Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (53020 Views)

Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta / Getting Married As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by mutter(f): 12:41pm On Dec 14, 2014
Sherina your story is sad. You were not stupid just young and left on your own so you did what you could to get along. Many girls would turn to "prostitution" to get along but you stood to one man.
You also made it clear it was not just the financial but also the moral support and the care and attention you hungered for.
Now you are in a polygamous marriage and you feel bad.
If the man is good to you and you have no problems with the wife you have to re think. There is no need being ashamed about it, that is the mistake some women make. Outside there no one is laughing.
You need to think from all sides. He does not keep his cloths in your house but doing that would mean taking them away from the first wife. You need to show her kindness and be fair to her just as she has been fair to you.
The fact that you are not a moslem does not mean you cannot change your mode of dressing. At least when his visitors are around or you go to certain functions with him. I would also encourage you to learn all you can about Islam, even the prayers, that would make it easier for you and when you have kids you can support them with their religion.

21 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2014
Floodgater:
i doubt if you will ever be happy there seeing that the man's lifestyle is not helping. What do you want? If you want to remain there, sing it long enough for people to join in by not paying attention to the talks ie stand for what you want. Experience has shown that no matter how good or bad what you stand for people will accept or see you as that if stand tall and confident enough. If you choose rather to quit, know that you have made a mistake and must not pay with all your life. Make the decision to move out and take charge of any aftermath, do not fear the unknown or tommorrow. First make plans on how to survive without him (work/business), save and be quick with your exit as delay may be dangerous. I hope your sister support and assist you. You can start afresh in a new town. Gently and apologetically let your man know you want to quit whilst still there or from a safe haven if he can be dangerous, you know him better. Ask God for forgiveness and forgive yourself too, know that he has benefitted from you as well but try and be at peace with this man even it takes time. Goodluck.

All these people asking u to quit ur marriage are not sincere in their lives. They are all fraud. Where do they think they are? in belgium or france? When did it become a taboo to be a second or third wife in nigeria? If they claim they are christians do they read the bible? How many of the friends of God in the bible married only one wife. how many of those stigmatising you will give an arm and a leg to be fifth wife to Goodluck Jonathan, Rotimi Amechi or kwankwaso. You have made ur decision, live with it & make the best use of ur life. How many of us have monogamous parent to the third generation in nigeria?
Most of those condemning u have multiple se.x partners but come out to pretend to be saints.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
onegig:
The world would be a better place and people would lead more prosperous and peaceful lives if they would learn to shield and block their ears from what people say or how people percieve them.

All I see here is someone who wants a change of state not because of hardship but because of what people think of her.

Sherina... Go on and leave the marriage.

And after that I hope you would not get into another marriage with maybe a murderer or armed robber just because "you don't like the way people look at you when you say you are single and divorced".

When would you do one single thing for your own personal happiness instead of what the inconsequential people on the outside you give control over your life think?

8 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
grin grin wink
Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by sherina10: 2:54am On Dec 15, 2014
zeezzy:
@sherina10,what has d man done to u?Nothing;his wife nkò?Nothing. know that some pple will also be seeing d man as a betrayer for marrying you and his first wife for a fool for accepting you & treating u nicely.
The grieviances u stated is nothing.Its like looking for trouble where there is none.What do u want to do wit his personal belongings?For d fact that he's not putting them in your house does not mean he wil neva put them there.Just continue being good&patient.
As for his friends not visiting him in your house,remember he has a place they are used to.They barely know u.
Take it easy on yourself,i can't see any problem here.Love them as they have love u and watch how things will continue improving.
As per pple looking at u somehow,what concerns u wit their looks &opinion.If u had married a rich single man & u are frm a poor background,thats how u wil b percieved,so let dem continue looking @ u somehow while u continue enjoying your family.
You must be contented,just as d first wife accepted u & treat u nicely;Respect her & treat her wit kindness too.Never wish that she's out of d picture so u can be d only one.May God continue to grant u mercy & guidance.

Amen, thank you very much for the advice and ThANKS AT ALL for the advice n d critisism I REALLY appreciate. thx

3 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by sherina10: 3:08am On Dec 15, 2014
veave:

Sweedy there is nothing personal about your matter abeg. Nne i am not married yet, and when i do it definitely would not be another woman's husband. Again when i i finally do honey, i will wait patiently for predators like you with my cutlass, bows and arrows. You are a very wicked girl, this is how you want to pay the poor man and innocent woman for all their sacrifices by backing out of the deal... you better open your legs and start shooting out babies if you don't want Amadioha to strike you dia. Mtchwww... yeye geh...

