Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. (72263 Views)

Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening / New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration / Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by judiciarypalava: 10:06am On Dec 13, 2014
OBJ should be held responsible for what is happening in the political terrain in terms of desperation and cost of governance. After all he introduced JUMBO salary with a bench mark of N150,000 for councillors as far back as 1999/2000. And since them our political environment has never been the same.
Other past leaders in other countries are writing what will motivate and inspire their leaders and youths, he ironically chose to confirm what his daughter Iyabo wrote about him. A father that can not manage his home was was imposed on Nigerians as a president.
"Senator Iyabo Obasanjo had written an open letter to her father accusing him of being a liar, manipulator, wife-basher and hypocrite who was desperate for a third term despite his denials to the contrary" Sorry to say this, OBJ is a BIG fool and will... You can refresh your mind on her view through the link below.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/gave-dad-iyabo-obasanjo/
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by thegoodone2(m): 10:07am On Dec 13, 2014
they are the problem we have governor salary is more the this because of security allowance.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Emperorking20(m): 10:08am On Dec 13, 2014
Smh! undecided na where Naija wan pass take better nw.. sad
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by samuel900(m): 10:08am On Dec 13, 2014
BUHARI SHOULD HELP ME REMOVE DIBU OJERINDE COME 2015. APC CHANGE! THE MAN STOPPED MY CAFE FROM REGISTERING FROM JAMB. HIS FAMILY ARE ENJOYING MY MONEY NOW.

1 Like

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by synergycom19: 10:09am On Dec 13, 2014
The very reason I prefer Military to this impoverished democracy

1 Like

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Obiwannn: 10:11am On Dec 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Dont mind the op! Everything listed there is per annum! But trust Nigerians, we dont read before commenting!

give us the right figures then
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by lastmessenger: 10:12am On Dec 13, 2014
The more reaon why this country is nothing but fake country that will soon crumble.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by rexoluj(m): 10:17am On Dec 13, 2014
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by oliidell(m): 10:18am On Dec 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu
Ishilove
Craziebone

By virtue of my job, I am privy to some info. The Op's analysis is not entirely correct. Most of the allowances there are annual. The basic salary however is monthly and dat alone is approximately 30 million naira. There is no way in this country that a lawmaker would earn 2m annually- that's an entry level salary in moderately paid govt offices. The constituency allowance too is not annual, it is released quarterly. There are lots of other hidden allowances not reflected here. The documented annual take is not up to 353 million but it is also not 29million naira. It is in the region of 80-100 million for an average law maker.

Craziebone pointed out that all the other allowances took bearing from the basic allowance. Now this is true, and the implication is that, since the basic is monthly, every other allowance is calculated on monthly basis. Now this is a good point but It wasn't done that way. That data originated from 'Osun Defender'- a tabloid during the occupy Nigeria saga. I think it was exagerrated for effect.

Ishilove dear, like I stated above, there are lots of other allowances not declared so it is very possible that their eventual take home is higher than the amount bandied. if u have any information pls share.

I'm sick and tired of the sham we call government.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Satex(m): 10:22am On Dec 13, 2014
Pls, I need clarification here. Is the N29 million per month or per annum?
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

What am saying is based on what op posted! It is all per annum!
The fact in issue here is that the money they receive is too high and not the calculation.
How can you justify the known fact that over 300 people which is about 0.0013% of the nation's population spend 25% of the budget?

2 Likes

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Satex(m): 10:26am On Dec 13, 2014
@Oliidell.
Thanks for that contribution.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by bosun11(m): 10:31am On Dec 13, 2014
until senators are paid less than 250,000 salary with all benefits inside it...Nigeria is going nowhere..complete thieves

such a shame and they end up doing nothing after their tenure.
18,000 compared to 2 Million.....smh..that is why the GAP between the rich and poor in Nigeria will FOREVER CONTINUE TO REMAIN WIDE !!!

1 Like

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by oliidell(m): 10:32am On Dec 13, 2014
Satex:
@Oliidell.
Thanks for that contribution.

