Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. (1495 Views)

12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School / The medical students and aspirants thread / Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by Doclight(m): 11:03am On Dec 13, 2014
Hello nairalanders! compliment of the season. There've been an enormous outcry of frustration faced in Medical schools in Nigeria, especially for those seeking admission. Have you wondered why many a time, after scoring high you still fall short admission, while those u exceed are gaining? yes that's what medicine is all about, it can be so frustrating to the extend of leaving you in the verge of changing course. That is part of the ways used to seperate the passionate for the strong. most atimes you find yourself writing JAMB for 4times or more, and sum would just hiss, saying "mtcheew! is it even worth the trouble?
Re: The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by Doclight(m): 11:08am On Dec 13, 2014
If you are opportuned to get admitted, you'd find out that you are even young compared to the people u wud find as course-mates especialling in 200l where u'd find people who already has a first degree coming back for medicine. One thing you must also know is that getting admitted doesnt mean u are a doctor, cos there's competition in the med. world, where abt 150 admitted and less than 15 graduate, yes that's it.
Re: The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by Doclight(m): 11:10am On Dec 13, 2014
Now, if after reading above u're still intrested, let's proceed. I wanna do a little tip on how to get that admission into medicine regardless the school.
Re: The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by Doclight(m): 11:18am On Dec 13, 2014
First for federal unis like UNN, UNIBEN, UNICAL, UI, UNILORIN, UNIZIK etc. there's room for locality, catchment and elds. where peeps with less scores closer to the merit cut and which fall under any of the listed "locality...." get admission where u that falls under none may be denied. Now don't just choose school based on asumption or like. The most important thing is to be a doctor.
Re: The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by Doclight(m): 11:30am On Dec 13, 2014
1. University of Ibadan: i'd recommend this school to all those who can read very well and pass with higher scores regardless ur origin, because the score that guarantee's admission is your putme scores. this year's cut was 80. 2. UNN/UNIZIK:[/b]candidates from abia, imo, ebonyi, enugu stand a chance better than merit(catchment). 3. [b]UNILAG: none indigenes stay clear, cos if merit pass u, den forget it, no special consideration. P.S FOR STATE SCHOOLS, PLS LOOK UP TO UR STATE SCHOOL IN OTHER TO STAND A CHANCE. i can't mention all schools, jus comment ur school of choice and let's help u knw ur chance. peace!
Re: The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by Zikdik(m): 10:03pm On Dec 13, 2014
Doclight:
If you are opportuned to get admitted, you'd find out that you are even young compared to the people u wud find as course-mates especialling in 200l where u'd find people who already has a first degree coming back for medicine. One thing you must also know is that getting admitted doesnt mean u are a doctor, cos there's competition in the med. world, where abt 150 admitted and less than 15 graduate, yes that's it.
Less than 15 is a capital lie.

1 Like

Re: The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by sagaciousblog: 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
Zikdik:

hehehehe!
Re: The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by Zikdik(m): 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
sagaciousblog:
hehehehe!
I hate it when I hear stuff like that. It can actually discourage loads of people. I used to hear a lot of that during my jamb and preliminary years.
Re: The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by sagaciousblog: 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2014
Zikdik:

I hate it when I hear stuff like that. It can actually discourage loads of people. I used to hear a lot of that during my jamb and preliminary years.
by my assessment,the op is actually a jambite. So let him be.. He is just trying to be busy.

1 Like

Re: The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by Kennethco(m): 10:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
Doclight: 1. University of Ibadan: i'd recommend this school to all those who can read very well and pass with higher scores regardless ur origin, because the score that guarantee's admission is your putme scores. this year's cut was 80.
Guy, d fact dat ui is a popular uni doesnt mke it d best, why will a doctor to be, be restricted from touching/examine patience...Those that ar still undergraduate studying medicine in ui will understand what i mean,
NB: i mean undergraduate not post graduate
Re: The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by Doclight(m): 6:53am On Dec 14, 2014
Zikdik:

LOL! DO U KNW HW MANY UNIPORT CONVOCATED LAST YEAR? Btw i made an example, nt a fact guy.
Re: The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by ogagusps3: 9:03am On Dec 14, 2014
Kennethco:
Guy, d fact dat ui is a popular uni doesnt mke it d best, why will a doctor to be, be restricted from touching/examine patience...Those that ar still undergraduate studying medicine in ui will understand what i mean,
NB: i mean undergraduate not post graduate
I have no idea what you mean.. I'm tired of touching patients sef..
Re: The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by QSheba: 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
For state uni I think AAU
Re: The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by Doclight(m): 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2014
ogagusps3:
I have no idea what you mean.. I'm tired of touching patients sef..
DNT MIND D GUY. Probably one of his kind. #fault-seekers. #correction fluid
Re: The Medical Schools You Should Go For. Find It Out Here. by Ssathugit: 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
Many young doctors need the help of older colleagues. However, when it's one permanent person it's much more useful. It can be anyone, such as a medical school http://medicmind.co.uk/ . There are good mentors who will see you as a receiver, and therefore teach and share their life experience.

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Jamb 2015 Change Of Institution Done In 24hrs Now. Limited Time / Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calendar / Reasons A University Education Is Important

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.