind The Wheels Of A Murder / Mystery Man (short Story) / The Murder Case- A short story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 10:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
Oh I'm going crazy with excitement and beginning to quote scriptures like my mother. Anyway after cleaning up, I walk back to my room and squeeze through the door. It's quiet like nothing happened; Edugie is still sucking away like no man's business.

It feels like I just walked to the bathroom to pee! Just to be on the safe side, I remove my night gown and tie a wrapper around my chest. I make sure I wipe my entire body with the wrapper and throw my nightgown under the bed. No one would notice and even if they do, I can say I changed at night because of the heat. Why would they suspect a thing abi is it a sin to get hot and wear something else? Finally I go to sleep like nothing ever happened.

It should be fun tomorrow!

12midnight
Dear diary, sorry I'm back. I've been thinking so let's just call this little game 'how did the stranger really die?'
a) By strangulation
b) By suffocation
c) From the knife attack
Keep guessing, I'd be right back.

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by teamplayey: 10:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
Pamela!
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Missmossy(f): 11:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
Such an enthralling piece touchmeder welldone really enjoying every bit of the story. Keep It up grin Kudos to you.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by DNBCrew: 11:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
Read Love and Other Things that Follow on DNB. A DNB exclusive - www.danwrites90..com
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 4:50am On Jan 23, 2015
s

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 4:51am On Jan 23, 2015
s

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 4:53am On Jan 23, 2015
When I finished reading the poem she started laughing then she did something that surprised me. She leaned forward and kissed me on the lips. It was very quick; so quick like it didn't even happen. I bent my head sideways and looked at her in surprise then I did something that surprised me greatly. I stared at her in amusement then I moved closer and we kissed tenderly…[/i]

The diary slipped from my hand and I stared at it as tears ran down my eyes. I poured the kerosene, struck a match and watched it go up in flames. The flames licked it clean and it reduced to nothing. Now I could move on with a new chapter in my life.

UOS

THE END

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 5:01am On Jan 23, 2015
I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. Massive shout out to my wonderful readers; I really appreciate. I wanna thank people who constantly took time to keep me company with their hilarious and motivating comments. Teamplayer, Elparaiso, Lenmafon, Timothy3113, Omokoladele, Nmeri17, Costlybabe, Candy, Charijee, Flakkygal, Toeyean1507, Lilyomi and co

Beyond the thrill of catching the killer/Killers, the moral of the story is quite simple - please take care of your kids. If you don’t have yet then plan to take care of them when you do. It's not that child's fault that one is busy, poor or a single parent. Communicate with them and encourage them to be open with you.

The right age for sexual education is quite controversial and I will not go into it. But if a 6 or 7 year old child can be sexually abused, then trust me that child is not too young to know some stuff. There was an insightful thread (on the front page a while back) on this same issue. Above all pray for them and commit them to God.
Thanks for reading guys.

By the way @Lenmafon no one correctly answered the question so your recharge card is safe. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nmeri17: 6:28am On Jan 23, 2015
bravo!! bravo!! Nmeri approves smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 23, 2015
well done
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Queening(f): 7:20am On Jan 23, 2015
Hurray cheesy i am so happy dat pamela nd pippi were not caught

2 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Slimzjoe(m): 7:35am On Jan 23, 2015
Chai!!! grin
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by vickyozohu(f): 8:02am On Jan 23, 2015
Interesting one, so nice. Weldone for the job! Its actually educative.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by omokoladele(m): 8:15am On Jan 23, 2015
Wow. Interesting!
Love d poem!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Acekidc4(m): 8:29am On Jan 23, 2015
GOD Bless u Touchmeder!! It was really really really Fantastic n Awesome!! U re d Best!! Kudos to u!! Keep it Up!!
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by kingphilip(m): 8:33am On Jan 23, 2015
wow congratulations touchmeder for seeing this piece to conclusion.. it was a jolly good ride even if a times I just read n run away without comments

keep up the good works dear
when r u starting d next

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Trypa(f): 8:39am On Jan 23, 2015
Ma first story I read from u, u ave a nice one n I say tnks u for dat more wisdom to u?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 8:59am On Jan 23, 2015
Queening:
Hurray cheesy i am so happy dat pamela nd pippi were not caught
Choi make una see this girl o! LOL
Please support police o, next time Unique must solve d crime
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:20am On Jan 23, 2015
omokoladele:
Wow. Interesting!
Love d poem!!!! grin
A lot of naughty people on this thread. LOL thanks everyone.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Bg14: 9:56am On Jan 23, 2015
Wowwwww am really in love with d plot style
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Flakkydagirl: 11:08am On Jan 23, 2015
Thiss is one of the best piece around here,touchmeder God bless your heart.

