Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing (11307 Views)

Lets Discuss Affilate Vs Adsense Which Pays / Blog Or Forum Which Pays Most / Web Designer Vs Web Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Joel3(m): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2014
so dhtml18 is now telling everyone that he has fed up with websigning.

I doubt If this guy is a real programmer. What a dump thread.

Web design is a professional curse while cloth selling is market trader job. Comparing the two is a useless idea. If you want to sell cloth its a personal choice you have to make on your own not putting them in the same class or field. Its a laughable statement a webmaster is talking about cloth selling.

Web designing can be frustrating when you are not getting enough jobs to cater for your need so do whatever you like but not comparing them interns of anything..

But well sorry bro in IM voice. Money slow to enter .
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by olyivy(f): 10:22am On Dec 16, 2014
Joel3:

Web design is a professional curse while cloth selling is market trader job. Comparing the two is a useless idea. If you want to sell cloth its a personal choice you have to make on your own not putting them in the same class or field. Its a laughable statement a webmaster is talking about cloth selling.

Web designing can be frustrating when you are not getting enough jobs to cater for your need so do whatever you like but not comparing them interns of anything..

Your grammar is abominable! grin

1 Like

Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Joel3(m): 10:25am On Dec 16, 2014
olyivy:

your father.

1 Like

Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 16, 2014
What is the Difference between Wordpress site and coding? Which one is better?
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by adewasco2k(m): 11:01am On Dec 16, 2014
Joel3:

Gibberish.

The OP didn't state he was tired of coding or not getting a job.

This is a healthy comparism......so if I compare how much a truck driver makes a month with that of a web designer means I am not a good web designer?

This are just random thoughts

To me selling cloth is more lucrative cheesy I have a friend who has a boutique selling female clothing's, he has a good car and has built a house in just 3 years, how many web designers can do that in 3 years, its possible but easier for a cloth seller cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 16, 2014
Interesting. . . .maybe i shall retire to a boutique in my old age.
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by omoelu1(m): 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2014
Joel3:

I doubt If this guy is a real programmer. What a dump dumb thread.

Web design is a professional curse course while cloth selling is market trader job. Comparing the two is a useless idea. If you want to sell cloth its it is a personal choice you have to make on your own not putting them in the same class or field. Its a laughable statement a webmaster is talking about cloth selling.

Web designing can be frustrating when you are not getting enough jobs to cater for your need so do whatever you like but not comparing them interns in terms of anything..

thanks sire
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by larryozomah(m): 6:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
olyivy:

Thank you so much.....God wtf was he saying
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
larryozomah:

Thank you so much.....God wtf was he saying
I think the real question is - what was he trying to say? Here in france, we call his language singlishinese (neither English nor chinese that is)
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by cbrass(m): 10:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
Joel3 took it easy nw you doesnt have too attack dhtml18 like that, grin
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Nobody: 3:52am On Dec 17, 2014
Is not the first time he will attack me without good cause (i have gotten used to it kind of). I think he is just jealous i make frontpage yet again. It is not my fault bro, if i want to hit FP, i know just what topic to give my post that will cause that to happen.
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by larryozomah(m): 10:39am On Dec 17, 2014
dhtml18:

I think the real question is - what was he trying to say? Here in france, we call his language singlishinese (neither English nor chinese that is)

Lmao.....Here in south korea, we already deleted that word from our national dictionary grin grin
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Sibrah: 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
tebirim:
Selling cloths asin hawking?
You must be one of the 7000 a site people.
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
Sibrah:
You must be one of the 7000 a site people.
Kai! why you take finish am like that nau?
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Karles(m): 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
I just couldn't help laughing at all the comments. It has been simply hilarious reading your suggestions, questions, criticisms, antagonisms and any other 'isms' you guys have been dishing out here.

To tell you the truth, you make more where your passions and callings lie in. If you are called to selling clothes, you would excel or if you are passionate about web design you would excel as well. I am more into front end web development as a self employed free lancer which means i use HTML5, CSS3, JS, JQUERY libraries or any appropriate libraries as well as their plugins. I also do use Content Management Systems of which i now seem to love Wordpress. Another thing is that i do go to envato to buy wordpress themes, plugins and i also use web templates often to cut production time.

Now, here is the thing. Let me help you here. For every web design project you consider the following:

The purpose of the website
The domain name to be used
The hosting that would be used
Is it going to be custom design, wordpress theme or web template
If you need web applications to achieve specific purposes, is it going to be a jquery and/or wordpress plugin or server side coding from a developer who you would pay.
How would you ensure that you market the website online via search engines and many other factors that would come into play as the project unfolds.

Now what you don't see is that for every web design client you get you will definitely have some residual income if you are smart. Here is how it works.

You go for a Domain Reseller account where domain names are sold at discounted prices e.g. .com going for $6 while you can sell for
$9 per year. Of course you may convert it to naira. Just load bulk amounts say like $200 into the account.

You then go for a reseller hosting account, it may just be only for your web design clients. Some go for about $30 a month for shared hosting.

You could also resell SSL certificates for secure pages on the site to the client.

What you do is this. After you get to know what the clients business is all about and his business model. You go home and plan how a website could meet this need, now don't forget that websites are just a fraction of a whole concept known as online marketing which involves building mailing lists for email marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimization/marketing e.t.c. Later you may go on and build a proposal first. As you progress your quote would look something like this:

Domain Name for a year 2,500
Web Hosting (12 months) 24,000
SSL certificate 1800
Copywriting (based on what the person who handles it charged)
Payment gateway integration etc

If the client doesn't mind you hosting his website then you have a residual income of hosting and domain name to rely on. This means that if you generate 40 web design clients this year and you provide them with consulting, hosting, domain name registration. Using the example above, you would get the following from each client about 29,000 naira each. Do the math. 29,000 by 40. Of course they would be spaced across the 12 months.

As you partner with other developers, graphic designers, coders, copywriters, you would find where to outsource different aspects of the work.

Now that is for web design/development services.

As for the selling of clothes in Lagos... em em em urghhh, ummm, maybe, wellllll, just might, you see....... Can someone help me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Danyl(m): 9:20am On Apr 22, 2015
Fresia01:
here in abj.. web designing is a lucrative business
that must be in the main town though...
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Danyl(m): 9:21am On Apr 22, 2015
Fresia01:
here in abj.. web designing is a lucrative business
that must be in the main town though...not in places like kwali

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Difference Between Dynamic Ip And Static Ip / Website Designing Trends You Should Not Ignore In 2019 / 7 Mistakes Bloggers Make That Defame Their Blogs By Mediapace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.