Please my dear im sorry for exchanging word with u i didnt come here to that really. Thanks a million for d critisism as painful as it sound its highly appreciated. i pray u get a good husband who wouldnt look at girls like me if at all there is any, Amen.

13 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by sherina10: 4:28am On Dec 15, 2014
Mondisweets:
He told you they had separated but later on you found out he is still very much in love with his wife and they are not at all separated and you are just a baby-making machine, hiding behind the second wife title cheesy My dear you cant play victim, you made a choice and now u have to live with the consequences. Whether u decide to stay or leave, remember you will still have to endure the consequences of the decision you make. So you decided to ask for serious advice on NL, madam are you okay? grin

Yes im okay. He came to visit me in school bought an engagement ring, gave it to me, we spent some time togheter when he was about living that same day was when he told me about his wife, i had to let go then, he came to visit me again in school with his wife, he said he was serious and our marriage will be normal and his wife is in support. he informed me that when he told his people about his intention of getting married again they gave him a condition that he must reconcile with his wife because his wife is still very much interested in the marriage and she has no problem with him getting married again at that point in time i couldnt let go because he was pratically a family to me then, who showed me so much love and support just to marry me not that i dont love him? i do love him, he is very okay and honest. i had to go ahead and marry him otherwise i will see myself as an ungrateful person, i never knew polygamy comes with stigma and sometimes unwarranted hatred from people especially as the second wife. i dont know im playing victim, i taught i was writing my story and about child rearing i only knew about that after the marriage. NOTE; I wont be fair if i dont mention that up till now i dont have a child nor pregnant but he is still supportive. thanks for the advice

1 Like

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Nobody: 5:01am On Dec 15, 2014
sherina10:

Yes im okay. He came to visit me in school bought an engagement ring, gave it to me, we spent some time togheter when he was about living that same day was when he told me about his wife, i had to let go then, he came to visit me again in school with his wife, he said he was serious and our marriage will be normal and his wife is in support.
and it never bothered you why another woman was just willing to accept a third party into the marriage?

he informed me that when he told his people about his intention of getting married again they gave him a condition that he must reconcile with his wife because his wife is still very much interested in the marriage and she has no problem with him getting married again at that point in time i couldnt let go because he was pratically a family to me then, who showed me so much love and support just to marry me not that i dont love him?
since you knew right from the word go that you would be sharing a husband, why the sudden change of heart?

i do love him, he is very okay and honest. i had to go ahead and marry him otherwise i will see myself as an ungrateful person, i never knew polygamy comes with stigma and sometimes unwarranted hatred from people especially as the second wife. i dont know im playing victim, i taught i was writing my story and about child rearing only knew about that after the marriage.
Why would we hate it? Its just annoying people who enter into marriages knowing very well what they are doing and when things dont go the way they hoped it would, they start making all manner of noise. If you are not playing victim, why then would you say you married him because you didnt want to seem ungrateful by rejecting the proposal?

NOTE; I wont be fair if i dont mention that up till now i dont have a child nor pregnant but he is still supportive. thanks for the advice
well since you had the miscarriage its obvious you are not barren, why would he not be supportive when he know he can always try his luck again. You better get pregnant before another woman comes in to do the job for you.

4 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by sherina10: 5:05am On Dec 15, 2014
Abojupupa:
Having read your story, I made the following deductions:
You married a good man and he made you comfortable
You no longer wish to be a 2nd wife.
My opinion:
You need to look before you leap so that you dont lose all you have.
Are you aware that many ladies are still single and seriously searching even at 30+?
Do you know guys will normally not marry a divorcee especially if she already has a kid?
Consider your looks: why was it that you did not attract single guys while your hubby was wooing you? Do you think you can attract other single guys? Apart from your looks, what other things do you have as assets that can attract guys? How will you avoid players? Just think about these before you take your decision.

lol sorry i had to laugh at the consider your look, i can rate myself as extremely beautiful, thank God for that. hubby had sleepless nights when i went to nysc orientaton camp. he never allowed 5 min past without hearing from me, i couldnt stay a day wiThout answering what im still doing in camp. i had a boyfriend who was single before i met hubby, probaly he was scared i was going to be a boden when i left my sisters house he broke up with me within a week, even as i am married singles guys do approach me even though i know majorrity of them are players.

