Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,640 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? (23758 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by gbaskiboy: 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
hian, women abeg make una park well
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
angry
What's wrong with her
U better run

1 Like

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by hensben(m): 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
observing from corner....
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by ruuudboy: 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
alutacontinua:
You need a separation from that woman.

1. That woman fit hit you with stick or land table or bottle on your head one day.
2. When a woman raises her hand to slap a man, all atom-and I mean every single grain of respect is gone in that marriage. My people call it 'see finish', and you ain't getting that respect back anytime soon.
3. The fact that this is her second time means she'll most likely keep doing it till Jesus comes.
This is one situation where I'll say you probably need to send her back to her father for some retraining (like coogar will say) undecided

separation? shocked....never thought of dat cos to me, marriage is not a boyfriend /girlfriend relationship.
what will the nxt person do if i divorce her and marry another woman?

13 Likes

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by sexybash(f): 7:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
If I were you
After a week that she has forgotten
I will tell her let's travel to see her parents
As we reach I will just tell her parents to read train her
Before she would say jack another woman has moved in no time for radarada grin

Even in marriage there are boundaries you should not cross

Most people forget to set those boundaries

If na me by this morning dem go think say na train jam her
Rubbish

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by tayork(m): 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
Thank God for your life because you have a cool spirit but sometimes women do take the advantage over man, like slapping u,she dares not when she knows the man will react to that but I love the way you handled the situation because it would have been worst
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by funnyme(f): 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
satowind:
Pls like to wish me happy birthday

Happy birth day, increase on every side I pray! Amen .
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
ruuudboy:

separation? shocked....never thought of dat cos to me, marriage is not a boyfriend /girlfriend relationship.
what will the nxt person do if i divorce her and marry another woman?

I did not say divorce. I said SEPARATION.
Truth is there will be no next person after she lands bottle on your head and kill you, will there?

You need to show this woman some tough love, man! No offence but your manhood has been thrown in the gutter, you need to get it back WITHOUT DIVORCING HER! Send her back to her father's house for 2 months!

Sagamite, shymexx, coogar, TV01 this is one situation where I wouldn't mind y'alls methods angry
what arrant nonsense! lipsrsealed

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by EfemenaXY: 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2014
ruuudboy:
We have always heard about husband abusing their wives. How is it always like, the other way round? I have never laid my hand on any lady before not to talk of my wife and i don't think i can do such.

As a husband how do you handle it if your wife lay her hand on you either by slapping,punching,biting or rough handling? As a wife, how did your husband handle the situation?

I have been married to my wife going to 4yrs now and yesterday was the second time we had misunderstanding that led to serious confrontation.....Initially when it all started around 9pm, i kept quiet and didnt respond to her ranting. When she realized i wasn't responding, she moved close to me, started punching me, bit me and somehow slapped me in the process with serious ranting "you'll kill me today."

I tried as much as not to retaliate and removed myself from her, ran to the visitors room and locked myself in there....she continued talking and started hitting the door with a stick, after which i realized that with the way things are going, neighbours on the next flat might want to come and asked what was wrong, which i do much detest.

I started begging her from inside after which she calmed down and i opened the door.....we talked it through till late in d night and settled our differences which she later apologised for raising her hand on me and promised never to do that again no matter what happened.

The issue now is, i put myself in another man's shoe that how do people handle things like this in marriage as a husband?

As a wife, how did your husband handle issues of misunderstanding? The first thing that came to my mind yesterday when she hit me was the word of my boss who always say, AT THE HIGHEST POINT OF PROVOCATION, ALWAYS EXERCISE CAUTION.

Married peeps, how do u handle this?

Bros you really tried.

That woman is crazy and needs a total brain reset. Just send her packing to her people. No need for excessive drama and whilst you're at it, let her know that you want a separation. The silly thing needs to understand what she's done is serious.

Violence in a marriage is an absolute no-no.

