Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode (41152 Views)

The Questions Okonjo-Iweala Could Not Answer By Oshiomhole / Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode / Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Obaino2013(m): 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2014
Self-servicing sad
Wen will he cum? undecided
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by poundlander: 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2014
LIKE THIS COMMENT FOR BUHARI AND SHAME THE TANOIDS AND SATANS

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by ozo13(m): 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
grin grin foolish one.u no sabi all dis thing dat time before u follow dm form form APC.he even went as far as quoting 2001.so u wr not aware of all dis his quotes wn u joined d APC party.Mr fani u know bn in APC won't favour u.na y u run comot.I won't b surprised wn dey make u a minister under Jonathan
lalasticlala:
Permit me to share just one example of the expression of that soft spot in this contribution. On June 3, 2013, Thisday Newspaper’s lead story carried the following headline: ‘’The military offensive against Boko Haram is anti-North – General Muhammadu Buhari’.The story ran as follows:

‘’Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari has criticised the declaration of state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States and the subsequent military offensive against the Boko Haram Islamic sect. Buhari, who featured on the “Guest of the Week,” a Hausa programme of the Kaduna-based Liberty Radio, yesterday, said the Federal Government’s action was a gross injustice against the North. According to him, unlike the special treatment the Federal Government gave to the Niger Delta militants, the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished. He said he was not in support of the declaration of state of emergency in the three north-eastern states because President Goodluck Jonathan had failed from the outset in addressing the security situation in the country’’.
The implications of these comments, coming from a former Head of State, are obvious and self-evident.

Yet that same General Buhari who said these unacceptable things one year ago is now busy pontificating about his concerns for our nation. Many would argue that, that is pretty rich coming from him given his past comments about a ruthless group of terrorists who, more than any other, merit the award for the greatest ‘’troublers of our nation’’. Given this, I regard Buhari’s comments to The Nation Newspaper on July 22, 2014 as nothing but self-serving.

Of particular interest to me were the following words:

‘’Never before have I seen a Nigerian President declare war on his own country as we are seeing now’’. Really? Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that the war that President Goodluck Jonathan has declared was against terrorism and Boko Haram and not against the Nigerian people.

Questions begging for answers

Does General Buhari find it difficult to make a distinction between the jihadists and the Nigerian people?

Does he see them as being one and the same? Does he actually equate members of Jama’at ahl as-sunnah li-d-da’wa wa-l-jihad with the Nigerian people? Does he regard the military offensive against Boko Haram as being an offensive against OUR people?

Does he honestly believe that anytime thata Boko Haram terrorist is killed by our armed forces and security agencies or that his house is blown up, it is an attack on the Nigerian people or an assault on the North? Are those people that Boko Haram slaughtering, terrorising, abducting, pillaging, robbing and raping on a daily basis all over our country not the real Nigerians?

Does he honestly believe that Boko Haram is representative of the thinking of our people or even the majority of the people in the Muslim North?Is he still insisting on having another Muslim as his running mate in order to establish his strange dream of a Muslim/Muslim President and Vice President for our country or has he shelved that idea due to public resentment and outrage?

Does he have any empathy with the Christian community in northern Nigeria for the immense suffering, degradation, humiliation, contempt, shame, indignity, persecution and mass murder that they have been subjected to inthe North for the last 53 years and particularly in the last few years?

Does he still believe that ‘’Christians should not worry when Muslims chop off their own arms and hands in the name of Sharia because it is none of their business’’ as he said in 2001?

Does he still believe that Boko Haram members should be forgiven, granted amnesty, pampered, sent abroad to learn and given monthly allowances like the Niger Delta militants like he suggested in 2013?

If the truth must be told, the only thing thatis worse than Boko Haram are those in the Nigerian political class that secretly support and covertly assist them.

*Fani-Kayode was Minister of Aviation under the Obasanjo administration.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/questions-general-buhari-must-answer-fani-kayode/
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Waspy(m): 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
This space belongs to the CEO of NL
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by datola: 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2014
Fani Kayode- the devil's advocate?

