Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak (26212 Views)

Can You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? / Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? / Wicked Wife: Men Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by CMGO(f): 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2014
MarvellousGod:
Most of the people that attended to the question are obviously in an unhappy/loveless marriage. .. What's wrong with living in a house built by your better half?? So, if your wife earns enough to help erect a good structure, she shouldn't because you can't live in a house built by her?? But will rather live in maybe a two bedroom flat owned by another woman?? Alot of men have Landladies undecided undecided

Wonder the kinda marriage we have these days...Imagine someone saying he would rather live in a house built by pigs, pheeeww undecided...... How does a woman building a house translate to becoming disrespectful and domineering to you? So women shouldn't build again?? undecided She could even be giving you the money which you can then give to the contractors......

Guys should let go of their ego especially when it comes to marriage, Marriage is partnership. ....I rest my case...

Absolutely right

2 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by sukkot: 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
as a man who has been kicked outta a womans house at midnight cuz of anger. i say helllllllllllllll nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. no disrespek to women but ermmm women are unstable and egotistic creatures grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by judiyluv: 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
If you cant stay in a house built by your wife,then you have to be man enough n build yours first b4 she build hers.you better get cash pass her,if not your man ego go land only you for village
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Hero10001: 6:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
Kini big deal?!
What if she becomes powerful like
Germany & Brazil presidos, NOI, Madueke, Granovskaia, Alakija, Britney, Hilton etc ?!
I'll support my babe til she becomes a billionaire.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by agarawu23(m): 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2014
we yoruba 's wont

1 Like

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by ELGREF(m): 7:02pm On Dec 14, 2014
This is just a understanding matters, sometime poor women give trouble in the house than rich womans, every man need to have this In their mind, that either she rich or poor, she will bring trouble, either she own the house or nt, ready for trouble anytime, if you don't want trouble, insult frm women, stay out of maried, but most men have that kind of mentality, that, if she Bleep up, they can chase her way......but if the house belong to her, they can't do that.......

2 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Kay17: 7:06pm On Dec 14, 2014
What do women want in a marriage?

What type of man does each woman want?

Sometimes one has to make a list of the pros and cons of the situation - marriage.
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by dipopooo(m): 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
NO

Next
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2014
Which kind head dem be sef. *hiss*
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2014
NL guys would and they will even expect her to be submissive and pound yam at 3am too grin undecided

2 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by einsteino(m): 7:25pm On Dec 14, 2014
nothing is but it isn't something that anyone should pray for. God i will be really unhappy and lose my self esteem if i end up in that situation. it is just the way a man is wired, we hate being fended for. even worst most women would give you sleepless nights if you are unfortunate to live under their roofs as a husband.

MarvellousGod:
Most of the people that attended to the question are obviously in an unhappy/loveless marriage. .. What's wrong with living in a house built by your better half?? So, if your wife earns enough to help erect a good structure, she shouldn't because you can't live in a house built by her?? But will rather live in maybe a two bedroom flat owned by another woman?? Alot of men have Landladies undecided undecided

Wonder the kinda marriage we have these days...Imagine someone saying he would rather live in a house built by pigs, pheeeww undecided...... How does a woman building a house translate to becoming disrespectful and domineering to you? So women shouldn't build again?? undecided She could even be giving you the money which you can then give to the contractors......

Guys should let go of their ego especially when it comes to marriage, Marriage is partnership. ....I rest my case...
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by xkris11(m): 7:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
I am sure most deltans and calabar wont mind sleeping in their wife s house, i say this because i know some calabar and deltans friends who worship their wives more than themselves
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by olatunji390(m): 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2014
I have see one happen b4. The house belongs to the father of the wife, so she have a flat she live in with her husband. But anytime the couple have any quarrel, she will pack the husband's belongings and thrown it outside the house. 80% of women today will pick a point from been the owner of the house whenever a quarrel btw them arises.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by onadana: 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2014
angryDefinitely not.Women are very good at reminding you at the slightest provocation what she has done for you.If not for me.....is a favorite tune.

1 Like

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by ochon: 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2014
Some of the answers from my fellow men made me SMDH. Cavemen mentality. What the fùck is wrong in living in your wife's house? Does that exclude you from still being the head of the home? Omotola is more richer and well-known than her husband, yet they live in peace and her husband is the head of the home. A good woman will respect a man even if she's richer than him.