7 Likes

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by funnyme(f): 7:44pm On Dec 13, 2014
lilreese:
No women can abuse me, that why i'm a men.

You are men? How many of them biko? grin
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by Huzzie: 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
Sincerely, you handled it the right way.
Women generally like to be victims in whatever situation they find themselves to get sympathy from observers; this is actually inherent in them. My advise is always know when to avoid the cause of the confrontation; I am also struggling with this,though, my wife has never confronted me neither have I but I keep falling into her trap, hence, making her the victim.
Just keep praying for patience and calmness to handle such situation, "a strong man is one who knows when to walk out of an argument and apologize when wrong"-Huzzie

1 Like

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by adrainuche(m): 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
lilreese:
No women can abuse me, that why i'm a men.

My brother fear God

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by ruuudboy: 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
sexybash:
If I were you
After a week that she has forgotten
I will tell her let's travel to see her parents
As we reach I will just tell her parents to read train her
Before she would say jack another woman has moved in no time for radarada grin

Even in marriage there are boundaries you should not cross

Most people forget to set those boundaries

If na me by this morning dem go think say na train jam her
Rubbish

Even though i hardly discuss my marriage issue with people, i called her dad this afternoon to explain what happened. He was surprised and later talk to her including her mum

I know it could have been worse reporting her to my own parent
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by redcliff: 7:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
damiso:
What she did was soo wrong on all levels..well done for having the self restraint not to retaliate and being the bigger person.

I think you need to have a heart to heart Frank Mature Firm Talk with her.Tell her you will not tolerate assault from her and let her know you mean it.

You have to nip that kind of behaviour in the bud ASAP. Is this the first time she has reacted in such a manner?

***Modified*** just read you have been married for 4 yrs and this is the second time.

Let her know if it EVER EVER happens again you are gone.

Gone to where?
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by Kirinwa: 7:49pm On Dec 13, 2014
Op you didn't stand up to her nonsense but rather locked yourself inside the room? Jeez. grin

She still banged on the door probably to finish you off.
Is it obvious some nuts were loose

You had to beg? embarassed

6 Likes

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by damiso(f): 7:52pm On Dec 13, 2014
redcliff:

Gone to where?

Getting a separation. I am not a fan of threatening your spouse with divorce or separation but sometimes it is inevitable.

Good that you reported her to her family and not yours.
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by ruuudboy: 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2014
Kirinwa:
Op you didn't stand up to her nonsense but rather locked yourself inside the room? Jeez. grin

She still banged on the door probably to finish you off.
Is it obvious some nuts were loose

You had to beg? embarassed

That was the only option cos are action will definitely lead to embarrassment if i didnt do dat. We have been staying on my estate over a year, have never heard of husband and wife fighting with neighbours separating them.so, mine shouldnt be the first in the neighborhood

12 Likes

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by BE811APP: 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2014
First tell me the crime u committed first b4 ur wife will act like that...

For u to run to another room... U must have fvcked up... U slept with someone abi

Nonetheless, I bilv u got wat u deserved..
My wife won't slap me..

1 Like

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by emistephen: 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2014
When the foundation is weak, the building suffers structural defects. Though you did not state the misunderstanding. I suppose she must have been seriously offended by you, it is however not justified to react in such a manner. In any marriage misunderstanding must surely abound. Being married for four years, calls for some level of maturity from both husband and wife when a misunderstanding ensue. Both of you should seek couselling.

2 Likes

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by hensben(m): 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
i smell something from comments here...you know urself grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by lilmax(m): 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
As the spirit leads, I can't say for now
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by ruuudboy: 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
BE811APP:
First tell me the crime u committed first b4 ur wife will act like that...

For u to run to another room... U must have fvcked up... U slept with someone abi

Nonetheless, I bilv u got wat u deserved..
My wife won't slap me..

slept with someone ke? Nah........Everly faithful to my wife
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by Opiosko: 7:56pm On Dec 13, 2014
ruuudboy:
We have always heard about husband abusing their wives. How is it always like, the other way round? I have never laid my hand on any lady before not to talk of my wife and i don't think i can do such.

