Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. (45611 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 21, 2014
#Emirate0

How could chioma do this to me??
I went totally beserk.
Chioma has bitten the fingers that fed her.
Imagine!
I was stupified and bereft of words.
If my biological sister could have the conscience to do this to me,only heaven knows what my supposed girl friends would do.
I was boiling in rage,i felt like punching anyone that come within distance,my palms curled in a tight fist,beads of perspiration rolled down my forehead.
My phone beeped.
I feared the worst,what if chioma had fishingly gotten the password of my business zenith account.

The message was from chioma(not my sister)
pls snd me credit.....she had sent.
I grimaced..credit kee debit ni.
Do I look like central bank
Imagine!
With the anger boiling within me i sent her my reply,it went thus:
nne pls snd me credit,even if it is 50 naira transfer it will be enof.

What i did,was it wrong??
Men arent mean to be loosers naa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by drfunso1(m): 9:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
Still following but the update is 2 short
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by eunisam: 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2014
the alart sms and send me credit got me messed.two of una dey kolo especial 50naira out of 40k she widrew.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 23, 2014
#eunisam

the chioma dat duped me is my sister.
While d one dat said i should send her credit is ogechi's friend,the one I gave asha205 nokia phone
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by eunisam: 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
Moooooorrrrrrrr
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
I waited and waited but she didnt reply my message,i was about laughing out loud when my phone ranged.
It was from ogechi,I emmited a long hiss.
''hellow emmy good afternoon''she greeted in that angellic voice of hers.
I gulped ''afternoon oge,how far?''
''am not fine,i have been sick thats why i havent been attending meetings and studies,all these while you didnt call me for once,its unfiar oo''she remarked.
''am really sorry oge''I apologised,also wondering why she called me.
''never mind,thats past tense now,how business?''
''fine,i thank Jah''I replied.
''yes oo,that reminds me,chioma showed me the phone you gave her and I called to say thank you,you have done well for her''
''it is..is my pleasure''I stammered,already regretting why I gave chioma the phone.
Ogechi sighed ''but isnt it too early? You made it seem as if you could go extra miles for her,remember you dont know much about her''she remarked.
''yes,but what i know about her is enough,moreover am old enough to spend on any lady of my choice''I snapped,feeling irritated.
''haa...I see,am sorry for raising up the issue,anyway what of chioma your sister?''
my heartbeat paused....
''dont you have her number,why not call her''i retorted.
''her number isnt available,i lent her some money and she promised to pay me yesterday,i have been trying her line but it isnt reachable''
''are you telling me my sister borrowed money from you? Money for what?''I asked sheepishly,confused.
''she didnt tell,she just said she needed the money badly and she would pay me as soon as she got what she is in pursuit of''
''mmm,like how much did you lend her?''
''twenty thousand naira''
twenty gini
''wait ogechi,are you telling me you gave my sister twenty thousand naira,and you didnt ask her what she needed it for?'' I asked,stupified.
''I asked but she said it is meant to be a surprise,hope all is well at home?''she asked after a momentary pause.
''yes''
''please help me talk to her, i took that money from my employer's drawer and soon they will be cominq to cross check the sales account''
''okay i will try my best''I mumbled and disconnected the call.
I felt tired all of a sudden.
Apart from ogechi and I,who next had she duped.
I pray we are the only two mugus.

The day sped fast and soon it was dusk,i was about leaving my shop when chuka called me and told me to come over at cypo bar&restaurant that he was celebratinq somethinq.
''what are you celebrating?''i asked.
''just come..''he replied,his voice sounde excited and i was eager to know what the excitement was all about.
Before one could say peterpan i had arrived at the bar and located chuka with some group of youngmen which i was friendly with.
After the handshakes and greetings,I pulled him aside.
''what is this all about?''I asked.
''man today is my birthday,i know if i had told you,you wouldnt have come''he replied.
I stood,shocked.
''so this is a birthday party? Please count me out''
''haba..whats so bad about celebrating one's added year?'' he asked.
I shrugged ''well nothing may be bad about it but the two birthday parties mentioned in the bible ended badly,one-job's son birthday.two-herod's birthday and the bible never gave an account of God's people throwing birthday parties''
''and so? Please stop this your jehovah withness stuff,lets have fun''chuka argued.
The place stanked so much of alcohol and sin,not a fitful place for a withness to be,i was about storming out of the place when i bumped into chioma and stanley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by MightyFortress: 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
Nice story, OP.. More inspirations to ur pen.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 4:39am On Dec 24, 2014
MightyFortress:
Nice story, OP.. More inspirations to ur pen.

thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Onemansquad(m): 7:14am On Dec 24, 2014
9c #stil i folow
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 24, 2014
Please viewers,dont read only..
I need your comments,likes and shares....
I also need your corrections because i know am not perfect.
I need encouragements too.
please my silent viewers

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Joshchi(m): 8:05pm On Dec 24, 2014
Wonderful story u have here. Though the update nawa oo
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by kingphilip(m): 2:21am On Dec 25, 2014
tempem:
Childish act..... Better get yourself some work to do.
Do "f" gender bears Emeka?
Or your are just hating on JW's.
this might be a work of fiction or beta still narrating another person's story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 25, 2014
Joshchi:
Wonderful story u have here. Though the update nawa oo

yeah,i promise to make ammendments
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 25, 2014
#kingphilip.

It seemed as if everything came to an abrupt halt,the hairs at the back of my neck stood,I have read so many books where the writers describe something like this scene but it hadnt prepared me for this.
Chioma withdrew a step,with her mouth shaped like a wide circle,I darted my eyes at her companion,who was dressed in red Tshirt over khaki chinos trouser.
Many questions popped in my brain.
Questions like 'are you bewitched?'
'apart from I and ogechi who else did you dupe?'
'are you crazy?'
but instead when i opened my mouth,the words refused to come out.
''chioma why did you withdraw money from my account?''I found myself asking instead.
She let out a sharp gust of air.
''Excuse Us please,we dont know who you are''stanley drawled and grabbed chioma's right hand.
''stop it,leave my sister alone'' I ordered,obstructing the entrance door.
A waiter came hurrying to Us.
''please whats the problem here?'' he asked.
''does this boy work here?''stanley asked,authoritatively.
''no he doesnt''the waiter replied,shaking his head.
''then tell him to get out of my way before I kick his ass''
''whose ass?''i queried,from the corner of my eyes I noticed chuka and his friends approaching Us.
''yours of course''stanley snapped.
I smiled ''you are going nowhere with my sister,Enough of you and your charms''I yelled.
''sister?''the waiter echoed
''dont mind the dumb ass,he is drunk so he doesnt know who his sister is again,this is my wife,do I need to prove it to you? Check the ring in her fourth finger''
I followed the waiters gaze to chioma's left hand,the glittering emerald ring was visible.
''youngman,even the bible said that what God has joined together let no man put assunder''the waiter remarked.
I gulped just as chuka pulled me aside and I hurriedly explianed everything to him.
''we go treat him Bleep up''he assured me.
''how and where?''I asked,confused.my eyes were glued to thier table,the scene earlier had ruffled chioma's calm exterior,she was uncomfortable and kept darting her eyes at where i stood with chuka and the boys.
''just trust me''
''please i dont want to ruin your birthday party,lemme start going''i remarked
''go where?just take a glass of legend beer and be in the spirit with Us,we go treat him Bleep up''he retorted,leading me to the table which was crowded to the brim with bottles.

by the time I home,it was some minutes past eight oclock,I could barely stand on my feets,I got to my room and collapsed on the bed.
My head ached.
I closed my eyes briefly and i didnt open it again.