dear my look is not the problem and about assets that can attract single guys i have alot of it. i just want to be stigma free
no unwarranted insult and hatred, having people who see me foolish, stupid, greedy, silly, unhappy etc around me. thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by veave(f): 5:27am On Dec 15, 2014
sherina10:

Please my dear im sorry for exchanging word with u i didnt come here to that really. Thanks a million for d critisism as painful as it sound its highly appreciated. i pray u get a good husband who wouldnt look at girls like me if at all there is any, Amen.

AMEN!
Sorry for exchanging words with you too.
I don't have any right to judge you. We all have erred somewhere and elsewhere.
If you really really want a divorce, then do not get pregnant yet. Save as much as you can within the period you will be waiting to run because you need money to be on your own. Go to a very far town and rent a place. Make sure you run first before you start talking about divorce. And no matter what, do not return to the house for anything what so ever. You will need a lot of prayers and strong bones to do this...

If you have changed your mind about the divorce, you will have to stop listening to people's opinion. You are a second wife and so what? Most of them don't have perfect lives also. Even if you do not want to practice ogas religion, try to cover your hair whenever he is coming to see you or has a function. Were clothes that are not revealing.
Late mariam babangida was a christian before she married her husband. IBB did not marry any other person after her while she was alive. Why? She conqured his heart. Try to conquer Ogas heart entirely...

Peace!

9 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by ECSpee(f): 6:35am On Dec 15, 2014
@op one question for you before I profer my advice: Did you have a proper wedding?...Did your sister/parents or any member of your family consented the marriage? Or you just packed into his house like ... undecided@op one question for you before I profer my advice: Did you have a proper wedding?...Did your sister/parents or any member of your family consented the marriage? Or you just packed into his house like ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by mutter(f): 9:01am On Dec 15, 2014
As long as the first wife has accepted you and her consent was sought there is no critic on being a second wife. Your husband has fufilled the consdition as provided by his faith.
Secondly she has improved her marriage through you, so she is even in a better position.

5 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 15, 2014
Sherina if you are still a Christian you got no business being any man's second wife no matter how nice he is to you. This is not about him its about you lucky you are still young and have your life ahead you. You will soon be through with service and life is beyond stigma i continue to believe life is doing the best for yourself, doing right by yourself. Just like its your life and you can stay second wife, its also your life if you decide to divorce him and fight for yourself i still think you should give yourself a chance out there yes you married another woman's husband but it depends on how you see it do you consider this a mistake or a lifetime commitment you want to ride out if you consider it a mistake take a chance yes it will definitely not be all rosy and peaches but staying there will not be all rosy and peaches either. Don't silence you inner voice that is trying to get your attention don't. Nobody is living in your body, living your life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 15, 2014
Op, i hope you are ready for a third wife. Because the probability of another woman coming in is high especially if your husband feels like falling in love over again with a younger woman than you are. Its a good thing you are being realistic about the sole reason he married you; For children only. You've laid your bed so lie on it.

#Thinking aloud# Now i wonder what sort of happiness a woman can derive from a man who married her for childbearing purposes only. If its just material possessions then my position on polygamy has been right all along. SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Agrika: 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
shinejackie:
Hollywood, bollywood & Nollywood story,next....... undecided
Plus k-pop drama (korean)

2 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Agrika: 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nobody should judge the lady please...as fo***ish as her reasons are, O.p. I think you want to leave this marriage not because of how devout u are to ur christian faith but because of what people will say...see make I tell u...there is nothing u will do in ds life that people won't talk...if u do dem go say u do, if u no do dem go say why you no do...u re even lucky d first wife received you with open arms...and from what I hv seen that man is a devout muslim who truly loves his wife with all his heart and he couldn't have married you in the first place had it been she could produce children...so I have to be frank with you, u are nothing but an "intruder", a "surrogate" wife and that's all u are ever gonna be as long as Miss First wife is around...so my advice, is that before u take any decision u should first look into yourself, cos you know the kind of person u are, you equally know your temperament and limits....
Are you easily swayed by people's opinions?, are you ready to share your man with another woman on the a 70-30% basis? What really were your original reasons for getting into that marriage, hv they been met so far?...cos as far as far as am concerned, u got served fairly...u married him for comfort and richies...he married you for babies...all na draw

3 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by sherina10: 1:01pm On Dec 15, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Op, i hope you are ready for a third wife. Because the probability of another woman coming in is high especially if your husband feels like falling in love over again with a younger woman than you are. Its a good thing you are being realistic about the sole reason he married you; For children only. You've laid your bed so lie on it.