As long there is mutual understanding between me and my future wife that she won't put up an attitude because she built a house we live in, then why the fuss? It's not as if I'll lazy around and not have a job/means of income so I can contribute too. Marriage is TWO people working together as ONE for the betterment of their children and themselves. So much archaic ego from some people.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Nuezha(m): 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2014
Yes! If I have at least 17 houses that she knows about, and each of worth as much...
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by onadana: 7:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
ochon:
Some of the answers from my fellow men made me SMDH. Cavemen mentality. What the fùck is wrong in living in your wife's house? Does that exclude you from still being the head of the home? Omotola is more richer and well-known than her husband, yet they live in peace and her husband is the head of the home. A good woman will respect a man even if she's richer than him.

As long there is mutual understanding between me and my future wife that she won't put up an attitude because she built a house we live in, then why the fuss? It's not as if I'll lazy around and not have a job/means of income so I can contribute too. Marriage is TWO people working together as ONE for the betterment of their children and themselves. So much archaic ego from some people.

Easier said than done.When you enter you go know how far. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by ochon: 7:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
Mondisweets:
NL guys would and they will even expect her to be submissive and pound yam at 3am too grin undecided

Come mummy, have you pounded that yam for me? angry

Go cook fast. angry
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by kepal99(m): 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
kasalingo:

Some of them believe we live in a society where women should
be seen and not heard.

http://9jahomeland.com/will-live-house-built-wife-men-speak/

When the reporter threw the question
at some they even went ahead as rejecting it, saying they are
the head of the home and it is wrong for their wives to build a
house before them. Some said if she builds it, it must be in their
name, while some totally said nothing on earth can ever make
them live in a house built by a woman. Hear them yourselves
when you continue after the cut.

Source: http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2014/12/will-you-live-in-house-built-by-your.html?m=1
Mr Man go and work o, get ur own house, so this will no happen to you b4 U claim yoruba man. Na people like una dey turn women to single mothers everywhere. Yoruba man indeed!
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by kepal99(m): 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
kasalingo:

Some of them believe we live in a society where women should
be seen and not heard.

http://9jahomeland.com/will-live-house-built-wife-men-speak/

When the reporter threw the question
at some they even went ahead as rejecting it, saying they are
the head of the home and it is wrong for their wives to build a
house before them. Some said if she builds it, it must be in their
name, while some totally said nothing on earth can ever make
them live in a house built by a woman. Hear them yourselves
when you continue after the cut.

Source: http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2014/12/will-you-live-in-house-built-by-your.html?m=1
Mr Man go and work o, get ur own house, so this will no happen to you b4 U claim yoruba man. Na people like una dey turn women to single mothers everywhere. Yoruba man indeed! #first interviewee
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2014
moca:
Abeg u guys should zip ur mouth jor.
I won't go far. Go to onitsha and see huzzling women building houses everywhere.some started from scratch and hv well to do husbands that not just squandered his money, is also living in serious debt. If the wife know say that looking unto papa bomboy to do something till thy kingdom come won't yield anything, she better start making hay while d sun shines.

For ur wife to build a house b4 u means u r not serious. I can understand where she may aid u but in a situation where u don't think and plan for tomorrow and only her does that, applaud her its not easy.

In my place, we respect and hold such ladies dearly. When bestowing titles, she is a likely candidate. We call them "agu nwayi"

you must be from Onitsha. And no wonder Onitsha women are always very rude and their vulgarity is immeasurable.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by ochon: 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2014
onadana:
[color=#006600][/color]

Easier said than done.When you enter you go know how far. undecided

I'm not praying for such a marriage where I'll live in my wife's house. I want my wife to live in MY house. I want to be the provider. That's my wish. But at the same vein, we don't control the future. Will you let a good woman go because she's richer than you? A woman can be richer than a man, and if she can build the house, then why not? It's all about the man and woman and their understanding. A GOOD woman will not disrespect you, whether she built the house or not.

1 Like

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by ayo4dworld(m): 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2014
MarvellousGod:

The Spirit of God is just one. While reading all the responses from the reporters question what actually came to my mind was the first sentence you made, its so glaring from their comments. And the unmarried ones among them will be the selfish type and a man who does not want progress for his wife even when he is refusing to progress. Never agree with a man to change the ownership of your house to his own so he can remain the head. The best you can do is to wwrite it in the name of your children. Because if the man dies, his families will not take it easy with you, especially the greedy ones that want to reap where they havent sown

5 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2014
How does a woman building a house
translate to becoming disrespectful and domineering to you?

1 Like

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Bizibi(m): 7:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
I'm not against my wife owning properties but i can't stay in one built by her I prefer when a woman owns properties fr rent only.....I have seen some Nigeria women maltreating their husbands because of that and I don't want to experience such things....