A loud knock woked me up the next morning,i yawned and made to sit up but my feets were entangled in the bedsheets.
What happened yesterday? I found myself asking just as I limped to the door.
''Emmy what happened yesterday?''was the first thing mama asked me when I unbolted the door.
''nothing''
''dont nothing me,there are policemen in the living room waiting to arrest you''
my knees sagged, yesterday's event came flooding into my brain.
the punctured tyre-the beating-the petty robbery-the triumphant party at chuka's place-staggering home-falling on my bed-sweet sleep.
I sighed ''mama,you wouldnt understand'' I remarked and stepped back into my room.
I sanked on the bed,feeling confused and trapped.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 25, 2014
#xmas bonus

just as I was led out of the room by the two policemen I noticed papa was nowhere to be seen in the living room.
''Nnam what happened?''mama kept asking,lingering behind.
''mama it is okay,just call chuka my friend,talk to him''I said as I stepped out of the house.
I felt like a criminal as I was led to the black pick up van,all eyes were on me as I sat down between the two policemen.
God is this happening to me??
I kept asking

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by aprilwise(m): 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
U didn't tell us what happened in d bar with u nd your sister
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by kingphilip(m): 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2014
Tnx for d dedication
n please a lengthy updates will help

nice updates
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Costlybabe: 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
Let this not happened to any of us,this Xmas ooo
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
aprilwise:
U didn't tell us what happened in d bar with u nd your sister

i will get to dat soon....sit tight
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
Costlybabe:
Let this not happened to any of us,this Xmas ooo

lol...........it wouldnt ooo.
I dont pray for that for any of my friends ooo.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by tempem: 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2014
kingphilip:

this might be a work of fiction or beta still narrating another person's story
Thanx..... But I'd love to be spoonfeed.
Explain to me better, please.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
tempem:

Thanx..... But I'd love to be spoonfeed.
Explain to me better, please.

just as kingphilip said this might be a fiction or someones life experience.
Simply..........this novel is a true life story..
And am not hating on JW's...
I strongly stand by them
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2014
kingphilip:
Tnx for d dedication
n please a lengthy updates will help
nice updates

i will try...
Enjoy ur xmas dear.
Will be updating in full-full from 26th.
Body no be firewood,man must rest.
At least a bottle of origin is enough.
Lmoa
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by tempem: 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2014
Chinweblinkz:

just as kingphilip said this might be a fiction or someones life experience.
Simply..........this novel is a true life story..
And am not hating on JW's...
I strongly stand by them
Thanx, I really appreciate.
Carry on.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by OmolodMilkman93(m): 6:27pm On Dec 25, 2014
Well, well,.... I do not know what to say,... This title,......
But
Nice story by the way. Lets see how this turns out. Keep it UP
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by VigorousV(f): 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
lovely story..plz next update
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 3:21am On Dec 28, 2014
The detention cell was filled to the brim,we were packed in like fishes inside sardine tins.
Petty thieves-cannabis smokers-touts-and first time offenders like me.
Immediately I had arrived,my name was written down on a log book,my wristwatch was collected and I was stripped down and left with my butterfly patterned boxer.
One of the police men that brought me along shoved me to the cell.
''shouldnt i be allowed to make a statement?''I kept asking.
''state wetin''the man asked,his protund cheeks bulged as he spoked,the tribal marks on his face gave him the image of an under paid ijaw man with many mouths to carter for.
It was people of his likes that descends so low as to collect twenty naira for bribe-I mused.
''wetin dey amuse you?''he snapped,noticing the grin plastered on my face.
''E be like say because you never sleep for prison before you think say na the same thing with your yeye house....o boy mosquito go use you do nkwobi..'' he retorted just as he unlocked the cell and pushed me Inside.
The odour of bad breath and sweat hit my nose as I shuffled for a squatting position in the semi-darkness.
I turned to look at the faces near me and I recoiled in horror,guys of my age now had white over night hairs on thier heads and jaws.
Will this also happen to me
My mind was in turmoil,I cursed my self for allowing chuka to mislead me.
Those things I did last night was Unbecoming of a staunch withness.
If the Elders in our congregration heard about my misdemeanour they wouldnt hestitate to show me the red card.
I felt like a fool at forty....
After all this years of peace living i would now be seen as a trouble maker.
Chuka...
Chuka.....
I remembered what my father always said 'if a goat that doesnt eat yam start going out with a goat that eats yam,it would soon start eating yam''
simply put-bad association corrupts good manners.

