Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

He Want Me To Join Him In The State Without Our Kid!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Want Me To Join Him In The State Without Our Kid!! (4106 Views)

His Sister Is Pregnant For A Guy, & has Moved To Join Him / My hubby want me to break my sim / My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Want Me To Join Him In The State Without Our Kid!! by jumbotron: 2:56am On Dec 15, 2014
His parents have raised their own children, what does he mean leave your 2 year old behind? Please really discuss with your husband. I can not leave my children anywhere for another to cater for them when I am still alive and kicking. Is it the issue of insurance, child care, fear that the child will grow up without an African orientation? There are ways to make all these things work. Will your mind be at peace? I'm confused and sad for the little baby.

1 Like

Re: He Want Me To Join Him In The State Without Our Kid!! by raumdeuter: 3:21am On Dec 15, 2014
You know not all places in the USA is suitable for raising kids. Your husband might be living in the hood due to harsh economic situation and doesn't want to raise a family their.

All those saying they can't stay away from their kids etc. People that do never pray for it. It's simply condition that make people adjust. Did any man or woman pray to live away from his spouse if he had the means

3 Likes

Re: He Want Me To Join Him In The State Without Our Kid!! by veave(f): 5:54am On Dec 15, 2014
Op don travel shocked shocked shocked
Re: He Want Me To Join Him In The State Without Our Kid!! by Nobody: 3:35am On Dec 18, 2014
I have another angle on this matter. When my mother was 8 years old, her father (my grandfather) left from Jamaica to New York, and the year later her mother (my grandmother) left as well. My mother and her siblings were separated into different homes with my mother and her younger brother (he was 4 at the time) going into 1 uncle's home, and her older sister going to another. My aunt had a wonderful time at her temporary place, until my grandparents sent for her. She ended up being the most stable sibling of all the children. My mother and uncle had a horrible experience with my mother being treated as the househelp and punching bag and her little bro as well until they were sent to my grandparents. Once they got to Canada, with the different culture and all, my uncle went on a complete rebellion and left the home at 16, got married, move clear across the country and we didn't or barely see or hear from him until just last year, that's over 25 years!!! And my mother remained the obedient child, but ended up marrying an abusive man (my dad) and turned her again to punching bag.

Now, the moral of the story is, if you must leave your kids with someone else, be sure you can seriously trust your baby with these people. Because when you are 1000s of miles away, wickedness knows no bounds. Make sure, that you don't delay. My grandparents were gone for only 3 years max, meaning, the kids still got to spend the majority of their time with their parent again. Finally, North America is not Africa. If you introduce a weakened child into this place, they will be utterly destroyed by the things here. So, this is something you can definitely use as a discussion tool with your hubby. Make him know that there must be limits, checks and boundaries in this type of situation. Else, suffer the consequences.

2 Likes

Re: He Want Me To Join Him In The State Without Our Kid!! by delishpot: 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
As naija dey so, naim a man go say make him pikin remain there? He should be planning take his parents and yours sef grin
OP, tell us why he doesnt want your son. Unless him dey fear DNA.
Re: He Want Me To Join Him In The State Without Our Kid!! by kreamidiva(f): 11:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
veave:
Op don travel shocked shocked shocked

Lol... Op don travel o! cheesy cheesy
Re: He Want Me To Join Him In The State Without Our Kid!! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
prettythicksme:
he want his parent to raise the kid here first.

Most of those kids get out of hand under a US style of parenting and most Daddies I know are usually
scared of not having control over them whenever he/she messes up..This is also burning everyday in my
heart despite the fact that I want the best for my family.

Secondly, most of them won't want to come back once they are Citizens of most Developed Countries
especially AMERICA "the supposed land of d free"..This is one reason why am still here in d first place undecided

MODIFIED: During old age most of them go loss abroad and believe me, it's gonna be lonely if u don't start now to plan ahead
.. undecided

1 Like

Re: He Want Me To Join Him In The State Without Our Kid!! by focus7: 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
I wonder if you are here to seek advice from someone else to go against your husband instruction. Why not have a mutual discussion with your husband on it so the two of you can have a common ground on this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quick Question! Can A Wife Accuse Her Husband Of Rape? / Beware Of This Dangerous Plant! / How To Bleep Peoples Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.