#Thinking aloud# Now i wonder what sort of happiness a woman can derive from a man who married her for childbearing purposes only. If its just material possessions then my position on polygamy has been right all along. SMH.

In terms of happiness, we are good, we are like every other married couple with polygamy as the difference. im happy in the marriage, i dont have a single problem with him in person, i only have problem with polygamy and myself for accepting it because ive been taged unwarranted names.
come to think of it, if he married me because his first wife couldnt give him his number of desired children then im not the only one he married for children.

8 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by sherina10: 1:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
mutter:
As long as the first wife has accepted you and her consent was sought there is no critic on being a second wife. Your husband has fufilled the consditionas as provided by his faith.
Secondly she has improved her marriage through you, so she is even in a better position.

Thank you very much for the advice. you have been fair all through. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by KanwuliaJara: 1:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
I don't see any problems here o!
Looks like everyone got EXACTLY what they served and DESERVED!

Next topic please>>>>>>>>>>>exits from this end>>>>>>>>>>>>>

3 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
I don't see any problems here o!
Looks like everyone got EXACTLY what they served and DESERVED!

Next topic please>>>>>>>>>>>exits from this end>>>>>>>>>>>>>

True,happy xmas in advance....... grin kiss

1 Like

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by KanwuliaJara: 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
shinejackie:

True,happy xmas in advance....... grin kiss

To you too! kiss
Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
sherina10:

In terms of happiness, we are good, we are like every other married couple with polygamy as the difference. im happy in the marriage, i dont have a single problem with him in person, i only have problem with polygamy and myself for accepting it because ive been taged unwarranted names.
come to think of it, if he married me because his first wife couldnt give him his number of desired children then im not the only one he married for children.

Well, like i said earlier, i hope you are preparing yourself to welcome a 3rd wife. Your decision comes with a price. Be ready for it. At the end of the day, you are the one to decide for yourself. Its your life. People will always talk whether you do good or bad. You can only live a fulfilled life if you make decisions that will make you happy and stick to them regardless of what anybody says. If you dnt know how to develop thick skin for something that means so much to you in this mean world we are living, then you dnt know how to live LIFE. How much something means to you will be shown by how much you stand by it and defend it. If you continue to make decisions because of what people will say, you are automatically a puppet with no life purpose and you will never be satisfied/happy because all you will be doing all your life is satisfying others but displeasing youurself. To me, you are still not happy. If you really are, you wouldnt care what people say. The thick skin would be in you already. What do you really want in life? ask yourself.

1 Like

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by sherina10: 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
ECSpee:
@op one question for you before I profer my advice: Did you have a proper wedding?...Did your sister/parents or any member of your family consented the marriage? Or you just packed into his house like ... undecided@op one question for you before I profer my advice: Did you have a proper wedding?...Did your sister/parents or any member of your family consented the marriage? Or you just packed into his house like ...

We had a proper marriage, my sister/family consented to it though they where not okay with my decision, they did everything possible to stop me but i blantantly refuse to listen to them because to me then they were no where to be found when the going was rough and they ask me to move on with my life the best way i can, they even went as far as saying it was magic but they gave their consent after much interogation, rules, prayers and when they got to know him a little in person etc they even insisted we had a court marriage.
Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
sherina10:
Hello
I'm 23 years old, a graduate and currently serving.

I met a guy sometimes in 2012 and we got into into a relationship along the line he told me he was married but had issue with his wife and they are separated but he didn't tell me what d issue was.

I couldn't care less then because I had issue with my elders sister's husband whom I was staying with and he sent me packing. They were the one sponsoring my education. I was broke, confused and frustrated with no money. I called my in law to apologize he wouldn't pick up, send sms in fact I did everything I could to make him forgive me but it seems its heart was made up then, I was left with no choice but to move on then I just finished the semester for 300 level going to 400 level with no savings in my account and my heart was full of anger and hatred.