I remembered the smug smile on my face as we steathingly deflated the rear tyres of stanley's honda accord-the smug smile on my face as we beat him black and blue with our belts while chioma wept-the smug smile on my face as I dranked and danced to the sound of pop pop pop champagne blaring out from chuka's audio player.
I am finished;(
what will become of my fate in our congregration.
How will I be regarded??
Will I be seen as that young brother who has love for the work of Jehovah.
OR
the black sheep (nwa-mmefu).
These were the thoughts that cruised my mind as I moped like a lost monkey.
¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤
''Idiot...so you and your gang,robbed and beat my brother'' the man dressed in army uniform snarled.
I sat on the stool provided in the consulting room,staring at this huge giant of a man.
Stanley's brother
Am In for it....
''so tell me,who and who are among in the ambush?''
''it wasnt an ambush,i swear..''
''shut up,if it wasnt an ambush,what then was it,a party??''
I shooked my head ''please you have to listen to my own side of the story'' i pleaded.
''haa...story for the gods.okay tell me,what happened.be fast about it''he snapped.
I sniffed and started narrating yesterdays ordeal to him,midway into it,he slapped me.
''how dare you say my brothers wife is your sister''
''I swear...her name is chioma,she is my immediate elder sister''
''if she is your sister...why then did she insists that you and your cohorts should be arrested.why?''
she did

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by VigorousV(f): 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
Gbege!!
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 30, 2014
Mama came two days later to see me,I was brought out of the detention cell and led to the consulting room were she sat,hunched like an old tortoise.
''Emmy what have they done to you''she croakishly asked,I noticed the drop of tear below her lower eyelids.
''mama,nothing''I replied with a helpless sigh.
''they told me you dont want to mention the names of those with you when the incident occured''she said.
''mama,this has nothing to do with them''
''Emmy my son,you know an only palmnut never get lost in the fire,you are my only son,i dont know what to believe this days,They told me you robbed and beated a man''she paused to wipe the tears flowing down her eyes,In all my twenty four years I havent seen her so Emotional,mama was the type that never cried,when bad incidents occur she rather sniffed than cry.
''mama,the man I beated is stanley''
''who is stanley?''she asked.
I sighed and briefly narrated everything to her,by the time I was through,her mouth was opened in a wide circle.
''ARU....abomination! You mean chioma has a hand in your imprisonment and that she duped you?''
''yes mama,chioma your daughter''I replied sourly.
''that reminds me,did you call chuka like I said?'' i swiftly changed the topic.
''yes I did,he promised to come at the house but I didnt see him,i went over to his place only to be told that he travelled''
travelled
My shoulders sanked
i am now the scape goat,others had fled,leaving me to my plight.
''he was among..infact he was the one that planned everything'' I mumbled,feeling dejected.

Ogechi came to see me the next day,she brought fruits and jollof rice in a foodflask,I was surprised to see her,Infact when I had been told that I had a female visitor I had assumed it was chioma my sister,coming to apologise and plead for forgiveness.
''ogechi....''
she read the shock in my countenance and smiled quickly.
''I went to the house yesterday and mama told me everything''she remarked as I lowered my bulk on the bench.
''who and who knows now?''I asked,my face a mask of worry.
''mama confided in me,am sure am the only one she told,so how are you doing?''
I shrugged ''fine as you can see,I am tired of this place,my prayer everyday is that this people should pardon and grant me bail'' i replied with a helpless sigh.
''it is well dear,jehovah works in mighty ways......I brought something for you'' she quietly opened the shopping bag and brought out the foodflask,a bunch of bananas,oranges and watermelon.
My eyes were enveloped in tears of gratitude.
''thanks so much''
''it is nothing,what troubles you,keeps me sleepless''
''I dont know you could go to this length for someone who has treated you ill off lately''I mumbled.
''haa,dont speak like that,I understand everything dear,just eat''she retortrd.
And I ate....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by MightyFortress: 10:45am On Jan 03, 2015
Come and continue oh... 3 days, no update...
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by drfunso1(m): 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
Please the update is taking too long. We need update 2Mao
Kudoos
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by obumsway(m): 9:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
pls we need updates !!!!!....... why is it taking too long nah ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Tenth Generation / Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees / Hearts and Hints Magazines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.