Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Synergy In 3D Animations. What Does It Mean? How Does It Work? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Synergy In 3D Animations. What Does It Mean? How Does It Work? (1457 Views)

Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. / Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria / Create Photorealistic Interior And Exterior Design In 3d (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Synergy In 3D Animations. What Does It Mean? How Does It Work? by reidkrugger(m): 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
Hello Guys and i trust you are all doing good. First of, i want to say kudos to all you great guys that have been persistent enough in the continual breaking of new grounds in the 3d industry. Very good jobs coming out by the day and very encouraging ones too. Nice.

Alright, today i'll be looking at the word Synergy. What does it mean? A lot of people use it here and nothing happens afterwards. Well to begin with, i'll go with Synergy is "the interaction of elements that when combined produce a total effect that is greater than the sum of the individual elements, contributions, etc". This definition is culled from dictionary.com and if it's what alot of the guys here mean then we are good to go with reasoning together so you can go on reading, but if not then don't bother as it will appear that we are on different pages from start.

Now people urge others to Synergize, which is an awesome idea but what are we synergizing? I think to put it in simple terms, it means bringing different useful things to the table to achieve one great effect. Up till this day, i've not seen anything like it even as awesome as this idea may seem and people clamour for it at every given opportunity to use it. Like i said it's a very good thing and if you don't believe me, then you should try modelling from scratch, texturing, rigging and behaving like crazy all in the name of animating. Do that a couple of times say three or four then you'd get the drift. I animate and create everything from scratch because that way, i learn and it gradually accepts me ultimately becoming a part of me, also it helps me build my speed. But that doesn't mean i like it. For me, i do it because i have to especially when you take into account the society we are in and the missing infrastructures needed to help harness that creative mind. Well the bad news is The government doesn't seem to care much about me and you or youth development so lets talk Synergy for real, maybe this would work.

Some of us 3D artist model very well, others texture and the rest probably rig and animate. As it stands, a lot of us know how to model and texture whether professionally,amateur-ly, slightly, roughly or any ly that you'd want to put it. But the same cannot be said about animating as some of us are just too far away from others. What i'm trying to say here is, there are more modellers than animators. If you were to do a ten minute shot and you are thinking of raising a team to pull it off, this may not work as you are about to find out that a particular specie lacks in your team. And even if you manage to bring them together in the small amounts of what everyone knows or can contribute, you'll find out that some of these guys don't understand the language of these other guys not because the Softwares are different, not because they are far from each other but because they understand the fundamentals that link them up in different ways and levels. For instance, a lot of us still struggle with walk circles while some others actually bring a variety of thought actions into life. The ways may not be a problem but the level is and will always be. Faced with small problems like these... Synergy may not work.

Synergy can only work where there is division of labour and everyone to a large extent can work with very little supervision or non at all. And like i said, when it comes to ways, that part of the problem can be tackled as we see things differently but when it comes to Levels then that's a different ball game. So you see, the synergy thing would seem to apply in different respects considering the little things said here plus a lot more. And in the end it all boils down to how good you are for someone to want to collaborate with you. This last piece is the ugliest nobody wants to tell you to your face because they want to probably stay in your good books.
Re: Synergy In 3D Animations. What Does It Mean? How Does It Work? by prof800(m): 12:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
Nice article.

Over a hundred CG artists (animators, riggers, modellers etc) were involved in making "The Croods" --- now that's what I call synergy.

Three separate companies (Industrial Lights and magic, The Orphanage, and The Embassy) were involved in the Visual effects of "Iron Man" --- that's also what I call synergy. Not that I.L.M couldn't have handled the whole thing but they needed the best, and only when they work synergistic-ally with the other two would they achieve the best that they want and that's what the went for.
____

"Synergy in Visual effects and Animations... there must be synergy.
If there is no synergy, there will be no control.
If there is no control, there will be disorder.
If there is disorder, there will be chaos."
---borrowed from Dominic Cooper as Uday Saddam Hussein (The Devil's Double, 2011)
Re: Synergy In 3D Animations. What Does It Mean? How Does It Work? by reidkrugger(m): 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2014
prof800:
Nice article.

Over a hundred CG artists (animators, riggers, modellers etc) were involved in making "The Croods" --- now that's what I call synergy.

Three separate companies (Industrial Lights and magic, The Orphanage, and The Embassy) were involved in the Visual effects of "Iron Man" --- that's also what I call synergy. Not that I.L.M couldn't have handled the whole thing but they needed the best, and only when they work synergistic-ally with the other two would they achieve the best that they want and that's what the went for.

@Prof, you indeed are following. And to make matters worse, all these guys are pros not learners. In our case, here in Nigeria, the results may defer as a lot of us don't even know how to animate at all which makes it more of " Placing the Cart before the Horse" instead of the other way around.
Re: Synergy In 3D Animations. What Does It Mean? How Does It Work? by tyrex(m): 2:36am On Dec 16, 2014
Take a look at this

https://www.nairaland.com/2046472/get-free-portrait-yourself

Check me on www.instagram.com/asimeta or simply follow @asimeta for more details

(1) (Reply)

Where To Get Nikon D3100(Solved) / Photoshop Expert Needed For Daily Photo Edit And Effects;.....online-job... / A Nairalander Needs Your Vote In The On Going Etisalat Photo Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.