Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money (3564 Views)

Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin, Frank Edwards Arrive Lagos For "The Experience" / Pics From The Experience 2014 At TBS / Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by naomijt(f): 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2008
THE EXPERIENCE music festival is coming up tonight.

It's amazing how people can spend such a huge amount of money on matters that have no eternal consequence.

This shouldn't be our concentration as believers. I don't get how the concert will improve anyone's life or how it will save anyone.

It's pretty sad  sad sad
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by JJYOU: 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2008
this must be nigeria. which ministry or church?
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Bolarge(m): 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2008
I don't have a single kobo in House On The Rock so I can't possibly dictate to them how to spend their money.

1 Like

Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by naomijt(f): 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2008
It's taking place in Nigeria tonyt.

Bolarge:

I don't have a single kobo in House On The Rock so I can't possibly dictate to them how to spend their money.

With this, I assume u don't consider House on d Rock a christian church. undecided
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by JJYOU: 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2008
naomijt:

It's taking place in Nigeria tonyt.

With this, I assume u don't consider House on d Rock a christian church. undecided
do you have money in every church?
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by RichDad1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2008
Shakes head n walk away lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by KunleOshob(m): 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2008
Evidently a lot of people that profess christianity are mis-guided , they get unnecessarily excited over mundane events that have no basis in scripture. I can imagine what the millions of naira being burnt on this jamboree can do to up lift thouands of less priviledge people around angry
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by debosky(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2008
They have come again - the perpetual feed people versus have an event dilemma

Do any of the commentators have any idea what the show will encompass? Why are we so eager to pass hurried judgment?

naomijt:

THE EXPERIENCE music festival is coming up tonight.

It's amazing how people can spend such a huge amount of money on matters that have no eternal consequence.

This shouldn't be our concentration as believers. I don't get how the concert will improve anyone's life or how it will save anyone.

It's pretty sad  sad sad

Have you sought information as to how it can or will save anyone before passing judgment?

If by means of a concert with an altar call at some point, people get to know Christ, then what is wrong with that?

@ Kunle

Must we feed the entire world/underprivileged before having a concert to praise God?
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by JJYOU: 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2008
KunleOshob:

Evidently a lot of people that profess christianity are mis-guided , they get unnecessarily excited over mundane events that have no basis in scripture. I can imagine what the millions of naira being burnt on this jamboree can do to up lift thouands of less priviledge people around angry
trust you to turn up
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Okijajuju1(m): 4:28pm On Dec 05, 2008
Na wah o!!

lipsrsealed undecided
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by KunleOshob(m): 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2008
debosky:

@ Kunle

Must we feed the entire world/underprivileged before having a concert to praise God?
My grouse is not with just this single event which is being claimed to "praise God" my grouse is that christianity being practised today is completely off track. I expect the church to focus more on charitable causes as directed in the bible not trivialities like this. This is what the bible defines as true worship:
James 1:27:
27 Pure and genuine religion(worship) in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

debosky:

If by means of a concert with an altar call at some point, people get to know Christ, then what is wrong with that?

People don't get to know christ through alter calls, that method is just a creation of pentecostal churches
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by JJYOU: 5:07pm On Dec 05, 2008
KunleOshob:

My grouse is not with just this single event which is being claimed to "praise God" my grouse is that christianity being practised today is completely off track. I expect the church to focus more on charitable causes as directed in the bible not trivialities like this. This is what the bible defines as true worship:
James 1:27:
27 Pure and genuine religion(worship) in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
People don't get to know christ through alter calls, that method is just a creation of pentecostal churches
kunle which is your church?
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by AdamBrody1(m): 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2008
Sometimes Christians can be so wasteful and would go any length what so ever to push their senile and imaginary gods propaganda to any level to win imaginary soul grin Imagine every year they do this thing and i end up going to the show to pick up a chick. Its a very good pick up bar (Sorry concert), lol, You see them all hypocritically holy and concentrating so hard at the preachings that they must have heard a gazzillion times about choosing the right partner and someone filled with the holy spirit and you just have to play along like a saint and 1 month later your diposing condoms left and right before you dump her ass, lol grin

Gotta go! Another blissful sexual EXPERIENCE awaits me, lol
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Tgirl4real(f): 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2008
Hmm. . .

Knew dis was coming up. Majority of d people here don't even know what it means to be saved not to talk of what true worship is. Sad.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by tollu: 5:31pm On Dec 05, 2008
It's not so thoughtless at least, a good number of people will find some sort of experience over there, spiritual, sexual (according to Adam Brody) and what have you.