You are welcome

2 Likes

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Taku555(m): 10:38am On Dec 13, 2014
Thank God am not from Nigeria cry

1 Like

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by oliidell(m): 10:38am On Dec 13, 2014
bosun11:
until senators are paid less than 250,000 salary with all benefits inside it...Nigeria is going nowhere..complete thieves

18,000 compared to 2 Million.....smh..that is why the GAP between the rich and poor in Nigeria will FOREVER CONTINUE TO REMAIN WIDE !!!

In my opinion, it should be professionalised. Aspirants should have at least a Masters degree is governance, political science or related disciplines and should be placed on civil service salary structure without additional benefits for now. Then we will know the true patriots that really have the interest of the country at heart.

3 Likes

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Satex(m): 10:41am On Dec 13, 2014
Taku555:
Thank God am not from Nigeria cry

Or ne are you sure?
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Teeboi4real(m): 10:42am On Dec 13, 2014
Nigeria budget. out of 100% Excutive are spending 30% Representaive 50% and we citizns are sharing remaining 20% so tell ao tnz will be.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Teeboi4real(m): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2014
People dat ard shouting Buhari, Does Buhari wl reduce dat salary? Bird of thesame feathers........
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by ernecy(m): 10:48am On Dec 13, 2014
shocked shocked shocked shocked.. If this is true..i done rush go buy form...
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Satex(m): 10:49am On Dec 13, 2014
bosun11:

Thank you so much.They end up doing NOTHING for their constituencies!!!
That is another shame. The salary itself is a big shame.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by calabaman(m): 10:50am On Dec 13, 2014
B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S

ON SECOND TOT RICH BASTERDDDSSS!
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by meforkene(m): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
See Nigerian Educational System! All the allowances listed there is per annum! How come the op mischievously calculated all and tagged it per a month? And some senseless posters above bought it hook and sinker?

Seun, Obinoscopy, Ishilove, this is false information! Yank it off or do the needful!

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

Abi senators dey buy cars every month? angry angry
Stop being ignorantly ardent please.
Google is your friend.
If it was 30m per annum,would they be jumping fence?

NNE,WAKE UP IMMEDIATELYhttp://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/nigerian-lawmakers-are-the-highest-paid-in-the-world/
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 13, 2014
LORD, HAVE MERCY!
#Shocked

1 Like

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by clavichord(m): 10:52am On Dec 13, 2014
Our leaders are exceptionally wasteful. And some of them can't even make reasonable suggestions o. I so much hate this stupid constitution of ours. Its high time we losed our Independence, so the white can rule over us. Some of us are Animals.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by ICHINONYE(m): 10:53am On Dec 13, 2014
Dose re d main criminal in our country
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Brainardc(m): 10:54am On Dec 13, 2014
Yeah......A country where money meant for development and other things are been pocketed by individuals.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Tymax(m): 10:55am On Dec 13, 2014
I feel helpless. This is too much even if it's the annual figure. Over $2million annually for what? Yet they get kickback from contracts. Let us not forget special committee allowances, christmas bonus plus their private business (that have been boosted by their celebrity status). Omo, I just weak.

2 Likes

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by gabicon: 10:55am On Dec 13, 2014
Looking at the source of this info its reliability is in question, further more if we pay 108 people this much we would have gone broke ages ago, we know that they collect a huge chunk of our recurrent expenditure but blow it put of proportion does no justice to the problem.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Fourwinds: 11:00am On Dec 13, 2014
well., dis is an eye opener. if Nigerians like dey should still vote nonsense come Feb. 2015 den we will continue to remain in dis deep shitt.

2 Likes

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
See Nigerian Educational System! All the allowances listed there is per annum! How come the op mischievously calculated all and tagged it per a month? And some senseless posters above bought it hook and sinker?

Seun, Obinoscopy, Ishilove, this is false information! Yank it off or do the needful!

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

Abi senators dey buy cars every month? angry angry
I bet it with you, the ones they've stolen surpass that aforementioned moneys. So who cares if it is false or true....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When President Macron’s Presidential Jet Landed In Ilorin! / Cattle-Laden Truck Attacked In Onitsha, Driver & Conductor Killed / I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.