Even though the story is over,Pamela and Pippi darling lives on in my heart.Its quite hard to forget two beautiful character just like that.

I hate to say this,but the truth is i enjoyed that sweet revenge,it was like creamy yoghurt in my mouth.

I'm glad they were not caught,I'm glad she burned the past,I'mglad she's moving on.

Poor Nathan,it makes me happy how you ended up,you deservewhat you got and more.

Touchmeder don't stop here,'m expectng another thrlling piece very soon.This story deserves to be on frontpage.You're quite a bunch of talent.

Welldone .
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by DNBCrew: 11:28am On Jan 23, 2015
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Trypa(f): 11:44am On Jan 23, 2015
touchmeder:

Choi make una see this girl o! LOL
Please support police o, next time Unique must solve d crime

He would ave solved if it they was more time n his master did not scold @ him to stop his going to pamela's house nice one dear

N really love d poem
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by lilll: 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
Woww! If all books were this interesting, I wil be reading every hour. Touchmeder, thank U buddy. More ink 2 ur pen.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Yongi99(m): 12:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
I have been reading and following your story on ghost mode since 12th December. And I must say well done Touchmeder, you are too good. There should be a film adaptation to this story.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 12:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
Trypa:

He would ave solved if it they was more time n his master did not scold @ him to stop his going to pamela's house nice one dear

N really love d poem

Yes, he was on to something and would have solved it but for an unsupportive boss, colleague (yes even Chichi join) and generally weak system. I'd like to think he would not have exposed her sha but then again Detective Unique is unpredictable!
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 12:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
@Flakkydagirl I nor go find you make you write my foreward when I finally publish so? I think my locs grew longer after reading your comment - no kidding! LOL Thanks babe!

@yongi99 next time come out and talk. You guys don't know how encouraging it is when you just leave a comment after reading.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Yongi99(m): 12:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
touchmeder:

@yongi99 next time come out and talk. You guys don't know how encouraging it is when you just leave a comment after reading.
yea...that is true.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by lenmafon: 1:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
kingphilip:
wow congratulations touchmeder for seeing this piece to conclusion.. it was a jolly good ride even if a times I just read n run away without comments

keep up the good works dear
when r u starting d next

oh my dearest kingphilip, am so glad u are in this thread. pls do u have the link to push a story to frontpage? we need to send this story to frontpage and then vote for our touchmender as writer of the month; what do u think?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by kingphilip(m): 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
lenmafon:

oh my dearest king Philip, am so glad u are in this thread. pls do u have the link to push a story to frontpage? we need to send this story to frontpage and then vote for our touchmender as writer of the month; what do u think?
it's fine by me
lemme search for the nomination for front-page link
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by lenmafon: 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
Flakkydagirl:
Thiss is one of the best piece around here,touchmeder God bless your heart.

Even though the story is over,Pamela and Pippi darling lives on in my heart.Its quite hard to forget two beautiful character just like that.

I hate to say this,but the truth is i enjoyed that sweet revenge,it was like creamy yoghurt in my mouth.

I'm glad they were not caught,I'm glad she burned the past,I'mglad she's moving on.

Poor Nathan,it makes me happy how you ended up,you deservewhat you got and more.

Touchmeder don't stop here,'m expectng another thrlling piece very soon.This story deserves to be on frontpage.You're quite a bunch of talent.

Welldone .

pls do u have the link to send it to frontpage? kindly post it here and lets all join hands by voting to make it happen. thanks
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by kingphilip(m): 2:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
lenmafon:

pls do u have the link to send it to frontpage? kindly post it here and lets all join hands by voting to make it happen. thanks
the thread is temporarily closed because a new one is meant to come up

obinnau can we please have this on front-page

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Behold The Jewel Of My Heart / Best Stories I've Read On Nairaland So Far.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.