Personally, I think it's a waste of precious sleep hours and with today's downpour, it's bound to be an unforgettable experience indeed.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Tgirl4real(f): 5:51pm On Dec 05, 2008
True Adam, empty religion. I don't know who they think they are deceiving, God or themselves?

But that doesn't excuse your way of life Adam.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Cristalz(f): 5:55pm On Dec 05, 2008
Don't forget there's almost nothing that moves God as much as praises.  .  .one of the reasons David was called A man after God's heart.

Those of you not going, say so and shut it. What's your profit in condemning the entire program? Jeez.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by AdamBrody1(m): 6:19pm On Dec 05, 2008
post deleted

@Tgirl4real

Sorry about my way of life, lol I use it to spite christians once in a while in retaliation to the countless propaganda and discriminatory activities that surrounds their lifestyles against non abrahamoic believers.

Dont worry, i will go slow on these disillusioned bunch, Somebody shout Halleluyah!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by scottN(m): 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2008
Why criticize such if u can't implement an alternative? I'm not a member of HOTR but I think they r doing a good job.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by naomijt(f): 11:16pm On Dec 05, 2008
scottN:

Why criticize such if u can't implement an alternative? I'm not a member of HOTR but I think they r doing a good job.

Why implement an alternative?

I'm glad u used the word implement . . .

Are we to implement things in christianity. Aint we suppose to live our lives based on the teachings handed down to us by the apostles. Alot of people will be there tonight and still leave there and continue with the way they have been living their lives.

It doesn't make them a better christian in anyway. It doesn't even draw them closer to God. We love to feel too much. We based everything based on our feelings not on the reality of God's word.

The shepherds are not any better than the sheeple. sad
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by DavidDylan(m): 11:39pm On Dec 05, 2008
debosky:

They have come again - the perpetual feed people versus have an event dilemma

Do any of the commentators have any idea what the show will encompass? Why are we so eager to pass hurried judgment?

Have you sought information as to how it can or will save anyone before passing judgment?

Debo i beg to disagree with you . . . it is another senseless christian jamboree that has no eternal value for the millions who are going PRIMARILY for the entertainment value. Its sad that emotional frenzy has replaced genuine conviction in the church today.

No wonder even the websites refers to the music "ministers" who would be "performing" as ARTISTES.

How the church has slowly become the den of merchants.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:54am On Dec 06, 2008
@Adam Brody
Damn! You knew me secret all along!
I will stake out shiloh this year, variety is truly the spice of life. I tell you though the christ embassy sisters need a degree smiley if you know what I mean.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:55am On Dec 06, 2008
@Adam Brody
Damn! You knew me secret all along!
I will stake out shiloh this year, variety is truly the spice of life. I tell you though the christ embassy sisters need a degree smiley if you know what I mean.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Carlosein(m): 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2008
first i didn't understand when half my colleagues at work were headed for the TBS when i was heading home at bout 8pm.

then i didn't get why i was stuck in traffic for more than 4hrs (heard later i was very very lucky) going from vi to egbeda.

but the shocker was when i woke up at 3am and heard the rain pouring.

men did i really pray for all those people at TBS having the wettest experience of their lives.

can someone really explain what the point of it all is ?
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Okijajuju1(m): 1:32pm On Dec 06, 2008
@ Chris

Oboy how far na!! Na shiloh you carry for mind this year?? Oboy I for like join you O! Just say I no go dey Lag till Next year.

@ Topic

I just got information from the show, I hear say as the rain dey fall wan wound people, some pastors come vex wan show their self na ehn dem start to fie Prayer dey speak in tongues. As them dey pray, na ehn people start to dey fall everywhere, at first them think say falling under annointing, na until person find out say na faint dem dey faint na ehn dem start to dey dail 911. Cold wan kill people. I hear say some people sef start to dey sell cough and catarrgh medicine for the venue.
But the interesting part be say, upon the combined team of Pastors, and all the praises wey them sing give God, the rain no gree stop. Instead, E multiply ehn intensity. One pastor come see say yawa wan gas, na ehn dem start to dey sing "It is raining, all around me".

The truth is that people are just wasted precious sleep time to go for an unproductive, yet cost effective church scam. Now to make matters worse, some are prolly sick with the flu, and would need another crusade to be healed.