Above is the reason why I couldn't care less, then i was totally broke with no love from anyone expect this guy, in fact to me he was God sent then because really he saved me from a lot of sufferings.

He helped me move on with no stress, again I was comfortable and I don't need my sister's money for anything but he told me that he wanted to get married to me which I accepted because I cant afford to loose him.

Along the line he reconciled with his wife and he told me that he had reconciled with his wife and he told her about me and his intention to marry me and she accepted.
Note: they are muslim n i'm a Christian
When he told me about this I wasn't comfortable with it because I wasn't interested in polygamy in fact at the beginning I lost interest in everything when he told me he was married but I couldn't let go because of the comfort. He is not very rich but he is comfortable.

We kept on seeing each other, he is very okay in person, very religious, very caring, he had it all and I love him very much.
All he wanted was marriage, I got to know his wife who happen to be very nice too and sometimes I wonder why a woman will become that nice to her husband's lipsrsealed
Everything was going fine and I got deep into promise of I will marry him too to the point of no return again I was left with no choice than to get married to him.

FAST FORWARD..........
We are currently married(polygamy)
Separate apartment (the two houses are close by) no transport needed.
24hours with each wife
No fighting
Provide's everything equally
JEALOUS? Deal with it whatever way you can but you have no right to confront your mate over anything because she isn't married to you.

The marriage is going on fine if you can deal with the above.

My GRIEVIANCE
1. I just find out that he married me (if not me then another) for child bearing
His wife had health issues and he wants a particular number of children.
How did I know this? He told me himself. When I stressed on it he told me that if he married me for child rearing how come we are still together because i lost a pregnancy
not long after we got married.

2. He doesn't keep any of his personal belongings in the apartment the both of us is sharing. But he brings some office document and somethings when he needs them and take it back when he is done

3. He doesn't receive visitors in our apartment. Reasons: I don't cover my head and his friends isn't comfortable looking at me because it's as if i'm naked to them.

4. Sometimes I feel ashamed of being a second wife, I cant tell my friends, sometimes when we discuss marital issue they always complain about money but I don't while they are I like I wish i'm comfortable like u, In my mind I will be like I wish I can get a husband to myself like u kiss . Pathetic? Yes.

All in all the marriage has not been bad but my senses just can't accept it that i'm a 2nd fiddle, maybe because of the way I was raised or because it is a taboo to my Christian faith.

I want a divorce because he has bridged his marriage contract, he told me initially that wife is wife in islam, there is no difference between 1st, 2nd to infinto wives but I cant cope with the above because I feel he lied to me.
I can't be in a marriage because of children.

CRITICISM is allowed but please advise while you do so or after you have done that.

It is worthy to NOTE that we never committed fornication/adultery before the marriage because he said its against its religion.
If you want any kpekus (whether extra, supplementary or whatever) then get married first, lol.

As a Christian,you know this is not God' s will for you
You are living in adultery if you stay with this man
Your conscience is now pricking you on that ,don't neglect it

Sadly you used this man and he used you too
You were in dire straits and he helped you out financially and then wanted marriage in return and against your better judgement you succumbed.From what you wrote here,he seems like a nice man but you can see your polygamous situation is embarrassing to you.You should be comfortable in your choice but you are not because your Spirit will not let you.That is the confirmation that you don't belong there.

Way forward

1. Kneel beside your bed and ask God to forgive you for this disobedience and help you to get through this
2. Confide in an older Christian,possibly a pastor's wife for counsel and mentorship
3. Tell your husband that you want to leave the marriage and live a Christian life and that polygamy is not what you want to do anymore,besides polygamy is unhealthy.The emotional aside,it also has health implications.It is just as good as sleeping around.any of the partners can bring in a disease and spread it to others. Dont take that risk with your young life.
4. If you hurt and disobeyed your family,ask for their forgiveness
5. Find a good living Church and establish membership and grow there

I don't condemn you,people make mistakes especially when desperate
You have realized it and that is commendable

I pray God provides you with a good loving husband after all this,don't let anyone talk you out of this decision you came to
You are young,your life just begun,you deserve better than this.

You have taken a good step,don't look back

If you need to talk more you can email me babyosisi@hotmail.com
I am a married mother of children and got married at your age .email me if you want to talk more

6 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
cococandy:
You married another woman's husband and you expect us to clap for you? undecided
I won't judge you for marrying for money since most people have reasons for which they get married.but If you must marry for comfort, leave the ones that are already taken.