2 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by BrokenTV: 7:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
ochon:

1 Billion likes.
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Bizibi(m): 7:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
olatunji390:
I have see one happen b4. The house belongs to the father of the wife, so she have a flat she live in with her husband. But anytime the couple have any quarrel, she will pack the husband's belongings and thrown it outside the house. 80% of women today will pick a point from been the owner of the house whenever a quarrel btw them arises.
that is very true I have seen it myself and that is what scares men these days

1 Like

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by mcdokwe(m): 7:54pm On Dec 14, 2014
Not advisable cos she won't fail to remind u she owns d house
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by crackhaus: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
cococandy:

i made what comment? The same comment that I told you a black guy on this forum made which I disagreed with at first except that your black brothers on this forum keep pushing us to believe it by their utterances?

While I do not totally agree with the guy,I can see why he believes so. Obviously from the comments one reads on forums like these, more than achievements and milestones what it really takes to make a black man feel like a man is the assurance that the woman is under him.

Petty . Not?

What black women have going for them is that they are the pillars of the homes which black men claim to be the head of.
Despite not being more privileged than the average black man, black women are soaring and surpassing men in many fields especially education.
[s]If you guys are not blaming govt. for not being able to make as much money as your mates are making,you're blaming America for the declining morals in your community or your favorite scapegoats feminists for making your wife realize she doesn't have to swallow all that poo all the time.
*you blame racism for your inability to meet up to world society's standards
*You blame God when the housemaid gets pregnant because it is his fault the black man is polygamous in nature.
*You blame the good guys who make the effort to ensure that they at least meet our needs halfway compassionately. They are the pansy wussies who are making y'all look weak.(i wonder if brute behavior is a symbol of strength.) [/s]

What black women have going is that they have taken up the responsibility y'all abandoned. Who do you think is holding up the forth in the face of so much excuses from our dear black brothers?

this is a generic statement and doesn't represent the whole population by any means. Nobody should develop heart attack on my account

The inability to separate your emotions from your comments has always been your problem, I asked a simple question which you answered in the bits I didn't strike out - every other part of your post is background noise and rants which you're projecting from somewhere else.

Aren't you the one who just talked about not diverting?

Who complained to you about government? Me?
Or about racism? Me?
Or about God? Me?
Or about the good guys? Definitely not me.

I urge you to direct those bits in your comment to those who have complained to you on NL or in real life, don't project on to me - I'm not the cause of your distaste/disapproval for/of black men, and I'm sure the majority don't even care how you feel about them/us.

Now what did you say about the things black women have going for them - ahh just read it again, it's a failed attempt.
Those are your opinions, same way I could easily have said black women only have single motherhood, prostitu.tion, and allergy to criticism going for them.

So I ask again, what do black women have going for them if the only thing black men have is subjugating their women?

Try removing your emotions from your next attempt... grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by cococandy(f): 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hmm. Even a class 6 student knows that 'you' in the post is referring in plural to black men in General. At the end I added a disclaimer that it was a generic statement yet you found a way to make it about you. Amazing!

If I was referring to you Crackhaus , I would say I was talking about you specifically and not black men in the General sense.
Remember I was already talking in general before you quoted me. So how did it become about you? undecided

And I'm the one making emotional comments?when you couldn't even calm down to read and digest.
crackhaus:

The inability to separate your emotions from your comments has always been your problem, I asked a simple question which you answered in the bits I didn't strike out - every other part of your post is background noise and rants which you're projecting from somewhere else.

Aren't you the one who just talked about not diverting?

Who complained to you about government? Me?
Or about racism? Me?
Or about God? Me?
Or about the good guys? Definitely not me.

I urge you to direct those bits in your comment to those who have complained to you on NL or in real life, don't project on to me - I'm not the cause of your distaste/disapproval for African men, I'm sure the majority don't even care though.

Now what did you say about the things black women have going for them - ahh just read it again, it's a failed attempt.
Those are your opinions, same way I could easily have said black women only have single motherhood, prostitu.tion, and allergy to criticism going for them.

So I ask again, what do black women have going for them if the only thing black men have is subjugating their women?

Try removing your emotions from your next attempt... grin

7 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by darediamond(m): 8:06pm On Dec 14, 2014
I onze asked an ederly woman (after telling me all sort of stories) whose son is my agemate that if she have a daughter who became wealthy to the extent of building a house for herself before getting or after getting married, that would she support her husband against her with this kind of belief.
She kept silence ligthly and said no!!
But according to her, she will support her Son against her wife under such circumstance.
What a selfishly senseless world!!

1 Like

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Bode2: 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2014
yettybaby112:
Which kind head dem be sef. *hiss*
I think this is the kind of woman or would be woman that guys are talking about.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? / Man Donates Car To Father Of Boy Whose Eyes Were Plucked Out In Kaduna. Photos / Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.