As a husband how do you handle it if your wife lay her hand on you either by slapping,punching,biting or rough handling? As a wife, how did your husband handle the situation?

I have been married to my wife going to 4yrs now and yesterday was the second time we had misunderstanding that led to serious confrontation.....Initially when it all started around 9pm, i kept quiet and didnt respond to her ranting. When she realized i wasn't responding, she moved close to me, started punching me, bit me and somehow slapped me in the process with serious ranting "you'll kill me today."

I tried as much as not to retaliate and removed myself from her, ran to the visitors room and locked myself in there....she continued talking and started hitting the door with a stick, after which i realized that with the way things are going, neighbours on the next flat might want to come and asked what was wrong, which i do much detest.

I started begging her from inside after which she calmed down and i opened the door.....we talked it through till late in d night and settled our differences which she later apologised for raising her hand on me and promised never to do that again no matter what happened.

The issue now is, i put myself in another man's shoe that how do people handle things like this in marriage as a husband?

As a wife, how did your husband handle issues of misunderstanding? The first thing that came to my mind yesterday when she hit me was the word of my boss who always say, AT THE HIGHEST POINT OF PROVOCATION, ALWAYS EXERCISE CAUTION.

Respect bro! My girl did same thing whn we were dating and i can tell it's so annoying seeing ur woman take advantage of ur 'gentleman gesture' to act the tough woman... In my own case, i was forced to hit her and threaten her with severe beating which worked.... We stayed up all night talking abt it and she apologised tearfully. I don't think such a thing will happen again (not cos of fear of beating), but cos of the talk we had later. She now understand that i can't beat her, and she has a boundary that can't be crossed without consequencies.

9 Likes

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by passionate88: 7:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
damiso:
What she did was soo wrong on all levels..well done for having the self restraint not to retaliate and being the bigger person.

I think you need to have a heart to heart Frank Mature Firm Talk with her.Tell her you will not tolerate assault from her and let her know you mean it.

You have to nip that kind of behaviour in the bud ASAP. Is this the first time she has reacted in such a manner?

***Modified*** just read you have been married for 4 yrs and this is the second time.

Let her know if it EVER EVER happens again you are gone.
You no ask am wetin him do wey make him wife react like that?.
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by satowind(m): 7:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
funnyme:

Happy birth day, increase on every side I pray! Amen .
Thanks sweet
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by damiso(f): 7:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
passionate88:

Nothing justifies assault...

4 Likes

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by blakky97(m): 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2014
ruuudboy:

if my wife can do that and I didnt know before marrying her, then im blame worthy. as a human with intellect. I should know certain hidden aspects of my companion

1 Like

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by sordique81(m): 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2014
oops! That will be an opportunity for me to practicalise the combunations i have learnt in my boxing class. I go beat her blue n black, n den send her back home to her parents for RETRAINING!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by zeb04(f): 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2014
Op don't listen to any of the advice here esp from the women.

Divorce/Seperation because the woman was banging on his door?
Didn't Op say he has settled with his wife and she promised not to repeat that again.
You all giving such advice are sick in the brain.

Since when did marriage become childplay.
Nansense.

8 Likes

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by raumdeuter: 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2014
passionate88:

Is there any reason good enough to beat your spouse?

I thought the mantra there's no excuse to hit a woman doesnt this apply to men also?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by fhemyxXx(m): 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2014
How we wan know say you know retaliate No be wetin you tell us we go believe,abeg call your wife to post her own story,there are two sides to a story :-D

1 Like

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by passionate88: 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2014
gurunlocker:

you're a MEN..... WTF was that

God punish your English teacher
Wetin concern him English teacher?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I need your financial help to pay my school fees. please / Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter / 2 Siblings Burnt To Death In Jesse Down In Delta Today(graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.