I don't understand why these Muslim men keep chasing after christian girls when there are millions of Muslims women in hijabi they can choose from
Is she the only fertile woman on that campus?

7 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 15, 2014
sherina10:

I can't deal with the emotion and the stigma. That awful look they give me when they discover i'm a second wife at my age breaks my heart.

Imagine what it will be like when the 3rd and 4th wives arrive
Oh yes they will
Do you think the first wife was eagerly expecting you on her own wedding day?
I am sorry for the loss of your pregnancy but The fact that you haven't yet had a baby is a mixed blessing,get out now rather than as a single mother
You are just 23
You won't stay 23 a long time
This is your prime,don't blow it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by mutter(f): 3:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
babyosisi:

Imagine what it will be like when the 3rd and 4th wife arrive
Do you think the first wife was eagerly expecting you on her own wedding day?
That you haven't yet had a baby is a blessing,get out now rather than as a single mother
You are just 23
You won't stay 23 a long time
This is your prime,don't blow it

Please this woman has done nothing wrong. She married a man legally and in accordance with the traditions of our land. Polygamy is part of our culture and it is a good part of our culture too.

As an older wife it is better to have your husband remain wiht you even when he wants another woman. In other cultures the men simply abandon the woman and their kid`s. Through polygamy the african woman has a guarantee that she has a place in the man`s house even when she gets older.

The only way she can do wrong is if she treats the senior wife wrongly.

10 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
mutter:

Please this woman has done nothing wrong. She married a man legally and in accordance with the traditions of our land. Polygamy is part of our culture and it is a good part of our culture too.

As an older wife it is better to have your husband remain wiht you even when he wants another woman. In other cultures the men simply abandon the woman and their kid`s. Through polygamy the african woman has a guarantee that she has a place in the man`s house even when she gets older.

The only way she can do wrong is if she treats the senior wife wrongly.

I have engaged you here before,you are a Muslim woman who feels your religion is being bashed here and you are speaking to defend it
Give your own advise and allow me give mine she asked for it
The woman is not comfortable with a decision she made at 21 out of desperation and wants a way out
She started the thread on that topic ,remember?
She is also a Christian,remember?
Now step!

11 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by mutter(f): 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2014
babyosisi:

I have engaged you here before,you are a Muslim woman who feels your religion is being bashed here and you are speaking to defend it
Give your own advise and allow me give mine she asked for it
The woman is not comfortable with a decision she made at 21 out of desperation and wants a way out
She started the thread on that topic ,remember?
She is also a Christian,remember?
Now step!

Gosh this forum is not Real life okay.
You have absolutely no idea of my religion. Besides you are just condemning the man because he is a moslem. While true christianity means extending to everyone the same love and regard. I think that is what Jesus tried to tell us in the parable of the good samaritan.

11 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2014
babyosisi:

I don't understand why these Muslim men keep chasing after christian girls when there are millions of Muslims women in hijabi they can choose from
Is she the only fertile woman on that campus?
Very true.

3 Likes

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by thorpido(m): 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
Young lady,you are not in the right place and you know it.It's the reason why you came here.
You got into all this mix-up for material gains and the man in your life exploited it.However,you can start afresh.
Take what Babyosisi said and follow it.You are still young and a better future awaits you.
This line that you have chosen will not give you the future you want.It will also draw you away from Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing by Kimoni: 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
I am still trying to figure out how the husband exploited her by getting married to her and still don't get why the OP says he only married her for child bearing, or am I reading this story upside down ni?

He never lied to you about his status before the wedding, you were the one doing all the receiving, he didn't even sleep with you or insist you get pregnant before marrying you, so where exactly is the exploitation coming from?

Even after the wedding, there is still no baby, he has not because of that sent you packing nor mistreated you in any way, so how did you arrive at that conclusion he married you just for child bearing?

OP, it's ok to tell us this man has outlived his usefulness in your life, but pls be fair to him and don't start roping unnecessary sins around him.

And mind you, your Christian faith is not why you want to leave him, that's very obvious right?

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mimi Stevenson: Burn Survivor And Her Two Kids Melt Hearts On Social Media / If You Didn't Play With These Dolls As A Girl,you Are N't Ripe For Marriage@pic / He Wants Sex Every Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.