Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,611 members, 7,801,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards (4091 Views)

Psquare - Bring It On (Official Video) Ft. Dave Scott / Album Review: Psquare Double Trouble. / Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by Baro(m): 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2008
They came on stage to pick their award for Best Duo Category which should naturally make them happy, but looking at the twin; from their demeanour to their uterrances, you could see that they were visibly unhappy and dull. I guess they thought they deserved more than just an award considering the global success of their album: Game Over.

One of the duo said something like this:

Sometimes many things happen, this is Nigeria, and in Awards anything can happen

My personal opinion is that inasmuchas i dont think the MAMA's was won on merit, i think Psquare should grow up; work on their temperament and learn to overlook some stuffs instead of crying blue murder all the time. Remember Hiphopworld Awards

AWARDS WOULD ALWAYS BE AWARDS; PSQUARE GROW UPcool
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by bigano(m): 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2008
i think they should go to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
after all lil wyane didnt win the american music award for best rap artiste, instead kanye west won it
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by YourFather: 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2008
I fail to understand how as educated people, we can advocate for anything but "just". Psqaure deserved more, plain and simply and if that was the only thing said, they have actually held a lot back. What chance as the new comer with out backing got of succeding when people in the know don't speakout against the unjust. The MAMA's list of winners was a joke, and it is a shame because it didn't need to be.

The funny thing is when you actually consider that MTV is a channel based on music videos, of which psquared have contributed 5 in the past 12months, you got to ask, what kind of short sighted mf-s were behind the winner selection.

We all need to grow up and realise that a just society is not just going to fall on our lap, we have to fight for it.
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by Bamsyle(m): 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2008
P-Queer grow up tongue
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by YourFather: 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2008
calling them Queer is really grown up!
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by Bamsyle(m): 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2008
Yes na tongue
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by tosinadeda: 7:35pm On Dec 05, 2008
Is it the same awards we av finishd in nairaland?
Every1 knows it was a fraud!

@baro
u said they discredited d awards!
That statement u quoted dsnt discredit anytn!
U shld be mindful of wut u say and post.
Those guys avnt done anytn,so free them!
No dey lie cos u wan open thread!
And trust d bandwagon of morons also yabbing them already!
Nonsense
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by scottN(m): 7:44pm On Dec 05, 2008
P Square again! Fine they r a good duo and I like 'em but u can't win it all d time. They should concentrate on getting better at what they do.Besides we all know that awards doesn't rep every interest but that's d way it goes. So cheer up P Square and LIVE UR LIFE!
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by Baro(m): 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2008
tosinadeda:

@baro
U shld be mindful of what u say and post.
No dey lie because u wan open thread!
Nonsense

Go and watch the Awards attentively and you will see what i am talking about.

Seriously please watch your words; dont dare me i beg you
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by unix4real1(m): 10:39pm On Dec 05, 2008
This dangerous twins again undecided e be like say the money no be their problem again, na award dem wan dey fight for this time dem deserve more than one award sha because when it comes to video,na dem be first.

Lets face reality, Award is s**t in nigeria, they only give awards to their favourite artistes which i think is bad angry
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by tosinadeda: 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2008
See baro me no dey talk kurukere,i dey talk my own talk straight!
U cnt just come to ur own conclusion based on wut u saw!
Thats wut am saying!
They never discredited the awards in any way!
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by Baro(m): 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2008
Am not against you expressing your view, i only asked you to mind your diction, simple
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by tosinadeda: 11:00pm On Dec 05, 2008
Av made y point
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by EeCee: 11:52pm On Dec 05, 2008
i guess everyone has a right to be heard and if our own P.suare felt cheated &chose to go about it the way they did,then so be it.U guys should free them o,those guys are good&deserve to be encouraged.
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by otoidea(m): 12:43am On Dec 06, 2008
i sure remember hip hop world awards. the expressions on their faces, i felt 4 them embarassed grin
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by CGutta(m): 12:46am On Dec 06, 2008
Bamsyle:

P-Queer grow up tongue
LMAO grin grin grin Now that's sum funny shit right there. . .