1 Like

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by babaluckey: 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2014
Fine boy the game is about to begin where is my cellphone

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Rick9(m): 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
I made it at last
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by cashkid: 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
Please is there any sane person that will take this Faani Kayode of a thing serious? You people have started seeing the hand writing on the wall, hahahahahahahahahahahahh, all these cannot stop GMB, nigerians are wise, its too late for this!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by kingdavid2015: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2014
We need the wind of change
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by raumdeuter: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2014
Its like Bianca has been denying FFK attention lately. He sounds like a bitter ex

1 Like

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by samilo88(m): 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2014
Million dollar question

1 Like

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by GhaliNaaba(m): 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2014
Buhari will surely win this election with landslide.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by lulocx(m): 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2014
It is well I cover Nigeria with the blood of Jesus

1 Like

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by elopee3000(m): 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
All of them apc shit members don run now sad undecided
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by ba7man(m): 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
Nairaland rushing to put anti Buhari threads on frontpage is another sign of the growing desperation and frustration at his growing popularity. cheesy cheesy cheesy

They're panicky.

7 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Igrigrigun: 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
Imagine

Fani kayode trying to make sense?

Femi is doing all his best for self preservation. I applaud him.

2 years ago, he was facing a corruption charge but since he gave his life to Otueke Christ, all charges has been erased.

8 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by leokinguch(m): 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
Oya answer

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by koladebrainiac(m): 9:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
lalasticlala:
Permit me to share just one example of the expression of that soft spot in this contribution. On June 3, 2013, Thisday Newspaper’s lead story carried the following headline: ‘’The military offensive against Boko Haram is anti-North – General Muhammadu Buhari’.The story ran as follows:

‘’Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari has criticised the declaration of state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States and the subsequent military offensive against the Boko Haram Islamic sect. Buhari, who featured on the “Guest of the Week,” a Hausa programme of the Kaduna-based Liberty Radio, yesterday, said the Federal Government’s action was a gross injustice against the North. According to him, unlike the special treatment the Federal Government gave to the Niger Delta militants, the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished. He said he was not in support of the declaration of state of emergency in the three north-eastern states because President Goodluck Jonathan had failed from the outset in addressing the security situation in the country’’.
The implications of these comments, coming from a former Head of State, are obvious and self-evident.

Yet that same General Buhari who said these unacceptable things one year ago is now busy pontificating about his concerns for our nation. Many would argue that, that is pretty rich coming from him given his past comments about a ruthless group of terrorists who, more than any other, merit the award for the greatest ‘’troublers of our nation’’. Given this, I regard Buhari’s comments to The Nation Newspaper on July 22, 2014 as nothing but self-serving.

Of particular interest to me were the following words:

‘’Never before have I seen a Nigerian President declare war on his own country as we are seeing now’’. Really? Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that the war that President Goodluck Jonathan has declared was against terrorism and Boko Haram and not against the Nigerian people.

Questions begging for answers

Does General Buhari find it difficult to make a distinction between the jihadists and the Nigerian people?

Does he see them as being one and the same? Does he actually equate members of Jama’at ahl as-sunnah li-d-da’wa wa-l-jihad with the Nigerian people? Does he regard the military offensive against Boko Haram as being an offensive against OUR people?

Does he honestly believe that anytime thata Boko Haram terrorist is killed by our armed forces and security agencies or that his house is blown up, it is an attack on the Nigerian people or an assault on the North? Are those people that Boko Haram slaughtering, terrorising, abducting, pillaging, robbing and raping on a daily basis all over our country not the real Nigerians?

Does he honestly believe that Boko Haram is representative of the thinking of our people or even the majority of the people in the Muslim North?Is he still insisting on having another Muslim as his running mate in order to establish his strange dream of a Muslim/Muslim President and Vice President for our country or has he shelved that idea due to public resentment and outrage?