Talk about misguided suckas. angry
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2008
Oga okija men wetin man go do na body no be firewood and the thrill of seeing the sister wey just cabash finish itching to get it is always thrilling, any time any day sisters will give hookers a run for their money smiley (no be me talk oh)
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Carlosein(m): 2:53pm On Dec 06, 2008
Okija_juju:

@ Chris

Oboy how far na!! Na shiloh you carry for mind this year?? Oboy I for like join you O! Just say I no go dey Lag till Next year.

@ Topic

I just got information from the show, I hear say as the rain dey fall wan wound people, some pastors come vex wan show their self na ehn them start to fie Prayer dey speak in tongues. As them dey pray, na ehn people start to dey fall everywhere, at first them think say falling under annointing, na until person find out say na faint them dey faint na ehn them start to dey dail 911. Cold wan kill people. I hear say some people sef start to dey sell cough and catarrgh medicine for the venue.
But the interesting part be say, upon the combined team of Pastors, and all the praises wey them sing give God, the rain no gree stop. Instead, E multiply ehn intensity. One pastor come see say yawa wan gas, na ehn them start to dey sing "It is raining, all around me".

The truth is that people are just wasted precious sleep time to go for an unproductive, yet cost effective church scam. Now to make matters worse, some are prolly sick with the flu, and would need another crusade to be healed.

okija, you go wound pesin o grin grin grin grin

but mesef been guess say some smallboy pastor go come try this kind stunt n i pity the bobo.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by oladapsy: 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2008
that is so not true why do we feel d need to make up stories up to the point when it started to rain i bliv it was an awesome praise worship i bliv xtians there were nt of one accord yesterday prayers weren,t offered 2wards d rain ceasing instead a tent was put up for d performers and d show continued cos some were comfy i saw a genuine lack of faith all in all it was an xperience enjoyed sure pple were cold bt there was no one ainting left nd right as u said angry shocked
Okija_juju:

@ Chris

@ Topic

I just got information from the show, I hear say as the rain dey fall wan wound people, some pastors come vex wan show their self na ehn them start to fie Prayer dey speak in tongues. As them dey pray, na ehn people start to dey fall everywhere, at first them think say falling under annointing, na until person find out say na faint them dey faint na ehn them start to dey dail 911. Cold wan kill people. I hear say some people sef start to dey sell cough and catarrgh medicine for the venue.
But the interesting part be say, upon the combined team of Pastors, and all the praises wey them sing give God, the rain no gree stop. Instead, E multiply ehn intensity. One pastor come see say yawa wan gas, na ehn them start to dey sing "It is raining, all around me".

Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Okijajuju1(m): 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2008
I knew someone would try to deny it!!

Can you swear that no minister tried to pray away the rain??

Can you swear that they did not sing christian rain songs??

Can you swear that no one fainted from the cold and being drenched in rain for over 5 hours??

Can you also tell me that there were no dogs at the venue for crowd control??

Can you tell me that no one would fall seriously ill after that ordeal last night??

Can you honestly convinced yourself that the experience was worth giving up your sleep and shelter for??

angry

What ever happened to "Peace be still" and "Whatsoever you ask in faith I will do" and "If you say to this mountain be moved and cast into the sea, and you believe it will happen" e.t.c.

I guess since you guys couldnt even pray away an ordinary rain that apprentice rain makers in my shrine would have held back without sweat, that must mean either God was sleeping or did not approve of that charade.

MY Opinion
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Carlosein(m): 3:19pm On Dec 06, 2008
ok bro okija.

it's no longer funny, afterall na dem rain beat

na dem no sleep well, na dem cold catch and na dem go still go shiloh and others.

but u sure say ya apprentice rain maker for fit to handle dat rain-me i enter inside and e beat me heavily o (no ask why grin grin)
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Okijajuju1(m): 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2008
Ofcourse they can!!

O.k let mehint you on what happened yesterday.

In Rivers State, there was a public holiday to celebrate their Carnival CARNIRIV 2008.
This was like a big deal because the town was on lock down. There was a big procession from one end to the other of Port-Harcourt.

They employed the services of Rian makers to hold back the rain for the duration of the programme for the day. Now the interesting part is that the programme ended around 6, at About 6:30pm, the rains started. Now thats what I call faith. My people didnt hold the rain for that event o!! But if only the organisers had contacted real professionals, that programme might have been successful.  tongue
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Carlosein(m): 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2008
okija, look you be real clown. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Difficulties, Contradictions And Problems In The Crucifixion Tale / Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} / Santa Claus Was A Catholic Bishop Who Owned A Slave Named Black Pete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.