Baro:

Am not against you expressing your view, i only asked you to mind your diction, simple

Dude! Why even bother! It's clear that tosin can not read. .

Baro CLEARLY SAID TO MY OPINION Now if that's his opinion how can u go against it? If BARO thinks P Square shud grow up, then they shud grow up! Abi man pikkin no fit express their opinions anymore? Because tosin is in da building! What a gay!!

P Square needz 2 step they game up coz many upcoming artist finnuh take they spot! 4real! insteaduh whining!!!
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by debojyde(m): 1:29am On Dec 06, 2008
They have the best naija music video i,ve ever seen.
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by shakamc(m): 2:52am On Dec 06, 2008
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by tosinadeda: 6:08am On Dec 06, 2008
@c_gutta
u keep getn dumber by d day!
Wuts my biz with his opinion?
Am talkn about what he posted before his comment!
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by CGutta(m): 11:01am On Dec 06, 2008
here we go again. . .
tosinadeda:

Is it the same awards we av finishd in nairaland?
everyone knows it was a fraud!

@baro
U shld be mindful of what u say and post.
No dey lie because u wan open thread!
Nonsense

As in his stmt that he QUOTED. . . Well he explained that it was his opinion! As in, In his opinion, based on that QUOTE, he thought they needed to GROW UP!! Dude! It's official! U Childish. . . U juss deh talk juss 2 deh talk! Orishirishi. . . grin
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by tosinadeda: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2008
ode ni e olorun, u be foool i swear
do u quote ur own statement or sum1 elses statement?
ode oshi angry
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by princesa(f): 11:38am On Dec 06, 2008
p-square have no right to be annoyed[i] that is if the were[/i] undecided
how many awrd do they want
all the awards them don dey collect since, aint enough for them
besides it just MTV one award out of many to come
what of others who dint carry a thing home, are they dead, are they nt on with their life? angry

Abeg make we yarn better jo angry

Eat alone and die alone grin
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by santavista: 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2008
I saw d awards.
P Square shouldnt have murmured not to talk of openly making that statement irrespective of the fraud perceived or the level of sham associated with the award.
Asa didnt win. But that didnt adversely affect her performance. Her act was the best for me for the nyt.
They need to be very careful and be more composed.
What was all the crap about clapping for Peter's son?
Nonsense.

Big ups to the koko master anyday.
Amiable, friendly, humble, active and sounds intelligent.

They should take a queue
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by princesa(f): 12:13pm On Dec 06, 2008
santavista:

I saw d awards.
P Square shouldnt have murmured not to talk of openly making that statement irrespective of the fraud perceived or the level of sham associated with the award.
Asa didnt win. But that didnt adversely affect her performance. Her act was the best for me for the nyt.
They need to be very careful and be more composed.
What was all the crap about clapping for Peter's son?
Nonsense.

Big ups to the koko master anyday.
Amiable, friendly, humble, active and sounds intelligent.

They should take a queue
yeah, what is the deal about clapping for his son angry
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by tosinadeda: 12:17pm On Dec 06, 2008
beeeeeeeef angry
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by tosinadeda: 12:18pm On Dec 06, 2008
you can thank who u so wish to after winning a fuckn award!!!
got a freaking prob wiv that
get that into ur head lipsrsealed
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by princesa(f): 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2008
just like u wuld thank your son after an award right? Mr. Fijabi angry
senselessity undecided
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by ajayi1(m): 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2008
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 06, 2008
Psquare, not again jor
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by princesa(f): 1:52pm On Dec 06, 2008
ibk
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by tosinadeda: 2:06pm On Dec 06, 2008
Princessa ure free to say thnk u 2 any one if u so desire!
U got a prob with dat? Or u jst plain dumb?
Re: Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards by princesa(f): 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2008
i guess am just plain dumb undecided
to the senselessity of you and your square bros angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naija Music Has Come A Long Way (Songs U Listened To When U Were Younger) / Flux Ft. Timaya - Shoe Get Size / Download Be Mine By M.I Ft. Wizkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.