Does he have any empathy with the Christian community in northern Nigeria for the immense suffering, degradation, humiliation, contempt, shame, indignity, persecution and mass murder that they have been subjected to inthe North for the last 53 years and particularly in the last few years?

Does he still believe that ‘’Christians should not worry when Muslims chop off their own arms and hands in the name of Sharia because it is none of their business’’ as he said in 2001?

Does he still believe that Boko Haram members should be forgiven, granted amnesty, pampered, sent abroad to learn and given monthly allowances like the Niger Delta militants like he suggested in 2013?

If the truth must be told, the only thing thatis worse than Boko Haram are those in the Nigerian political class that secretly support and covertly assist them.

*Fani-Kayode was Minister of Aviation under the Obasanjo administration.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/questions-general-buhari-must-answer-fani-kayode/

Fani Kayode is trying so hard to pin this crisis on APC or Buhari.

For once that statement is not bad at all. Its kinda approach to solving it then. Its just the same thing Obasanjo has been trying to say. That Government should use Carrot and stick approach to solving boko issue. We all realized that itwas the killing of the first leader of Boko haram that escalated the crisis to this level . So government should try to demoralize boko haram and stop them from gaining acceptance from any public.

2 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by gratiaeo(m): 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2014

6 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by ALISMILE(m): 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
donmalcolm21:
Buhari is a time bomb waiting to happen, God will not allow an ISIS and BH sympathizer get into that seat, He will fail because he is an ill wind that blows no one any good.
Actually a boko haram supporter is occupying d seat at d moment! And not too long ago he sent his boys after d General. And we all saw wat his boys almost did to d general!

2 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Adwexky(m): 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2014
The Battle line has been drawn!
msmon:
The game has just began...
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Babycherry(f): 9:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
ok na, so if he answers all the questions,sheei he can then peacefully be allowed to be president ni? *siping my coffee* just got my teeth bleached
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Nonybb: 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
GEJ TILL BUHARI DIES OF STRANGE SICKNESS

3 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by babaluckey: 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
well...well....well... let's see whaz up today..
It's 2 ways either you vote for pro corruption or pro terrorist
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Idrismusty97(m): 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
No sane person takes FFK seriously....

5 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
ffk is a chameleon, so he shdnt be taken seriously. What has gej done 2 stop boko haram n corruption?

5 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by cbrass(m): 9:29pm On Dec 13, 2014
Who takes this ffk dude serious? undecided
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by rexzqcom(m): 9:29pm On Dec 13, 2014
Why don't this man want to give the nation space to grow ? It would have been wise for him to play role of king maker by silently sponsoring fresh contenders. Suspect his heavy records will cost APC in this fort coming election. Only fools that don't know his history of corruptions and bigotry will vote for him. His so called displine record, was rules of terror focused on southerners and Christians.While he turned a blind eye to his born to rule clicks.

7 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by henrysam(m): 9:29pm On Dec 13, 2014
holatin:
he will answer there is no problem with that.

But giving amnesty to criminal breed more criminals.

Why is it that the only thing pdp Ve always use in badmouthing him is been an havoc wrecker and jihadist.
Can't u change your tune for once.

Every Sensible people knows Boko haram are not fighting for Islam as they say.
Islam does not support dis craziness some fool called jihad.
Do research before associating Boko haram as jihadist
But why are the opposition blinded to other developmental projects gej had done. Why are they harmmering on insecurity.
To me there is no sector of the econmy gej had not touched. The case if insugents will still be won but its not a normal war.

7 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Truckpusher(m): 9:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
Asking APC e-crowd to ask this hard question is akin to yelling at a group of junkies to stay off drugs.

When is BuharBuhari going to cry again?
Someone should please remind me the date.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

33-year-old Elebele Bridge In Ogbia Collapses In Bayelsa (Photos) / Politicians, Others Evade BVN / I Am Igbo And I Support Operation Python Dance 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.